EU/UK CE&Exclusives Thread - DI:Riptide Zombie Bait, DW7:Empires, MGS Rising CE Added

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
*This thread was originally for the S/E PSP LE's but due to a good amount of CAGs asking this to be an EU/UK LE thread I have decided to change it to that. We will try and post the cheapest price for these among all the UK sites that ship to the US. :D

*This thread has been transformed now to a thread for both CE's as well as games that are exclusive over in the UK/EU. :)

FAQ
[customspoiler=FAQs]

PS3 games are region free. Sometimes Xbox 360 games are but that varies from case to case. Regardless I will list the 360 version as well in case people would rather have a 360 copy to display. PSP games are region free as well.

Some Info:
  • All the retailers listed ship to the US. GAME & Gamestation must have changed policy because they used to not ship overseas.
  • Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card.
  • I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items.
  • Keep in mind the exchange rate fluctuates so prices will skew up and down.
  • If I miss anything feel free to post in the thread and I will add it to the OP.
  • Zavvi now offers free shipping on items to the US.
[/customspoiler]

UK Retailers (That ship overseas):
*Beware the dreaded Mailer! ;)
[customspoiler=Devil Mailer]
2v35839.png
[/customspoiler]

The Hut - Zavvi's Sister Site
Zavvi - Free Shipping!
game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - These are the same now
hmv.com - Currently down due to administrative issues. Cannot order.
shopto.net - A lot of my friends order from here in the UK. Apparently they ship really quickly too.
amazon.co.uk - At least last I read, they seem to ship PS3 games but not 360. Unless they changed that. I can't seem to find anything regarding it by clicking their help.
play.com - They ship internationally and seem to get a good share of exclusives

EU Places That Ship Overseas:
amazon.fr
amazon.de

Current Promo Codes (mostly Zavvi & The Hut):

None

Updates

Older Items here(I am going to edit this depending on availability):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8109644&postcount=5

Fist of The North Star Ken's Rage 2 CE (Exclusive To France & Italy)

Release Date: 2/8/13
Contents

• Visual Storybook
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Character Stickers
  • USB of Kenshiro (4GB)
  • Postcard Calendar
[customspoiler=Contents]
north_star_ce_thumb.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:/:360:
amazon.fr - €99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance CE (Zavvi Exclusive)
Release Date: 2/22/13
Contents:

• Only 25,000 Made
  • Raiden Play-Arts Kai Figure
  • Steelbook
  • DLC Code for White Armor Skin, Cyborg Skin
[customspoiler=Contents]
MGR_Limited_UK_Cover_02.jpg
MGR_Limited_UK_WhiteRaiden_05.jpg

[/customspoiler]
zavvi - £99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Steelbook (GAME Exclusive)
Contents

• Exclusive Steelbook by Yoji Shinkawa
[customspoiler=Steelbook]
MGR-PS3-Steelbook-SHINKAWA-01-556x431.jpg
[/customspoiler]
amazon.de - €14.99

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

*Going to be digital release in the US. This is for those that want a physical copy. No disc in US is likely due to no English voice.
[customspoiler=Box Art]
DW7E_EU_Cover.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:
play.com - £39.99
shoto.net - £29.86
thehut - £34.95
zavvi - £34.95
game.co.uk - £39.99
amazon.uk - £39.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us CE

Release Date: 4/5/13
Contents:

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Wonder Woman/Batman Figure (Way better than the US Version)
  • 2 Brand New Issues of DC Comics
  • DLC (Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52)
[customspoiler=Contents]
collectors_edition.jpg

[/customspoiler]
Nowhere to be found in the UK. Found it on amazon.fr and amazon.de
amazon.fr 360 PS3- €99.90
amazon.de - €94.99

Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition

Release Date: TBD
Contents:

• Steelbook
  • Collector's Artwork
  • 12 inch Bikini Clad Torso Figure
  • Weapon DLC
[customspoiler=Contents]
dead-island-riptide-zombie-bait-edition-is-gross-and-alarming.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:360: This appears to be 360 only ATM
game.co.uk - £89.99
zavvi - £84.95
thehut - £84.95

Dead Island: Riptide (GAME Exclusive Edition)
*Only listing this because so far there is no mention of one in the US, if there is I will remove this.
Release Date: TBD

Contents:

• Exclusive Cover :roll:
  • DLC I am guessing like the SE for the 1st?
[customspoiler=Cover Art]
253532_xbx_b.png

[/customspoiler]
:360:/:ps3:/:pc:
game.com - £39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Accordingly to my UK friend.
UK people do not order from Zavvi.

When I told him that I purchase my games from Zavvi, he simply laugh it off. He claims that zavvi website has been flamed by many people.

Most of the time he got his game from game.co.uk which does not seem to accept my US credit card.

Anyway, he is helping me with this order

PS3 Crysis 2 nano edition
Shogun total war edition + chess set
PS3 Yakuza Kuro edition
PS3 Killzone 3 Collectors edition

caved and ordered 3rd birthday twisted edition. the release date changed to april 1 and they offer free shipping on all orders now. :D

[quote name='fwbweux']It makes no sense. How can obscure little Zavvi afford to ship games for free to the United States but Amazon.co.uk flat-out won't do it? For a company that's awesome in pretty much every way for domestic customers of its various national branches, I can't comprehend the general backwardsness-to-nonexistence of Amazon's international business.

Sucks to hear about your BB:CS LE. At the bulk rates that online retailers purchase packaging wholesale there can't possibly be that much difference in the price of padded mailers and boxes, so that's just cheap of Zavvi. I'd just go ahead and pay their already-reasonable international shipping fees if it meant sturdier packaging. Hopefully the PSP LEs are safer just by virtue of their being smaller.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure it is not that they can't afford it. They might have agreement with distributer to only ship games to certain countries.

Yeah so I sent Zavvi a copy of my credit card statement 4 days ago since they needed it to process my order, haven't heard a response back from them. Cool company.

The collector's edition of Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection was just announced today, along with the release date for EU. It will be released on April 22nd.

FinalFantasyIVCE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A special slipcover and a handful of art cards is pretty weak for an LE (dunno why Square would choose to give some an artbook and OST but not others), but if it ends up only being a few dollars more than the US edition I'll probably get it anyway.

[quote name='fwbweux']A special slipcover and a handful of art cards is pretty weak for an LE (dunno why Square would choose to give some an artbook and OST but not others), but if it ends up only being a few dollars more than the US edition I'll probably get it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does seem pretty weak when compared to Tactics Ogre or The 3rd Birthday. I looked at this price on Zavvi, and it equates to about $48. I still want to get it, but I may have to pass on this as I think about it now. Unless like you said if it's only a few dollars more than the US.

[quote name='Animekatt']Yes it does seem pretty weak when compared to Tactics Ogre or The 3rd Birthday. I looked at this price on Zavvi, and it equates to about $48. I still want to get it, but I may have to pass on this as I think about it now. Unless like you said if it's only a few dollars more than the US.[/QUOTE]

From my experience with the other LEs Zavvi always lists them at MSRP to start with but cuts them significantly before release. 3rd Birthday and Tactics Ogre were both originally £35 and Dissidia 012 was £40 but they're all £24 now, which is a pretty significant difference when converted to dollars.

[quote name='fwbweux']From my experience with the other LEs Zavvi always lists them at MSRP to start with but cuts them significantly before release. 3rd Birthday and Tactics Ogre were both originally £35 and Dissidia 012 was £40 but they're all £24 now, which is a pretty significant difference when converted to dollars.[/QUOTE]

Do they automatically adjust the price for existing pre-orders or is it advisable to wait?

[quote name='bvharris']Do they automatically adjust the price for existing pre-orders or is it advisable to wait?[/QUOTE]

It didn't look like it, from my experience. None of my orders auto-adjusted after the price-drops so I canceled them and re-ordered. That said, I do recall someone mentioning that they had an order at the higher price that wound up adjusting at the time of shipping.

[quote name='bvharris']Do they automatically adjust the price for existing pre-orders or is it advisable to wait?[/QUOTE]

I'm honestly not sure. They auto-adjusted my order on Tactics Ogre to account for the fact that S&H had been reduced to free after I placed my order, but I don't know if it would work the same for an adjustment of the actual price of the item.

Just got tactics Ogre today, came in a bubble mailer but had no crushes or damage. I noticed there's a sticker for 50% off Vagrant Story voucher advertise on the box... what do you think are the chances it'll work on the US store when the game is released tomorrow?

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']Just got tactics Ogre today, came in a bubble mailer but had no crushes or damage. I noticed there's a sticker for 50% off Vagrant Story voucher advertise on the box... what do you think are the chances it'll work on the US store when the game is released tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Good to hear that your game had no damage, despite being packaged in the bubble wrap. I hope I have gotten mine today as well, although I'm really loving Radiant Historia and I can't put it down. As for the coupon, I'm hoping that it would work for our version as well, especially if they have the standard 12 digit code. I'm not really too sure about codes from international copies, since this would be my first one.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']Just got tactics Ogre today, came in a bubble mailer but had no crushes or damage. I noticed there's a sticker for 50% off Vagrant Story voucher advertise on the box... what do you think are the chances it'll work on the US store when the game is released tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

You can try the code tomorrow if you want, but if it doesn't work the only ways to redeem the coupon are probably too expensive and/or complicated to be worthwhile.

Even if you create an EU PSN ID, I'm guessing that you could only add funds with a valid European credit card, leaving you with the option of purchasing EU PSN point cards from Zavvi or elsewhere. Considering the exchange rate, though, any savings you'd get from the 50% off voucher would be wiped out and then some. I just decided to give mine away to someone I know in the UK :lol:

Still patiently waiting for my Tactics Ogre to arrive. Does zavvi have a tracking number for these shipments? Because if I remember correctly I can't find it in the emails or on the website.

[quote name='newtype06']Still patiently waiting for my Tactics Ogre to arrive. Does zavvi have a tracking number for these shipments? Because if I remember correctly I can't find it in the emails or on the website.[/QUOTE]

I never got one, no. Mine hasn't arrived yet either, I'm hoping it's there today.

While not completely east coast, I'm in EST time zone and mine didn't arrive today. No tracking number, but supposedly you can contact Zavvi about a lost international package after 20 business days according to my shipping confirmation email. Of course it's way too soon for that, but it's a small consolation for people who have tracking OCD/paranoia such as myself.

[quote name='Animekatt']What company does Zavvi use to ship and deliver products to the USA?[/QUOTE]

Almost certainly regular old Royal Mail. Private mail services like UPS and FedEx are really only cost-effective for larger items in overseas shipments, I'd imagine.

[quote name='fwbweux']Almost certainly regular old Royal Mail. Private mail services like UPS and FedEx are really only cost-effective for larger items in overseas shipments, I'd imagine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my shipments from them have been Royal Mail.

Got my copy of Tactics Ogre today. It was shipped in a bubble mailer, and it wasn't really damaged or anything. Only a small crease, but no big deal to me.

[quote name='Antic']Got my copy of Tactics Ogre today. It was shipped in a bubble mailer, and it wasn't really damaged or anything. Only a small crease, but no big deal to me.[/QUOTE]

can you post pictures of it? I really wanna know what it looks like.

I'll put an order in for FFIV LE as well. Man, if only they came out with this here in the States. As it is, I'll probably try to sell off the game to buy the American copy of the game (don't want to have issues with DLC + I want the SE member points).

I just received shipping confirmation for my Tactics Ogre Strat guide. I will get it March 2. That was completely unexpected :D.

[quote name='backseatdog']can you post pictures of it? I really wanna know what it looks like.[/QUOTE]

I haven't opened it yet, and I'm not going to until I finish Lunar. Here is a photo of how it was packaged and the little bit of damage though. As I said, I'm not bothered with it. First and second photo

Received my tactics ogre yesterday got one corner smushed a little bit ,but everything else was mint.

[quote name='newtype06']Haven't gotten my TO yet and I'm from IL. I'm a lil worried to be honest...[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm from FL.

So yeah my account's been sitting there for other a week and my order hasn't been processed. I sent them an estatement to verify my billing address and everything. Sent it to the e-mail address they provided, and also replied through the site's form. Nothing back from them. I have 4 $1 charges pending on my credit card. Obviously they'll fall off, but I have no idea what I should do about my order now.

You guys say The Hut is the exact same site, do I bother creating an account there and re-ordering? Granted, I lose the 10% off coupon but it's better than having the order sit there forever. I'm just not sure if the one I have open right now will ever ship or not. Don't wanna get charged for it later on if I make another account/order.

[quote name='newtype06']Haven't gotten my TO yet and I'm from IL. I'm a lil worried to be honest...[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it yet... it takes up to 14 days and it's only been 8. I'm in IL too and haven't gotten mine yet.

[quote name='Vinny']I wouldn't worry about it yet... it takes up to 14 days and it's only been 8. I'm in IL too and haven't gotten mine yet.[/QUOTE]
yep. last time I ordered something from there it took 14 days to arrive.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']So yeah my account's been sitting there for other a week and my order hasn't been processed. I sent them an estatement to verify my billing address and everything. Sent it to the e-mail address they provided, and also replied through the site's form. Nothing back from them. I have 4 $1 charges pending on my credit card. Obviously they'll fall off, but I have no idea what I should do about my order now.

You guys say The Hut is the exact same site, do I bother creating an account there and re-ordering? Granted, I lose the 10% off coupon but it's better than having the order sit there forever. I'm just not sure if the one I have open right now will ever ship or not. Don't wanna get charged for it later on if I make another account/order.[/QUOTE]

Since you haven't had shipping confirmation at this point because of your ridiculous credit card snafu, I'm guessing that Zavvi's incompetence is not going to suddenly disappear. I might attempt ordering from TheHut, although since it really is just a palette swap of Zavvi you're likely to run into the same exact credit card problem. Still, not getting any copies is a worse case scenario than the Zavvi problem magically resolving after you place an order with TheHut, though, as there are avenues for recouping costs on an extra copy. Whatever you decide, hope things finally work out for you.

Woot, i'm in Pittsburgh PA, got my Tactics Ogre this morning. Tiny damage in the bottom corner of the box but otherwise great, bubble mailer like everyone else.

Canceled my Yakuza 4 order and decided to get 3rd Birthday and Dissidia instead. I really like the smaller, sleaker design of the EU LEs based on Tactics Ogre. Will order the FFIV one once it drops (assuming it does).

Got my Tactics Ogre today. It was damaged in typical box in padded envelope fashion. That is getting returned, and I am re-buying this, and all the rest of these up coming PSP LEs off ebay.co.uk. All it takes is a little digging to find a good buy, and you can tell them to ship in a box. fuck you very much zavvi!

Gah, I caved and bought the Dissidia LE. Thanks OP, but my wallet hates you right now. Can't wait to play as Tifa (hopefully she doesn't suck).

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Got my Tactics Ogre. Mint not a thing wrong with it :D[/QUOTE]

I know you're close to the west coast so if you got yours and I sill haven't got mine, it just about has to be lost in the mail :wall:

bread's done
Back