Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

That is such a CAG thing... "I hated this game, so I'm only going to play through twice, and I'd recommend you only pay $30 for it at the very most." If you didn't like the game, shouldn't you recommend not buying it? :)

[quote name='007']While I'm always happy for patches, it's still bizarre to me to read that Fable III is considered a fairly buggy game. I literally had zero issues throughout my playthrough... guess I just got lucky.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Minus some frame rate issues.

Not sure if its been asked but I haven't done any of the online yet and I'm close to the end.

So I'm wondering if the opportunity to play co-op ends with the game or if I can still run around the world afterwards?

(I guessing I'll be able to run around since they are doing DLC but figured I should double check as I'm not all that interested in doing it all over again.)

Edit: nevermind found my answer. (Yes, you can.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked this up after not playing for a month or so. If anyone is willing to trade gold for the Best Buy Channler Sword & Crystal Tattoo set I'd love to do that. I've ran into a bunch of glitches and just want to finish the story but I only have around 100k gold. Thanks!

Edit: Looks like they actually fixed a TON of the glitches I was having which made me get back into it. I managed to buy every single shop / home while upgrading my weapons and going through Demon Doors. However, at the rate I'm going I make 612k an hour which means it would take 8hrs IN GAME time to get 6.5 million. I don't plan on leaving my Xbox on because I don't want it to overheat or anything. I do have a question though.

If I raise the rent of everything to 100% and my morals go down the drain, does that have any affect on the ending as long as I pay all the money? I've been 100% good so far (except the one guy I had to kill for the evil set of missions), but I don't want to mess that up if I can't get it back to good. Thanks guys.

I put rent and everything up to the highest and all it did was make people in the town hate me. I would do that and level up a weapon that gives you gold per hit. Then run around and do the quests and make the gold. Then when you have enough put about 7 million in and lower all rent the lowest. keep it like that so people no longer hate you or just sell all the stuff.

Also if anyone wants to trade weapons let me know. Weapons are the only thing that you have to get from other gamers worlds correct?

I ended up just sucking it up and doing it the hard way. Bought literally every house / store I could and jacked the prices up to highest. I had no idea that
you had to earn more than the 6.5 million if you wanted to make all good decisions. Luckily it allowed me to continue to buy / sell during the royal decisions I had to make.
All in all, I think it was a wonderful game. I've always had a place in my heart for the Fable series and this one, despite my handful of in game glitches, was probably my favorite.

One thing that kind bothered me though was during the really emotional cut scenes my helmet stayed on, so while I was talking to someone or making a decision, I couldn't see any facial expression. Nit picky, but whatever.

Free Santa hat is currently available on the marketplace.

There's also some new paid dog breeds. I'm not usually one to judge because I've bought my share of DLC that other people would probably scoff at, but... dog breeds, really? Who's buying this stuff?

People who also play those pet sim games?

I really like this game, but the random slow downs really piss me off sometimes, always happens at the worst possible time. Like when I'm doing a job and am at the top level, then suddenly it slows down and causes me to mess up.

[quote name='retro.elite']What is the best way to find all the clothing in the game?[/QUOTE]
All of the outfits can be bought from the shops in Brightwall, Bowerstone, and Aurora, except for the Cook's Hat and the opposite gender masquerade and monarch outfits. You can get a Cook's Hat by befriending or marrying one of the Bowerstone Castle chefs and waiting for them to gift it to you. For the opposite sex masquerade and royal outfits, find an opposite sex character to co-op with and trade the clothes back and forth. You do need every article of clothing in your inventory at the same time for the achievement to pop.

The ending was the biggest "fuck" moment in the history gaming (my gaming)

Luckily though, my friend is buying this game off of me for 25. So I basically just rented this for 5 dollars.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Free Santa hat is currently available on the marketplace.

There's also some new paid dog breeds. I'm not usually one to judge because I've bought my share of DLC that other people would probably scoff at, but... dog breeds, really? Who's buying this stuff?[/QUOTE]

All the people who buy fake dogs for their avatar lol.

Wow that Santa Hat is just your pajama's hat colored, lame.

DId anyone else notice that the "free yule hat" was 14 megs? Smells like another DLC quest is on the way, just like when they gave out the free weapons at launch which led to the Understone DLC quest.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']For the opposite sex masquerade and royal outfits, find an opposite sex character to co-op with and trade the clothes back and forth. You do need every article of clothing in your inventory at the same time for the achievement to pop.[/QUOTE]Both Masquerade outfits are available to buy in Bowerstone Market.

You also forgot to mention the Military Outfit which is genderless.

I do believe the whole outfit is inside a demon door. (Its the demon door that will only open for a real weapon. (Maxed level Legendary Weapon, all three quests done, and your hero's melee/range skill maxed at 5.) )

But if the gloves are not in there you they are in the 1 silver key chest inside the Reliquary. (The Reliquary is one of the every first area's you visit.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']You also forgot to mention the Military Outfit which is genderless.
[/QUOTE]
You're absolutely right, thanks! Are you sure the opposite sex masquerade outfit is purchaseable though?

[quote name='super_dawn']Yea I have both Masquerade outfits and I haven't traded with anyone yet... still waiting for my stupid cook to give me a hat.[/QUOTE]

Don't wait for that nose-picking cook....just get the understone DLC and it's in a chest in one of the houses. That's what I did.

Now, if I could only get someone legit to help me get the legendary weapon achievement....

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Don't wait for that nose-picking cook....just get the understone DLC and it's in a chest in one of the houses. That's what I did.

Now, if I could only get someone legit to help me get the legendary weapon achievement....[/QUOTE]

How is the DLC, is worth $5?

Any female hero's looking for male hero companion?

XBL: retroDY

[quote name='super_dawn']Yea I have both Masquerade outfits and I haven't traded with anyone yet... still waiting for my stupid cook to give me a hat.[/QUOTE]

I actually got the cook hat from a dig site in bowerstone market near the "warehouse/storage" building right before going to old town. Had the dog maxxed out on treasure hunting.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']You're absolutely right, thanks! Are you sure the opposite sex masquerade outfit is purchaseable though?[/QUOTE]

Positive. :) The only item you need to trade for is the opposite gender's royal outfit.

I do have a cook's hat and have no issue with letting someone borrow it but I would need it back... Biggest problem is that you have to have every item at once and I work overnights so I'm only online in the mornings.

[quote name='natiev']I actually got the cook hat from a dig site in bowerstone market near the "warehouse/storage" building right before going to old town. Had the dog maxxed out on treasure hunting.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that stuff is all random.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Pretty sure that stuff is all random.[/QUOTE]

No, I really don't think this one is. I found out about it on xbox360achievements.org (fable 3 threads). If you picked up understone anyway....it's there for you. I can't remember the name of the house, though.....maybe "sandgoose" something or other.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']No, I really don't think this one is. I found out about it on xbox360achievements.org (fable 3 threads). If you picked up understone anyway....it's there for you. I can't remember the name of the house, though.....maybe "sandgoose" something or other.[/QUOTE]
Intresting, but truth be told... I think if I gave them another 5 dollars they should be giving me the other gender's royal outfit too.

And more game content than they are giving for 5 bucks.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Don't wait for that nose-picking cook....just get the understone DLC and it's in a chest in one of the houses. That's what I did.

Now, if I could only get someone legit to help me get the legendary weapon achievement....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='natiev']I actually got the cook hat from a dig site in bowerstone market near the "warehouse/storage" building right before going to old town. Had the dog maxxed out on treasure hunting.[/QUOTE]

what?! really? I searched every square detail of Understone to get my full $5 worth and never found a chest with a chef's hat. I guess I could go back and look since its such a small area.

Yea for some odd reason I am not maxxed out on treasure hunting for my doggy...I keep going to the places to buy the dog books but they're nvr what I need.

Normally I'd be fine with just having someone gift it to me for a sec to get the acheivement.....buuut I really want to keep it. ;) So I'll need to find it eventually anyway.

I totally see why everyone on my friends list started this game and gave up after a couple hours. Talk about trying to reinvent the wheel with some of these decisions.

I have 36 of the 50 Legendary Weapons, and that is the last achievement I need. However, I'm getting tired of going into other worlds and what not looking for weapons before getting kicked out or the other player quitting. Would anyone be willing to give me the weapons I need, in exchange for.....I don't know. Send me a PM if you're interested in helping me out and what you would want in return. thank you

Wow, 3/4 of the way through this game and all I can say is what the fuck?

Who made this moral system? Calypso from twisted metal? I love how there are only 2 choices in this super complex game, prison rape or good intentions horrible.

The game itself was pretty boring with the same old same old as far as quest and the like (graphics look great though such a pretty game) Then there is the actual story which reminds me of a comedian who despretely wants everyone to take them serious but their 90% of the routine is fart jokes. Be serious or be funny but dont be nut shots, farting, burping, boob jokes and then try to switch to Saving Private Ryan.

Other than my complaints about the actual game itself (is it really that fun for you guys to buy houses, marry people, raise kids, blah blah) the whole game hinges on this moral system that is a embarrassment.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow, 3/4 of the way through this game and all I can say is what the fuck?

Who made this moral system? Calypso from twisted metal? I love how there are only 2 choices in this super complex game, prison rape or good intentions horrible.

The game itself was pretty boring with the same old same old as far as quest and the like (graphics look great though such a pretty game) Then there is the actual story which reminds me of a comedian who despretely wants everyone to take them serious but their 90% of the routine is fart jokes. Be serious or be funny but dont be nut shots, farting, burping, boob jokes and then try to switch to Saving Private Ryan.

Other than my complaints about the actual game itself (is it really that fun for you guys to buy houses, marry people, raise kids, blah blah) the whole game hinges on this moral system that is a embarrassment.[/QUOTE]
I never got the idea that this game hinged on the morality system. Morality never works in any game since if you were truly evil then you wouldn't be the "hero" which pretty much all main characters in video games are. Also the story was so simple I'm not sure how anyone could get the idea that it was suppose to be serious. I had no problem with story myself, it wasn't as good as Fable 2 but it worked fine.

I actual enjoy the whole buying houses, getting married, raising kids, and interacting with npcs stuff since that's what the Fable games are about. There not about the main story line but living through your own fable or fairy tale.

The only problems I had with this game were the small number of quests, the many technical issues, and the fact that they dumbed down the game so much. At this point I think the next Fable game has to be a complete reboot of the series. I really dont understand why someone cant just make Oblivion with Fable's humor, combat, and npc interaction(not the expressions but just the way npcs interact with you).

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow, 3/4 of the way through this game and all I can say is what the fuck?

Other than my complaints about the actual game itself (is it really that fun for you guys to buy houses, marry people, raise kids, blah blah) the whole game hinges on this moral system that is a embarrassment.[/QUOTE]

Harsh! I don't really think Fable is the RPG series that is supposed to have insane in depth morality decisions. In my opinion for that you need branching conversations like Mass Effect. I like the "good" or "evil" choices, yeah I didn't lose any hair over any of the decisions but a few of them (towards the end) were tough to decide between.

In terms of the story though, as dumb as it may sound, I found some of the dialogue pretty funny. The sarcasm is my favorite part. As far the farting and burping...bro, you're playing Fable! There's been fart and burp jokes since it came out on Xbox...that's what makes Fable, Fable.

I agree with Sinfulfate, only problem I had with the game were the fucking technial bullshit issues.

Lol the first thing I did with my 1st playthrough was find the "mail order" pre-order bride, character I made, and married her. Yeah I used to own pretty much all the businesses and such in Fable II but in Fable 3 there isn't that big of an incentive (no income all the time this time around).

I was so upset that my wife left me at the end due to my "good" intentions.

If anyone else just got this game and wants to play some co-op, shoot me a message.

I'm not very far into the game; I've only just gotten
the music box from the Library.

For those of you who have the CE, how do you feel about the extra content? I'm still getting confused about what is tied to the CE and what just comes in the game for buying it new, besides the special area/quest, which I haven't gotten far enough into in the game to do yet.

CE gets you a so-so quest in Silverpines with a sword, some clothes you'll never wear (ugly auroran gear) and a kickazz breed for your dog, the boxer.

All in all, kinda weak, but I don't regret the purchase because I love Fable.

For the 50 legendary weapons achievement. Am I required to have all 50 in my inventory like the clothing achievement?

Update: Got my answer. And it sucks.

I need Chef's Hat to complete Fashion Victim Achievement. I will return the item. PM me GT: retroDY

I also need 14 weapons for We Need Guns, Lots Of Guns Achievement.
You can find the List here

[quote name='retro.elite']II also need 14 weapons for We Need Guns, Lots Of Guns Achievement.[/QUOTE]Outside of the Yellow which are marked as acquired what does the

Are you sure your list is up to date? I see some marked not at all, some in yellow, and some in read... but no certain one color equals 14.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Outside of the Yellow which are marked as acquired what does the

Are you sure your list is up to date? I see some marked not at all, some in yellow, and some in read... but no certain one color equals 14.[/QUOTE]

Im going to redo the list by the 4 weapon types. This (previous) list has extra weapons that is not required for the achievement.

The new list here

[quote name='retro.elite']The new list[/QUOTE]

We would still have wholes...

Those still missing would be:
The Swinging Sword
Jack's Hammer
Scythe's Warhammer
Bloodcraver
Tee Killer Shooter
Skorm's Justice

I really need to finish this game out to 1000 myself. I need around 20 weapons still, the female outfits and the chef's hat, and the earn in another hero's world achievement. Add me and if Im playing halo just drop me a line and I can come out of the game in a few to help.

Kenpachiexodia add me please.

@Retro I know for a fact that at least 3 of those weapons you need are sold in my shops. add me

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']All I can manage to do after beating the game is shake my head and say "You got me again, Molyneux, you son of a bitch. You got me again."[/QUOTE]

Agreed and he took away my wife too lol. :bomb:

I've been thinking.....anyone interested in an in-game CAG flashmob for trading weapons and clothes? Like at Bowerstone market square on some date at some specific time?

I've added people to my friends list specifically to get the weapon achievement, but it seems like everyone is willing to take, but not give and it's annoying. The CAG community is a good bunch, so this idea seemed like a good one to me.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I've been thinking.....anyone interested in an in-game CAG flashmob for trading weapons and clothes? Like at Bowerstone market square on some date at some specific time?

I've added people to my friends list specifically to get the weapon achievement, but it seems like everyone is willing to take, but not give and it's annoying. The CAG community is a good bunch, so this idea seemed like a good one to me.[/QUOTE]

Next time I'm online send me a game invite. I don't have all the weapons you are looking for anymore.

I should have these
slimquick
Dragonstomper .48
hammer of wilmageddon
the shrieking pilgrim
simmons shotgun
swift irregular

maybe others too.

message "jump you" see if he is able to help, i borrowed last few weapons from him.

[quote name='retro.elite']Next time I'm online send me a game invite. I don't have all the weapons you are looking for anymore.

I should have these
slimquick
Dragonstomper .48
hammer of wilmageddon
the shrieking pilgrim
simmons shotgun
swift irregular

maybe others too.

message "jump you" see if he is able to help, i borrowed last few weapons from him.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks bro.

I breezed by to get to the ending of this game TOO fast. I am now playing the game over just to get my money's worth!

Paid $35 new for it and Amazon will buy it back for $27.50 w/ free shipping. It's on its way to the UPS store. I just don't see much replay in it. Even if I did the opposite of everything I did before.

My in-game wife gave me STDs twice....then she gave birth to a little black kid...WTF? Neither of us were black yet she pops out a little black kid? I threw her ass out the castle.

[quote name='Whizbang']
My in-game wife gave me STDs twice....then she gave birth to a little black kid...WTF? Neither of us were black yet she pops out a little black kid? I threw her ass out the castle.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it could be used on a Jerry Springer Show! :lol:

bread's done
Back