Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

Yah, I'm betting it'll be delayed too.

Fable 2 was just ALRIGHT. Fable 3 hasn't been shown off enough to make me think it will be on time.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']The Fable goodness keeps coming! There is a side-story novel announced for an Oct. 5 release. Features two guys from Albion who go hunting Balverine. Also comes with a code for an in-game weapon. Now, this, I will buy! No link, but you can find it on Amazon.

Also, if you're wondering if you should play Fable 2.....play it! Not because of the strong tie to Fable 3, but because it's such an amazing game. Go play now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I had a little trouble finding it so here's the link for quick access:

http://www.amazon.com/Fable-Balveri...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281852515&sr=8-1

This is definitely something I'll pick up....

Last edited by a moderator:
The controller looks kinda like somebody smeared a turd all over the front and laminated it, sorry to say. Not as good as some other exclusive controllers, though I think its tough to make a game specific controller loook good. Even the Halo one looked weak IMO.

The book might be worth a read though, depending on whether or not its just a money making spin off of the series or not.

[quote name='Steggy']LIKE! Off topic... beat arkham asylum... is it worth picking up the GOTY just for the 3d aspect?[/QUOTE]

haha yea totally off topic.....but i'm also wondering the same thing! ;)

I still don't know why exactly, but I preordered the LE and haven't even played the first 2 games. Maybe it's that smoothtalker Molyneux ^^

Played 2, got my girlfriend to buy it and play it with me, but was really turned off by the co-op limitations. Hope that's fixed in III.

Ended up trading in 2 and re-buying when the PH version dropped to 20 bucks, but I haven't been able to dive back into it due to all the good games coming out.

I may preorder the LE just because I had fun with what I did play, but single player games are usually not my cup o' tea. If the co-op is "fixed", then I'm balls-in! haha

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']The controller looks kinda like somebody smeared a turd all over the front and laminated it, sorry to say. Not as good as some other exclusive controllers, though I think its tough to make a game specific controller loook good. Even the Halo one looked weak IMO.

The book might be worth a read though, depending on whether or not its just a money making spin off of the series or not.[/QUOTE]

yea, what they need to do is actually design a controller itself and not just paint it

[quote name='timesplitt']yea, what they need to do is actually design a controller itself and not just paint it[/QUOTE]

But that would cost time and money.

Why waste the time and money when you can smear a turd on a controller and tell everyone it's "limited edition"?

I loved Fable 2 as it's one of my favorite 360 games after Crackdown.
I was replaying 2 with a friend to get some more AP adn I really liked playing it.
I hope to god they really fix the co-op crap. The whole tethered thing got on my nerves.
Just let us roam seperatly and show both characters so i can show off my guy to my friends.

I pre-order the regular edition from Amazon and can't wait till it comes out.
Maybe Fable 3 will pull me away from my DS addiction of lately.

PS the controller is crap.Id rather just buy a green one then that crap.

Where are you guys pre-ordering the game.
I'm think Amazon and use the $20 credit for the guide and Plants Vs Zombies

Probably going through Gamestop for the LE as I have $12 in credit to burn as well as a $10 coupon to finally get rid of.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Stupid that they removed Kinect support, just cancelled my pre-order. Still gonna rent it tho.[/QUOTE]

THANK GOD .. I hope Kinect dies an ugly Virtual Boy-death.

[quote name='seanr1221']They delayed Kinect support, they didn't remove it.[/QUOTE]

Idk, I thought that to, but X360a's interview with Peter Molyneux makes it sound like it has been canned.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Stupid that they removed Kinect support, just cancelled my pre-order. Still gonna rent it tho.[/QUOTE]

I knew it. Every Fable game has had something taken out or changed. All this series is, is a series of disapointments.

[quote name='sendme']I knew it. Every Fable game has had something taken out or changed. All this series is, is a series of disapointments.[/QUOTE]

Yea, Peter said that they removed Kinect support because it was corny. We've known about Kinect for over a year and they've know about it for years so there isn't really a reason why the end result should of been "corny." Also, if it was corny, why didn't they fix it? They always just give up on things when it's too tough for them.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Yea, Peter said that they removed Kinect support because it was corny. We've known about Kinect for over a year and they've know about it for years so there isn't really a reason why the end result should of been "corny." Also, if it was corny, why didn't they fix it? They always just give up on things when it's too tough for them.[/QUOTE]

They can always add it and market it with Fable 4.

I don't understand why everyone is so quick to bash Molyneux. They guy is a visionary and *gasp* he's as about as honest a dude as I've ever heard. He is passionate and that seems to get him in hot water.

They could have implemented some cheesy, tacked on Kinect support, but it didn't do either property justice. So, he scrapped that crap and intend (key word) to implement Kinect into Fable in the future. Could be DLC or maybe it just won't work.

I'd rather have no Kinect, than some b.s. crowbarred in "just cuz". For that, I applaud Lionhead for doing what they feel is right for their franchise and the fans.

For the record, I am getting Kinect with or with out Fable 3 supporting features and I'm getting Fable 3 with or without Kinect support. There are good reasons to own both, I think.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Yea, Peter said that they removed Kinect support because it was corny. We've known about Kinect for over a year and they've know about it for years so there isn't really a reason why the end result should of been "corny." Also, if it was corny, why didn't they fix it? They always just give up on things when it's too tough for them.[/QUOTE]

What it was called Natal and they first announced it wasn't he all over the idea. I remember him talking about how it would be used in Fable 3 and had some game character on screen that he was talking to.

Removing Kinect is a disappointment? I felt even better about my pre-order the day that was announced.

Im not really worried bout Kinect.
The only draw for Kinect for me is Dance Central like the rest of the world.
A dancing mini game in Fable 3 and I am so there.

[quote name='Dendaman']I swear I'd enjoy Fable more if Molyneux would stop hawking about how groundbreaking each iteration will be. The games are fun, but that is overshadowed by the fact that they don't deliver on the unattainable level they were hyped up to be.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I loved Fable 1 and 2 and completed both of them, but was a tad disappointed with both games just because Molyneux pumped them both up to be something that they really weren't. eg. Fable II co-op?

[quote name='guyver2077']i want to do amazon.. but i really want the ce and no credit for that version yet.. might have to go walmart route[/QUOTE]

I'm also waiting/hoping for Amazon to offer the $20 credit on the CE...

No Kinect support is a good thing in my opinion. Peter M. is right that its corny and it just doesn't seem like something that will work. Kinect is basically just the Eye Toy, and the Eye Toy is certainly not very popular. People like to sit and play games and relax, and even gamers aren't so stupid that they don't realize Kinect/Move/Wii is just a tricky way to get their fat blubber to burn off a bit. :rofl:

The reason people bash Molyneux is that he hypes everything way too far. Back when they announced Kinect integration He hyped it up like the best thing since 3D graphics and now he pans it as being "corny". He just needs to stop sensationalizing everything to the point of ridiculousness. It's clear he has the ability to make good games, he just needs to sell them on their own merits (which I think he can do) and not overpromise things which just ends up in customer letdown

I was thinking of reordering the game using either some amazon or GS credit but I think I will just wait a while. I was eyeing the LE but I don't even think that the LE will be hard to get after the game launches.

I now know where I'll be purchasing Fable 3 (LE).....Gamestop has an exclusive tattoo and sword, there's the details:

Purchase Fable III regular or limited edition and receive a GameStop exclusive in-game sword and tattoo.

* Exclusive Tattoo - The Tattoo morphs as you morph; so the color will change depending on your alignment. For magic users, the tattoo will also become a will line when you use magic will lines. Finally, it will also increase your attractiveness toward NPCs, and it can be used to complete a specific quest in Aurora .

* Exclusive Sword – With a history linked to Fable 2 through Reaver, it is evil and gets bonuses for killing innocents, spending money and annoying people, just like the Reaver.

I have my LE pre-ordered with Amazon, although I might switch because my Prime trial is running out in a few weeks.

Does anyone know if they would go back and apply shipping charges once my Prime is expired? Or is the free release date delivery locked in?

If you placed the preorder while you were a prime member, you keep the benefit for that order even if your membership lapses

[quote name='Ruahrc']If you placed the preorder while you were a prime member, you keep the benefit for that order even if your membership lapses[/QUOTE]
Thanks, mate. Bring on Fable III then :D

If amazon had the $20 credit for the LE......might've been a tough decision. But, since they do not and I needs the LE, gamestop it is. Walmart has a $20 e-gift card with purchase of the LE, but I don't care much for wally world.

i used one of my $20 credits to pre-order the le from gamestop. i know gamestop says they don't work on pre-orders but there's only 1 code i've had that didn't work on a pre-order.

it's coming between this, or fallout new vegas (collectors edition)
i don't know witch one i want :(. i like fable 2 a lot but i beat it so fast. and fallout 3 was amazing but i have to take a break from it sometimes.

i bought fable 2 and fallout 3 around the same time. i couldn't get into either game but i went back and played fable 2 and fell in love with it. not a big fan of fallout, just couldn't get into that game. if i was a fan i'd def. get the new vegas LE but i'm not so the Fable III one is for me.

hahaha
thx for that utopiamachine
thats funny as hell
Most of my friends are guys too and their is one girl among us.
She's gonna have lots of babies, i think.

Real guys play as female characters. :)

Btw, does anyone who preordered on Amazon have their code yet for the NPC creator? When are we supposed to get those?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Real guys play as female characters. :)

Btw, does anyone who preordered on Amazon have their code yet for the NPC creator? When are we supposed to get those?[/QUOTE]
Ooh, I'd like to know also. Pre-ordered from Amazon last week, but I totally forgot about the NPC creator.

Those achievements look cool. I like the Henry VII one :lol:

going to preorder the collectors edition, getting super hyped for this game. replayed fable 2 and finished up some of the achievements.

kinda afraid it won't live up to my exspectations, so can i cancle preorders from gamestop when ever? kinda want to watch reviews befor im 100% on it.

and for co-op you can do buisness partners, it's like mariage except it's not.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1121178p1.html

bread's done
Back