Employees of all stores--post your stupid customer stories-- Numero Quatro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='asianxcore']Trotsky, I get that shit all the time as well :)

There is a Borders next door to the TRU I work at, and they ask for your card so they can slide it. So EVERYONE who comes into our store either hands us their cards, tosses their cards at us, or places it down in front of us.

When we slide it for them (as you did) on the machine in front of them, they always respond with "Oh, I could do that". Then why didn't you?

It's weird because the biggest supermarket chain around my area has people slide their own cards and follow the instructions on screen. So I'm not sure what's up haha.

another story...kind of short.

A customer the other day randomly wanted to argue that Matt Leinert was on last year's NCAA Football video game. We both agreed that collegiate players cannot be paid, so it's always players that have been recently signed to a pro team. I told him there is no way that Leinert was on last year's cover because he and Reggie Bush (who is on this year's 07') were drafted the same year, this year, in the same round. That last year he was still a senior at USC. He wasn't having it and proceeded to make me look stupid in front of people I work with, because he was 100% sure Leinert was on the cover of last year's. I told him to call me back when he finds out the answer...but he said he lives in Washington

06- Braylon Edwards
05- Larry Fitzgerald
04- Carson Palmer (last USC player on the cover of a NCAA Football game)

I guess he assumed because I play video games, I couldn't be into sports :)[/QUOTE]

fixed again

[quote name='Whambamm']fixed again[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's Desmond because of two things:

-The game focuses on winning the Heisman
-Braylon wore #1

So this guy comes in my store today, and proceeds to ask how much PSP is. I give him the usual spiel, 180 for used and 200 for new. He says he is getting paid 200 bucks next week(like I care) and asks if he can get that day. I say, yeah, you can pick up the used one. Here is the conversation that followed:

Him: "Does it come with a game?"
Me: "No. Just the system and the charger.
Him: "What can you do with a PSP and no games?"
Me: "Nothing."
Him: "Doesn't it have wi-fi?"
My manager: "Yeah."
Him: "So what can you do with a PSP and no games."
Me and my manager: "Nothing."
Him: "Can't you go online with it? Like, the internet?
(Clearly, at this point, he wants us to say that he can browse the internet, which if you bought a PSP solely for that reason, we might take you out back and shout you)
Me: Yes.
Him: So what can you do with a PSP and no games?
Us: Nothing.

This went on, and I swear to god, at least 5 or 6 more questions.

Then he left.

I hope he doesn't buy a PSP.

[quote name='mrblinG22']haha psp has no games either way[/QUOTE]

"There's this game called Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories where you get to go around in a car or on foot and you get to shoot at people. It has amazing graphics. You can't find that on the DS. No. Check Google. Its a fact!" -The DS Sucks Dude

[quote name='Demolition Man']"There's this game called Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories where you get to go around in a car or on foot and you get to shoot at people. It has amazing graphics. You can't find that on the DS. No. Check Google. Its a fact!" -The DS Sucks Dude[/quote]

Yeah man, the DS is shit even though it has sold more than the PSP.

[quote name='Demolition Man']"There's this game called Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories where you get to go around in a car or on foot and you get to shoot at people. It has amazing graphics. You can't find that on the DS. No. Check Google. Its a fact!" -The DS Sucks Dude[/quote]

Yea since the DS lite just sold [SIZE=-1]136500 units within the first 2 days of launch in the U.S. alone. That is quite a large number of people lining up to buy a system that "sucks". :roll:
[/SIZE]

[quote name='King_Sprout']I think he was joking........[/quote]

Oh fuck, was that from the guy who reviewed the PSP and was like "Yeah, can't do that on a DS!"

You know how some markets have those self checkout lines where you scan and pay without an employee?

Some old lady in front of me was just done ringing up her items and she went to the pay now screen she selected to pay by credit card. She could not figure out where to slide the credit card despite the credit card reader being right next to the screen with a picture of it on the screen. She tried to have the credit card scanned (of course they aren't scanned) at the item scanner, held it up to the little camera above the screen that employees can use to see if you are trying to steal anything, and then held the card to the screen. The employee monitoring everything came over and told her where the card goes and to look at the screen and she STILL couldn't figure it out. Finally, the next person in line basically walks up to her and points the card reader to her.

As if that was not bad enough, at the next available station, that I was going to, the old man who was using it first was checking his receipt, I guess to make sure all prices were correct but he was blocking the machine. I said excuse me to him, but he still didn't move. He couldn't have moved away and checked his receipt elsewhere right?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']You know how some markets have those self checkout lines where you scan and pay without an employee?

Some old lady in front of me was just done ringing up her items and she went to the pay now screen she selected to pay by credit card. She could not figure out where to slide the credit card despite the credit card reader being right next to the screen with a picture of it on the screen. She tried to have the credit card scanned (of course they aren't scanned) at the item scanner, held it up to the little camera above the screen that employees can use to see if you are trying to steal anything, and then held the card to the screen. The employee monitoring everything came over and told her where the card goes and to look at the screen and she STILL couldn't figure it out. Finally, the next person in line basically walks up to her and points the card reader to her.

As if that was not bad enough, at the next available station, that I was going to, the old man who was using it first was checking his receipt, I guess to make sure all prices were correct but he was blocking the machine. I said excuse me to him, but he still didn't move. He couldn't have moved away and checked his receipt elsewhere right?[/QUOTE]

Shit, we could have an entire thread about dumbfucks who decide to use the self-checkouts. From the people who shouldn't be allowed to breed, much less operate electronics, to the bitch with 60 items in her cart. It's why it takes me 10 fucking minutes easy to check out for a couple gallons of milk.

[quote name='A_Manual_Dexterity']Yea since the DS lite just sold [SIZE=-1]136500 units within the first 2 days of launch in the U.S. alone. That is quite a large number of people lining up to buy a system that "sucks". :roll:
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Maybe A_Man bought a humeur detector instead of a humor detector, and now can only... bah, this premise is not even worth it.

I have a good one that just happened...

As David (the acting manager) and myself were closing up, at about 9:20pm came a lady with her son to the door.

Normally people knock, she bashed the door.

"YOU GUYS NEED TO OPEN UP! YOU HAVE 10 MORE MINUTES LEFT!!!"

My manager was busy so I answered,

"What?"
"YOU NEED TO OPEN UP NOW!!!"
"Why?"
"You guys are open until 9:30!!! Open up now!"
"I'm sorry, we are only open until 9."
"DON'T LIE TO ME! YOU ARE OPEN UP UNTIL 9:30!!!"
"Listen! Here's our store hours sign, right here it reads 9 pm."
"I don't care let me in so I can buy Grand Theft Auto for my son! I drove down here going 80 MPH and I just wasted my gas!"
(Her son looks to be about 6, good parenting there you white trash bitch)
"Even if I did let you in you wouldn't be able to buy the game, our registers are closed."
"I don't care I heard you on speakerphone telling my son 9:30!" (Nice story change there)
"You don't seem to be listening, none of us would have told him 9:30, we have never closed at 9:30."
"WHO'S YOUR MANAGER!" (Of course, even when completely wrong go to the higher ups)
"He's the acting manager right now." I pointed to David.
"NO YOUR MAIN MANAGER!"
"Well, he's not in right now."
"TELL ME WHEN!"
"He'll be here on Monday morning."
"WHAT'S HI..."
"His name is Mark!"

She stormed off and I got on the phone to call Mark. I'm a believer if you have to send someone like this to your manager, give them a heads up. I wouldn't wanna be having a good day then some crazy psycho bitch starts yelling at me as soon as she walks in.

His summary: Eh, let her come in, I'll tell her what you told her. We have never closed at 9:30pm and if she starts bitching, I'll kick her out.

The story gets better though...

One of the dudes from the Subway next door came to our door. Turns out he thought it was funny and was laughing about it and she threatened him. She told him that she would have her boyfriend (commence eye rolling here) come down and kick our asses and then get us fired.

All I can say is good luck, the guy would have to fight 3 people. David, who's pretty filled with rage because when he had his car accident a couple of weeks ago, some fuckers mugged him while he was unconscious, the dude from Subway who's a tough ass mexican dude and myself, angry white guy.

Lets see if this pans out or not on Monday.

I work at a Pizza Hut. There's a Marco's about two blocks away, and people are constantly walking into my store with a Marco's coupon intent on picking up their order...which they actually placed at Marco's. Anyway, this mean old broad comes in one day to order a couple of personal pan pizzas, pays for them, and says she'll be back in about 15 minutes to pick them up. About 30 minutes later her food is sitting their, getting cold, with no sign of the woman anywhere. No-shows are common, but not when the order's been paid for. A few more minutes go buy and we get a call from the Marco's down the street. Turns out the woman went there to pick up her order, and when she was told they (obviously) didn't have it, she threw a fit. She was screaming, knocking things off the counter, making a complete scene. They called the police. The police showed up and hauled her away. Never did get her pizzas.

A couple night ago, about 20 minutes after closing, my store got a phone call. My manager picked it up... apparently, this was the converstation:

*Slow, drawn-out female's voice*"Sooo, are you guys hiring right noow?"
"Yes we are."
*long pause*"So... if one were to get hired... would one be subject... to a drug screening?"
"....... yes, we drug test."
"Oh, okay. bye."

Rule #1- Even is Drug testing is not policy, it's going to be for you if you have to ask about it.

Rule #2- Do not call your prospective employer if you are currently under the effects of said drugs.

:roll:

[quote name='Allnatural']I work at a Pizza Hut. There's a Marco's about two blocks away, and people are constantly walking into my store with a Marco's coupon intent on picking up their order...which they actually placed at Marco's. Anyway, this mean old broad comes in one day to order a couple of personal pan pizzas, pays for them, and says she'll be back in about 15 minutes to pick them up. About 30 minutes later her food is sitting their, getting cold, with no sign of the woman anywhere. No-shows are common, but not when the order's been paid for. A few more minutes go buy and we get a call from the Marco's down the street. Turns out the woman went there to pick up her order, and when she was told they (obviously) didn't have it, she threw a fit. She was screaming, knocking things off the counter, making a complete scene. They called the police. The police showed up and hauled her away. Never did get her pizzas.[/quote]
Good stuff.:rofl:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']A couple night ago, about 20 minutes after closing, my store got a phone call. My manager picked it up... apparently, this was the converstation:

*Slow, drawn-out female's voice*"Sooo, are you guys hiring right noow?"
[/quote]
We have a rule where I work. If someone calls to ask if we're hiring, the answer is automatically "no." If they can't be arsed to haul their ass in and fill out an app, we don't want them. I've had a few lazy bastards ask if a driver could deliver them an application.

Another story as a customer observing the general public- I was at an amusement park tonight and there are some Pepsi vending machines in the park. Right above the coin slot it says in bold letters, $1.50 and the LCD next to that shows you how much money you have put into the machine.

This woman had $1.25 in the machine and kept pressing the button for Pepsi. She must have pressed it 6 times and of course no soda came out of the machine since she needed another quarter. She could not figure out why the machine wasn't working and thought it was broken. She called for her husband and he showed her that a soda costs $1.50.

I was biting my lip because I didn't want to start laughing really loudly.

its not a customer story, ill just tell it i work at circuit city and the sony rep always comes in and put his ads for psp ps2 and all this trash all over the place he takes the xbox games off the shelves and puts empty boxes of psp's and poster of the slim ps2 all on our endcaps. he also leaves brouches for ps2 and psp on the shelves for customers. this guy comes in the mornings only and i work in the evenings only, i swear if i was there just one day i wouldn't be working there much longer man i hate that sony guy, and because of him i hate sony.

[quote name='Sad Turtle']its not a customer stories, ill just tell it i work at circuit city and the sony rep always come in and put his ads for psp ps2 and all this trash all over he takes the xbox games off the shelves and puts empty boxes of psp's and poster of the slim ps2 all on our endcaps...[/quote]
yep, our reps used to do this when i worked at TRU. they'd have little rep battles -- the Sony lady would come in and put up a bunch of POP junk all over, and then Nintendo would send their guys in, who would push all the Sony stuff outta the way and post up all the Nintendo stuff. then Sega's rep would come in, and do the same! i didn't mind -- i used to joke with them all about this, and i always got to keep lots of great promo stuff, from demo discs/carts to standees, posters & stickers. i used to ask them each, "what're you gonna do if the other reps show up at the same time?" well, one day the Sony and Nintendo reps arrived within 10 minutes of one another, and it was funny watching them both being very polite and courteous, sharing shelf space and talking to one another. none of their space-vying mattered anyway: once they'd left, i'd just move everything to where i wanted it, and that was that. really nice people, all of them (but Sony's lady was the nicest).

[quote name='Sad Turtle']its not a customer stories, ill just tell it i work at circuit city and the sony rep always come in and put his ads for psp ps2 and all this trash all over he takes the xbox games off the shelves and puts empty boxes of psp's and poster of the slim ps2 all on our endcaps. he also leaves brouches for ps2 and psp on the shelves for customers. this guy comes in the mornings only and i work in the evenings only, i swear if i was there just one day i would be working there much longer man i hate that sony guy, and because of him i have sony.[/QUOTE]

I got the essence of what you were saying, but man was it poorly written... "bouches?"... "because of hime I have sony"...

[quote name='zman73']I got the essence of what you were saying, but man was it poorly written... "bouches?"... "because of hime I have sony"...[/quote]

you misspelled his misspellings. ;)

I don't have a stupid costumer story, but I do have a stupid friend story. A few months before the PS2 came out, my friend asked me if the PS1 will be able to play PS2 games. My response: "Uhhh.... NO." If that was possible, why would Sony even release the PS2 then?? Thank god I don't hang out with that dude anymore.

[quote name='Squall835']I don't have a stupid costumer story, but I do have a stupid friend story. A few months before the PS2 came out, my friend asked me if the PS1 will be able to play PS2 games. My response: "Uhhh.... NO." If that was possible, why would Sony even release the PS2 then?? Thank god I don't hang out with that dude anymore.[/QUOTE]

gosh I used to get this question all the time when I worked at EB. I also had a customer go on a rant about how much he hates microsoft when I confirmed that the XBOX will not be able to play 360 games. Then there are the customers that don't understand the logic behind it...

Vietgurl: The easiest analogy I give them is this...

"Well, DVD players play CDs right?"
"yea."
"Well then, do CD players play DVDs?"
"er... no."
"exactly, that's why the xbox can't play 360 games"

[quote name='Squall835']True, but if you've read most of these stories, some people actually think a CD player can play DVDs.[/QUOTE]

That's when I question on how they have lived for so long.

[quote name='Squall835']True, but if you've read most of these stories, some people actually think a CD player can play DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Wait, they CAN'T?

What about Blu Ray? Can I play them in my CD player?

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']My friend at Radioshack said some lady tried to get a CD player to play DVDs.[/quote]

I'm kinda curious as to how she had it hooked up then, unless she just wanted to listen to the audio of the dvd.

not stupid. just plain annoying. people do it constantly too.

customer: can I get a copy of Chromehounds for Xbox 360
me: we are sold out right now, sorry
customer: I see the box right there behind your case
me: those are display cases, I flip them backwards so there isn't too much confusion

customer: are you sure? i see it right there
me: yup, I flip them backwards because the display copy covers look exactly the same. if we are out of it we flip it backwards and switch empty cases with live product when we get it in

customer: are you sure you don't have any in the store? what about in the back
me: no, we are sold out. our stockroom in this section only has bulk of stuff we already have out here

customer: ok, well......thanks
*he leaves and comes back 5 minutes later*
customer: are you sure you don't have it? I see it right there!!
me: did you want me to open the case and hand you those copies, so you can look yourself?

customer: no..that's ok.

Yes, it does cause confusion when we keep our display copies backwards in our case. If we didn't though we would have boxes and boxes full of them in storage, just waiting for:

A) copies of the game to come back in
B) a game we are not sure if we are going to receive

I spend 35 hours+ a week working in my section, I think I am pretty damn familiar with my own stock.

That's good that your store turns the cases backwards. During the December clearance I would go into TRU stores and see a game case sideways in the case like Tekken 5 and ask for it only to be told it was a display copy. Happened quite a few times.
--------------------------------------

Another story observing things in a store- I was at Sears tonight in the electronics and while I was in that area an employee goes to the manager because he needs help in handling a situation. The problem? Someone was trying to return a TV that had K-Mart stickers on it. I'm not sure if they figured since they are sort of the same company now they could get away with it or they were trying to pull somethingt but the manager said to tell the customer to "go across the street and take it to K-Mart"

[quote name='Scorch']A guy I know asked me the other day if someone had made a code to make God of War play on the 360.[/QUOTE]

It's meckaleckahi meckahineyho. You were just being an ass not to tell him.

This isn't about a game store and the customer wasn't stupid, just extremely crazy.

I work for a car dealership and I noticed a guy laying underneath a used 2002 Lincoln Continental out on our lot. I went out and started talking with him about the car. He told me about how he was driving a 2000 Continental and had recently hit a deer with it and wanted to get a newer one.

It seemed like no big deal at that point. I figured he was looking undeneath for rust or frame damage. He told me he was going to run down to our body shop and get an estimate for his car and come back with a check from his insurance company.

About 2 hours later he returned and we did the paperwork for his new car. That was when it got totally weird. He stated telling me about his days in the CIA and how he had seen a lot of stuff and had knowledge of things in the government that made him a liability. He said he was under constant surveillance and that there were agents constantly following him (either in black suvs or planes and helicopters flying overhead).

I thought he was kidding, but he just kept going on and on. There was a story about a time he bought a new car and stopped off at a local bar on his way home. While inside, someone ran up and told him there were guys in suits under his new car. He ran outside to find men in black suits scampering out from under his car and getting into a black suv and driving away. He said they were always putting tracking devices on his car and he had to keep finding them and throwing them in the river.

He also said he needed to change his cell phone number every 3 days because they were monitoring his calls. He pulled out a list that showed a couple dozen of phone numbers crossed off and said the last one on the list was his current one.

I was putting his plates on the car he just bought and he was telling another salesmen the same stories. A small plane flew overhead and he started to freak out saying "they know I'm here. They know what car I bought". He said thanks, jumped in the car, and started to drive off. He stopped, rolled down the window, and yelled out "forget everything I told you".

As it turns out, he was laying under the car because he was checking for tracking devices. I tried calling him a few days later on the number he gave me and it was no longer in service. True or not, this guy was completely wacked out!

[quote name='jbroush99']This isn't about a game store and the customer wasn't stupid, just extremely crazy.

I work for a car dealership and I noticed a guy laying underneath a used 2002 Lincoln Continental out on our lot. I went out and started talking with him about the car. He told me about how he was driving a 2000 Continental and had recently hit a deer with it and wanted to get a newer one.

It seemed like no big deal at that point. I figured he was looking undeneath for rust or frame damage. He told me he was going to run down to our body shop and get an estimate for his car and come back with a check from his insurance company.

About 2 hours later he returned and we did the paperwork for his new car. That was when it got totally weird. He stated telling me about his days in the CIA and how he had seen a lot of stuff and had knowledge of things in the government that made him a liability. He said he was under constant surveillance and that there were agents constantly following him (either in black suvs or planes and helicopters flying overhead).

I thought he was kidding, but he just kept going on and on. There was a story about a time he bought a new car and stopped off at a local bar on his way home. While inside, someone ran up and told him there were guys in suits under his new car. He ran outside to find men in black suits scampering out from under his car and getting into a black suv and driving away. He said they were always putting tracking devices on his car and he had to keep finding them and throwing them in the river.

He also said he needed to change his cell phone number every 3 days because they were monitoring his calls. He pulled out a list that showed a couple dozen of phone numbers crossed off and said the last one on the list was his current one.

I was putting his plates on the car he just bought and he was telling another salesmen the same stories. A small plane flew overhead and he started to freak out saying "they know I'm here. They know what car I bought". He said thanks, jumped in the car, and started to drive off. He stopped, rolled down the window, and yelled out "forget everything I told you".

As it turns out, he was laying under the car because he was checking for tracking devices. I tried calling him a few days later on the number he gave me and it was no longer in service. True or not, this guy was completely wacked out![/QUOTE]

I'll was going to buy another car from you, but after I told you specifically to forget everything I told you, I guess YOU cant be trusted. SEE YOU SOON.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I'll was going to buy another car from you, but after I told you specifically to forget everything I told you, I guess YOU cant be trusted. SEE YOU SOON.[/quote]

Thanks! I had to endure a body cavity search because of your visit.

I had an interesting customer today, she completely caught me off guard by her comment. It was an older couple, around 40-50's and they came up to me at the front door. They offhandedly asked me where the "gas bombs" were. I was sure I heard wrong, so I asked them to clarify, they had said they were searching for "gas bombs" for their grill. The grill part sparked an idea in my head and I asked if they meant the propane tanks and they said that that is what they were talking about (as if I were stupid)

I have a friend that works at Home Depot. One day, a woman comes in looking for a generator. Apparently the power was frequently going out in her small, outlying town. So my friend was showing her the models they carry, and this is where the conversation went:

lady "What does it mean when it says 'seven gallon tank.'"

friend "Uh, it means it can hold seven gallons of gas."

lady "Gas? Why would it need gas?"

friend "It's a generator. How else would it produce electricity?"

lady "I thought you just plugged it in."

LMFAO! Oh man that is great! :applause: :lol:

[quote name='Allnatural']I have a friend that works at Home Depot. One day, a woman comes in looking for a generator. Apparently the power was frequently going out in her small, outlying town. So my friend was showing her the models they carry, and this is where the conversation went:

lady "What does it mean when it says 'seven gallon tank.'"

friend "Uh, it means it can hold seven gallons of gas."

lady "Gas? Why would it need gas?"

friend "It's a generator. How else would it produce electricity?"

lady "I thought you just plugged it in."[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back