Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Fable III 'Understone Quest Pack' coming November 23

It doesn't seem like a lot of content honestly, even for $5. I guess we'll see exactly how substantial the Understone quest turns out to be.[/QUOTE]

Imma grab it regardless.

Anyway can we get an official Legendary Weapon Trading List Going? I will edit mine as soon as I got back to Aurora to see what I have there.

Items I that I can purchase:
Brightwall
to be filled in later

Bowerstone
to be filled in later

Aurora
to be filled in later

anyone get the CE of fable?

are the extra quest area, etc worth it?

and do any of the items pertain to any achievement (like weapon collections) remember fable 2 required some expression books to get them all.

contemplating selling my CE stuff if its not worth it. 50 bucks is tempting. basically paying the game off.

The extra quest in Silverpines was actually pretty cool, and the Wolfsbane sword that you get from it is one of the best in the game IMO. There are no achievements that directly tie into it but the Wolfsbane probably is the easiest weapon to get all three upgrades for (for "My Weapon's Better than Yours"). Hard to argue that it's worth $50 though if you really can get that for the code.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The extra quest in Silverpines was actually pretty cool, and the Wolfsbane sword that you get from it is one of the best in the game IMO. There are no achievements that directly tie into it but the Wolfsbane probably is the easiest weapon to get all three upgrades for (for "My Weapon's Better than Yours"). Hard to argue that it's worth $50 though if you really can get that for the code.[/QUOTE]
how many additional quests are there?

and 50 bucks is the going rate on ebay. ive been watching and its going up as the CE gets rarer. don't know why people pay these crazy prices and not get the CE

[quote name='shosh']how many additional quests are there?[/QUOTE]
Just the one I think. You dig up some bones around Silverpines and then fight some ghosts for the sword. You also get the Hunter's Lodge house in Mistpeak Valley, but there's not really a quest associated with it, the game just directs you to go there.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I completed the game today, and my thoughts of the ending are "meh".[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was thinking about it today and you can categorize the Fables with the ending felt meh category. You really need to have a good ending to a game imo. You build up and then bam, the ending needs to be better than what you've already seen. At least the Princess didn't bake me a cake for winning.;)

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah I was thinking about it today and you can categorize the Fables with the ending felt meh category. You really need to have a good ending to a game imo. You build up and then bam, the ending needs to be better than what you've already seen. At least the Princess didn't bake me a cake for winning.;)[/QUOTE]
isn't this the general consensus regarding game endings nowadays. everyone is totally dissatisfied with any modern game ending in general.

the only ending i hated was msg4. it took way too long. wasnt that like at least an hours worth of ending right there? i swear i fell asleep and woke up with the ending still going on.

[quote name='shosh']isn't this the general consensus regarding game endings nowadays. everyone is totally dissatisfied with any modern game ending in general.

the only ending i hated was msg4. it took way too long. wasnt that like at least an hours worth of ending right there? i swear i fell asleep and woke up with the ending still going on.[/QUOTE]

Ehhhh, that's a stretch I believe, games that had great endings: (put in spoilers to condense space)
Bioshock
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 2
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 6
Freespace 2
Gears of War 2
God of War
Grand Theft Auto IV: Lost and the Damned
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
Halo: Combat Evolved
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mega Man 2
Portal
Metal Gear Solid 3
Resident Evil 4
Shadow of Colossus
Silent Hill 2
Starcraft
Starcraft 2
Super Metroid
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Uncharted 2
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

A great ending just makes the rest of the game feel even better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to do some achievements for Fable III, if anyone feels like helping me out I will be online for the next couple of hours, add me as a friend and help me out! :applause:

Not too interested in the DLC, the shooting range sounds boring like a "try it for five minutes then you're bored" and I didn't like the whole wheel of misfortune in the Fable main game.

Has anyone tried getting the 1000 gold in another world Henchman Achievement, yet? A friend of mine and I were trying but we had no idea on how to do it. It seemed like you just had to play together for a certain amount of time? We played for a couple hours but never got the achievement.

Yeah that dlc seems like fluff to me. I prob did the shooting range 3 times in Fable II and that's about it. The wheel of misfortune just seems like Pinnacle Station haha. I guess you'd get guild seals in it though so there's that.

[quote name='super_dawn']Has anyone tried getting the 1000 gold in another world Henchman Achievement, yet? A friend of mine and I were trying but we had no idea on how to do it. It seemed like you just had to play together for a certain amount of time? We played for a couple hours but never got the achievement.[/QUOTE]
You only get henchman pay if you are the one joining the other player's world. I think the way the math worked out is, you get 10 gold per 5-minute interval that you spend in another player's world, for the first 20 intervals (1 hour and 40 minutes total, and you'll have 200 gold towards the achievement). After that, you start receiving 100 gold per interval. 800 more gold = 40 minutes, so after 2 hours and 20 minutes of playing in other player's worlds, you'll get the achievement. It doesn't have to be consecutive or all in the same player's world, so just keep joining random games and playing for a while and you'll have it before too long.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']You only get henchman pay if you are the one joining the other player's world. I think the way the math worked out is, you get 10 gold per 5-minute interval that you spend in another player's world, for the first 20 intervals (1 hour and 40 minutes total, and you'll have 200 gold towards the achievement). After that, you start receiving 100 gold per interval. 800 more gold = 40 minutes, so after 2 hours and 20 minutes of playing in other player's worlds, you'll get the achievement. It doesn't have to be consecutive or all in the same player's world, so just keep joining random games and playing for a while and you'll have it before too long.[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much for the info! ...last I saw it was at 800/1000 and I was confused as to how I had even gotten that. Cool...so 10 more minutes and I should have it.

I was reading my November issue of OXM and they said that Lionhead, at the time of their review copy release, squashed 41,800 bugs. They predicted they'd take care of 45,000 before release. I'd say their game was reasonably bug free if you look at those numbers lol.

If anyone has any spare gold I'll trade them a Best Buy Channler Sword & Crystal Tattoo set DLC code. I just became King and I honestly just want to finish the game, it's been a complete bug fest and frankly I'm starting to get a little upset.

I noticed that as well, once I became King I ran into bug after bug. First my start menu constantly popped up and I could not even play the game, had to save it by hitting the buttons repeatedly then restarting the entire console. Still after that the screen will randomly freeze and lock up the entire system during some of the loading screens.

[quote name='Nealocus123']If anyone has any spare gold I'll trade them a Best Buy Channler Sword & Crystal Tattoo set DLC code. I just became King and I honestly just want to finish the game, it's been a complete bug fest and frankly I'm starting to get a little upset.[/QUOTE]

How much gold do you need?

If you are looking to get the thousand dollars in another player's world I am pretty sure you can get it by also doing job's in the other player's world.

[quote name='Jabrim']I noticed that as well, once I became King I ran into bug after bug. First my start menu constantly popped up and I could not even play the game, had to save it by hitting the buttons repeatedly then restarting the entire console. Still after that the screen will randomly freeze and lock up the entire system during some of the loading screens.[/QUOTE]

Hmm maybe it's console specific or hdd related because I didn't have any bugs when I became King. Really I ran into very few bugs on my travels.

@RichMeisterMan you can't get the achievement that way. I just tried it last night. you have to be in another players world until it pops. It takes a while, but it is cumulative so I say it should take a total of like 3 hours in another persons world.

side note does anyone here want to trade Legendary Weapons? Or allow others to come into your world to buy weapons from your shop?

[quote name='Spybreak8']Hmm maybe it's console specific or hdd related because I didn't have any bugs when I became King. Really I ran into very few bugs on my travels.[/QUOTE]

Hope that is actually what is the problem. I just ordered my new 360 slim last night for my b-day/xmas gift for myself, can't wait to be rid of my "Pro" 20gig hard drive.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I was reading my November issue of OXM and they said that Lionhead, at the time of their review copy release, squashed 41,800 bugs. They predicted they'd take care of 45,000 before release. I'd say their game was reasonably bug free if you look at those numbers lol.[/QUOTE]

LOL yea holy crap...

[quote name='Nealocus123']If anyone has any spare gold I'll trade them a Best Buy Channler Sword & Crystal Tattoo set DLC code. I just became King and I honestly just want to finish the game, it's been a complete bug fest and frankly I'm starting to get a little upset.[/QUOTE]

I'd love a bb dlc weapon/tattoo code... I have about 7mil now (I gave another 6.5 to a friend for the same reason ;) ) Add me if you'd like...I might not be on till real late tomorrow night because of work tho.

Haven't played the game since I beat it so I'll pick it up prepared and hope for a better ending, but I have a question. If I
Reinstate the temple of shadows
Will I still be a good guy, and look normal?

[quote name='super_dawn']LOL yea holy crap...

I'd love a bb dlc weapon/tattoo code... I have about 7mil now (I gave another 6.5 to a friend for the same reason ;) ) Add me if you'd like...I might not be on till real late tomorrow night because of work tho.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jabrim']How much gold do you need?[/QUOTE]

I only have like 400k in the bank and like 25k on hand haha. I'm not asking for all 7mil of it, I'm just taking whatever you can give (without giving everything away) for a few left over codes I have. Even if it's like 100k so I can just buy a ton of houses and stuff I'll be fine. I'll add you tonight and message you if I see you on.

[quote name='Cysquatch']Haven't played the game since I beat it so I'll pick it up prepared and hope for a better ending, but I have a question. If I
Reinstate the temple of shadows
Will I still be a good
guy, and look normal?[/QUOTE]

Yes you will look normal, I did it and didn't see any difference in my character. I imagine it changes your moral alignment a little but it didn't change my look of the character at all.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']No new achievements? Lame.[/QUOTE]

None mentioned in the description, how long is the quest anyway?

Yea it took me about 30 minutes to get through it and scour the area for chests/dig spots. It's okay....Played the shooting range a bit to get the weapons. Will probably play Reaver's later....for 400 pts I can't complain too much.

So it seems most of you have beat this game already, in comparison to Fable 2, if you can even do that, how much better/worse is this game? I got Fable 2 from that Marketplace goofup and tried playing it but it's just too slow and the story is just boring, same with the combat.

[quote name='hustletron']So it seems most of you have beat this game already, in comparison to Fable 2, if you can even do that, how much better/worse is this game? I got Fable 2 from that Marketplace goofup and tried playing it but it's just too slow and the story is just boring, same with the combat.[/QUOTE]
I did prefer the story and gameplay in III, but they are largely similar-- if you hate one you are not going to like the other.

While I'm always happy for patches, it's still bizarre to me to read that Fable III is considered a fairly buggy game. I literally had zero issues throughout my playthrough... guess I just got lucky.

Someone asked about Fable 2 vs. 3... as someone who loved the original Fable, played it through probably 8-10 times, and has it ranked easily within their top 3 games of all time, I can say that I honestly wasn't a huge fan of Fable 2. Something just felt 'off'. I don't know, maybe they tried to do too much (Molyneaux? Try too much? Never.) and ended up watering it down. Whatever the case, while I liked Fable 2, it just never honestly grabbed me in any way. Fable 3, for me, was worlds more enjoyable. As much as I saw reviews talk about what they had cut out (or down) from previous games, I think it actually helped the experience. Now, I'm not going to assert that I *loved* Fable 3, but I rank it much higher than Fable 2. Basically, if Fable 2 didn't grab you, I encourage you to at least give 3 a shot. May still not be your thing, but it's worth making that determination based on 3 alone.

I didn't have any bugs either and feel fortunate that my experience was frustration free.
Played some today and wanted to see if the patch fixed them telling me about the new stuff in the Sanctuary Store all the time. Well after 45 minutes he told me, auhhh guess not.

This is a call to my fellow CAG's, if you want to do some weapon trading....send me a friend request and let me know you're from CAG.

Thanks!!!

This is going to make a great Christmas present I guess...because it will be re-gifted!

I'm going to keep this short and sweet (probably long though)

1) The in-game fighting is completely different..for the worst. Gone are cross-bows. Gone is a fun way of killing people long-range (by being able to pick body spots). It has been replaced with a zoom feature, which can take too long.

Also, the slow motion in-fighting scenes are highly counter-productive. In the previous Fable, they made great kill shots. In Fable 3...I get hit sometimes while seeing a person *possibly* dying.

2) The money system is GARBAGE. I know what's going to happen basically without reading a spoiler. And I know that if I want to do this the "good" way...I'm going to need goo-gobs of money. This basically forces you to be a property baron and take a long time before finishing out. With the game not generating money in real-time status, it's nearly impossible to really do it the "right" way.

3) The interactions are just...deplorable. Ok, I'm a king. I'm a king of Albion. WHY DO I NEED TO DANCE WITH A MAN OR ACT A FOOL FOR HIM TO LIKE ME??? A lot of times the chat response doesn't show and you get stuck with either dance or acting a clown. A handshake? Too much sense...

And to top that off...once again, I'm a king. WHY SHOULD I GO FIND STUFF OR DELIVER STUFF FOR YOU??? It barely makes sense as a prince.

Finally, I don't know if it's a glitch, but if you do not do it in a timely manner, they won't give you another chance to become friends. They'll just have a high neutral bar for you. Missed out on a few feature wives that way. And let's not even get into how a white man can have sex with a black woman and the baby turns out snow white....!!!

4) The stuttering in this game is the ultimate deal-breaker...and I have it installed to my hard drive!!!

And then to note, they took away the ability to jump up small pathways and cliffs. I never noticed how needed it was until playing this game.

5) Online? I've been able to do it once...and it crashed. All the other attempts were for naught!

6) I'm tired of my butler telling me I have new stuff waiting for me. It's just add-on DLC! Yep...Microsoft wants between a dollar to 10 dollars from you for various items.

There are positives throughout the game. I'm not going to state them though because for every 1 positive, there are 2 negatives. It's seriously that bad of a game!

I don't want to give this a 1 star. It is enjoyable. But...I'm desparetely trying to get this game off my hands. I'm going to play it twice, and that's it. No DLC downloads, no more attempts at online play, no more drama, no more tears (hahaha).

I'd avoid this game until it hits the Platinum Hits or you can snag a GOTY edition for under 30 dollars.

Where I'm from, you wear the shoes out until you can't wear them anymore if you can't trade them away.

I paid for a 30 dollar game. 30 dollars is a lot of money. A week's worth of food...a credit card bill....my internet bill for the month....

I'm going to get every damn copper penny possible out of that game until I have all the achievements or until christmas rolls around and I can just gift it away (or if a co-worker wants to buy it off my hands ASAP)

There will be no wasting of this game

bread's done
Back