Far Cry and Open Season for Wii $20 each at Gamestop

[quote name='hollowfreak']use spell check function :roll:[/quote]

While we're playing grammar nazi, you forgot to capitalize the "U" and use ending punctuation.

:roll:

[quote name='fshaia']J&R Music and Computer World Has these for $20, but if you are a first time user of google checkout you get $10 off, with slow shipping, it is a little over $12. I guess you could use them for trade next time a 2 for 1 offer is around.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to you and the ultra cheap price, I caved in. Got it for $13 shipped which is saving me $7 and theres no tax to boot, so you saved me about $8.20. I might even save $5 if I manage to get this pricegrabber rebate under control (which is still available btw, only one review has been posted so theres 48 eligible rebates out there or so, not counting the people who are in process posting a review).

So for some time this game can be bad for $8 as long as your willing to write a review and go through the pricegrabber process and use googlecheckout.

You realize that Far Cry and Open Season could be added to the exclusion list on the trade 2 get 1 at any point, right?

[quote name='Superstar7']This is a great price drop, even though the games are beat... Hopefully we may see other titles join the league.[/quote]

I hope chicken little for the wii drops to $20. That seems like the only "kiddie game" worth getting.

These games are $20 for a reason; trade fodder. :p Best to take advantage of the Trade 2, Get One Free deal for Wii games. Sonic and Super Paper Mario, here I come.

Wow great deal at J & R I think I am gonna have to cave in on google orders of Far Cry and Open Season...seems to be a long process to do the price grabber rebate though...Id love to save another $10...:cool:

Edit:
[quote name='garfep']For anyone taking advantage of that $12.94 price from J&R, keep in mind that Far Cry and Open Season for Wii are each worth $21.75 in cash ($26.10 in credit) at FYE.[/quote]
On a sidenote with $52.20 in credit -$26 (price of buying w/o price grabber rebate)=$26 ish profit you could use that to buy pokemon ds when it comes out at a loss of around $8 not bad at all

This is cool.. I have 2 games (Monkey Ball & Elebits) which I'm gonna turn into Super Paper Mario next week :)

But maybe I'll go pick up used copies of this game.. I want Cooking Mama. I just don't want to pay full price. If I can get my BF to buy one of the $18 games..and me buy the other..and just trade that in.. Cooking Mama = $18 :)

I bit, except I bought from J&R because they were cheaper and the good ol' $10 off GCO. Then a PriceGrabber rebate for FarCry so I save $5... So, I'm planning on paying a mere $26 for Paper Mario or possibly Cooking Mama (depends on if my sister is intent on still getting Cooking Mama). Thank you for the posts, CAGers. This is how to make the GS/EB deal worthwhile.

Picked up both from BB for 30 as they are both marked 19.99 there now as well... SPM here I come...

With that and the new copy of Warioware SM I got for trading in 50 penny guides, I think Ive dont pretty well with the buyout of Rhino leaving me less options on cheap new games

[quote name='ihadFG']I hope chicken little for the wii drops to $20. That seems like the only "kiddie game" worth getting.[/quote]
Picked Chicken Little up at Target in NE Oh last week for $19.99,YMMV

So both have officially dropped in price everywhere? I decided not to grab either from BB after seeing they still had their $30+ price tags still attached.

They do seem to have dropped pretty universally...I just ordered them for 38.98 total (already used GCO discount multiple times and didn't feel like screwing with it). Now to decide what to trade in on, I already preordered SPM for 41.xx. and of course to hope they don't decide to add some fine print to the promo given the price drop and the massive numbers of the games they're likely to be getting in.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']While we're playing grammar nazi, you forgot to capitalize the "U" and use ending punctuation.

:roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry. I was playing Spelling Nazi. I thought you had Grammar Nazi covered, although it seems I was wrong because you forgot to capitalize the “G” and the “N”.

:roll:

[quote name='hollowfreak']I'm sorry. I was playing Spelling Nazi. I thought you had Grammar Nazi covered, although it seems I was wrong because you forgot to capitalize the “G” and the “N”.

:roll:[/quote]

:rofl:Owned!

wow. i picked up Far Cry, and returned it the next day. i thought i would give it a shot. even with all the bad things said about it, i had to test it for myself.

worst $5 i have ever spent.

[quote name='biggyfries']wow. i picked up Far Cry, and returned it the next day. i thought i would give it a shot. even with all the bad things said about it, i had to test it for myself.

worst $5 i have ever spent.[/QUOTE]

I really don't understand the hate this game gets.. the controls are good, the levels are taken right from the xbox game. The bad points are the graphics (which are pretty easily ignored, they're bad, but functional) and the AI is stupid.

It's some mindless run around and shoot guys on an island until you trade it in for SPM at a discount.. what's not to like?

[quote name='dtcarson']They do seem to have dropped pretty universally...I just ordered them for 38.98 total (already used GCO discount multiple times and didn't feel like screwing with it). Now to decide what to trade in on, I already preordered SPM for 41.xx. and of course to hope they don't decide to add some fine print to the promo given the price drop and the massive numbers of the games they're likely to be getting in.[/quote]

Yea, Far Cry seems to be dropping everywhere, I saw it at Walmart yesterday for $19.99, at least thats what the tag in front of it said.

[quote name='SoulReaver']You guys think they'll let me do this:

Buy two of the $20 games
Trade in for $50 game
Return the $50 game for a $10 profit.[/QUOTE]
No, of course not.

[quote name='SoulReaver']You guys think they'll let me do this:

Buy two of the $20 games
Trade in for $50 game
Return the $50 game for a $10 profit.[/quote]If they do, it will be $50 in store credit. If that's worth it to you, go for it.

Price drop on J&R to 18.99$.

This, plus the 2.95$ shipping, minus the 10$ GCO promotion equals...

$11.94 SHIPPED

Weeoo, a $23.88 copy of Super Paper Mario at GameStop!

[quote name='botticus']If they do, it will be $50 in store credit. If that's worth it to you, go for it.[/quote] Wouldn't they have to give me back cash, as I would return the $50 game sealed?

They dont give you cash when you trade in games then return the newly owned game. If that was the case they wouldnt be getting away with giving 20% less for cash trade ins. Everyone would just get credit then buy a game for that amount...then return it. Doesnt work.:bouncy:

picked up a copy of Open Season to go with Far Cry, I'll be going back tomorrow to trade it back in. Anyone had any issues with doing this?

[quote name='SoulReaver']Wouldn't they have to give me back cash, as I would return the $50 game sealed?[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, since you spent no cash with them. They could treat it like a gift card and give you credit back.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Wouldn't they have to give me back cash, as I would return the $50 game sealed?[/QUOTE]

are you on crack? they're not gonna give you back $50 in cash. it says right there on you receipt what games you traded in and whether you paid for you $50 game with store credit vs. cash/credit card/check. good god

oh ya and thanks for the deal bought 2x open season and 2x far cry from amazon, i think my virtual debit card glitched or something because i got a email from paypal saying i made a purchase of a dollar with my virtual debit card....hmm

unless the payment doesnt show up right away

[quote name='Tsukento']So both have officially dropped in price everywhere? I decided not to grab either from BB after seeing they still had their $30+ price tags still attached.[/quote]

Saw Far Cry labeled $19.99 at my BB this morning. You should have them scan it next time.

If you have Targets, check for Wii clearance games. Yesterday was probably the final clearance for most of the clearanced Wii titles. I picked up 4 copies of the Ant Bully for $7.48 each and was able to preorder Super Paper Mario and Mario PArty 8 and still get $1.40 back from Gamestop because you get an additional 10% if you trade towards a preorder.

[quote name='mephitical']If you have Targets, check for Wii clearance games. Yesterday was probably the final clearance for most of the clearanced Wii titles. I picked up 4 copies of the Ant Bully for $7.48 each and was able to preorder Super Paper Mario and Mario PArty 8 and still get $1.40 back from Gamestop because you get an additional 10% if you trade towards a preorder.[/QUOTE]

Surprised they let you trade 4 copies of the same game. You definitely got lucky there. :applause:

I know - I was waiting for the clerk to say something so I could make a stink about the email I got from them and their website having no such conditions, but he didn't even hesitate.

I thought of something for anyone who wants a white case for Wii Sports. When you go to trade in the two wii games at GS/EB, put one of them in a black case and keep the wii case for Wii Sports. :D

The dollar thing was probably the temporary validation check. Gameznflix did that for mine as well.

* Can you do this 2 for 1 tradein deal on preorders? I got FC and OS today at EB for 17.99x2 -10% plus tax and would like to trade them in for Super mario galaxy (of course that's way down the road.) I already have SPM preordered for 41.xx.
* Can you trade in the same games multiple times (in different transactions?) I ordered OS and FS yesterday from Amazon and got the used copies in-store today, so I'd like to trade them in as well when they come in.
* What's worth getting? Cooking Mama sounds like a rental, and I've rented Wario for a month from GnF so that's been beaten. Sonic? Didnt' really like Rayman, and not interested in fighting games. Mario Party?

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']How fast is J&R with their shipping? I want to get in the trade-in deal before it expires.[/quote]

I ordered on Thursday, and it got to me Monday, and I live in CA ! and they are in N.Y. ! I just went down and traded far cry and open season for a pre-order on Super paper Mario. They guy at gamestop said "you are gettting a great deal, these are only showing $5 trade in value on the computer"

Good deal !

[quote name='dtcarson']The dollar thing was probably the temporary validation check. Gameznflix did that for mine as well.

* Can you do this 2 for 1 tradein deal on preorders? I got FC and OS today at EB for 17.99x2 -10% plus tax and would like to trade them in for Super mario galaxy (of course that's way down the road.) I already have SPM preordered for 41.xx.
* Can you trade in the same games multiple times (in different transactions?) I ordered OS and FS yesterday from Amazon and got the used copies in-store today, so I'd like to trade them in as well when they come in.
* What's worth getting? Cooking Mama sounds like a rental, and I've rented Wario for a month from GnF so that's been beaten. Sonic? Didnt' really like Rayman, and not interested in fighting games. Mario Party?[/quote]

I did both of your first two questions, all in the same transaction. It all depends on the staff member though (which you'll hear again and again).

For the third point - the Godfather is amazing. Very deep and stylish, and it doesn't feel as thrown together and classless like GTA.

[quote name='mephitical']If you have Targets, check for Wii clearance games. Yesterday was probably the final clearance for most of the clearanced Wii titles. I picked up 4 copies of the Ant Bully for $7.48 each and was able to preorder Super Paper Mario and Mario PArty 8 and still get $1.40 back from Gamestop because you get an additional 10% if you trade towards a preorder.[/QUOTE]

No kidding - lucky on THREE accounts there. First, finding a Target with the Wii games on clearance (I've checked 6 or 7 and only 1 has any Wii games on clearance and they only had Chicken Little and Barnyard). Second, still finding Wii games when they are priced at $7.48. Most parents would snap those up well before they hit that price. Third, as someone else stated, getting GS to take 4 copies of the same game for a trade-in promo. You better watch out - might get hit by a bus or something to counterbalance all that good luck ;).

Well, I had pretty good luck with this today too. I traded in copies of Far Cry and Open Season, and the managers had some hassle about adjusting the trade in values. The main manager said something like "Look at the values on those, that can't be right!" but eventually I got them to do $25 for each.

Best part was that the newbie cashier took my Edge card and gave me a $5 bonus on the $50 credit after paying off Paper Mario, and I used it towards a 1600 points card. Good bonus. I might re-buy them used and do it again for another Wii game like Metroid Prime 3, and another points card.

I may pick up these games when I'm out tonight. I just know they will probably institute some sort of restriction on those games before I can trade them though ;).

Edit - Bought 'em and traded 'em in at another store right away, preordered Mario Party 8 in full. :mrgreen:

Also note that they have a very limited selection of Wii games you can preorder. I would have done Metroid or Mario Galaxy if I could have but it wasn't listed in their book. They may have more in the computer though. You couls always pick Mario Party and then change it to something else in a month or two.

i picked up open season at best buy they had it for 19.99 used the ggc coupon and they gave it to me for 16.10

went to circuit city across the street they had far cry for 19.99 used the ggc coupon for 16.10 as well. i am happy that my cc pms coupons

Yay, the GCO went through for Far Cry. Now the question is, is it worth $12? I was planning to trade it with Open Season, but if its ok for $12, I might just buy another to keep. I did enjoy Red Steel.

bread's done
Back