Employees of all stores--post your stupid customer stories-- Numero Quatro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here I am, bringing cookies back to the cookie aisle. Some guy comes up to me and asks me a question.

"Wheh arr yor pbhrests?"

"Um..." *Lord, help me.*

"Wheh arr yor pbhrests?"

"..." *That sounded like two syllables.*

"pb arr ehz shz ehz lls ssh"

"Um..." *Okay, so he's trying to spell it. I have no idea where the letters began and ended, though.*

"Pbhrests?"

"Breadsticks? They're over there." *Leave me alone...*

Five minutes later...

"Pbhrests." He puts pretzels in my face.

"Oh, uh... sorry."

Get the dildo out of your mouth, for fuck's sake.

[quote name='Chuplayer']So, here I am, bringing cookies back to the cookie aisle. Some guy comes up to me and asks me a question.

"Wheh arr yor pbhrests?"

"Um..." *Lord, help me.*

"Wheh arr yor pbhrests?"

"Um..." *Okay, so he's trying to spell it. I have no idea where the letters began and ended, though.*

"Pbhrests?"

"Breadsticks? They're over there." *Leave me alone...*

Five minutes later...

"Pbhrests." He puts pretzels in my face.

"Oh, uh... sorry."

Get the dildo out of your mouth, for fuck's sake.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he had a speech impediment?

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Maybe he had a speech impediment?[/QUOTE]

No, I have a speech impediment. (Seriously, I do.) He just needed to learn English.

[quote name='Chuplayer']So, here I am, bringing cookies back to the cookie aisle. Some guy comes up to me and asks me a question.

"Wheh arr yor pbhrests?"

"Um..." *Lord, help me.*

"Wheh arr yor pbhrests?"

[/QUOTE]

I figured out it was 'pretzels' at this point.

Which makes me wonder if I've been in retail too long...

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I figured out it was 'pretzels' at this point.

Which makes me wonder if I've been in retail too long...[/QUOTE]

It looks like I exaggerated how well he was saying and spelling pretzels. If you were there, you'd be as clueless as I was.

I work at a super market and this (besides people pooping there pants) is the wierdest thing I've seen to date

Cashier rings the man up, and asks the standard "credit or debit" question as he swipes his card.

the man responds "CREDIT OR DEBIT, HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?"
cashier "it says it on the card sir"
crazy person "I HIT MY HEAD 10 YEARS AGO AND CAN'T REMEMBER A DAMN THING. HOW ARE OLD PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER CREDIT OR FRIGGEN (edit) DEBIT"
cashier "sorry sir, please have a nice day"
then the man yells for about 15more min. babbling about something to do with bank accounts and how the government is messing with you money etc..... etc.....
so there you go, if you want to hear about people pooping there pants it will have to wait for another time.

[quote name='stealth1290']I work at a super market and this (besides people pooping there pants) is the wierdest thing I've seen to date

Cashier rings the man up, and asks the standard "credit or debit" question as he swipes his card.

crazy person "I HIT MY HEAD 10 YEARS AGO AND CAN'T REMEMBER A DAMN THING. HOW ARE OLD PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER CREDIT OR FRIGGEN (edit) DEBIT"
then the man yells for about 15more min. babbling about something to do with bank accounts and how the government is messing with you money etc..... etc.....
so there you go, if you want to hear about people pooping there pants it will have to wait for another time.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Nice.

Ok well I have some restaurant stories.

First one is quick.

This guy came in during a busy time, and it was probably one of my first couple weeks working. Anyways the rule at my restaurant was, that you should try to save a certain two tables for 4 or more people when it becomes busy which I tried. So I told the guy to wait, and he said what about that table over their? I just told him that I need to save that table. Then suddenly he walks right out of the restaurant and as he was walking out, he goes "schmuck" or however you spell it.

Next story..

This one lady walks in at the time we close. Well actually I can't blame her since the sign says 10:00 p.m. and we closed at around 9:45 that day. She walked in with her family, and I told her that we were closed. She said you have got to be kidding me. We drove all the way over here and your sign says 10, and you guys close on us. I ask her if she planned on eating and finishing by closing time. She just said THIS IS NOT HOW YOU RUN A RESTAURANT! Walks away.
A couple days later she comes BACK with her family, and asks my friend that I work with if I was lying. She says "hey that kid told me that you guys were closed yesterday, is he lying?" Well anyways that pissed me off but I still continued to be nice. Anyways quick to mention, she was sitting by this group of spanish people it was a big family eating dinner. At the end, she was a pain in the ass asking for every little thing like a FEW extra dishes for sauce, more sauce, hotter food, less spicy food, she didn't like the chicken, etc... Anyways she must have said something about spanish people, and her SON *sarcasm* surprisingly *end sarcasm* said something that was offensive to those spanish people to, or said something offensive ABOUT them. So they get in an argument and the son of the spanish family starts cursing at the mom. At first he was polite but started to say ma'am I only ask that you please tell your son to stop talking so offensively in front of us. Then the mom go's out about how this is America and how her son can say whatever the hell she wants. Anyways the argument continues and the guy starts talking and saying that shes ****ing ugly and how she needs plastic surgery and that she should get her ugly ass out. ANyways she didn't tip, and she walked out and said I'M NEVER COMING BACK! YOUR SERVICE WAS TERRIBLE.

Okay next story...

I had a few customers walk into the restaurant with people eating right in front of them and ask if we're open. NOTING that their is a sign on the front of the door saying that we are open.

Another story

This lady came in for some take out on a VERY busy day. She was a REALLY cheap ass lady. So first, she orders, she looks kind of nice so I was polite to her more than usual since she did NOT SEEM like a bitch. Anyways at the end she says her last order did not receive a SMALL white rice (now I was kind of thrown off, and usually I would ask someone if they remember this so she doesn't try and scam us, but I figure who would lie about a white rice), so I just decided to give her an extra small white rice for free. I gave her a discount for 95 cents for that.
Now thats ALMOST understandable, who wouldn't want to get what they didn't get last time? But now to think of it, last time her rice CAME with her order, so in a way she got it for free, and now she got an extra one, but hey whatever. That particular day we had a "5% off with cash purchases" so this lady decides to get that 5% off plus the free rice. her ticket was around 20.19 give or take 2 cents WITHOUT the discount. So with it I think it ended up being around 18 something. She gives me a 20 dollar bill and I remember giving her change back around 1 or 2 dollars and something cents. Now we need to remember that information for later.
Now remembering that it's REALLY busy, and its a small restaurant. I have to handle all the delivery/pick-up calls, all the take-out orders, the seating/reservations, and money up front. Now it doesn't SOUND that hard, and it isn't, but when you have two people on hold on the phone at ALL times, even after answering one call, and people walking in to takeout, and like 10 people waiting to be seated yelling at you telling you that you were lying about their place in line, you get annoyed, and it gets kinda hard.
So her order comes out, along with another guys. I'm busy doing other stuff, so I forget that one guys came out, AND I have to remember if everyone has paid or not. So one guy ended up finding that his food had been sitting for a minute, because I didn't realize it was out. He walks out no complaining.
But finally the lady gets her order (btw everything I've been saying is relative to whats going to happen) and looks at her receipt. So far shes been normal, MAYBE a little bit cheap but hey 5% and almost a dollar isn't too bad of a saving right? I probably wouldn't have done it at such a busy time. Our computers did not have a function to just give 5% off and a discount off the food, theirs more math and calculating that I had to figure out myself. But she didn't know that so I understood. Anyways she reads her receipt, but the one I sent into the kitchen did not include the discount she got. she looks at it and it says 20.19. But I know for a fact she gave me 20 and I gave her change, meaning I DID give her a discount. Plus it said it on the computer. She continues to argue with me saying I didn't give her the discount, and how I was ripping her off. I tried to reason saying ma'am you gave me a 20 dollar bill, your ticket does not have the discounted price on it, look, it doesn't say "discount" and I even printed her a new receipt, but she didn't believe me. Anyways she just said find you know what, I'm just going to take my food and leave. As she walked out, she said "I'm not coming back here ever again. I told her "Okay thank you for never coming back." Well that was the bitch part. Anyways the fun part was her yeling at me asking for the manager, and since my boss was busy (well the manager or whatever you want to call him -the owner of the restaurants son- well hes a kid too, so he usually understands when me and my friend talk back to some customers, and plus he was busy) so I just told her that I was the manager. I ended up ducking behind the counter and stood back up after saying "okay let me get him", I am the manager. She started yelling at me saying that I was lying which I was but hey, she was a bitch, I didn't care.

[quote name='stealth1290']I work at a super market and this (besides people pooping there pants) is the wierdest thing I've seen to date

so there you go, if you want to hear about people pooping there pants it will have to wait for another time.[/quote]
UPDATE! He came in again yesterday, and explained to me, after I told him happy new year, that every day is the beginning of a new year and that it should be treated as such. just take it one day at a time.
...prolific.

oh yea another story when I was taking a delivery order.

me - Hello this is chopstix how can I help you? (Yes I work in a chinese restaurant!)

lady - Hi is this chopstix? (This happens almost everyday, maybe because when I pick up the phone and its delayed or something and they don't hear me.. I just find it funny.)

me - yes how can I help you

lady - gives her delivery order etc..

me - okay are you paying with cash or credit?

lady - credit do you take american express?

me - yes

lady - what else do you take (she must have been preparing for the upcoming "joke")

me - we take whatever kind of credit/debit card you have.

lady - what about yours

me - What?

lady - what about yours?

me - my what?

lady - haha!! just kidding! I was just joking and saying can I use your credit card! hahahaha

me - okay give me your credit card number please..

well nothing funny from then on :p

oh yea and another story...

I was bussing this day, and these old ladies sat down. It was extremely busy and we were out of tea cups. These ladies said wow this dumb kid is not helping us set up our table, we're missing EVERYTHING. So I tell them ok. Anyways I give them some settings, and I walk to the next table, and they call me back asking for tea cups, I say they're out right now I"ll get them to you as soon as I get some cleaned up. As I walk away they call me an airhead. Then I forget about them because its busy so I accidentally walked past them with their teacups (yea dumb of me) and I step back to give it to them realizing my mistake. Anyways they call me an airhead again as I walk away, and my friend who goes to give them some water, well they tell him you know you've got an airhead working here right?

Anyways I didn't do anything.. just pissed me offf.

Oh yeah, and almost everyday that I work at least, we have customers who come into the the restaurant and ask we have take out menus. AFTER walking right past the big thing filled with menus hanging RIGHT next to the door as you open it. like literally RIGHT next to the door.

Wall = | | Menus = * Door = |o| and you DO open the door from the left side so you almost TOUCH the menus opening the door.
| *|o|

anyways its kidna understandable since most of the time people don't pay attention, but then again, I don't know :p

around x-mas time...this kid came in with 2 gals and he later puked up RED stuff. it covered a good portion of the floor, too. my co-worker and i later had to clean it up using a mop, broom, and dustpan.

yes, i guess that was my early x-mas present.....i'm just happy now that the store won't be busy for awhile.

JLi313, i just did that the other day. haha.

[quote name='JLi313']which did you do? I have like 5 stories -_-[/QUOTE]

oh, the thing with asking for a menu....haha. yes, i see you have lots of great stories.

oh yea, also

the other day this lady sat down to eat and asked me to get her some unsweetened ice tea. Now she seemed like one of those ladies, u know, who seem like bitches and are overweight, and because they JUST started on a diet, or plan on losing weight, they get kind of cocky. Maybe its just me and I notice weird things :p but anyways okay. She asks me for unsweetened ice tea which I give her, no problem. Shes probably trying to lose weight.. perfectly fine, absolutely nothing wrong with that. Then I see her pouring packets of sugar into her tea. That just annoys me for some reason. Then I think what if she just doesn't like sweetened ice tea, but prefers a certain brand of sugar. Well I cleaned off her table and their was around 5 packs of each of the three different types of sugars that we had. What are the chances all three were her favorite? I don't understand the big difference between pouring tons of packaged sugar as opposed to just taking sweetened ice tea. It wasn't really annoying, but no offense, when I see people trying to lose weight, I respect that no problem, but when you try doing it, and you do what she did hoping to lose weight, it makes me wonder.

Anyways I also think she was trying to lose weight because they were talking about a surgery she was going to do. They said something about tucking something and sewing something, so I was thinking maybe it was a tummy tuck or liposuction or something. Could have been something else.

[quote name='JLi313']oh yea, also

the other day this lady sat down to eat and asked me to get her some unsweetened ice tea. Now she seemed like one of those ladies, u know, who seem like bitches and are overweight, and because they JUST started on a diet, or plan on losing weight, they get kind of cocky. Maybe its just me and I notice weird things :p but anyways okay. She asks me for unsweetened ice tea which I give her, no problem. Shes probably trying to lose weight.. perfectly fine, absolutely nothing wrong with that. Then I see her pouring packets of sugar into her tea. That just annoys me for some reason. Then I think what if she just doesn't like sweetened ice tea, but prefers a certain brand of sugar. Well I cleaned off her table and their was around 5 packs of each of the three different types of sugars that we had. What are the chances all three were her favorite? I don't understand the big difference between pouring tons of packaged sugar as opposed to just taking sweetened ice tea. It wasn't really annoying, but no offense, when I see people trying to lose weight, I respect that no problem, but when you try doing it, and you do what she did hoping to lose weight, it makes me wonder.

Anyways I also think she was trying to lose weight because they were talking about a surgery she was going to do. They said something about tucking something and sewing something, so I was thinking maybe it was a tummy tuck or liposuction or something. Could have been something else.[/quote]

were they splenda or sweet and low? Some people put a ton of those fake sugars in their drinks, and those have no calories

Anyways I also think she was trying to lose weight because they were talking about a surgery she was going to do. They said something about tucking something and sewing something, so I was thinking maybe it was a tummy tuck or liposuction or something. Could have been something else.[/QUOTE]
Don't know about you, but sweetened Ice tea tastes like crap and unsweetened ice Tea where you add sugar or sweetner tastes a lot better. I'd try not jumping to conclusions about whether you think someone who is overweight is trying to lose weight because they order unsweetned Ice Tea.

Pouring 5 packets of sugar is still a ton less than the sweetened version has. Not that I mind. I love Iced tea.

We are setting up a store for opening in around 6 - 8 weeks. Black tarp is covering all the windows so you can't see inside the store (since there is a ton of cleaning and stocking of merchandise and it doesn't look nice inside the store yet and we don't want customers looking in the store yet). When I go outside at least once or twice a day people ask if we are open yet.

Wouldn't it be obvious a store with all the windows covered with tarp is not open yet?

These are the same customers that I'll be dealing with once the store opens so I guess I'll have more to contribute then.

Anyways I also think she was trying to lose weight because they were talking about a surgery she was going to do. They said something about tucking something and sewing something, so I was thinking maybe it was a tummy tuck or liposuction or something. Could have been something else.[/quote]
Seems kind of odd that she used so many different types, but typically if someone orders something that is sugarless, it's because they want to use an alternative sweetener that has less calories/or none at all.

Also, just because someone wants something that isn't as sugary doesn't mean they are trying to lose weight.

Case and point: I'm not overweight, but I drink Diet Coke. Why? Because I find regular Coke way too sugary, and I just prefer the Diet version of most sodas. I'm not trying to stay healthy, or keep a certain weight, I could give a fuckless.

I don't really have a customer story as I do a work story, but here's the short version - I work(ed) for a relatively well-known online retailer, and had a paycheck bounce. Two weeks later, I am unemployed.#-o

[quote name='nadsofed']Don't know about you, but sweetened Ice tea tastes like crap and unsweetened ice Tea where you add sugar or sweetner tastes a lot better. I'd try not jumping to conclusions about whether you think someone who is overweight is trying to lose weight because they order unsweetned Ice Tea.[/QUOTE]

No wonder.

uhh I'm sure most of you read, but at first I admit, I did jump to conclusions thinking she was probably just trying to lose weight, but later on i heard her and this guy about some surgery she was going to do. I heard cut open, turn flap, something about intestines and tubes...

So I assume either she had digestion problems or she was probably trying to lose some weight. but hey, I could have jumped to conclusions...

btw - to the person who said something about diet coke etc...

you don't pour a bunch of sugar into your diet coke to make it sweeter again do you?

I work at a "big box" electronics store and was helping a woman get a notebook, when she said something totally off topic. "You know, I'm getting pretty tired of these dogs going number two in my yard!"

I did not miss a beat. "You should put up a sign."

"That says what?!" she responds.

Well something like, "If your dog is a pooper, use a scooper"

My manager walks behind her right when I say that and he starts laughing and walks off still laughing.

She looked at me and said, "Nope, still wouldn't work, I need security cameras so I can track these people down."

She was totally serious.

[quote name='HyundaiJVX']

She looked at me and said, "Nope, still wouldn't work, I need security cameras so I can track these people down."

She was totally serious.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's not a bad idea :whistle2:k. Maybe combined with auto-targetting lasers. I'm serious too. You'll see how serious you can get when you go out to mow your lawn and step in a giant pile of someone else's dog crap that was hidden in the long grass :bomb:. When I was younger it was something I would have though of as ridiculous too (especially as I never lived in a house with a yard until I was in my 20's). Now, not so much... I really resent having to spend an additional 20 minutes after mowing my lawn cleaning off my boots and the wheels of my lawn mower (which I keep in my garage so it has to be clean) just because people send their pre-teen daughters out to walk their fucking 150 lb dogs and the girls are too squeamish to deal with the inevitable results. It takes away from my gaming time.

[quote name='JLi313']uhh I'm sure most of you read, but at first I admit, I did jump to conclusions thinking she was probably just trying to lose weight, but later on i heard her and this guy about some surgery she was going to do. I heard cut open, turn flap, something about intestines and tubes...

So I assume either she had digestion problems or she was probably trying to lose some weight. but hey, I could have jumped to conclusions...

btw - to the person who said something about diet coke etc...

you don't pour a bunch of sugar into your diet coke to make it sweeter again do you?[/quote]
Of course not, that has nothing to do what I was saying. You automatically jumped to the conclusion that she was trying to lose weight because she ordered something that was not sweetened/diet.

Like I said up above, it's unusual for someone to pour different types of sweeteners into an unsweetened item. As it's typical to use an alternative sweetener as opposed to sugar for fewer or no calories. But that didn't even occur until later, your first reaction was "no problem. Shes probably trying to lose weight.. perfectly fine, absolutely nothing wrong with that."

[quote name='io']Hey, that's not a bad idea :whistle2:k. Maybe combined with auto-targetting lasers. I'm serious too. You'll see how serious you can get when you go out to mow your lawn and step in a giant pile of someone else's dog crap that was hidden in the long grass :bomb:. When I was younger it was something I would have though of as ridiculous too (especially as I never lived in a house with a yard until I was in my 20's). Now, not so much... I really resent having to spend an additional 20 minutes after mowing my lawn cleaning off my boots and the wheels of my lawn mower (which I keep in my garage so it has to be clean) just because people send their pre-teen daughters out to walk their fucking 150 lb dogs and the girls are too squeamish to deal with the inevitable results. It takes away from my gaming time.[/QUOTE]
You should watch fro them and when they let their dog let loose mow over the shit and blow it all over their shoes! I would take some careful timing but it would be well worth it

When a dog craps in someone's yard on a consistent basis its usually a neighbors dog, what we used to do is figure out who's dog it was (many ways you can do that) and then we would pick up the crap with a shovel and put it back into their yard, it works good and i am pretty sure the dog will stop crapping in your yard if you do that.

Well, first I'd just like to say this is the funniest thread ever, and I love it to pieces.

I have a stupid employee story (it's really short):

This is a store called Future Shop in Canada, which is essentially the Canadian equivalent of Best Buy (Best Buy owns them after all).

*approaches employee*
E: Hi, how may I help you?
Me: Hi, where is your DVD Storage Units located?
E: Oh sorry, I don't think that DVD is out yet
E: *walks away*

No, seriously. So then I looked around and then quickly found some DVD Shelves, used my GC's then got out of there!

[quote name='Azumangaman']Well, first I'd just like to say this is the funniest thread ever, and I love it to pieces.

I have a stupid employee story (it's really short):

This is a store called Future Shop in Canada, which is essentially the Canadian equivalent of Best Buy (Best Buy owns them after all).

*approaches employee*
E: Hi, how may I help you?
Me: Hi, where is your DVD Storage Units located?
E: Oh sorry, I don't think that DVD is out yet
E: *walks away*

No, seriously. So then I looked around and then quickly found some DVD Shelves, used my GC's then got out of there![/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I was listening to one of the techs walk someone through reseating the RAM in their PC over the phone one day. I hear the tech tell him how to open the case and describes what the ram looks like, where it is and how to remove it. And then I hear him say, "The screen is messed up? You don't mean your machine is still on?" :lol:

You probably have to be computer inclined to find that humorous.

I used to work dor an insurance company, i talked with dumb ass agents who figure out how to do online quotes:

Me: do you have the square footage of the home?
her: no, all I have is the length and width....

OT: dumb shop lifters

I used to be a store detective at Meijer and actually apprehended a guy who went to the seafood dept and shoved a package of fresh catfish down the front of his pants......"dinners ready!!!!!"

I also apprehended a chick who stuffed a duffel bag full of clothes, her coat full of clothes, and even wore a bunch of the clothes she was trying steal out the door....we apprehended her and shes like "ok, wheres my ticket?" We were like, you steal $1,000 worth of clothes and expect to get a ticket? Was she ever shocked when the cops showed up to haul her away!

My grossest story, we apprehended a cracked out fat nasty chick for stealing booze, in the ensuing fight (she tried to run), her chest was falliing out of her shirt and stuff......so I thought I could vouche for her sex, but the cops told us later that she was really a dude.....

Not really a stupid story but I estimate I've personally taken about 250-300 calls in about the last month asking if we have either a Wii or DS in stock.

This isn't necessarily shopping related, but I used to work attractions for Disney so I have boatloads of stories regarding stupid "guests." I won't even go into the stupid questions I used to get every five minutes.

Anyway, I used to work at Rock'n'Roller Coaster at the Disney MGM Studios. For those unaware, it's an indoor coaster with cars shaped like a limo which goes from 0-60 in under 3 seconds. It's a launch start ride, and quite dangerous if people do not do what they are supposed to do.

So one day, we get a tour group of Brazilians, which happens quite a lot during certain times of the year. These groups are normally led by 1 or 2 guides for about 40 people, which are intended to interpret/keep order/etc. Generally speaking they are not very good at their job.

On this day one of the aforementioned guests decides to sit on the hood of the car, just in front of row 1, and latch on. You know, cop jumping on a bad guys car hood movie style? Obviously this is a problem, we bring the ride down, etc etc. Well the woman speaks zero English, and her guide is nowhere to be found. Everyone who may have been with her decides they do not want to acknowledge any affiliation with her.

The woman was eventually tackled and taken away by management/security/anyone large enough to pry her from the vehicle.

[quote name='neocisco']Not really a stupid story but I estimate I've personally taken about 250-300 calls in about the last month asking if we have either a Wii or DS in stock.[/quote]

That's everywhere. And it's at all hours, too.. even on Christmas Eve, the phone was ringing off the hook. Seriously, we were closing in five minutes and the guy was shocked as hell that there was no Wii systems there.

My favorite is when people call it the "Why". Or the "W i 2".

I hate when customers ask for something and I walk them over to where it is and we're sold out. So I tell them, and point to where it would be, "Sorry sir, we're out."

And then they get all douche-y and roll their eyes, "Well that doesn't do me any good."

I feel like beating people sometimes.

[quote name='Scorch']My favorite is when people call it the "Why". Or the "W i 2".[/QUOTE]

Or "W I I"... as in they spell out each letter.

Or better yet - the poor Russian mother who came in, grabbed me (literaly) and dragged me over to where the Wii stuff is in my store. She then pointed right at the picture with the Wii console and goes "YOU.. GOT... THAT... IN?" I tell her we do not. Ten minutes later after me explaining what supply and demand means and that I am not discriminating against her she left. I think she might of been cursing me in Russian but I have no damn clue.

We get a lot of people offering $300 or $400 to sell our retail unit. We have people yelling at us because we don't have any. They're calling every five minutes, lining up outside the door before opening.. cripes. I want it to end and end fast. Nintendo needs to crank them out by the truckful asap because i'm ready to friggin explode. People are starting to become verbally agressive and.. well, aggressive in general. What do they expect us to do? Those of us that work retail don't know shit about the shipments (unless you work at Target or something), they think we can magically pull numbers out of our ass or something.

..but then again, you get the recurring customers, those that come in every couple of days, and they ask, and they're pleasant and understand supply and demand. I'm almost tempted just to hold Wii's aside when we DO get them in for the nice customers. I even had a guy that was like "Well I guess you don't want my money!" and I was like "no, sir, believe me, I want your money, I just have nothing to sell you." and he got pissed and left. It was great.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Or "W I I"... as in they spell out each letter.

Or better yet - the poor Russian mother who came in, grabbed me (literaly) and dragged me over to where the Wii stuff is in my store. She then pointed right at the picture with the Wii console and goes "YOU.. GOT... THAT... IN?" I tell her we do not. Ten minutes later after me explaining what supply and demand means and that I am not discriminating against her she left. I think she might of been cursing me in Russian but I have no damn clue.[/QUOTE]

Wait, don't you live in Atlanta or some such area? (or maybe I'm mixing you up with neocisco). I thought we had all the Russian immigrants here in the Pacific NW? :rofl:

I checked on DS lites at a couple stores tonight while I was out. Got lots of slow head shaking when I asked. They are so tired of answering they've become mute. One guy did tell me they haven't had any since well before Christmas. Funny, Costco had palettes full of them last week. When I saw that I figured the shortage was well over.

[quote name='io']Wait, don't you live in Atlanta or some such area? (or maybe I'm mixing you up with neocisco). I thought we had all the Russian immigrants here in the Pacific NW? :rofl:[/quote]

Frankly I don't mind the russians, they aren't too bad to look at during my workday.

[quote name='Scorch']That's everywhere. And it's at all hours, too.. even on Christmas Eve, the phone was ringing off the hook. Seriously, we were closing in five minutes and the guy was shocked as hell that there was no Wii systems there.

My favorite is when people call it the "Why". Or the "W i 2".[/quote]
I had a good ol' boy come in and ask if we had the "W-I-I". He actually spelled it out. I guess he was too much of a man to say "Wii".

Before Christmas I had someone ask for a Nintendo 360. I must have been at the end of an 11 hour shift because that just seemed absolutely hilarious at the time.

[quote name='io']Wait, don't you live in Atlanta or some such area? (or maybe I'm mixing you up with neocisco). I thought we had all the Russian immigrants here in the Pacific NW? :rofl:[/quote]
Yup, I'm the one in Atlanta. Demo's in Minnesota, Twin Cities I think.

I answered the phone yesterday at work. 75% of the calls are wrong numbers (we got an electronics store's phone number that closed a few months ago) or telemarketing.

I said, hello and then the store's name as usual.

She asked if she could talk to the person in charge of repairs (this is a retail store that has nothing to do with repairs). I forget what name she used.

I told her again who she called and that we have nothing to do with repairs (we haven't even opened yet so it's not like she bought something from the store) and she responds by asking me if I could get her the number for the company she wanted?

I explained to her again I can't get the number and she still asked so I hung up on her.

And I think about 5 people came into the store today thinking it was open even though there are still tarps covering the windows of the store and we now have multiple "coming soon" signs up

I had teh sales clerk lose my reciept, then we looked for it for 20 minutes, it was in his pocket

2 more from today-

We are still not open for business, a guy comes in and asks to buy a flashlight. He offers to pay more than what we are selling it for but we told him we didn't get flashlights in yet (we don't have registers yet and are not set up to sell anything yet).

When answering the phone, getting at least 5 wrong numbers today, someone starts asking me about a TV they want to purchase describing the specs. I answered the phone with the store's name and there is no way we would sell TV's. I mentioned the name of the store again and told him he had the wrong number.

I had a phone call a couple of days ago:

"Oh, I just need some help, figuring out where you guys are, and how to get there... right now I'm over by the Ross, and the Big Lots..."

"... We're next door to Ross."

"Oh, really? Great, thanks!"

This is especially funny in that our part of the store building is on a corner... it goes empty store/us/ Ross/empty store. Ross is smack-dab in the corner, down a small corridor. We are the only store in this part of our strip mall with a window display. And right now, we have big banners and posters up for sales and hiring... I can't imagine how she missed us if she knew where Ross was. :D

[quote name='Surferflames']This isn't necessarily shopping related, but I used to work attractions for Disney so I have boatloads of stories regarding stupid "guests." I won't even go into the stupid questions I used to get every five minutes.

Anyway, I used to work at Rock'n'Roller Coaster at the Disney MGM Studios. For those unaware, it's an indoor coaster with cars shaped like a limo which goes from 0-60 in under 3 seconds. It's a launch start ride, and quite dangerous if people do not do what they are supposed to do.

So one day, we get a tour group of Brazilians, which happens quite a lot during certain times of the year. These groups are normally led by 1 or 2 guides for about 40 people, which are intended to interpret/keep order/etc. Generally speaking they are not very good at their job.

On this day one of the aforementioned guests decides to sit on the hood of the car, just in front of row 1, and latch on. You know, cop jumping on a bad guys car hood movie style? Obviously this is a problem, we bring the ride down, etc etc. Well the woman speaks zero English, and her guide is nowhere to be found. Everyone who may have been with her decides they do not want to acknowledge any affiliation with her.

The woman was eventually tackled and taken away by management/security/anyone large enough to pry her from the vehicle.[/QUOTE]

wow you worked there? Awesome. Are you still in the area/work there?

I work at a Dairy Queen. Some funny stuff happens around there, but this one takes the cake:

One day, a guy comes in and orders a large milkshake. Whenever you make a shake, you put the flavoring and a little ice cream in the cup, then put it in the mixer and start adding the milkshake mix. When you take it out of the mixer, its not quite filled to the top. Most people understand this, but this guy clearly didn't:
"Here you go, that will be $4"
"You call this full?"
"If you consider that the mixer was in the cup, and the law of displacement, then yes, it is full."
"Bullshit, this is a ripoff! I want more."
"Don't say I didnt warn you"
I went back to the machine, put in some more mix, and tried mixing it, with it all going around the cup.
"Filled to the top"
"It's all over the cup!"
Without even requiring a smart ass response, he reilizes he lost and paid for his now sticky milkshake (i did clean it a little bit) On his way out, I yelled "Don't blame me, blame Archimedes"

Another favorite is when people ask me for a recommendation:
"Uhh... hmm... what do you usually get"
"Well, actually, I'm lactose intolerant" (

I used to work for Blockbuster untill they decided that they wanted to close this location. They put a big sign out front saying "store closing". Some guy walks in and asks, "so where you guys moving to?" I said, "Were not moving, the location is closing" he then preceds to get all pissed off saying " You don't have to be such an dick about it

Now, I work for Lowe's (Home Improvement). We get all kinds of charecters, I had some lady call the store, then ask me "whats your phone number" i tell her and she hangs up"

Some old lady called us asking if we sold cheese

Some guy came back, stating we cut his blind a bit too long, wasn't much. the manager offerse him a $5 dollar gift card, and of course this wasn't good enough for him, since he had to drive thousands of miles back to the store, then he preceded to say if i was a contracter i'd get 25 an hour, get this and that, started making a big scene.. needless to say he got like 10 bucks outta it

sorry, i needed to let that out, stupid ppl annoy me

i had an interesting phone call the other day at my job.

woman: "hi. do you guys carry the GameStation 2?"

me: "im sorry mam, did you mean Playstation 2? because we do carry those and have 4 in stock"

woman: "i think thats the one. im not sure. i was almost sure it was GameStation but thats ok. thank you sir." - hangs up the phone.

i go an laugh with a few collegues about the call only to hear about another call over the loud speaker a couple minutes later. i pick up the phone.

woman: "hi. i just called about the GameStation 2 a few minutes ago and just wanted to know how much they cost".

me: *mental sigh* "the GameStation 2's are $129.99 mam."

woman: "ok. thank you again sir." - hangs up phone.

it just amusses me when people come into stores not having a clue what they are looking for. thats why if there is something i need to buy that i dont know much about, i look it up online and get details about it before i go an avoid making an ass of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back