Epic Mickey wii $14.99 AC at ToysRUs - NOT Dead

Wblaze

CAGiversary!
Hello All --

Just got back from ToysRUs in Columbia, MD. Epic Mickey for the Wii rang up at $24.99 and then they took the $10 gamer mag coupon. Out the door for $14.99 before tax. Not bad at all even if this game is just average

Walked into TRUs to pick up Vanquish for in-store pickup, sales clerk greeted me by pick-up name (I didn't even think they knew), and even told me of the savings on Epic Mickey for $15. So definitely still very much alive at this point for the deal.

I was pleasantly surprise how informed their employees were.

[quote name='ayepapajohn']did anyone actually printed out the coupon and worked in store?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I used the print out and it worked perfectly.

Indianapolis in Castleton

Worked for me. Used the printable coupon and it was 16 something.

Wonderful deal, thanks OP!

It was unmarked so you will have to ask the people to open up the cage and scan it.

Hmm going to go after work, probably (unless the weather is terrible). Interested to see if they still have the $5 pokemon games. I might try for Epic Mickey if it's marked down.

[quote name='Magikarp830']Yeah, all this talk about hoarding and trading up to BB... just messed up. I see the temptation, but I didn't realize CAG = Slickdeals.

Anyway, I went to 2 stores, and both stores had a ton of copies, but neither had a single gaming mag. The thing that pisses me off is that they ALWAYS had gaming mags...

Either someone came in and snatched all the mags for some bizarre reason, or the stores specifically didn't put them out. Asking a cashier didn't help either.[/QUOTE]

I do agree that it sucks when you can't snag deals (I can't find a copy w/o driving to NH) b/c everyone is flipping copies but most of what I read here seems to be buy a copy and flip a copy. Can't be too hard on people for that, most of us have done it. Plus look at it this way: BB is going to have so much overstock that the rest of us are going to get clearanced used copies for like $5 down the road. I have enough of a backlog right now to tie me over until it happens and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Oh and thanks OP and contributors. Nice deal if you can find it!

I'm definitely in for this but when I went to the store every employee was like "Toys R Us gamer's guide, what's that?". I looked all over their store and found nothing. I'm glad most of you are finding some nice and knowledgeable employees out there, but I always seem to get people who are completely clueless. :bomb:
Might try that coupon scan on page 2 and see if they'll take it.

[quote name='JayVG']I'm definitely in for this but when I went to the store every employee was like "Toys R Us gamer's guide, what's that?". I looked all over their store and found nothing. I'm glad most of you are finding some nice and knowledgeable employees out there, but I always seem to get people who are completely clueless. :bomb:
Might try that coupon scan on page 2 and see if they'll take it.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes they stack them in the front of the store where you bring your receipt to pick your games up.

I just got the deal yesterday; it worked as of 7pm. The coupon is good until June I think, glanced at the expiration date. The game was marked $49.99 in store but rung up at the $24.99 price.

The employee that sold it to me almost begged me to take the $3 disc warranty like he was trying to meet some sort of quota. He was all "you got the money for it man, come on." WTF? I've never broken or scratched up a disc, why would I want some overpriced warranty?

[quote name='jas4yf']Yes, I used the print out and it worked perfectly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll go check it out in a bit and try to get 2 copies at least.

It just worked for me.

I used the coupon printed out in color at 4" x 3.5", which was the default size chosen by Photoshop.

[quote name='doodmandood']They will take the printed coupon.[/QUOTE]

Shit I didnt even think of that.. my store didnt get magazines.. and as soon as I asked they laughed said Iwas the 4-5th person yesterday to ask.

Oh well not going back now.

[quote name='consoleman']Can anyone confirm the $24.99 price is still good today or have they officially raised it back to $49.99?[/QUOTE]

I just bought a copy and it did ring up at $24.99. The guy at the register asked me for the coupon before I even offered it. I bought it with Vanquish and he commented that I was getting 2 games for less than the price of one. This TRU had a huge stack of the magazine/coupons on the side of the register in a wire basket. I forgot about the $5 Pokemon games so I'll have to make a return trip.

I'm hoping they have a sale or there's an MSRP drop on Homefront so I can put that coupon to good use.

[quote name='doodmandood']Will using the printed one AND the one from the magazine stack?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can actually give them as many coupons as you want, and make them PAY YOU Infinity $$$!

[quote name='fortunado']I just got the deal yesterday; it worked as of 7pm. The coupon is good until June I think, glanced at the expiration date. The game was marked $49.99 in store but rung up at the $24.99 price.

The employee that sold it to me almost begged me to take the $3 disc warranty like he was trying to meet some sort of quota. He was all "you got the money for it man, come on." WTF? I've never broken or scratched up a disc, why would I want some overpriced warranty?[/QUOTE]

The employee at my TRU told me that if you buy the warranty and break the disc, when you bring it back in they give you a credit for the value of the game not another copy of the game (So you can buy a different game) is this true? She said employees use it as a recycle program...can anyone confirm this?

[quote name='jas4yf']The employee at my TRU told me that if you buy the warranty and break the disc, when you bring it back in they give you a credit for the value of the game not another copy of the game (So you can buy a different game) is this true? She said employees use it as a recycle program...can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]

You were misinformed. A third party company handles all claims regarding the replacement plans offered in stores. It is at the discretion of that company on whether they replace the item or offer you credit.

[quote name='scottman']Yes, you can actually give them as many coupons as you want, and make them PAY YOU Infinity $$$![/QUOTE]

The award for most smartass answer goes to...

SCOTTMAN!

:applause:

For those that have stores that have not had the gamer guides, check again with them this week. My store was one that didn't have them, but we finally got ours in this week.

[quote name='prim4444']You were misinformed. A third party company handles all claims regarding the replacement plans offered in stores. It is at the discretion of that company on whether they replace the item or offer you credit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, this seemed too good to be true. Would basically be a 100% trade in policy...didn't make much sense, glad I passed it up.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']So is this dead since it's showing as $50 on the site now?[/QUOTE]

I assume so, it's showing $49.99 for me as well. So I guess you can still get it for $39.99 with the coupon, not as good of a deal, but at least you get it lower than retail.

My TRU had atleast 20 copies of the game. I bought 3, my girlfriend bought 3. We also bought 3 each of ONE of the pokemon titles (the other one, dungeon mystery or whatever, is only a $3 trade in at bb).

So we made $3 profit x 6 for the pokemons, and $10 profit x 6 for epic mickeys. Plus I traded Super Mario Galaxy in for $25. The pokemon (guardians or something) was worth $8.

I am working my way twards a heavily discounted 3DS. :) I dont feel bad about "hoarding" because my TRU had an excess of ALL games, (they had atleast 25 each of the pokemons).

This deal is truly "epic" in many ways :) Not only did I profit from BB, BUT I also got all the discover points, and TRU points to boot. Netting me near $95 in pure profit - for less than 1 hour!

Sounds like it was a lot of work.. Funny thing is BB and TRU are 2 minutes from eachother. Granted, you need a GF to pull this off, and they are very expensive.. so... all in all.. damn, no wonder I am broke lol....

[quote name='exceed19']My TRU had atleast 20 copies of the game. I bought 3, my girlfriend bought 3. We also bought 3 each of ONE of the pokemon titles (the other one, dungeon mystery or whatever, is only a $3 trade in at bb).

So we made $3 profit x 6 for the pokemons, and $10 profit x 6 for epic mickeys. Plus I traded Super Mario Galaxy in for $25. The pokemon (guardians or something) was worth $8.

I am working my way twards a heavily discounted 3DS. :) I dont feel bad about "hoarding" because my TRU had an excess of ALL games, (they had atleast 25 each of the pokemons).

This deal is truly "epic" in many ways :) Not only did I profit from BB, BUT I also got all the discover points, and TRU points to boot. Netting me near $95 in pure profit - for less than 1 hour!

Sounds like it was a lot of work.. Funny thing is BB and TRU are 2 minutes from eachother. Granted, you need a GF to pull this off, and they are very expensive.. so... all in all.. damn, no wonder I am broke lol....[/QUOTE]

By the time you factor in tax this just isn't worth the hassel for me. In CA epic mickey cost me almost 18 dollars...to buy six of them mail them in to BB (since there aren't any Trade in BB anywhere near me in socal) just to net about 7 bucks in credit is just not worth it. Great deal for you if you don't mind the hassel though

[quote name='joeshmoe']I assume so, it's showing $49.99 for me as well. So I guess you can still get it for $39.99 with the coupon, not as good of a deal, but at least you get it lower than retail.[/QUOTE]

As others have said the deal doesn't come up until you scan in store and the cashier hits total. The online price doesn't necessarily mean the deal is dead .

Picked up the last copy at the Sacramento Arden store today. As we got to the counter the clerk even asked if I had the coupon. In case anyone is having doubt about the sale price the clerk has to scan and total it for it to reflect the sale price (there wasn't a red sales tag on the shelf, just the regular $49.99 sticker) Came to $17 after friggin sales tax here but still a good deal. The family and I are taking a trip to Disneyland in June so this will be fun to play through before then

Also if you're looking for the gamer guides check again. The store I went to didn't have any earlier in the week but had a ton laid out today

Seems to still be working as of 5:08PM EST. Print out of the coupon worked fine. :)

At first the cashier told me that it would be $50 and I informed him I had heard it was on sale for $25. He said "No, it's been $50 ever since it released." Told him to total the transaction like you guys said, and it rang up as $25. Walked out with it for $16.49 after tax.

Store in Kennesaw, Ga. (North af ATL) Had the sale sign posted. The cashier said I was the first he knew of to use the coupon as well. Great Deal. This site is the BEST!!

No Epic Mickey's at my store (Wilkes-Barre PA), but they had all the pokemon games for $5. So I at least got 3 $30 pokemon games for $15 :D

All signs were posted as well.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']No Epic Mickey's at my store (Wilkes-Barre PA), but they had all the pokemon games for $5. So I at least got 3 $30 pokemon games for $15 :D

All signs were posted as well.[/QUOTE]

Which pokemon games are $5? I've been to 2 TRU's and haven't seen any signs and don't feel like asking the rep to pull them all out to scan. Thanks.

Think the sale will be dead tomorrow? Amazon already raised their price back up to $40. TRU has it for $50 online. Might have to cancel my online trade-in to Best Buy if that's the case. I'd like to hit up the local Toys R' Us' around here (including the one that the OP went too. Maryland, represent!) to check out the prices, but gas ain't cheap! Kind of sad I missed out on this flip.

[quote name='imacgod']Think the sale will be dead tomorrow? Amazon already raised their price back up to $40. TRU has it for $50 online. Might have to cancel my online trade-in to Best Buy if that's the case. I'd like to hit up the local Toys R' Us' around here (including the one that the OP went too. Maryland, represent!) to check out the prices, but gas ain't cheap! Kind of sad I missed out on this flip.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Maryland as well. Went to the Bel Air location after TRU.com had upped the price back to $50 and it still worked.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']No Epic Mickey's at my store (Wilkes-Barre PA), but they had all the pokemon games for $5. So I at least got 3 $30 pokemon games for $15 :D

All signs were posted as well.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what time you ventured to the store, but I got Epic Mickey, Vanquish, and Phantasy Star 0 (30% off clearance) for about $48 out the door. They didn't have any Epic Mickey copies on the sales floor, but there was about 5-6 behind the glass behind the counter at about 2PM when I went.

Hit a store in Naperville IL today, which had about 10 copies of Mickey marked 49.99. Asked the guy to scan it for me, he said he thought it was only on sale Sunday, but had no problem checking for me anyway. Sure enough, the price scanner on the pole in the middle of the section said 24.99. Not sure why some of you have to have it totaled for it to come up 24.99. We found out that price without even going to the register tonight. Grabbed just one for me, and the cashier said he was gonna get one today too for that price. Not interested in the runaround trying to flip for more BB credit, since I'm sitting on enough there now anyway that I don't know what to do with yet.

[quote name='joeshmoe']I assume so, it's showing $49.99 for me as well. So I guess you can still get it for $39.99 with the coupon, not as good of a deal, but at least you get it lower than retail.[/QUOTE]

No just go in store and it will come out as $24.99 prior to the $10 off coupon .

Edmond, OK Store had 7x copies remaining and rang up as 24.99, and used $10 coupon. Deal is still live here!

So I went into TRU to grab the Pokémon Egg thing and wound up price checking Epic Mickey. It had $49.99 down in the case, but just in case...I had the guy working there ring it up. I had the coupon in hand and was going to grab it if it rang up at $24.99, which would be *sweet.* Lo and behold, it rings up at $49.99. I give up at this point, and the guy decides to ring the coupon anyway, just to see what the price was.

Guy gets *really* excited. Tells me to buy it. Price was around $16 after tax, because the $10 coupon also took $25 off for some reason.

GET IT.

[quote name='PatelKing']Which pokemon games are $5? I've been to 2 TRU's and haven't seen any signs and don't feel like asking the rep to pull them all out to scan. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Pokemon Mystery Dunegon: Explorers of Darkness. Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Altima, and Guardian Signs. Those all all confirmed for $5 and it's in the TRU ad. I haven't played the ranger games, but mystery dungeon is worth the $5.

[quote name='[email protected]']I don't know what time you ventured to the store, but I got Epic Mickey, Vanquish, and Phantasy Star 0 (30% off clearance) for about $48 out the door. They didn't have any Epic Mickey copies on the sales floor, but there was about 5-6 behind the glass behind the counter at about 2PM when I went.[/QUOTE]

I didn't check behind the case. I should of but I figured I just bought 3 pokemon games anyway, Epic Mickey can wait awhile, I have enough of a backlog.

I can confirm Epic Mickey is still $25 at Toys R' Us in-store. $10 coupon worked without a hitch. Bought two copies. Plenty of those game magazines everywhere at the store I was at. Plenty of copies of Epic Mickey too.

Also, there are four Pokemon games for $5 each: Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness, Ranger Shadows of Almia, and Ranger Guardian Signs. I picked up each of them. Still plenty of copies of each them there too. Might play them although I haven't heard these games were all that great. And I'm a little Pokemon'd out. Seems like good trade-in fodder for the GameStop sale since you do get $10 extra for three games. Also, if you care about your Club Nintendo points, I'd suggest picking these up. They are first-party Nintendo games after all.

All of these coupons and sale prices saved me $170 according to my receipt! And hopefully it helped out the seemingly barren Toys R' Us I went to today.

Didn't know today was Take Your Child To Work Day. The ladies at TRU had their kids with them. They were remarked how they should get the $5 Pokemon games for their kids as well.

EDIT: Just reading the back of Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs: "Basic reading ability is needed to fully enjoy this game." :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back