Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

[quote name='Hell Monkey']It was on sale about 3 weeks ago. They had an ad on XBL about "Get ready for sequals' or something. If you clicked on it it took you to all the DLC for Assassin's Creed 2, Fable 2, Force Unleashed, and Fallout 3 and they were all 25-50% off. I got the Hoth and Tattooine backs for 400 points each instead of 800 during it.[/QUOTE]

Really? Darn probably very little chance of that happening again before release.

So it seems to load-- and I've tried this on two different computers, on IE, Firefox, and Chrome on each one-- and then I try to press the "redeem" or the "start designing" button, and it makes the little sound effect, but doesn't go on to the next thing. It's driving me nuts.

IE gives these error codes to account for things not working:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:16:36 UTC

Line: 101
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: (redacted because I can't post URL's)

Line: 12
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: (redacted because I can't post URL's)​

If anyone else has encountered this and figured out how to fix it, I'm all ears. This is seriously annoying.

[quote name='adriley313']According to this article from Yahoo! you can play as a gay guy.
Hooray.[/QUOTE]
Could you only marry the opposite sex in II?

Question for the room though. I preordered and have my Fable 3 LE almost paid for at gamestop and I still have got my village maker code yet. is there a problem or gamestop doesn't do that preorder?

I think that brick-and-mortar stores are supposed to give you your code when you pick up the game, you only get the code early if you preordered online.

Not like it works anyway. :lol:

Hey, my fiancee told me that she heard that if you play co-op you can marry each other, does anyone know if that's true? I can't find a definitive no or yes anywhere.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hey, my fiancee told me that she heard that if you play co-op you can marry each other, does anyone know if that's true? I can't find a definitive no or yes anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can, since you can use your own characters in this game and not some henchman character.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hey, my fiancee told me that she heard that if you play co-op you can marry each other, does anyone know if that's true? I can't find a definitive no or yes anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. There is an achievement for marrying another player and an achievement for having a baby with them.

However i'm not sure whether it has to be over Xbox Live or whether you can do it for same screen co-op as well.

I got my code when I made the pre-order, in store. They have a promotion code, and can hand them out at will. The manager did it for quite a few people down here.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']Question for the room though. I preordered and have my Fable 3 LE almost paid for at gamestop and I still have got my village maker code yet. is there a problem or gamestop doesn't do that preorder?[/QUOTE]

I think you only get the code if you pre-order it in full.

Also for people trying to activate their codes try doing it with Internet Explorer.
I think that might help the problem.
Try it out.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm pretty sure you can, since you can use your own characters in this game and not some henchman character.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Yes you can. There is an achievement for marrying another player and an achievement for having a baby with them.

However i'm not sure whether it has to be over Xbox Live or whether you can do it for same screen co-op as well.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, a lot! I'll probably be picking up a couple of copies at launch or sometime around Christmas now :D

I preordered at gamestop and got my code on a separate "receipt" print out. Can't remember if I paid in full or not. Either way, I cancelled that preorder and then ordered from Amazon for the $20 credit. And got another code.

[quote name='adriley313']Also for people trying to activate their codes try doing it with Internet Explorer.[/QUOTE]I just got done redeem my code in full with Firefox... So, it can be done. :)

Just make sure you have Silverlight installed.

Have you guys seen what the preorder codes and the LE content DLC is going for on ebay?

I usually sell DLC because 9 times out of 10, I pay for the game and then some. But, I can't part with the DLC for this game. One guy has the LE content on ebay for $66 and some time to go. Very tempting, but I just can't sell the DLC for this game. Not Fable. I can sell the amazon preorder codes, though. If they fetch enough. I figured the gamestop codes would be the easiest to get, but even those are going for up to $36. Just insane, I tells ya.

Oh, I hadn't seen this mentioned before.....the guide comes with a code for a tattoo. Don't know if it's both the LE and regular guide or what, though.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Have you guys seen what the preorder codes and the LE content DLC is going for on eBay?[/quote]

I never look I just redeem. I figure part, if not most, of the reason why I pick up a LE is for that DLC...

Hell, I still have my ME2 LE DLC code unredeemed because I happened to catch all of the ME2 preorder DLC when MS put it up incorrectly and it was all free for a few hours.

but, yeah, that is insane... (but every game has been like this of late) I wonder what someone would have to spend to have all the preorder bonus, LE game, LE guide, etc.

I also wonder how long it will go before publishers realize that there are allot of people would pay an extra 10 (or more) bucks for a version of a game that included all preorder DLC.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Oh, I hadn't seen this mentioned before.....the guide comes with a code for a tattoo. Don't know if it's both the LE and regular guide or what, though.[/QUOTE]
Guide? Strategy Guide? LE or both? (Not that I'm too worried about a tattoo that I won't use...)

Also has anyone seen pictures of the LE clothing? Real curious to how they look...

Ok everytime I try the villager creator I get the same result, nothing. Been trying it with Firefox instead of Chrome and I'm signed into xbox.com but I get this where the redeem code part is:
Sign into Windows Live ID with the account linked to your gamertag in order to save your character to Fable III.
Beware, would-be-designers! Should you choose to wait until the end to sign in, you'll have to start the creation process all over again.
Augh, also if I click on the Start Design button nothing happens.

nm, it worked over at lionhead.com with Firefox.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spybreak8']Ok everytime I try the villager creator I get the same result, nothing. Been trying it with Firefox instead of Chrome and I'm signed into xbox.com but I get this where the redeem code part is:
Augh, also if I click on the Start Design button nothing happens.

nm, it worked over at lionhead.com with Firefox.[/QUOTE]
it's been broken for a few days, i think they were/are fixing it.

uuugh. so i go to try my code again, but it says that my villager I made went through and the code has been used. Should be great, buut the stats are so wrong! Not what I created at all. :(

[quote name='super_dawn']uuugh. so i go to try my code again, but it says that my villager I made went through and the code has been used. Should be great, buut the stats are so wrong! Not what I created at all. :([/QUOTE]

You're right, I just looked at mine and its not even close to be what I had chosen to save...

It looks like one of the discarded builds I had made before. :(

Did it change the stats to cowardly, neutral, and wealthy? That's what it did to mine, and I have some hope that the real stats I picked are still there, but for some reason it's just displaying the "default" values when you view it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Did it change the stats to cowardly, neutral, and wealthy? That's what it did to mine, and I have some hope that the real stats I picked are still there, but for some reason it's just displaying the "default" values when you view it.[/QUOTE]
Wow, something whacked is going on... I just went and looked again and its back the way I remember it so maybe Super Dawn should look again too. (and you too.)

Nope, my villager is still messed up-- although since the last time I checked, she's changed from bisexual to interested in women only. :p

Free Weapons Pack up for Download

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]In-game content. Communication is very important in Fable III, and what better way to communicate with the world than to bash it in the head with the new hammer, Bloodstone Bludgeon, and shoot it in the face with the brand new rifle, Gusket's Musket? These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when weapons are unlocked in the storyline.[/FONT]

[quote name='Goodbyemrcool']Free Weapons Pack up for Download

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]In-game content. Communication is very important in Fable III, and what better way to communicate with the world than to bash it in the head with the new hammer, Bloodstone Bludgeon, and shoot it in the face with the brand new rifle, Gusket's Musket? These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when weapons are unlocked in the storyline.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

cool :D

I am almost finished with Fallout NV and cant wait for Fable III !

I haven't kept close to details regarding this game, I was just going to buy it based on the fact that I loved Fable II.

The one question I have is the co-op...does anyone know if anything is changing from Fable II on how co-op works?

[quote name='Goodbyemrcool']Free Weapons Pack up for Download

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]In-game content. Communication is very important in Fable III, and what better way to communicate with the world than to bash it in the head with the new hammer, Bloodstone Bludgeon, and shoot it in the face with the brand new rifle, Gusket's Musket? These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when weapons are unlocked in the storyline.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Sexy. I heard the standard edition is going to have a download code for weapons and armor as well. I hope that's true.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I haven't kept close to details regarding this game, I was just going to buy it based on the fact that I loved Fable II.

The one question I have is the co-op...does anyone know if anything is changing from Fable II on how co-op works?[/QUOTE]

It's changing to how it should have been in the beginning. You have your character, your dog, and your own screen. Trying to move between zones notifies the other, similar to how Borderlands did it. I think you continue to share gold, followers, and the like. You can also marry and have kids with your coop partner.

There are other little things, like having a "business partnership," but I don't know much about that.

[quote name='Razzuel']Does it bother anyone else that there haven't been any reviews of Fable III yet?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like the last two weeks (Medal of Honor and Fallout) the reviews have come out on release day and been less than flattering.

so im looking through the achievements list and it looks like you have to find 50 legendary weapons, not all of them available in your game? thats gonna be a real pain in the ass. will there be a group set up like the last time with the dolls?

also anyone looking to get gay married? (IRL, not in game lol, assuming its mostly dudes in here)

[quote name='Razzuel']Does it bother anyone else that there haven't been any reviews of Fable III yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope! (though only because I'm not paying full price for it tomorrow)

Well, Gamestop lost my sale when they removed the LE from the website last week. I was amped to get it from them, but F that noise.

Now I'll probably just wait for a price drop, or trade for it. So those of you who bought the LE and decide you don't like it, let me know. ;) lol

Not really. More and more big name games are adopting the policy of no reviews until release day. Even recent ones that turned out great (Starcraft II and Red Dead Redemption come to mind).

I imagine this will fit nicely into the 85-92 range on Metacritic.

Can't wait to get my hands on it tomorrow. This and Undead Nightmare for RDR will be great.

My limited edition from Amazon with release date shipping still has not shipped yet. I did a live chat with C/S, and they said it shows out of stock. I said how the hell is it out of stock when I ordered it a month ago with release date delivery??!! Guy said to give it till tomorrow. Any else order from Amazon and have their order shipped?

[quote name='Conboy']My limited edition from Amazon with release date shipping still has not shipped yet. I did a live chat with C/S, and they said it shows out of stock. I said how the hell is it out of stock when I ordered it a month ago with release date delivery??!! Guy said to give it till tomorrow. Any else order from Amazon and have their order shipped?[/QUOTE]
I ordered the LE on 10/15 with Prime release date delivery and mine shipped earlier today...

Got 3 copies preordered at Best Buy. 2 for friends, so I'm getting it for like 38 with the tax. Just sold one of the preorder DLCs for 36 :)
Still got 1 left to sell. Just felt like sharing.. anyways, anyone know why people are paying so much for them?

Has anybody NOT gotten their villager creator code from amazon? My order has shipped but I have yet to get my code

[quote name='mgoody69']Has anybody NOT gotten their villager creator code from amazon? My order has shipped but I have yet to get my code[/QUOTE]

I believe they sent out the codes around a week ago. At least that's when I got mine. Send them an email if they didn't send you one.

bread's done
Back