EU/UK CE&Exclusives Thread - DI:Riptide Zombie Bait, DW7:Empires, MGS Rising CE Added

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
*This thread was originally for the S/E PSP LE's but due to a good amount of CAGs asking this to be an EU/UK LE thread I have decided to change it to that. We will try and post the cheapest price for these among all the UK sites that ship to the US. :D

*This thread has been transformed now to a thread for both CE's as well as games that are exclusive over in the UK/EU. :)

FAQ
[customspoiler=FAQs]

PS3 games are region free. Sometimes Xbox 360 games are but that varies from case to case. Regardless I will list the 360 version as well in case people would rather have a 360 copy to display. PSP games are region free as well.

Some Info:
  • All the retailers listed ship to the US. GAME & Gamestation must have changed policy because they used to not ship overseas.
  • Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card.
  • I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items.
  • Keep in mind the exchange rate fluctuates so prices will skew up and down.
  • If I miss anything feel free to post in the thread and I will add it to the OP.
  • Zavvi now offers free shipping on items to the US.
[/customspoiler]

UK Retailers (That ship overseas):
*Beware the dreaded Mailer! ;)
[customspoiler=Devil Mailer]
2v35839.png
[/customspoiler]

The Hut - Zavvi's Sister Site
Zavvi - Free Shipping!
game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - These are the same now
hmv.com - Currently down due to administrative issues. Cannot order.
shopto.net - A lot of my friends order from here in the UK. Apparently they ship really quickly too.
amazon.co.uk - At least last I read, they seem to ship PS3 games but not 360. Unless they changed that. I can't seem to find anything regarding it by clicking their help.
play.com - They ship internationally and seem to get a good share of exclusives

EU Places That Ship Overseas:
amazon.fr
amazon.de

Current Promo Codes (mostly Zavvi & The Hut):

None

Updates

Older Items here(I am going to edit this depending on availability):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8109644&postcount=5

Fist of The North Star Ken's Rage 2 CE (Exclusive To France & Italy)

Release Date: 2/8/13
Contents

• Visual Storybook
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Character Stickers
  • USB of Kenshiro (4GB)
  • Postcard Calendar
[customspoiler=Contents]
north_star_ce_thumb.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:/:360:
amazon.fr - €99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance CE (Zavvi Exclusive)
Release Date: 2/22/13
Contents:

• Only 25,000 Made
  • Raiden Play-Arts Kai Figure
  • Steelbook
  • DLC Code for White Armor Skin, Cyborg Skin
[customspoiler=Contents]
MGR_Limited_UK_Cover_02.jpg
MGR_Limited_UK_WhiteRaiden_05.jpg

[/customspoiler]
zavvi - £99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Steelbook (GAME Exclusive)
Contents

• Exclusive Steelbook by Yoji Shinkawa
[customspoiler=Steelbook]
MGR-PS3-Steelbook-SHINKAWA-01-556x431.jpg
[/customspoiler]
amazon.de - €14.99

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

*Going to be digital release in the US. This is for those that want a physical copy. No disc in US is likely due to no English voice.
[customspoiler=Box Art]
DW7E_EU_Cover.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:
play.com - £39.99
shoto.net - £29.86
thehut - £34.95
zavvi - £34.95
game.co.uk - £39.99
amazon.uk - £39.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us CE

Release Date: 4/5/13
Contents:

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Wonder Woman/Batman Figure (Way better than the US Version)
  • 2 Brand New Issues of DC Comics
  • DLC (Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52)
[customspoiler=Contents]
collectors_edition.jpg

[/customspoiler]
Nowhere to be found in the UK. Found it on amazon.fr and amazon.de
amazon.fr 360 PS3- €99.90
amazon.de - €94.99

Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition

Release Date: TBD
Contents:

• Steelbook
  • Collector's Artwork
  • 12 inch Bikini Clad Torso Figure
  • Weapon DLC
[customspoiler=Contents]
dead-island-riptide-zombie-bait-edition-is-gross-and-alarming.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:360: This appears to be 360 only ATM
game.co.uk - £89.99
zavvi - £84.95
thehut - £84.95

Dead Island: Riptide (GAME Exclusive Edition)
*Only listing this because so far there is no mention of one in the US, if there is I will remove this.
Release Date: TBD

Contents:

• Exclusive Cover :roll:
  • DLC I am guessing like the SE for the 1st?
[customspoiler=Cover Art]
253532_xbx_b.png

[/customspoiler]
:360:/:ps3:/:pc:
game.com - £39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Could always keep the amazon pre-order, get the cards, then return it without them. Let your own ethics dictate that one I suppose.

I am impressed. 3rd Birthday didn't even get an LE in Japan. I may double dip for that artbook, though I don't need the game. Maybe I'll get it from there and sell it...

Anyone get their paypal order to go through?

I keep getting an error: "Sorry, we were unable to authorise your PayPal payment. Please choose a different payment option or try again later."

It never even let me try to login to my paypal account.

Ordered Tactics Ogre. I've never played it, but Final Fantasy Tactics is in my top 3 favorite games of all time, and I've heard nothing but positive things about this game. Really looking forward to this!

Edit: Thanks OP!

Thanks OP! Add me to the list of folks who would love to see you continue to update us on UK LEs. I'm in for Tactics and Arcana for sure right off the bat.

I love the UK special editions, so many of the US ones are really underwhelming (or non-existent). I just found a UK special edition of Heavy Rain at a relatively decent price finally.

Thanks again OP, didn't know about this site before this.

EDIT: Hmm... seems like they are having problems processing PayPal payments (at least they are for me right now).

Last edited by a moderator:
im tempted to get the Lord of Arcana and maybe the Dissidia as it looks pretty sweet.

Another reason to upgrade my PSP.

Pre-ordered 3rd Birthday: Twisted Edition and Tactics Orge Premium Edition. Will hold off to see about Dissida and Lords of Arcana.

[quote name='Zaku77']Could always keep the amazon pre-order, get the cards, then return it without them. Let your own ethics dictate that one I suppose.[/QUOTE]

does that even work? I would think they would want everything back.

and does anyone think these will be worth collecting? With they be worth more later on considering its a psp game on a dead format??

Im curious to know how this UK website works. Do I have to create an account with a UK address?? Or can i use my US address? And do they take all major credit cards? And lastly do they bill u immediately or like amazon, once the game ships??

Thanks, as im really interested in these LE editions.

^^all your Q's are pretty much addressed in the OP:
Some notes about Zavvi:
  • They do ship overseas.
  • They are pretty prompt at shipping overseas. 2.49 GBP per item shipping cost
  • They do not charge you if you pre-order the item right away. They charge when it ships like Amazon.com does
  • I have ordered 2 things from them and both have arrived in good condition and the packaging was fine.

[quote name='sirplue']^^all your Q's are pretty much addressed in the OP:[/QUOTE]

Thank You for quoting the OP.

And I will also edit it to reflect payment methods that they take. :)

Well, they're starting to come because I was charged for (I'm assuming) Lord of Arcana! Can't wait to see what this badboy looks like in person!

[quote name='sleepy180']does that even work? I would think they would want everything back.

and does anyone think these will be worth collecting? With they be worth more later on considering its a psp game on a dead format??[/QUOTE]

You could also ebay the Tactics Ogre game. I want the cards, but ordered the LE edition from the zaavi too. I'll throw the game on ebay or sell it to a CAG at cost, if anybody is interested (shipping will be standard USPS rate)

[quote name='punkmaggit']Well, they're starting to come because I was charged for (I'm assuming) Lord of Arcana! Can't wait to see what this badboy looks like in person![/QUOTE]

Please post pics when you get it. I didn't order Arcana, hoping for a price drop. :D

Also updated the OP with the picture of the Twisted Edition of 3rd B-Day. Thanks to Sleepy180!

The US Street Date was announced officially today for it. March 29th. So I would assume the UK release will be close to there abouts. Once there is a solid one I will update.

After thinking about it for a couple days, I broke down and pre-ordered Tatics Ogre and The 3rd Birthday. Was going to wait until I could get both cheap, but those LEs are too pretty to pass up.

[quote name='Ionotropic']No soundtrack for 3rd birthday? What are those cards, some kind of lithographs?[/QUOTE]
I'm curious about this, too. The OP says there is a soundtrack but the pic doesn't show any soundtrack. It's a dealbreaker for me, so I'd really like to know what the 3rd birthday LE includes.

Didn't get LoA, but put in for the other three... seem like a pretty good deal at $40-ish each, and Zavvi was pretty on-the-ball the last time I shopped there.... hopefully my CC company won't put up another fraud alert for an international purchase and my order won't get delayed like last time.

[quote name='mxpowar']I'm curious about this, too. The OP says there is a soundtrack but the pic doesn't show any soundtrack. It's a dealbreaker for me, so I'd really like to know what the 3rd birthday LE includes.[/QUOTE]

Changing it right now. Yeah the LE doesn't have a soundtrack. The leak from a month or two ago said it would.

Those art books don't look very good :whistle2:#

I heard the original Dissidia's art book was lackluster as well if it's any sign of what Square is doing with these titles. I'm jealous of EU getting all the LEs, but I really have never seen a good one from Square yet. Not that these are very pricy.

[quote name='mxpowar']I'm curious about this, too. The OP says there is a soundtrack but the pic doesn't show any soundtrack. It's a dealbreaker for me, so I'd really like to know what the 3rd birthday LE includes.[/QUOTE]
I'm still gonna pick it up, but I admit I'm a little disappointed about not having the soundtrack.

In for 3rd Birthday and Tactics Orge... I was gonna get both but why not pay pretty much the same and get the LE. At those prices I couldn't really say no.

Thanks OP! I'll have to keep an eye on this site as I wish I would have been aware of it for FFXIII's CE :p

I'll just keep my Amazon preorder for Tactics Ogre as I'd rather not wait two more weeks. I'll probably get The 3rd Birthday here though.

[quote name='Dwarfman']In for 3rd Birthday and Tactics Orge... I was gonna get both but why not pay pretty much the same and get the LE. At those prices I couldn't really say no.

Thanks OP! I'll have to keep an eye on this site as I wish I would have been aware of it for FFXIII's CE :p[/QUOTE]

I really like the FFXIII CE too :D

picture.php

picture.php

Also I was looking over Zavvi last night and noticed the KH:BBS LE from back in September is sold out. So if anyone wants one you probably will have to go the ebay route.

KingdomHeartsBBBSE.JPG

ordered tactics ogre and 3rd bday. costs about the same if I were to get it at gs but it comes with goodies. only drawback is that i'll have to wait longer to play.=(

For some reason when I select paypal as a payment method, it will automatically go to "unable to process" after I hit "confirm." >.

[quote name='quatrevav35']For some reason when I select paypal as a payment method, it will automatically go to "unable to process" after I hit "confirm." >.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Also I was looking over Zavvi last night and noticed the KH:BBS LE from back in September is sold out. So if anyone wants one you probably will have to go the ebay route.
[/QUOTE]

Ugh. I really want that now.

Preordered Tactics Ogre last night. Not sure I'm going to bother with Arcana, and there's still plenty of time for the other two.

I broke down and got Tactics Ogre as well. I don't have any of the series, but this seems like a good place to start. lol

The Birth By Sleep is pretty nice. The art-book is awesome!

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Same here. :/ I had to use a cc.[/QUOTE]

It's nice that Zavvi ships internationally but their site really isn't properly designed to handle international transactions. There are snags that can happen on that site even when you pay with credit card, so I imagine that the issue's on their end and they've just never bothered to fix things.

It sucks, but at least there's more than one way to pay there. I just hope the transactions go off without a hitch, I've bought things internationally via Paypal plenty of times but never with a credit card :cold:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Some notes about Zavvi:

3rd Birthday "Twisted Edition"
£23.85 (~$38.09 USD):
March 29th is the US Release Date. UK should be somewhere close to there. :)
[/QUOTE]

Except that doesn't seem to be the case.
Availability: Pre-order now for delivery on 17 June 2011

Ow. As cool as the extras are, I'm not sure if they're cool enough to wait 3 months for them and pay $10 over the Gamestop/Amazon price. (It's selling for $29.99 at both.)

[quote name='mblackwl']Except that doesn't seem to be the case.

Ow. As cool as the extras are, I'm not sure if they're cool enough to wait 3 months for them and pay $10 over the Gamestop/Amazon price. (It's selling for $29.99 at both.)[/QUOTE]

They haven't updated the date. Trust me it will come out around the time the US release does. That is always how it works. It was that way for FFXIII, KH: BBS, and it was about a week after for Lord of Arcana.

So trust me when I say I know what the date says on the page of the item. So be patient and it will update.

So I ended up cancelling my amazon pre-order of Tactics Ogre. Hopefully I can trade someone on CAG for those tarot cards, or just pick 'em up cheap on ebay.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']S/E hates the US for LE's. We missed out on FFXIII & KH: BBS already. And now these three. :cry:

Also the hut.com (which also does US shipping has the same price). I listed zavvi because they have always been prompt and their shipping charges overseas are not bad.

All of these are cheaper than at amazon.co.uk also, which has them at 29.99 GBP.

I have all three on pre-order already too :D[/QUOTE]

Amazon.co.uk is normally better because they don't charge VAT to Americans. The point is moot however because they don't ship videogames to the US, which can be annoying.

bread's done
Back