Enlist in the Wombat Liberation Army! *** UPDATED 10-NOV-2006 ***

So.......
What is in it for me?
When do we get paid?
We do get paid for this, right?????????????

At least give me bite off that bagel that you're munching on hidden under the handkerchief.

[quote name='yukine']Shouldn't it be saved as a .PNG? It looks like there are little artifacts around the text.

Would you mind supplying us with the .PSD? I'd like to try and make one of those smaller tags, it makes the signature lose all meaning, but at least it will make the mods less grumpy.[/QUOTE]
PNG files are "lossless" - meaning no compression. They would be way larger than the 50k "limit."

As for the PSD, you'll have to ask OneTrackMind, as I did not make the sig, just the bandana and the Wombat avatar. I'm pretty sure there's no way to make the sig "comply" without some form of artifacting. A .gif off the source PSD may possibly be smaller, but I have no way of knowing at the moment.

Either way, mods and others should have little to complain about now. A 50k 200px high version is above, and it's really not much more artifiacted than the original posted one.

So.......
What is in it for me?
When do we get paid?
We do get paid for this, right?????????????

At least give me bite off that bagel that you're munching on hidden under the handkerchief.

[quote name='wbc1228']So.......
What is in it for me?[/QUOTE]

Ask not what the Wombat Liberation Army can do for you, ask what *you* can do for the Wombat Liberation Army!!!

Comrades, secret sources inform me that the WLA has infiltrated deep into CAG HQ!! More shocking developments to come, I'm sure!

Our cause is just, in each one of you I trust, our bandanas are colored rust, don't throw away your pizza crust, fame and free games for Wombat or bust!!!

It's hard for us horses to wear bandannas. :cry:

But I'm all for the WLA... He's always been the superior half of the CAGCast team.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']PNG files are "lossless" - meaning no compression. They would be way larger than the 50k "limit."

As for the PSD, you'll have to ask OneTrackMind, as I did not make the sig, just the bandana and the Wombat avatar. I'm pretty sure there's no way to make the sig "comply" without some form of artifacting. A .gif off the source PSD may possibly be smaller, but I have no way of knowing at the moment.

Either way, mods and others should have little to complain about now. A 50k 200px high version is above, and it's really not much more artifiacted than the original posted one.[/quote]
Yeah, I didn't think about the size limit, damn badwidth costing money and such.

Alright, I'll PM him and see if I can get the .PSD for it, I'll try saving it as a .GIF and hopefully it'll be under 50k.

I guess you're right, but for some reason I notice more artifacts for this version than the original. I might just be imagining things though. :D

Would anyone be interested in being assigned WLA Division designators? I.e., "The Mighty 431st Division of the Wombat Liberation Army?"

Graystone, if you're up for it, I've got you pegged as the 327th Gunnery Battalion.

[quote name='Scobie']Would anyone be interested in being assigned WLA Division designators? I.e., "The Mighty 431st Division of the Wombat Liberation Army?"

Graystone, if you're up for it, I've got you pegged as the 327th Gunnery Battalion.[/QUOTE]

That is just fine. Anyone think the next cagcast will be awkward?

[quote name='Scobie']Would anyone be interested in being assigned WLA Division designators? I.e., "The Mighty 431st Division of the Wombat Liberation Army?"

Graystone, if you're up for it, I've got you pegged as the 327th Gunnery Battalion.[/quote]

I'll be the official brainwasher for the WLA. Muhahahahahaaaaaa.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'll be the official brainwasher for the WLA. Muhahahahahaaaaaa.[/QUOTE]

How about the WLA Special Operations Division?

Anyone else that's up for a unit designator, throw up a suggestion or trust in me to pick one for you. I'll compile and put 'em up in the OP.

[quote name='Scobie']How about the WLA Special Operations Division?

Anyone else that's up for a unit designator, throw up a suggestion or trust in me to pick one for you. I'll compile and put 'em up in the OP.[/quote]
I'd like Munitions Expert, please. :D

[quote name='Graystone']Anyone think the next cagcast will be awkward?[/QUOTE]

Awkward or hilarious? Or hilariously awkward? One thing is certain -- revolutions do not come without a cost! You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs! Every good cook will tell you that!

I think it would be hilarious for Wombat to have one of those "Hello, my name is... WOMBAT" tags that says "Ask me about my Liberation Army!" beneath it. :D

So far the CA guild is dying already. They only have 3 people officially state they're for the CA guild. We are already winning the war and nothing has even happened yet...

except for the 56,789 people we accidentally bombed. My figured slipped ok get off my back.

[quote name='Graystone']So far the CA guild is dying already. They only have 3 people officially state they're for the CA guild. We are already winning the war and nothing has even happened yet...[/QUOTE]

Well, that's the difference careful planning, measured steps, and the recruitment of genuine talent makes, isn't it?

The WLA has been literally weeks in the making. There has been a lot of thought and care put into the motif and message, and the intent is noble.

All we want is to show our sincere appreciation for Wombat and scatter a few smiles and laughs along the way. It's not some gamefaqs-esque knee-jerk bull-honk.

I think we should bombard the next CAGbag with numerous questions directed to only Wombat. That way, he'll get some much deserved air time.

...but we should probably do this after the TGS 2006 CAGcast.

In addition to what Scobie said, the purpose of this is just to have some fun trying to raise Wombat's spirits. If you've been listening to the CAGcasts recently, you know he's been under the hammer lately, and as our favorite chatty marsupial it's our duty to show him we're with him! Viva Le Wombat!

[quote name='Scobie']How about the WLA Special Operations Division?

Anyone else that's up for a unit designator, throw up a suggestion or trust in me to pick one for you. I'll compile and put 'em up in the OP.[/quote]

131st Burrowing Division

[quote name='Tiphireth']Spreading the word outside the OT forum. :D[/QUOTE]

But I was asking the man with the plan. Since he has a plan I think we should at least hear it. :)

[quote name='Graystone']But I was asking the man with the plan. Since he has a plan I think we should at least hear it. :)[/quote]

well, I have none at the time, but if you would like to contact me later, I'm sure I could come up with one on my magic plan-o-matic. :mrgreen:

[quote name='Man with the Plan']well, I have none at the time, but if you would like to contact me later, I'm sure I could come up with one on my magic plan-o-matic. :mrgreen:[/quote]

So you're really "The Man With the To Be Determined Plan"? ;)

[quote name='seanr1221']Ca....can I join??[/QUOTE]

Of course! The WLA welcomes all fans of Wombat. We'd be very glad to have you on-board! Feel free to adopt the WLA avatar, sig banner, or design your own.

Can someone add a bandana to this?

image.php

I lack the skills to do it :whistle2:(

Scobie, I would love to be assigned to be the head of a stealth/spy unit, care to make one up for me (since any name I come up with will sound dumb)

My membership will be obvious once I finish bandana-ing the Deltron heads in my sig.

I hope OP doesn't mind, but I made a small and clean signature graphic. Everyone who wants to can use it.

wla2.gif

Edit: fixed problem with image.

The deltron heads have been bandana-ized, I hope multiple colors are ok.

edit: heh, the quote I put into my sig a few days ago goes perfectly with the bandana-ed heads:D

[quote name='LiquidNight']Scobie, I would love to be assigned to be the head of a stealth/spy unit, care to make one up for me (since any name I come up with will sound dumb)

My membership will be obvious once I finish bandana-ing the Deltron heads in my sig.[/QUOTE]

captainfrizo hooked you up on page 3... looks good if I do say so myself. As for your unit, I'm assigning you to the 81st Reconnaissance Unit. Welcome aboard, soldier!

[quote name='umcthomas']I hope OP doesn't mind, but I made a small and clean signature graphic. Everyone who wants to can use it.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! I totally encourage people to personalize their WLA experience! I've gotta say that I'm amazed and delighted to see everyone's creativity!

I never imagined that everyone would apply the WLA bandana to their avatars... it's been hilarious to see them popping up all over the boards! It's also been great to see so many people helping out CAGs by modding their avatars. Nicely done, everybody!!

I've been laughing all day long as the WLA has been catching on! I know Whip Smart Banky and Wombat are thrilled with the response, and I can imagine OneTrackMind feels the same!

[quote name='Scobie']captainfrizo hooked you up on page 3... looks good if I do say so myself. As for your unit, I'm assigning you to the 81st Reconnaissance Unit. Welcome aboard, soldier![/quote]I saw frizo's sig, and thanks to him for doing it, but I think mine came out much better in the end.
thanks for assigning me a unit...I shall go infiltrate the Cheapy guild

[quote name='LiquidNight']I saw frizo's sig, and thanks to him for doing it, but I think mine came out much better in the end.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I try to help a fellow WLA member out and I get shot down. :cry:

I wish I could see your image though. Is imageshack down or is it something on my end?

Edit- The site seems to be back up. Okay, fine, I admit it, yours is better.

[quote name='captainfrizo']Damn. I try to help a fellow WLA member out and I get shot down. :cry:

I wish I could see your image though. Is imageshack down or is it something on my end?

Edit- The site seems to be back up. Okay, fine, I admit it, yours is better.[/quote]heh, thanks. Mine's only better because I put time into it, whereas you did it in like 5 min.
and its not like mines perfect: the blue bandana is cut off, and look behind the center head, I seem to have accidentely left a fourth bandana behind the heads :oops:
it still needs some work,but I'm feeling lazy atm.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Meh, what the hell. I'll change my avatar, at least for a bit. First change for me in over 2 1/2 years IIRC.[/quote]

Two and a half years? You sure? I remember you having an [adult swim] style one a while back. o_O

bread's done
Back