Extra Life Game for Charity Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='frostybroc']Good Morning People, hope everyone is finding donors for their pages.[/QUOTE]

No..but not for lack of trying

[quote name='Hell Monkey']No..but not for lack of trying[/QUOTE]

Don't fret - It's hard to get people involved this early. For some reason, the closer we come to the date, the easier it is to get donations.

True, but hey look at the bright side. You guys are all in the drawing for a free game, I'm going to try and get more stuff to add to the raffle for those that are on the team.

[quote name='frostybroc']Good Morning Team, hope everyone is doing well. Anything good happening? New games, New achievements?[/QUOTE]

On the last level of Catherine, otherwise nothing to report.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']On the last level of Catherine, otherwise nothing to report.[/QUOTE]

Just started playing Two Worlds 2. Focusing on Multiplayer atm the moment. Not a bad game, granted could have been done better, but still not bad.

I may very well do this, but I don't know if many of my friends/family will sponsor me to play video games for 24 hours. Even if it IS for a good cause

Don't worry you also try other aspects by going door to door, or talk to a local game store for sponsorship if you wear or brag about their store.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']No..but not for lack of trying[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DrMunkee']Don't fret - It's hard to get people involved this early. For some reason, the closer we come to the date, the easier it is to get donations.[/QUOTE]

^ If I remember correctly, this didn't even start to get momentum until the middle of September last year.

I'm all for doing something like this. Problem is, Saturdays are going to be a pain for me starting later this month.

Is everyone exclusively doing this on Saturday? I ask because I was thinking of chipping away some hours during the week of the event and capping it off with a grand hurrah the Sunday after.

[quote name='Regian']I'm all for doing something like this. Problem is, Saturdays are going to be a pain for me starting later this month.

Is everyone exclusively doing this on Saturday? I ask because I was thinking of chipping away some hours during the week of the event and capping it off with a grand hurrah the Sunday after.[/QUOTE]

You do not have to go 24 hours straight, just dedicate 24 hours toward the cause. I basically will be doing what you said with my 'grand hurrah' being that Saturday (hopefully). The main point of this is that you are going to use your own personal time to help promote a wonderful cause. That is what matters.

Hows everyone doing? Just finished my 2nd raffle. Don't know what to put up for the next one. This one will the last for a while. Also I remember last year someone was able to get game developers to donate for the cause anyone remember who had the skills to do that? Maybe get something going on again this year to garner more participation?

[quote name='frostybroc']Hows everyone doing? Just finished my 2nd raffle. Don't know what to put up for the next one. This one will the last for a while. Also I remember last year someone was able to get game developers to donate for the cause anyone remember who had the skills to do that? Maybe get something going on again this year to garner more participation?[/QUOTE]

Yeah he contacted me. We might have the same thing happen this year. First things first though - My roommate and I slacked off finding an apartment for the upcoming year until now, so I should probably solve that situation first so I'm not gaming behind a Starbucks. :)

Anyone else grabbing MW3? I wasn't at first because the server issues, but after seeing the "horde/wave" mode, my mind kind of changed. Might have to go with the Best Buy Rewards Program promo going on.

Yeah I'll be grabbing MW3. I tend to pick up whatever multiplayer my friends/acquaintances do. I can never EVER go back to random games with completely random people. Oh the horror....

That being said, I am still somewhat looking forward to MW3. Haters gonna hate - I enjoy the reflex - not - strategy focus gameplay that has been the staple of the COD games.

My fundraising will have to start at the beginning of September. I tend to take my vacations at the end of summer, when all the grade schools are back in. Less crowd, less people blocking my view on the beach and screaming while I read, and less kids running around the pool while I work my magic on the cute girl in the other condo.

Ahhhh. Being young and dumb is fun.

Thats so true. As for fundraising its going to be on and off. Contemplating on raffling another or just wait for the last one (game of choice). Wish BF3 was out by then, be nice to just go crazy on that, but at least I'll have Gears3 and BFBC2 still.

I'm still not doing great for fund raising. Hoping will pick up in September. Going to try to organize something at work. (Maybe a change jar and Ill deposit all the proceeds at the end)

Thats not a bad idea, you try asking your local game shops for maybe a sponsor? Then you can sport their brand during the event or out and about for a week or so?

Shot an email out to Play N Trade to see if we could get some donations or a sponsor. Heck hopefully some donated items be pretty nice.

I'm in and happy to team up for some group activity.
Frosty I can't thank you enough for posting this. I had no idea. I've been involved with a children's charity that went under this year. (Political infighting...I'm proud to say I was not involved) Now I can feel good for the next few months before I turn my attentions to some sort of ThanksGiving Drive.

Dopes anybody know a promo code for ordering the street team t shirt?

Thanks for signing up. Its for the kids, I'm just thankful my children don't need the charity's services or the hospitals (knocks on wood).

I signed up as a lone wolf. Hopefully this year goes better than last; all I got was $10! I have a new staff so hopefully they'll be much more willing to donate to the cause, huzzah!

[quote name='frostybroc']Good Morning Everyone. Just picked up Fable 3. Anyone have any ideas of what they're going to play on the day?[/QUOTE]

No but I will get on Fable 3 for a bit if you promise to marry me and have a cross platform baby with me. You also have to keep the kid. :bouncy:

[quote name='Hell Monkey']No but I will get on Fable 3 for a bit if you promise to marry me and have a cross platform baby with me. You also have to keep the kid. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

LOL alright, I made a female character.

Looks like Extra Life got mentioned on the CAGcast. I don't think they knew this thread existed haha.

OH AND HEY

FREDDO SANGUE AND WALTER MALINOWSKI

What are your usernames? There is one on the wiki without a link and I'm sure it is one of you. And the other, who are you? I will gladly throw your link in the original post. I just need to know who you are. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished my last donation raffle. Hows everyone's fundraising coming along? Any one know how we can get the dev teams to donate merchandise again?

[quote name='Sunfire14']Hows everyone doing? A little more than 3 weeks out.[/QUOTE]

Not that great. The bad part is is that school, as well as having my first apartment, has been kicking my ass and taking up my time, whereas last year I was incredibly ill and had to stay at home all the time.

I'm working on getting some raffles going though. It's a possibility, but no guarantees we will have one like last year.

How is everyone doing on their fundraising?

Adding to the team raffle I will add:

Grand Prize: Free Current Game of Choice (Non CE/LE)
Runner up Prizes:
Assassin Creed Revelations Glass
Fable: The Balverine Order Paperback.

More to come....

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls. I have great news! Good man "bluedotlounge" said he will be able to contribute to the raffle this year.

"AND YES, there will be giveaways. And tell racing fans to note: The first 5 donors over $10 will get a Forza 4 demo code today before the demo is available on XBLA on Monday."

-bluedotlounge

Stay tuned! Keep up the good work everyone!

That's awesome, what bluedotlounge accomplished last year was amazing. I'm trying my hand at a small raffle as well. My hope is that it will atleast make more people aware of this thread and get more people involved.

Sorry about the wait. K, I'm in. SO, I have 5 Forza 4 demo codes to the first 5 donors who donate $10 or more to Extra Life. Much more prizes to come.

CocaineExtraLifeV1.png

Hey guys! I know we are all trying to raise money for a fantastic cause. I just wanted to post a link and special offer to those who donate to my page for Team GameEnthus

If you're an energy drink fanatic, then Cocaine Energy is perfect for you!
It's one of my highest recommended drinks from my webshow at BevNerd.com!

The folks at Redux Beverages (makers of Cocaine) are supporting my fundraising efforts for this year's Extra Life event!

All you have to do is donate ANY amount of money to my Extra Life donation page and you will receive an online coupon code for 15% off & free UPS ground shipping for your order from www.drinkcocaine.com

The coupon codes will all be sent out at the same time after the event on October 15th. Thanks in advance!

[quote name='PepsiDriver']
CocaineExtraLifeV1.png

Hey guys! I know we are all trying to raise money for a fantastic cause. I just wanted to post a link and special offer to those who donate to my page for Team GameEnthus

If you're an energy drink fanatic, then Cocaine Energy is perfect for you!
It's one of my highest recommended drinks from my webshow at BevNerd.com!

The folks at Redux Beverages (makers of Cocaine) are supporting my fundraising efforts for this year's Extra Life event!

All you have to do is donate ANY amount of money to my Extra Life donation page and you will receive an online coupon code for 15% off & free UPS ground shipping for your order from www.drinkcocaine.com

The coupon codes will all be sent out at the same time after the event on October 15th. Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Question for the drink expert:

I LOVE using Red Bull as a mixer with vodka and whatnots. Is this something that is worth mixing with alcohol?

[quote name='DrMunkee']Question for the drink expert:

I LOVE using Red Bull as a mixer with vodka and whatnots. Is this something that is worth mixing with alcohol?[/QUOTE]

Well DrMunkee, I'm not the most experienced bartender (zero xp) but I can tell you what Cocaine tastes like and maybe you can think of what to pair it with.

Cocaine comes in 2 flavors, spicy and mild.

Spicy:hot:: Has a hot, spicy flavor and is still very sweet. It's got a nice cherry taste with no twang that you'd get from Red Bull. The hotness isn't quite cinnamon or hot sauce. It's just got a slight "burning" factor when you swallow or smell the drink. It's my favorite because it tastes great and the hotness "wakes your senses".

I almost think of the hotness comes like Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale, which has that same burning sensation that I love.

Mild:cold:: Also like cherry without an aftertaste or heat in the taste. It's good and "easier" to drink.

I know that doesn't help, but I've sent an e-mail out to my account representative from Cocaine if she had any tips I could pass along to you.

[quote name='PepsiDriver']Well DrMunkee, I'm not the most experienced bartender (zero xp) but I can tell you what Cocaine tastes like and maybe you can think of what to pair it with.

Cocaine comes in 2 flavors, spicy and mild.

Spicy:hot:: Has a hot, spicy flavor and is still very sweet. It's got a nice cherry taste with no twang that you'd get from Red Bull. The hotness isn't quite cinnamon or hot sauce. It's just got a slight "burning" factor when you swallow or smell the drink. It's my favorite because it tastes great and the hotness "wakes your senses".

I almost think of the hotness comes like Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale, which has that same burning sensation that I love.

Mild:cold:: Also like cherry without an aftertaste or heat in the taste. It's good and "easier" to drink.

I know that doesn't help, but I've sent an e-mail out to my account representative from Cocaine if she had any tips I could pass along to you.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate it sir! Thanks! It is probably worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back