Extra Life Game for Charity Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrMunkee: Astro Gaming headsets just got on board with the following giveaways:

- 3x Black A*STARs
- 1x Scout Bag
- 1x A30 Black Headset

and NIS America is sending something (dunno the exact items just yet)

D3 Publisher also chimed:
4x BEN 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction (360)
4x Nat Geo Challenge! Wild Life (Wii)
4x Gods Eater Burst (PSP)
4x Puzzle Quest 2 (DS)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bluedotlounge']DrMunkee: Astro Gaming headsets just got on board with the following giveaways:

- 3x Black A*STARs
- 1x Scout Bag
- 1x A30 Black Headset

and NIS America is sending something (dunno the exact items just yet)

D3 Publisher also chimed:
4x BEN 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction (360)
4x Nat Geo Challenge! Wild Life (Wii)
4x Gods Eater Burst (PSP)
4x Puzzle Quest 2 (DS)[/QUOTE]

Awesome! What rules you thinking about putting out this year? Wanted to make sure we are on the same page, since I know you run this raffle with your articles as well. You are Miguel, correct?

AND FOR EVERYONE - I edited the original post again. Feel free to change anything. I just tried to clean it up and point out what people want to look at.

Good work everyone! Only a couple of more weeks. I'll start a section where we can get everyones XBLA and PSN ( and Wii code, if necessary) so we can hook up if we get bored.

[quote name='DrMunkee']Awesome! What rules you thinking about putting out this year? Wanted to make sure we are on the same page, since I know you run this raffle with your articles as well. You are Miguel, correct?

AND FOR EVERYONE - I edited the original post again. Feel free to change anything. I just tried to clean it up and point out what people want to look at.

Good work everyone! Only a couple of more weeks. I'll start a section where we can get everyones XBLA and PSN ( and Wii code, if necessary) so we can hook up if we get bored.[/QUOTE]

My gut idea is similar to last year's:

My Donors: Every $2 you donate = 1 raffle entry
CAG Team Members: Every $10 you raise = 1 raffle entry

AND THIS TIME, I will make sure that if there are more items than donors & CAG team members, every donor and team member will at least get one prize each.

EDIT:

I saw my PR buddy from 2K today to look at The Darkness II and she said the office sent over a mystery box; we'll see!
Ignition Entertainment is also on board, starting off with 5 codes for Mercury Hg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first year I'm not part of Team CAG :'( but I felt it more important to try and get more people into this on Giantbomb as no one seems to talk about. I just got a box today from Valve full of some really sweet stuff. Good luck to all of you and lets raise as much money as possible!

I'm not a member of Team CAG, but I am participating in Extra Life 2011. I'm raising funds for St. Louis Children's Hospital and my donate link is here: www.extra-life.org/participant/commandercody83

I'm also giving away an awesome box of swag for anyone who donates at least $25!

I'm going to playing on Xbox Live gt: commandercody83

Ok, got home and opened the 2K box. They sent the following sealed games for Extra Life:

Bioshock/Oblivion Combo - Xbox 360
Bioshock 2 - PS3
Bioshock 2 - PC
Borderlands - PS3
2x Borderlands GOTY Edition - PC
Borderlands - Xbox 360
Borderlands Double Game Add-On Pack - Xbox 360
Civilization Revolution - PS3
Civilization Revolution - Xbox 360
2x Civ V Notebook
2x Duke Nukem Forever t-shirt
Mafia II Steelbook Edition - PS3
Mafia II Greatest Hits Edition - PS3
2x Pirates! - Wii

Team CAG - you are doing a really good job with the fundraising and the swag. While I am on Team GameEnthus this year, looking forward to playing with all of you and just randomly babbling during Halo at 5am in the morning (will be so tired).

Also glad to see the other teams being mentioned and all of us working together.

Little more then a week until the event, LETS DO THIS!

Hey, thanks to those who have already donated to my page. I will formally list the current prizes tomorrow, so I'd like to think there's something in that mix of stuff for you.

GO TEAM CAG!!!
I give you all, including those outside of TEAM CAG, props for dedicating all the time you have spent to prepare for this and then to perform on "Game Day"!!

And a BIG THUMBS UP to all who have donated and spread the word about this great fundraising effort, because you are not only helping the children, you are also helping their families!!

Hey DrMunkee, here's an updated list for this thread's front page (includes ANOTHER shipment of games from 2K):

2K Games:
Bioshock - PC
Bioshock - PC
Bioshock 2 - PS3
Bioshock 2 - PS3
Bioshock 2 - PS3
Bioshock 2 - PC
Bioshock 2 - PC
Borderlands - PS3
Borderlands - PS3
Borderlands GOTY Edition- PS3
Borderlands GOTY Edition - PC
Borderlands - Xbox 360
Borderlands - Xbox 360
Borderlands - Xbox 360
Borderlands - Xbox 360
Civilization Revolution - PS3
Civilization Revolution - Xbox 360
Civ V Notebook
Civ V Notebook
Civ V Notebook
Duke Nukem Forever - PS3
Duke Nukem Forever - Xbox 360
Duke Nukem Forever t-shirt
Duke Nukem Forever t-shirt
Duke Nukem Forever t-shirt (M)
Mafia II - PS3
Mafia II - PS3
Mafia II - PC
Mafic II - PC
Mafia II Steelbook Edition - PS3
Mafia II Greatest Hits Edition - PS3
Pirates! - Wii
Pirates! - Wii
Pirates! - Wii

Astro Video Gaming Equipment:
A30 Headset (Black)
A*STAR In-Ear Headset (Black)
Scout Backpack

D3 Publisher:
BEN 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction - Xbox 360
Earth Defense Force 2017 - Xbox 360 Games on Demand code
Nat Geo Challenge! Wild Life - Wii
Gods Eater Burst - PSP
Gods Eater Burst - PSP
Gods Eater Burst - PSP
Gods Eater Burst - PSP
Puzzle Quest 2 - DS
Puzzle Quest 2 - DS
Puzzle Quest 2 - DS
Puzzle Quest 2 - DS

NIS America:
Arakawa Under The Bridge Premium Edition - DVD/Blu-ray hybrid
Disgaea: Etna Rock Strap
Disgaea: Fionne Rock Strap
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Premium Edition - PS3
Prinny plushie
NIS Silly Bandz
NIS Silly Bandz
NIS Silly Bandz
NIS Silly Bandz
NIS Silly Bandz

I'll be doing a live episode of my podcast, BevNerd Video Podcast on Saturday night at 8pm CST (12 hours into the marathon!)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bevnerd-live

I will be talking video games, reviewing this year's Mountain Dew Game Fuel MW3 flavors, have multiple guests including:
Pamela from Cocaine Energy Drinks
JBear (BevNerd 21+ fame)
MannaSea (My wife)
Coleman Vaughan-Turner (Musician who performs the BevNerd theme song, Mr. Coleman)

I'll be giving out some Cocaine Energy Shots & other trinkets to those in the Ustream chat room and I hope this doesn't explode and we have lotsa fun!

Sooooooo....I'm actually picking up my Rocksmith guitar bundle from Ubisoft HQ tomorrow. If my Uncharted 3 or Arkham City review copies don't arrive by Friday, then I will throw out the personal challenge of *attempting* to play Rocksmith for 24 hours PROVIDED that our team makes it to $5000 before Saturday.

Rocksmith: In hand - So yeah, if our team gets to $5000 before the end of Fri, I'll agree to play Rocksmith during the marathon for as long as my fingers last.

15b1723b84cc4455891068c099719f29_7.jpg

Wanted to pop in since I'm not on CAG as much. I'm pushing Extra Life hard. I'm up to almost $200 total. (though $150 is from three donations).

Have a donation jar going at work which isn't in yet but only has $20 to date. (less than $1 per person, cheap bastards).

I'll be on Twitter and can be followed at HellM0nkey. Will be posting what I'm playing and where (what system) so anyone can join up. Feel free to follow and I'll return it so we can cross promote.

I want to make a donation, but I guess there is no way to make a general team donation, right?

I'd prefer not to donate it to myself. Any ideas?

question on how this works. im off work all day saturday and sunday. like if im currently hardcore on darksouls would i just play darksouls for 24 hours or something and find some friends to donate??? im new to this but would love to help out.

I caught this late in the game but I think it is a great thing. I signed up for Team CAG. I am playing for East TN Children's Hospital. Will see if I can drum up some sponsers before the event, wish I would have caught this sooner, will be on the lookout early next year.

~Joe Bolgiano (Smoke7)

i just signed up not sure if i post this here but add me to team cag. my psn id is gauu.
im assuming that it would be fine for me to play anything??? i was going to play darksouls all day and then when gf gets rdy to go to bed ill switch to my other tv and play some snes and n64 games. not even sure if thats how this works but i know i dont have any live feed stuff at all. either way add me to team cag

[quote name='bluedotlounge']The KoeiTecmo and Natsume offices are two highway exits away from my office. Might stop by today for more prize pick ups.[/QUOTE]

I just donated today on your page, thanks for all the prizes. Would love to be lucky enough to win that Forza 4 Press Edition. Good luck with the marathon, especially if you'll be playing RockSmith for an extended period of time. :p

Hope you have fun while gaming for 24-hours! For some of us, that's impossible to do with family to take care off.

Question:
If you win, do you choose what you get?

[quote name='CheapyD']I want to make a donation, but I guess there is no way to make a general team donation, right?

I'd prefer not to donate it to myself. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Donate to me! :p

Honestly, the money is going to the same place no matter who you donate to, and after all that is whats important.

Well I added my name to the front page, but now it is gone, don't know what happened with that, deleted by accident maybe?

[quote name='Smoke7']Well I added my name to the front page, but now it is gone, don't know what happened with that, deleted by accident maybe?[/QUOTE]

Possible. It is a wiki!

Sadly, it breaks my heart that I can't give this year (lost my job), but I will have a spare 400 MSP code I can donate for a prize... Any way I can donate this to an existing team's prize pool?

I updated the XBLA / PSN list. You can add your name if you want. I added a few who were easy to find. If you want your name up there, please edit the wiki or ask some else to.

So, for all that are participating, what are you planning on playing for your 24 hours?

I'm thinking of doing a marathon of NHL 12. I'd have to be able to at least get through a season in that time...

[quote name='Sycowulf']So, for all that are participating, what are you planning on playing for your 24 hours?

I'm thinking of doing a marathon of NHL 12. I'd have to be able to at least get through a season in that time...[/QUOTE]

If the team gets to $5,000, I'll be playing Rocksmith for as long as I can. If not, I have the review copy of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One plus Dungeon Defenders. If the Arkham City or Uncharted 3 review copies arrive early, then well......

Seems I will be spreading my playtime out over the next few days as I have to work on Saturday now. I see a steady rotation of Gears 3 and replaying through Uncharted 1 and 2 to get ready for 3. Although I do plan on sneaking in some OoT at work when I can.

I'd like to do a Sonic the Hedgehog marathon from original up to Adventure, or possibly a Rockstar marathon so I can finally beat GTA IV/Red Dead haha

Well, shit. That was a nice overnight boost by Team CAG. Thanks everyone! Now I'm pretty sure I will break my fingers on Rocksmith as we're on the edge of $5,000.

I have tried adding my name to the team list several times now, but it either never shows up or gets deleted on the next edit. So I give up, if anyone else wants to add me on, please do so. Kind of annoying:???:

~Smoke7

Ugh! I'm a little over half way to my goal! My friends were pretty stingy, but I have one last friend whose parents think this is a great idea. I'm hoping they donate today before the cut off!

...actually, does anyone know if today or tomorrow is the cut off?

[quote name='kburns10']Ugh! I'm a little over half way to my goal! My friends were pretty stingy, but I have one last friend whose parents think this is a great idea. I'm hoping they donate today before the cut off!

...actually, does anyone know if today or tomorrow is the cut off?[/QUOTE]

Last year you were still able to receive donations well after the actual event. I believe it was mid/late November when it was cut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back