Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

Co op sounds so much better then last year, and actually sounds like something worthwhile. I played co op last year, but it didn't really do much for the experience except make the game a bit easier.

The whole marriage and babies thing is interesting, but I'm not an achivement whore so I don't think I'll find it necessary to seek out surrogates :rofl:

[quote name='utopianmachine']http://gameinformer.com/b/news/arch...ements.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

Being one of the only gamer girls among my friends, this could get quite awkward.[/QUOTE]

HAHA! Same here...might be fun to have all my guy gamer friends trying to compete to get me to marry them!! haha

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Real guys play as female characters. :)

Btw, does anyone who preordered on Amazon have their code yet for the NPC creator? When are we supposed to get those?[/QUOTE]

I wrote them an email about it awhile ago and they said they will be sending out the codes within 10 days before the game releases. Can't wait! :)

[quote name='super_dawn']I wrote them an email about it awhile ago and they said they will be sending out the codes within 10 days before the game releases. Can't wait! :)[/QUOTE]
Awesome, thanks for the info.

Just over a month away!

[quote name='utopianmachine']http://gameinformer.com/b/news/arch...ements.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

Being one of the only gamer girls among my friends, this could get quite awkward.[/QUOTE]

Oh my holy fail is this going to be hilarious. Almost as funny as convincing one of my single friends to let her FL know she was off the market then losing half the list the next day. Not sure if I'm going to bother with this myself. I remember how irritating maintaining a family was in Fable 2. Nothing my character did was ever good enough unless it involved cold hard coin in copious amounts. So one day I had him arrange a little 'accident' for his gold digging jobless spouse leaving his ungrateful brats orphaned for the remainder of the game. The most rewarding decision available by far in an otherwise snore fest of a game.

Just finished paying off my pre-order for the collector's edition. This comes out only 2 days before my wedding though. Probably won't get much time with it til after the honeymoon(though the soon to be wife wants us to bring the 360 along, it's technically her wedding present).

I am an achievement whore but the prospect of losing gold during a divorce isn't exactly appealing. If I can find someone on the first week of launch then I'm game as neither of us should be terribly wealthy. If I can't then I'll pass. I mean it's only 10 - 20 points anyway.

I'm more interested in the "what is/what ifs" of the co-op business venture. I wouldn't mind having access to discounted/free weaponry or easy money from running an inn while adventuring. I just hope this Fable lives up to the hype. I could always use another RPG worth playing in my library.

I know that there will be online co-op, but I'm wondering if it'll have local co-op. Lots of games are starting to wander away from this.

[quote name='jab1235']... replayed fable 2 and finished up some of the achievements.[/QUOTE]

I've been doing that too. I also bought the first Fable to play on my 360, & I think it's pretty fun, even with the game being 5 yrs old.

Don't know if this has been asked or answered. Do any of you think somewhere down the line, Lionhead or Microsoft will offer the DLC included with the CE for non-CE owners?

So, is there an "awkward CAG Fable 3 Love-Making & Achievement trading thread" started yet? All I know is that I"m starting a 2nd, evil, character to go around humping people on xbox live. I need to keep one "clean" playthrough.

I hope they let you keep seperate files this time. That was a bitch with Fable 2.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I am seriously rolling a female character just so I can demand gold in exchange for helping people with achievements. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Ahh... make a little extra on the side while mitigating any possible loss from the divorce. You sir are an extraordinary gentlemen though I wish I had thought of this sooner myself. Just make sure you make them the host since apparently they are the ones stuck with the kid after you've part company.

Virtual pimpage... who would have ever thought it were possible? LOL.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I am seriously rolling a female character just so I can demand gold in exchange for helping people with achievements. :cool:[/QUOTE]

HA! That's classic. You's a manwhore!

Seriously, this is the kind of whacked out crap that makes Molyneux a genius. It can be considered social engineering if you think about it.

Good idea. I would have played a female character regardless, but now I know how to get extra money ^^

i heard something about a weapon buying online system will be taken out in fable 3. ive never heard of this system but could i load up fable 2 and buy custom weapons or something?

[quote name='timesplitt']i heard something about a weapon buying online system will be taken out in fable 3. ive never heard of this system but could i load up fable 2 and buy custom weapons or something?[/QUOTE]

No it was going to be a Fable first..... Basically like a Forza Auction House. So you can sell your weapons...

This prolly won't be the first thing stripped from Fable 3.... Every week they will let us know what else is not making it into the game....

Just read the preview in the latest OXM. Looks so good. I can't wait to jump back into Fable. Co-op sounds much improved and their description of how they've completely redone how you gain and spend experience points seems really cool.

Also, the new menu system (or lack thereof) looks much better.

sorry to get off topic but is there anyone around still that has the doll set for fable 2? because i actually still need all of them and the co-op ones. If you have the time to help me please pm me. Thanks everybody

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']sorry to get off topic but is there anyone around still that has the doll set for fable 2? because i actually still need all of them and the co-op ones. If you have the time to help me please pm me. Thanks everybody[/QUOTE]
I need them too lolz.

I really wanted to get the LE but they didn't make it worth my while :( . I have no use for a coin, a deck of cards, and I only sorta want the boxer code.I would much rather see some exclusive dlc, an artbook, or a dvd.THAT would be worth $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
So where is the best place to get Fable III LE?

Walmart has an exclusive weapon and tattoo.
Gamestop has an exclusive weapon and tattoo.
Best Buy has ???

I'm leaning towards Gamestop since I have some credit to put towards it, cushioning the blow on my wallet.

[quote name='HydroX']So where is the best place to get Fable III LE?

Walmart has an exclusive weapon and tattoo.
Gamestop has an exclusive weapon and tattoo.
Best Buy has ???

I'm leaning towards Gamestop since I have some credit to put towards it, cushioning the blow on my wallet.[/QUOTE]

walmart has said only the standard edition will get their exclusive weapon and tattoo, if you spend more on the LE you wont get it.

Amazon has a $20 game credit. I'm guessing that the codes for the various weapons and tattoos will be available on eBay after the fact for less than $20, if you still feel like you want them.

[quote name='reddjoey']Amazon has:
$20 toward future purchase
Tattoo and Hammer
"Exclusive" quest
Village Maker
1000 gold[/QUOTE]

Amazon took $85 from Gamestop by extending the $20 credit to the limited edition. I had it preordered at GS, but switched when they added that $20 credit. The exclusive weapon and tat are icing on the cake.

Anyone interested in the soundtrack? I don't know what to expect. The soundtrack for Fable 2 was great, but not really "listenable" on it's own.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Amazon took $85 from Gamestop by extending the $20 credit to the limited edition. I had it preordered at GS, but switched when they added that $20 credit. The exclusive weapon and tat are icing on the cake.

Anyone interested in the soundtrack? I don't know what to expect. The soundtrack for Fable 2 was great, but not really "listenable" on it's own.[/QUOTE]

Yea I didn't know they added the $20 credit towards the LE now!! uhoh...when I pre-ordered the standard I had already used $20 in game credit from S Mario Galaxy 2 that I had towards fable....if I switch, I'll probably lose that, right?! Is it even worth it to get the LE? It's just a pack of cards and a coin, right?

The LE comes with the cards and coin, but the real interesting stuff is the exclusive DLC..........exclusive quest, weapon, clothes and dog breed. Might not seem like a big deal, but this is Fable 3! Any additional playable content is a "must buy" in my book.

[quote name='shosh']so how is the online gonna work? its it gonna be like fable 2 where its totally lame as hell[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem so, it sounds like they are working to make online co-op much more interactive and interesting, not to mention more...intimate. :rofl:

Yeah, Amazon's getting my money for the LE with the $20 credit option.

And that TV ad is fucking awesome. The Black Angels = great choice for the music.

[quote name='reddjoey']Amazon has:
$20 toward future purchase
Tattoo and Hammer
"Exclusive" quest
Village Maker
1000 gold[/QUOTE]

Isn't the exclusive quest the one you get from Village Maker? I heard you get a quest from the character that you create.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']The LE comes with the cards and coin, but the real interesting stuff is the exclusive DLC..........exclusive quest, weapon, clothes and dog breed. Might not seem like a big deal, but this is Fable 3! Any additional playable content is a "must buy" in my book.[/QUOTE]

yea the extra dlc makes it cool... I sent an email to amazon to see how I can go about switching my pre-order since I don't want to lose the $20 in promo credit I had used.

[quote name='GenPirate']Isn't the exclusive quest the one you get from Village Maker? I heard you get a quest from the character that you create.[/QUOTE]

yea...but with the limited edition there is also another area you can unlock.

I think I still have a set of dolls. I'd love to get the demon doors achievement, so if anyone has the other ones I might hope on and do a swap.

I pre'd the regular edition, since I dont care so much for LEs. I'll probably regret it when LE prices go way up like Fable 2. I got it for $40 after discount though.

Fable experts..I need some advice..

I want to know if I can just jump into this game and not be too lost with the plot from the other two games.

I've played the other two games but not too completion and this one looks like it has more action so I would like to give it a try..

any advice is appreciated

Kevin

[quote name='kevgret']Fable experts..I need some advice..

I want to know if I can just jump into this game and not be too lost with the plot from the other two games.

I've played the other two games but not too completion and this one looks like it has more action so I would like to give it a try..

any advice is appreciated

Kevin[/QUOTE]
the plots aren't connected so you'll be good.
i guess you didn't get the free fable 2

I don't know....I think Fable 2 is not *required* but it sure as hell would make what's going on in Fable 3 that much more personal or meaningful. I look at the new King and think "that's the little gypsy-kid I used to bring dolls and toys to in-game. Now he's a tyrant. WTH??!!" At least my second-born will do me proud! HA!

I haven't played Fable 1, though, and I'd like to go back and do that since I now know that Theresa is the F1 hero's aunt, and she's 500 years old. Which makes her the hero from Fable 3's great great great great great aunt....or something. Anyway, I hear people talk about this Jack of Blades and stuff and it sounds interesting. I might have to get it off of XBL.

bread's done
Back