Employees of all stores--post your stupid customer stories-- Numero Quatro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Nope, South Tennesse.

And i'll agree with whoever made the suggestion for customers to brush their damn teeth and shower once in a while. Ever have a whole family of smelly people in your line?[/quote]

I remember literally choking on someone's delightful odor one day. Thankfully, I was working the floor at the time and I just stocked a few things. I immediately got the hell out of there, went to the back, and did garbage instead for a few minutes since it needed to be done anyway.

You may have a hygiene problem when retail employees would rather deal with trash compactors that smell 50 ways of fetid, foul, and rotting odors on a 100 degree day in summer rather than stand anywhere within 30 feet of you.

[quote name='Kapwanil']I remember literally choking on someone's delightful odor one day. Thankfully, I was working the floor at the time and I just stocked a few things. I immediately got the hell out of there, went to the back, and did garbage instead for a few minutes since it needed to be done anyway.

You may have a hygiene problem when retail employees would rather deal with trash compactors that smell 50 ways of fetid, foul, and rotting odors on a 100 degree day in summer rather than stand anywhere within 30 feet of you.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of smelly things in stores, I worked at Wal-Mart a long time ago as a cashier. Working behind the belt is a little bit like an island. I had all the personal space I needed, or so I thought.

So, I'm sitting back there minding own business when I felt the urge to let out a litttle air biscuit. Not a big deal because my line was empty. And because this one was unordinarily rank, I'm glad that was the case. As the noxious fumes began to hit my nose I started to laugh because, well, everyone like their own flavor.

Then a lady walks up with a cart full of groceries. I mean this smelled like shit. The best part is the lady had a little baby in the cart too. The closer she came the more her face turned sour. Her nose turned up and she took her hand to her face. I knew she was going to come down hard on me. She looked me dead in the eyes and said, "Someone needs a diaper change!" and checking her baby. :rofl: I got away with it! Nothing like passing off a fart on someone else, especially babies and dogs.

You know I never was annoyed with customers coming in at the last minute. The hours are posted, so until the clock said one minute after closing I always knew any prep work I may do could be wasted when a last minute customer came in, of course at my job, the schedule assume you would leave 30 minutes after close, which was never the case so I was always happy to earn the extra cash and either have them cut my hours on Thursday or Friday or actuall get some overtime monies.

However, after closing moving all of the tables away from the remaining customers is hilarious.

[quote name='io']#-o You must be very very young...
Besides (and I know this isn't the case in some places, but...) most people I know who are 40 and have kids old enough to order around are a parent and not a grandparent ;).

I dunno - credit card slip maybe? In that case it would be smart - so you don't steal his credit card info ;).
.[/quote]

Slip of the tongue =^_^;=. I'm 20 and I don't really consider 40 old( and well, she looks a lot older than 40). I don't want to sound critical only because I dislike her, but she could pass by her face alone as over 60. How I got 40 was really arbitary, an educated guess on my part is that she's definately not younger than that, so I just threw an age out there to show that her age doesn't match her maturity level.

My parents are in their early 50's, but I definately wouldn't call them old. I think it was more of my spite directed towards the woman calling her "old bitch" because she'll act like a trampy teenage girl when she's thrice her age. She does have a daughter (who looks like she's going to hit 30, hence why I think the costumer in question is old) though, who is just about as awful and I think my parents dislike worse than the mother, and that's the mother of the kid. Sorry for the lack of context and for possibly offending someone.

And nah, it wasn't credit card information. I would understand something like that, or even a lottery ticket. It was something really, really simple, like the receipt for a cash paid item. I'm not 100% sure it was that, I just remember being really unneeded and it baffled me.

Hopefully those two statements doesn't come off as me just trying to cover my own tail after forgetting those details and possibly sounding dumb myself=p.

[quote name='munch']Speaking of smelly things in stores, I worked at Wal-Mart a long time ago as a cashier. Working behind the belt is a little bit like an island. I had all the personal space I needed, or so I thought.

So, I'm sitting back there minding own business when I felt the urge to let out a litttle air biscuit. Not a big deal because my line was empty. And because this one was unordinarily rank, I'm glad that was the case. As the noxious fumes began to hit my nose I started to laugh because, well, everyone like their own flavor.

Then a lady walks up with a cart full of groceries. I mean this smelled like shit. The best part is the lady had a little baby in the cart too. The closer she came the more her face turned sour. Her nose turned up and she took her hand to her face. I knew she was going to come down hard on me. She looked me dead in the eyes and said, "Someone needs a diaper change!" and checking her baby. :rofl: I got away with it! Nothing like passing off a fart on someone else, especially babies and dogs.[/QUOTE]

I just died that was so funny haha

[quote name='Kapwanil']
You may have a hygiene problem when retail employees would rather deal with trash compactors that smell 50 ways of fetid, foul, and rotting odors on a 100 degree day in summer rather than stand anywhere within 30 feet of you.[/quote]
That reminds me of a Ren & Stimpy short where Ren's teeth fall out because he never brushes them.
He looks in the mirror as the stink comes out from his gums, and a swarm of flies that were at Stimpy's cat litter come up to him and complain about the smell. :rofl:

[quote name='io']

Speaking of which, I'll chime in with the rest of the people who were shocked to hear about the black light thing. Whoever posted that - expect many surprised looks and questions about it because I have never seen such a thing and I shop all the time with my CC (never use cash - to the person shocked about people charging less than $10, I do it ALL the time). I would be a bit worried about such behavior from a clerk too, especially as I've had 2 credit card numbers stolen by merchants or their employees in the past year and used for fraudulent charges. Now, if everyone actually used these black lights maybe it could have stopped whoever made the fake cards out of my numbers from getting away with it (for the few hours that they were able to). Apparently Home Depot and Target are not places where they check for such things :rofl:.[/quote]

Well at Rona Home & Garden in Langford, most of the cashiers check every card. I know I religiously check every last one of them. A good way to test how much your credit card company loves you is by putting your card under a blacklight and seeing how visible the watermark is. Some cards it shines through brilliantly, others it's barely visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back