EU/UK CE&Exclusives Thread - DI:Riptide Zombie Bait, DW7:Empires, MGS Rising CE Added

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
*This thread was originally for the S/E PSP LE's but due to a good amount of CAGs asking this to be an EU/UK LE thread I have decided to change it to that. We will try and post the cheapest price for these among all the UK sites that ship to the US. :D

*This thread has been transformed now to a thread for both CE's as well as games that are exclusive over in the UK/EU. :)

FAQ
[customspoiler=FAQs]

PS3 games are region free. Sometimes Xbox 360 games are but that varies from case to case. Regardless I will list the 360 version as well in case people would rather have a 360 copy to display. PSP games are region free as well.

Some Info:
  • All the retailers listed ship to the US. GAME & Gamestation must have changed policy because they used to not ship overseas.
  • Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card.
  • I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items.
  • Keep in mind the exchange rate fluctuates so prices will skew up and down.
  • If I miss anything feel free to post in the thread and I will add it to the OP.
  • Zavvi now offers free shipping on items to the US.
[/customspoiler]

UK Retailers (That ship overseas):
*Beware the dreaded Mailer! ;)
[customspoiler=Devil Mailer]
2v35839.png
[/customspoiler]

The Hut - Zavvi's Sister Site
Zavvi - Free Shipping!
game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - These are the same now
hmv.com - Currently down due to administrative issues. Cannot order.
shopto.net - A lot of my friends order from here in the UK. Apparently they ship really quickly too.
amazon.co.uk - At least last I read, they seem to ship PS3 games but not 360. Unless they changed that. I can't seem to find anything regarding it by clicking their help.
play.com - They ship internationally and seem to get a good share of exclusives

EU Places That Ship Overseas:
amazon.fr
amazon.de

Current Promo Codes (mostly Zavvi & The Hut):

None

Updates

Older Items here(I am going to edit this depending on availability):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8109644&postcount=5

Fist of The North Star Ken's Rage 2 CE (Exclusive To France & Italy)

Release Date: 2/8/13
Contents

• Visual Storybook
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Character Stickers
  • USB of Kenshiro (4GB)
  • Postcard Calendar
[customspoiler=Contents]
north_star_ce_thumb.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:/:360:
amazon.fr - €99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance CE (Zavvi Exclusive)
Release Date: 2/22/13
Contents:

• Only 25,000 Made
  • Raiden Play-Arts Kai Figure
  • Steelbook
  • DLC Code for White Armor Skin, Cyborg Skin
[customspoiler=Contents]
MGR_Limited_UK_Cover_02.jpg
MGR_Limited_UK_WhiteRaiden_05.jpg

[/customspoiler]
zavvi - £99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Steelbook (GAME Exclusive)
Contents

• Exclusive Steelbook by Yoji Shinkawa
[customspoiler=Steelbook]
MGR-PS3-Steelbook-SHINKAWA-01-556x431.jpg
[/customspoiler]
amazon.de - €14.99

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

*Going to be digital release in the US. This is for those that want a physical copy. No disc in US is likely due to no English voice.
[customspoiler=Box Art]
DW7E_EU_Cover.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:
play.com - £39.99
shoto.net - £29.86
thehut - £34.95
zavvi - £34.95
game.co.uk - £39.99
amazon.uk - £39.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us CE

Release Date: 4/5/13
Contents:

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Wonder Woman/Batman Figure (Way better than the US Version)
  • 2 Brand New Issues of DC Comics
  • DLC (Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52)
[customspoiler=Contents]
collectors_edition.jpg

[/customspoiler]
Nowhere to be found in the UK. Found it on amazon.fr and amazon.de
amazon.fr 360 PS3- €99.90
amazon.de - €94.99

Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition

Release Date: TBD
Contents:

• Steelbook
  • Collector's Artwork
  • 12 inch Bikini Clad Torso Figure
  • Weapon DLC
[customspoiler=Contents]
dead-island-riptide-zombie-bait-edition-is-gross-and-alarming.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:360: This appears to be 360 only ATM
game.co.uk - £89.99
zavvi - £84.95
thehut - £84.95

Dead Island: Riptide (GAME Exclusive Edition)
*Only listing this because so far there is no mention of one in the US, if there is I will remove this.
Release Date: TBD

Contents:

• Exclusive Cover :roll:
  • DLC I am guessing like the SE for the 1st?
[customspoiler=Cover Art]
253532_xbx_b.png

[/customspoiler]
:360:/:ps3:/:pc:
game.com - £39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JAlbertL']Anyone using a Visa debit card having problems with their order going through? I ordered Demon Souls some months back and it went through with no problems but now it's not. I tried using PayPal but that doesn't seem to work either.[/QUOTE]

If you are ording from gamer.co.uk I had a problem using my Visa debit and credit and my Paypal Mastercard. I called the bank and they said it wasnt on there end and emial gamer and they said they didnt know and didnt think it was on there end. I tried ordering it on 3 different computers and even my cell and couldnt get it to work. I ended up having a friend make an account and ordered it with his card and I paid him for it. He had no problems at all. Glad Im not the only one.

[quote name='jling84']Anyone know if Yakuza 4 has gotten any DLC in Japan outside of the stuff coming in the UK Kuro Steelbook? I'm asking because I don't want to buy the UK version and not be able to buy future DLC.[/QUOTE]

yeah, this is the one hold up I have as well.

I really would LOVE that steelbook - but not being able play play the DLC would kind of be a bummer.

Same here. Did a quick search through JPSN, doesn't look like there was any. Though at the same time I couldn't find anything related to Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza 4 or Kenzan at all. Only the demo and trailers for the Yakuza 3 and Black Leopard showed up.

Not really sure what's up with that.

[quote name='JAlbertL']Anyone using a Visa debit card having problems with their order going through? I ordered Demon Souls some months back and it went through with no problems but now it's not. I tried using PayPal but that doesn't seem to work either.[/QUOTE]

I just got a email back for gamer.co.uk:

"Thank you for your email.

We use the services of a security company to screen all orders prior to authorization. In this instance the security company deemed it prudent to prevent your orders being authorized. We have contacted them and attempted to allow further orders to be placed, but regrettably in this instance they were not able to lower the security threshold. As such unfortunately you will no longer be able to place any orders on our website.

I am sincerely sorry for any disappointment caused."

All I can say is wow and Ill never try and use these guys again :bomb:

[quote name='n1c0']Same here. Did a quick search through JPSN, doesn't look like there was any. Though at the same time I couldn't find anything related to Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza 4 or Kenzan at all. Only the demo and trailers for the Yakuza 3 and Black Leopard showed up.

Not really sure what's up with that.[/QUOTE]

They seem to take stuff down quick on the Japan PSN store. I dont know why. I remember there was a demo for Yakuza 4 not long before 3 came out over here but it was only up for like 2 weeks. Kenzan's demo was up a shorter time then that.

As promised, here's what the Lord of Arcana LE set actually looks like:

picture.php

I'm pretty impressed - although the edges did get a little smushed during shipping.

Looks really nice. Didn't know it came with the Crystal Defenders discount voucher. As far as I know, Tactics Ogre comes with a discount voucher on a PSN copy of Vagrant Story as well.

I'm a total noob when it comes to the ridiculous region coding issues of PSN content, but is there any way to add funds to an EU PSN account from the United States? Since these are just discounts and not free vouchers it looks like it's going to be hard if not impossible for importers to take advantage of them. Worse comes to worst, I'll give my discount away for free to someone on the UK forum here at CAG.

[quote name='Zaku77']did they ship it in a box?[/QUOTE]
My Lord of Arcana was shipped in a large bubble mailer that was wrapped around itself several times. No wear or damage to the game box at all.

[quote name='Ionotropic']My Lord of Arcana was shipped in a large bubble mailer that was wrapped around itself several times. No wear or damage to the game box at all.[/QUOTE]

Bubble mailer here too and mine also arrived without any damage.

The game box itself is pretty solidly packed and seems pretty resistant to crushing, as opposed to the US PSP premium editions like Prinny and such that have a lot of empty space inside the outer box.

Man, seeing that psp logo on the thread with the thead title, I thought they are releasing a special edition of Yakuza for the psp!

Edit, for those that cares and unaware, here's info that will get you the psp yakuza demo.

Anyone order from Zavi and have no problems? Because they're shipping address doesn't seem to support us address and was wondering if this will become a problem come shipping time.

Anyone know where I can get the vanquish steelbook for sale? Also are there any preorders for the mortal kombat UK ce?

Looks like the Killzone 3 Steelbook has most of what comes in the Helghast Edition, with it being available at Gamestation and Game.

The Vanquish steelbook can be bought at gamestation.co.uk and there is a cheap on on ebay.co.uk with international shipping for ~5 pounds.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Anyone else on the fence with Tactics Ogre? Looks to be about the same price as getting it off of Amazon, I just don't know if I want a EU game :([/QUOTE]

I don't really see the downside since it's not Region-locked. Getting the CE for the same price as the regular edition off Amazon was a no-brainer, at least for me.

[quote name='bvharris']I don't really see the downside since it's not Region-locked. Getting the CE for the same price as the regular edition off Amazon was a no-brainer, at least for me.[/QUOTE]
Yea that's kind of where I'm at, I guess I just don't know enough about EU games. Do they have the same style case and language tracks?

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Yea that's kind of where I'm at, I guess I just don't know enough about EU games. Do they have the same style case and language tracks?[/QUOTE]

Basically. The ESRB logo will be replaced by their equivalent, but I don't think it's all that noticeable (though theirs is significantly more garish I suppose). As far as I know the UK localization is usually the same as what we get here, though I could be wrong.

If anyone is interested Prince of Persia Trilogy HD is on sale today for £12.85 which is roughly $20.59 based on google's conversion. They shipped mine to me super fast, wish i could've got my copy this cheap though.

I think Nintendo is the only one who got Europe specific localization. For example Europe version of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin has a completely different translation with different names that's suppose to be closer to the original Japanese

[quote name='bvharris']Basically. The ESRB logo will be replaced by their equivalent, but I don't think it's all that noticeable (though theirs is significantly more garish I suppose). As far as I know the UK localization is usually the same as what we get here, though I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

In recent history there have been very few games that have had a different English localization in Europe than they have in America. Sometimes game scripts may be edited simply to accommodate British spellings (that silly "-or" -> "-our", "e" -> "oe/ae" business) but this is as far as it goes.

As an interesting side note, the US art for Tactics Ogre is mildly censored. The women have been given leggings because those bare gorgeous gams will cause mommy to have a heart attack in Gamestop while she's searching for that UMD-only copy of Dragonball Evolution that little Billy won't stop begging for.

Also, and hopefully I wasn't beaten to the punch on this while typing it, but here are pics of the Dissidia 012 [duodecim] 46682/87 Fortnights Double Down Dream Drop Distance International Final Re:Mix LE:

2gtzok2.jpg

Lithos instead of an artbook? I know the word is passe, but that's kind of fail (at least for me.)

[quote name='Layd Dly']If anyone is interested Prince of Persia Trilogy HD is on sale today for £12.85 which is roughly $20.59 based on google's conversion. They shipped mine to me super fast, wish i could've got my copy this cheap though.[/QUOTE]

Who is "they"? I'm interested.

[quote name='Relysis']Who is "they"? I'm interested.[/QUOTE]

Guessing Zavvi. It's that price plus shipping today for their Mega Monday sale, as far as I know.

[quote name='fwbweux']Guessing Zavvi. It's that price plus shipping today for their Mega Monday sale, as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

That was it, thanks. Might as well grab breath of fire III while I'm in the import mood.

[quote name='Relysis']Who is "they"? I'm interested.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fwbweux']Guessing Zavvi. It's that price plus shipping today for their Mega Monday sale, as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Relysis']That was it, thanks. Might as well grab breath of fire III while I'm in the import mood.[/QUOTE]

You all win. And yes you should grab Breath of Fire 3 as well. :bouncy:

Today I noticed on Zavvi.com that the prices of both special editions of Tactics Ogre and Dissidia Duodecim went down from £26.34 to £23.85. On top of that, they now have free shipping, even to the states. Had to cancel my previous order, and reorder at the new prices.

Can anyone comment on the localization of Tactics Ogre being the same or different for the US/EU versions?

I played the EU version for a bit and the dialogue is pretty... thick. The entire series is like that, but I was wondering if the versions differed. I'm very inclined to get the EU CE though.

I guess I'll know once I find a US copy of it to mess around with... >.>

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Animekatt']Today I noticed on Zavvi.com that the prices of both special editions of Tactics Ogre and Dissidia Duodecim went down from £26.34 to £23.85. On top of that, they now have free shipping, even to the states. Had to cancel my previous order, and reorder at the new prices.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Animekatt']Today I noticed on Zavvi.com that the prices of both special editions of Tactics Ogre and Dissidia Duodecim went down from £26.34 to £23.85. On top of that, they now have free shipping, even to the states. Had to cancel my previous order, and reorder at the new prices.[/QUOTE]
Thanks dude! Same deal on Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday LE. You just saved me like twenty dollars! :applause:

[quote name='Ionotropic']Thanks dudette! Same deal on Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday LE. You just saved me like twenty dollars! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Fixed. ;)

Let's just call everyone "duds" then and avoid the delicate issue of how to de-sexualize sufer lingo

Thanks for the heads-up too, had to cancel the previous order but now I'll save like $5 or per game.

I'll probably cancel and re-order as well. My only fear is having to go to the back of the line for when my order is fulfilled and potentially not getting one or more of the LEs due to quantity limitations. I'm hoping the risk is minimal, especially considering that Dissidia 012 is the only one of the three that has a non-LE version available in the UK.

I just found a code for 5 pounds off an order over 50 pounds so I ordered Parasite Eve 3, Tactics Ogre, and added in BlazBlue Continuum Shift LE (it was basically 11 pounds for an LE after the code so why not?).

Came out 60 pounds after the code.

The code is "FIVEOFFZAVVI" BTW, if anyone wants to use.

[quote name='Vinny']I just found a code for 5 pounds off an order over 50 pounds so I ordered Parasite Eve 3, Tactics Ogre, and added in BlazBlue Continuum Shift LE (it was basically 11 pounds for an LE after the code so why not?).

The code is "FIVEOFFZAVVI" BTW, if anyone wants to use.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Re-ordered Tactics Ogre, added 3rd Birthday, and Duodecim, got a 5.01 pound discount, for a total of 66.54 pounds.

[quote name='Vinny']I just found a code for 5 pounds off an order over 50 pounds so I ordered Parasite Eve 3, Tactics Ogre, and added in BlazBlue Continuum Shift LE (it was basically 11 pounds for an LE after the code so why not?).

The code is "FIVEOFFZAVVI" BTW, if anyone wants to use.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the code Vinny! Re-Re-ordered 3rd Birthday and Tactics Ogre and added Duodecim which I had been on the fence about. Three import LEs for $35 each shipped (at current exchange rates), not bad at all.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Does anyone know for Duodecim and 3rd birthday if the bonus costumes will be region-locked?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you'll need to create an EU PSN ID and redeem the codes under that account. I'm fairly sure that in the past with some games you could download PAL DLC onto an NTSC console as long as you also had the PAL version of the game, but I have no experience with this stuff so we may not know until importers start getting their copies.

I decided not to cancel and re-order my games in spite of the discount. TBH I'm too paranoid of Zavvi flagging my account for all of this re-ordering and canceling (since I already had to do it once when the prices dropped from 35 to 23 Pounds), but if none of you have problems over the next few days I may just go ahead and do it. I just wish their site design would get out of the 90s and actually auto-adjust totals when price changes happen :cold:

bread's done
Back