Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

[quote name='Whizbang']Paid $35 new for it and Amazon will buy it back for $27.50 w/ free shipping. It's on its way to the UPS store. I just don't see much replay in it. Even if I did the opposite of everything I did before.

My in-game wife gave me STDs twice....then she gave birth to a little black kid...WTF? Neither of us were black yet she pops out a little black kid? I threw her ass out the castle.[/QUOTE]

Hahah that's the ultimate sign she's cheating on you. haha great humor Lionhead has. :D

I still need (weapons):

Tanner's Glory
Jack's Hammer
Dragon Stomper .48
The Ice Maiden
The Shrieking Pilgrim

For trade, I have:

Swinging Sword
Chickenbane
Hammer of Wilmaggedon
Really Sharp Pair of Scissors
Arkwright's Flintlock
Simmon's Shotgun
The Equaliser
The Tenderiser
Beadle's Cutlass
(and probably a few more)

I also have queen/king/chef's hat for trade, as well!

Hoping someone can help me' out with the last few I need! Thanks!! :)

GT: Shanlynn82

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew! Finally finished my 1000 for this game. Great achievements all around although there were maybe a bit too many collect-a-thon ones. I wish I had a full set of weapons to offer someone but mine was just on loan.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Whew! Finally finished my 1000 for this game. Great achievements all around although there were maybe a bit too many collect-a-thon ones. I wish I had a full set of weapons to offer someone but mine was just on loan.[/QUOTE]

That's how I got my weapon achievement, too. Or I would've helped some fellow CAG's out.

Ok...so I've married pretty much every cook in the castle, just friends wasn't cutting it...this is not easy to get that chef hat! How long did it take to get the hat for some?

[quote name='super_dawn']Ok...so I've married pretty much every cook in the castle, just friends wasn't cutting it...this is not easy to get that chef hat! How long did it take to get the hat for some?[/QUOTE]

Hours of traveling to and from the castle. Every time you leave theirs a chance (and a good one) that they will have a new gift for you when you return.

I'll be honest. I don't think I care if I keep a copy anymore. Do you just want mine?

[quote name='super_dawn']Ok...so I've married pretty much every cook in the castle, just friends wasn't cutting it...this is not easy to get that chef hat! How long did it take to get the hat for some?[/QUOTE]

Lots of random gifts before I got the hat.

After you marry them, set the 'upkeep' to 1000$. With them nearby, sleep until morning. You get a gift every 2 days, so just harvest several gifts and then see if you have it.

I was taking ages trying to get this myself until I found this 'trick' and subsequently got 3 in about 10-20 mins (from one chef).

If you're still having trouble, PM me' and you can have one of mine. :)

Thanks guys for the tips and offers!! I do have my upkeep to $1000 so that should help. Didn't think about just sleeping and waiting...I think I'll try that! One of my chefs must love to party because all he gives me is kegs! lol ...if I'm still empty handed I might have to take u guys up on your offer.

another question...Henry achievement...so your six 'wives/husbands' are only ones that you've married while being king/queen, right? I married a villager before I became queen and then I also did two xbox live marriages before being queen....those do not count towards the six right?

[quote name='super_dawn']another question...Henry achievement...so your six 'wives/husbands' are only ones that you've married while being king/queen, right? I married a villager before I became queen and then I also did two xbox live marriages before being queen....those do not count towards the six right?[/QUOTE]
I do not believe that other players count...

Best write up for it (IMHO) on trueachivements.com (So all credit goes to littlejay2o02)

After you become ruler, you need to get married 6 times. You do not have to be married to all 6 people at the same time, and you do not have to kill either of them in any order.

So, you can kill your first two spouses and divorce the next 4 if you do not want them to hang around.

After the 6th marriage, or the 6th spouse is the 2nd one to die, you get the achievement.

NOTE: These 6 marriages have to be after you are ruler. If you get married before you are a ruler it will not count towards the achievement if you are missing spouses after you are ruler. So you must marry 6 times after you are ruler.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I do not believe that other players count...

Best write up for it (IMHO) on trueachivements.com (So all credit goes to littlejay2o02)[/QUOTE]

Nice! thank you. so I will probably get my chef's hat first and then kill off two of my chefs....then just keep getting married till the achievement pops.

Just an FYI, I went to a BestBuy down in LV, NV yesterday and found out they discounted their 360 Collector's Edition of this game down to $29.99. I'd check out your local stores if you get the chance.

[quote name='super_dawn']Nice! thank you. so I will probably get my chef's hat first and then kill off two of my chefs....then just keep getting married till the achievement pops.[/QUOTE]

Sounds diabolical enough to me. :lol:

I (like many others) am sitting with 980/1000 because of that awful weapons achievement. I have 36 of 50. If anyone has a full set of weapons they would give me, I would be happy to help other CAGs by passing them forward. Send me a PM if you're interested. In turn, after I get the achievement, I will pass them to the next player who requests them (and so on, with any luck). Any takers? (Or givers, I suppose)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Sounds diabolical enough to me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

haha yes it was! Although now everyone is always commenting on how I killed my husbands!!! lol ...gossip travels fast in this game! ..so yea that means I finally got my chef hat!! :)

...so I have 3 achievements left. I'm about 10 min away from getting that being in another person's world one...20 friends achievement... and of course the ridiculous we have guns one. I finally last night started writing down what I had and what I needed...omg...I'm doomed! lol

A couple of weeks ago Lionhead confirmed that they were planning future quest DLC with achievements... that's it though. No timeframe.

[quote name='timesplitt']yes or no, is that robot DLC worth it[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Overlord?

I don't think it was very good, but that was because of the lame ass hammerhead parts.

EDIT: Wow...this is not the Mass Effect thread...oops!

I finally started playing this after I picked it up on amazon in December. I was a huge fan of the first two. I am have a blast so far aside from the frame rate issues that I often come across.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Lots of stuff next week. Fable III DLC, Dead Space 2 DLC, Beyond Good and Evil, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yes nothing else matters next, week because I missed BG&E the first time, picked it up when it was on sale on Steam and will def pick up a re-done version with achievos!:D

How is this game compared to Fable 2? I liked Fable 2, but there were some things that killed it for me (mainly the laggy framerate), is that issue still present in the third?
Also, is the ending a complete disappointment, or is it actually good this time around?

In my opinion Fable II was better but you'll still have a fun experience. Combat is different, framerates are better, mostly, and you can really like or really hate the ending lol.

I'm having a really hard time convincing myself to like Fable 3. I played the hell out of the 2nd one, I guess I was just hoping for more but ended up with basically the same. Oh well, got it dirt cheap so it just feels like a really robust expansion pack instead of a whole new game.

[quote name='Spybreak8']def pick up a re-done version with achievos!:D[/QUOTE]
Ima skip the beyond good and evil Btrain

achieves :roll:, yea this makes purchasing something you already have worth it!!!!!!!
!!!
!!

god this gen is riding last gen"S" way to much

[quote name='retro.elite']I haven't played Fable 2; Fable 3 does have some framerate drops.[/QUOTE]
Well in 2, if you're very well liked and near a lot of people (or when you're fighting a lot of bandits at once), it drops to about 5-10 FPS at times.

I guess I'll wait for it to hit $20 like I did with the first and second Fable.

[quote name='timesplitt']Ima skip the beyond good and evil Btrain

achieves :roll:, yea this makes purchasing something you already have worth it!!!!!!!
!!!
!!

god this gen is riding last gen"S" way to much[/QUOTE]

I don't think you used enough exlamation points, yeah one more would have worked.

I don't have the game already, I do but it's not playable on my PC due to visual glitches, so I'm down getting it. The game was missed by oh I don't know everybody. If you already have the game, you're fine so I don't get what the deal is.

[quote name='Spybreak8']The game was missed by oh I don't know everybody. If you already have the game, you're fine so I don't get what the deal is.[/QUOTE]but if you want that sequel... Well, you might want to show Obisoft some love as I'm not sure they are convinced... Hence that 10 dollar price tag instead of the 'more favored' 15 dollar price tag.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Anyone got a list of achieves for new DLC?(can't search it out at work)[/QUOTE]

A Slow Day At The Office 20
Survive an assassination attempt.
Science And Industry 20
Defeat Professor Faraday.
Unnatural Laws 20
Defeat Witchcraft Mary.
Who Are You? 20
Defeat General Turner.
Keeping It Real 20
Decide the future of the Keep.
I, Robot. You, Idiot 20
Help Huxley end his Loneliness Mode.
Diary Of A Sad Man 30
Find all of Professor Faraday's diaries.
Lab Notes 30
Find all of Witchcraft Mary's diaries.
A Revolutionary Idea 30
Find all of General Turner's diaries.
Set Them Free! 40
Open all Demon Doors.

[quote name='guyver2077']been waiting for a review on the new dlc.. is it a yay or nay? lol[/QUOTE]

I personally haven't played it yet because of time, but my friend at work is about 2 hours into it and says he's really enjoying it. He mentioned how he was surprised right off the bat with enemies being harder. So that's pretty cool...I like a challenge.

I've been waiting for some feedback on the new DLC, too, and the reviews that are mostly 8/10 is enough for me to buy it. I've always wanted to buy Fable DLC, but Knothole Island and See the Future from Fable 2 sounded very disappointing, so I never got them, and the Understone quest pack got even worse reviews. This one seems to be a decent 4 hour expansion on the combat and the story, which is enough for me to pay the 560 Microsoft points.

it's one problem after another, 1st save got a game breaking glitch, 3rd save got all items, clothes, money, etc etc erased and gender changed? what did lionhead do to this game!

Has this game gotten any recent patches?

I rented this last early-December and I just couldn't get past the constant FPS drops. I mean, the game looks beautiful, but I'm apparently too sensitive to stuttering FPS rates to enjoy it...

And the price seems to be dropping pretty quickly, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

I loved the Traitor's Keep DLC. I got all the achievements and played the crap out of the island. There were a lot of cool things to find, and fighting was always fun and challenging. I was impressed with the story and cutscenes too, everything was very cool. It got me back into the main part of the Fable 3 game too, so I went back through and destroyed all the gnomes and did some other things. For $7, it's definitely worth it, and it took me a long time to find all the collectable items. I think it took me 8 hours or so, but I definitely played through it slowly and explored everything, and I also didn't actually keep track of time, so that's more of a guess than anything.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Ah I'lll wait for the inevitable Fable 3 DLC sale which will be like what they did with Fable 2 and Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

And que Fable 3 DLC1 sale. EH I'll wait, not a good time for me with DA2 and ME2, let alone my backlog.

Anyone around tonight or tommorrow night to help with the weapons achievement?. It is my last one.
Still Need:

Souldrinker
Sandgoose
Skorm's Justice
Simmons Shotgun
Marksman 500
Jack's Hammer
Tannar's Glory
Chickenbane
Bloodcraver

Have lots to trade including Avo's Lamentation, Tea Killer shooter, The TYPO, The Splade & Sorrow's Fist

[quote name='Spybreak8']Ah I'lll wait for the inevitable Fable 3 DLC sale which will be like what they did with Fable 2 and Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah so I'm grabbing Traitor's DLC, anyone think the Understone one is worth it now that it's 200 MPs?

^ I'd like to know the same..

I brought the Traitors DLC too because people said it was pretty good. Heard that Understone isn't that good although for 200 points it might be worth it? No achievements for it though right? - if you into that.

Understone is only good if you are a huge Fable fan and want to do everything there is to do. It's just another area with little to explore and a mediocre story at best. Worth 200 points.

Traiters Keep, though....that's awesome. Rich story and great new locale. Worth the full price.

Yeah I might have gotten Understone as well but I'm pretty much done with Fable 3 aside from Traitor's Keep DLC.

bread's done
Back