Farcry 2/Prince of Persia/EndWar Price Drop @ GS - $39.99 (until 01/08/09)

wreckemtexastech

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
link

hey guys, the ps3 versions (and maybe 360 too) have dropped on these two super hot titles...

39.99 new
34.99 used

EXCELLENT deal on either, i was suprised to see both of them drop like this. anyhow, thought id share this w/ my fellow CAGs!

If you use the 10% coupon and edge, youre looking at ~28 bones!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew POP would drop pretty fast, not a fun game. My roommate was rigiht about this (the first time in his life he has been right about anything I think). I will get far cry 2 as I have fallout 3 but, no L4d or GOw2 :). As far as gaming being recession prooof your wrong (have you watched x-play)?

[quote name='IRHari']im still amazed that reviewers are eating PoP up, like its the next Ico/SotC (which I've seen reviewers compare it to...BLASPHEMY!). I found the same problems with it as tenchi; tedious/easy combat and non-challenging overall.

I really hope this game gets overlooked when its awards time.[/quote]

What is SotC?

wow what a quick drop to these games. I wonder if target will start to clearance these games, would love to pick up farcry 2 cheap.

[quote name='nightwarrior']i already bought POP last week during the B2G1 last week. i kinda wish that i waited. :([/quote]

return it... theyll take it back long as its not the free one on the receipt

Now we just have to wait to get both FC2 & POP as a bundle. Just like back in the day when they bundled SOT with Splinter Cell for the XBOX or they both drop to $20.

[quote name='saldogg']mercs2, pop, fc2 would be a nice way to spend $70 ($63 after edge) on 12/26 :)[/quote]

I agree. That's my goal.

i bought it on release day and it is still sealed, but it is the limited edition (that is all they had). i wonder if it is all the same. can someone post the upc number for the standard edition of the xbox 360 version of prince of persia?

that would be sweet to get $20 back. 1600 more ms points would be mine.

Wasn't Farcry 2 going to be dropped to that price after Christmas?

I mean, that's an awesome deal. I do want to pick that game up.

Prince of Persia really surprises me.

Far Cry's seen some price drops lately. But Prince of Persia just came out like 2 weeks ago. That is a very very fast price drop indeed.

[quote name='panasonic']any numbers out to show how poorly prince sold?[/quote]
PoP released this month. Decembers' NPD not until the second Thursday of January.

Bought it the other day from amazon for 40, glad I waited to find a deal if this is a permanent drop. Kinda makes it not a deal though, but I'm glad I got it, enjoying it either way

I got the LE on day 1 it is still sealed though because it is a gift. If I go to GS and return and rebuy will the LE be $39.99?

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']PoP released this month. Decembers' NPD not until the second Thursday of January.[/QUOTE]

VGChartz, a site that estimates show POP sold 150,893 copies in It's first week. IMHO that's not bad at all, but maybe the second week on it sold poorly or VGChartz over estimated which is also a possiblity.

I just hope we see another POP since it has a supposed cliff hanger ending and was supposed to run three parts.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']all the other stores still have it as $59.99 argh need to wait for bestbuy to drop their price so i can use my gc[/quote]
I PM'd GameStop last night at my BBY. No problems at all.

[quote name='rapsodist']Don't know why anyone would be surprised about the PoP price drop when the exact same thing happened to Sands of Time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i'm kinda scratching my head here, I guess people quickly forget just how stinking fast Sands of Time hit that 5-10 dollar level for a NEW copy. Some kind of miracle it still got a trilogy.

[quote name='coolsteel']Yeah i'm kinda scratching my head here, I guess people quickly forget just how stinking fast Sands of Time hit that 5-10 dollar level for a NEW copy. Some kind of miracle it still got a trilogy.[/QUOTE]

You have to remember that this is the fourth game in the series my good man:

Sands of Time
Warrior Within
The Two Thrones
Prince of Persia

[quote name='cdeener']You have to remember that this is the fourth game in the series my good man:

Sands of Time
Warrior Within
The Two Thrones
Prince of Persia[/QUOTE]

It isn't, new series within the same franchise. Otherwise you have to count the originals as well

are these literal price drops or are they sale prices ?

i just can't believe this, didn't PoP just come out?

-_-

[quote name='riddler']are these literal price drops or are they sale prices ?

i just can't believe this, didn't PoP just come out?

-_-[/quote]

Gamestop and Amazon both have it at the same price. Unless it's an advertised sale, Gamestop never lowers the price on new games unless it's a universal drop.

Just look at last year that Assassin's Creed, even though it sold well, was $30 by January.

[quote name='DomLando']I got the LE on day 1 it is still sealed though because it is a gift. If I go to GS and return and rebuy will the LE be $39.99?[/QUOTE]
i was in the same situation with the LE (although mine is not a gift) and i was able to return it and rebuy it in one transaction. i took the extra $20 and threw in another $20 to pick up far cry 2 as well. i think i might keep them both sealed a little longer just in case they drop the prices any more. i remember that beyond good and evil was officially dropped to $20 within 2 months.

I walked in to gamestop and asked for both farcry and pop, the girl got really upset that pop dropped because she has just bought it before the drop

live and learn..$63ish after edge for both games used for 360 is a killer deal

Pretty much every major release this year except for Gears 2 and Fable II have had a significant cut in price, at least for a limited time.

[quote name='DantheApe']I walked in to gamestop and asked for both farcry and pop, the girl got really upset that pop dropped because she has just bought it before the drop

live and learn..$63ish after edge for both games used for 360 is a killer deal[/quote]

used. hah.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']all the other stores still have it as $59.99 argh need to wait for bestbuy to drop their price so i can use my gc[/quote]

Just have them PriceMatch it. Take a print out to the register or have them look it up.

Anyone who bought it on day one should just go Pricematch it at the store they bought it from.
Or rebuy and return with the old receipt.

You should not be penalized for buying day 1 if it dropped this freakin' quick.

[quote name='NJMane']You should not be penalized for buying day 1 if it dropped this freakin' quick.[/QUOTE]

Well see, you aren't penalized really. You've had longer access to the game, been able to play with it while I haven't. That's why you bought it day 1. You wanted it more than I did. I chose to wait, therefore I was able to get it for a price I was willing to pay.

People who complain about price drops get under my skin. $60 is what you felt the game was worth when you paid for it. I felt that $35 used was the price point I was more than happy to buy at. I know that the game will eventually drop to the $20 area where more people will then purchase the game. Different people value their games at different rates.

No one held a gun to your head and said "buy it now!" (and if they did, where the fark do ya shop?) so don't complain when those of us who waited got a price we wanted. Buyer's remorse is just that...remorse. Your game didn't turn out being what you think a $60 game should be? Well you should have waited and read reviews and/or rented first.

that's my 2 coppers.

[quote name='DantheApe']Well see, you aren't penalized really. You've had longer access to the game, been able to play with it while I haven't. That's why you bought it day 1. You wanted it more than I did. I chose to wait, therefore I was able to get it for a price I was willing to pay.

People who complain about price drops get under my skin. $60 is what you felt the game was worth when you paid for it. I felt that $35 used was the price point I was more than happy to buy at. I know that the game will eventually drop to the $20 area where more people will then purchase the game. Different people value their games at different rates.

No one held a gun to your head and said "buy it now!" (and if they did, where the fark do ya shop?) so don't complain when those of us who waited got a price we wanted. Buyer's remorse is just that...remorse. Your game didn't turn out being what you think a $60 game should be? Well you should have waited and read reviews and/or rented first.

that's my 2 coppers.[/quote]
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='DantheApe']Well see, you aren't penalized really. You've had longer access to the game, been able to play with it while I haven't. That's why you bought it day 1. You wanted it more than I did. I chose to wait, therefore I was able to get it for a price I was willing to pay.

that's my 2 coppers.[/quote]TROOF!!! Oh man, I thought I was the only one who thought such crying was annoying. I bought Gears of War, Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 (last two on PC) on the days they dropped and watched them go on sale or get cheap used within 6 weeks, but oh well; you want to play early, you pays your money and takes your chances. No whining! Good things come to those who wait. I picked up the Halo 3 Legendary Edition when the price fell to $60. I felt a little bad for all the Halo chumps - Most. Overrated. Games. Evar! - killed each other to pay $130 at launch, but enjoyed getting the cat helmet (now wearing a plush antler headband) for the price of what just the game cost. Heh.

This is a crazy fast, even for Ubi. When Beyond Good & Evil came out to rapturous reviews and catastrophic sales, Ubi slashed the price from $50 to $20 in 5-6 weeks; really fast, but not this fast. Since nearly everyone loves BG&E, fire sale pricing isn't necessarily a sign of poor quality.

[quote name='DantheApe']I walked in to gamestop and asked for both farcry and pop, the girl got really upset that pop dropped because she has just bought it before the drop

live and learn..$63ish after edge for both games used for 360 is a killer deal[/QUOTE]

You should have waited a week longer and you could have gotten another game with those for free. Because they are having a B2G1 sale next week.

I hope this drop hits either Target or ToysRUs within the next week because I have a Gift Card to both that would knock the price down to either $20 at Target or $15 at ToysRUs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came back from my store in Hollywood, FL.

They still had the Limited Edition box in stock, and therefore I scored that for this new $40 price.

To top it off, I didn't even pay, it was a gift.

*cue happiness*

[quote name='TheHiei']I just came back from my store in Hollywood, FL.

They still had the Limited Edition box in stock, and therefore I scored that for this new $40 price.

*cue happiness*[/quote]
Lucky you. I live in a geek town where no suck luck exists.

wow, i am actually surprised people are finding Far Cr 2 used for $34.99? I pm'd a couple of GS close by in Arizona and they said that it was $54.99 used and the price I saw online was only a special price online. I took a print out to them and showed them but got shot down

[quote name='TheHiei']I just came back from my store in Hollywood, FL.

*cue happiness*[/QUOTE]

Yup, I was just about to post that I scored the LE too for the new price. I'm sure this has already been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but just in case, if they're checking the price make sure the hit the TOTAL button. Otherwise it still shows $59.99.

codeninja, I rarely get lucky on any deals, so I was surprised to stumble upon this.

But yeah, my Gamestop also had the Far Cry LE, or some "Gamestop" version marked down to forty also.

And yeah, the price didn't change until the guy hit the total button.

Yup, yup.

I rented Prince of Persia and I dont think its worth 39.99 , more like 20?
Game is too similar to Warrior Within. I do love the artwork tho.

Farcry 2 is too repetitive , but a funny game.

[quote name='zkitaN']I rented Prince of Persia and I dont think its worth 39.99 , more like 20?
Game is too similar to Warrior Within. I do love the artwork tho.

Farcry 2 is too repetitive , but a funny game.[/quote]

Hmm, I hated Warrior Within, even after forcing myself to finish it. Although, I'm confused a bit. In Warrior within it was easy to get lost, and it also had plenty of game ending glitches.
Others are saying that the new POP practically plays itself...

[quote name='dragonjud']Hmm, I hated Warrior Within, even after forcing myself to finish it. Although, I'm confused a bit. In Warrior within it was easy to get lost, and it also had plenty of game ending glitches.
Others are saying that the new POP practically plays itself...[/quote]

i really didn't like the controls for Warrior Within and didn't have a clue what i was doing at first.

probably died over 100 times? lol

Okay so I got Far Cry 2. And I am plannig to take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free offer next week. Any prefrence for a 360 game?

I will pick up Prince of Persia for $34.99 and Mercenaries for $34.99, what other game should I pick up for free? That is around $34.99.

End War has sold 260,000 (360) and 90,000 (PS3) since 6 week launch, Prince of Persia has sold 270,000 (360) and 160,000 (PS3) since 2 week launch, and Far Cry 2 has sold 400,000 (360) and 170,000 (PS3) since 8 week launch. These numbers are all based off American sales and came from VGchartz. The PS3 numbers are terrible. They needed a price drop bad.

bread's done
Back