FGT XXI is finally old enough to drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='AkariK']
Thanks for the cheap jab though.[/QUOTE]

Anytime!

[quote name='AkariK']
Basically, the concept of an anti-air shoryu leading into another shoryu, which then leads into a ground normal and a combo ender is just wild in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

The game has been out what, a day? Everyone is learning what this weird game is capable of.

Some of us here have years of playing Fighting Games competitively and are still shocked at the kind of things you can link/chain in this game.

Also from what you were trying to say earlier, your execution is fine but this new system is new/confusing. That makes more sense than what I read in your first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LostRoad']Will SFxT for the PC use GFWL?[/QUOTE]

Capcom did not say anything yet. =(

[quote name='asianxcore']Anytime![/QUOTE]

Jabs are so cheap, almost as cheap as throws. If you throw me I get to hit you. HEY! I said I get to hit you! You're cheating.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']GGs to kainzero earlier in the goof-fest known as SFxT.[/QUOTE]
hm? i played someone at work without knowing it?

better not let my boss find out!

Yeah, when I said it was whack, I meant the newfangled combo system. I guess since you misinterpreted it, I misinterpreted your response to indicate that I was the slow one for not picking it up immediately.

The Hori stick is sexy, but damn is it a fingerprint magnet... ugh.

Definitely digging Rolento alot after about another 45 minutes with the game tonight. Rolento / Heihachi currently.

Unfortunately between work and life, I probably won't get to play the game again until Sunday. Maybe some short spurts here or there.

So hard to quit Cammy. :(

So Far I'm liking Cammy/Nina/Law/Lili/Juri/Rolento. I still havent has a taste of the complete roster, but hopefully I'll be able to find my pair soon. Going to try out Cammy/Nina/Law at a local tournament tomorrow.

I'm digging Kaz. ^__^

Ryu is Chronicles of Ridiculousness. Super off of anything. Ex Donkey Kick > jab SRK > cr.MP > Super. is my favorite combo ender. ^__^

SFxT Chaos 4 life.

played some sfxt for the first time yesterday, kinda confusing, but i'm excited. it plays like some freaky combination of sfa3, sf4, and ttt2.

probably gonna stick with ling/juri. learning characters takes too much time nowadays.

since SRK turned to trash with SSF4, i'll probably use japanese websites now. some of this day 1 stuff is sick. juri has a 458 no gauge combo, definitely gotta learn some of these. It'll beat those 140 damage combos I was doing yesterday.

J.HK > C.HP > HK Senpuusha > C.HP < JC Dive kick > CL.HP > Fuhajin store
J.HK > C.HP > MK Senpuusha > S.LP > J.HP > Crouching MP > HK Senpuusha
J.HK > C.HP > JC Dive kick > C.HP > JC Dive kick > CL.HP > Fuhajin store

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm digging Kaz. ^__^

Ryu is Chronicles of Ridiculousness. Super off of anything. Ex Donkey Kick > jab SRK > cr.MP > Super. is my favorite combo ender. ^__^

SFxT Chaos 4 life.[/QUOTE]

Maaan, you were laughing at all the ways you could connect it last night. I wish Asuka's super was more useful in juggles, they always seem to fall out of it. =( I find myself having to rely on steve for super enders, his shit connects with zero problems. I just don't want to blow three bars to tag him in and super.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Recommend any other forum besides SRK? Those people can't edit an OP to save their lives..[/QUOTE]
at this point you can probably just watch streams/youtube and copy what they do. forums are so greasy and tell you almost nothing new anymore.

if you want stuff from japanese forums, let me know and i'll post it here, but i wouldn't be surprised if their stuff is older and less useful than the US stuff.

[quote name='kainzero']some of this day 1 stuff is sick. juri has a 458 no gauge combo,
[/QUOTE]

Doesn't surprise me it's so gross.

No FADC game mechanic= Juri being able to link of Fireball Stores. Ewwwwww

GGs to AkariK, sorry for only giving you 3 games, but it was already really late for me. As I'm posting this it's 4:06AM, lol. Anyway, good shit, I'm just sad you only saw my Hugo stuff. =\

option is a troll as always, but at least this time I got quite a few wins between all the losses. ggs distgfx and option.iv.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Watching the sxsw stream right now, dude called Urien "Urine" hahaha

it's funny cause that's another word for pee[/QUOTE]
this is what the fgc likes to call "hype"

man this game makes my head hurt =(

it looks so simple when they play but when i do it have to think about so much stuff.
i still need an anti-air for ling...

[quote name='kainzero']
i still need an anti-air for ling...[/QUOTE]

cr.hk with correct spacing? and you can charge dash cancel it for another cr.hk.

phoenix stance -> P also works

[quote name='distgfx']Yo, axc, how different is SFxT now compared to when you last played it?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully when I'm not so tired, I can answer this question haha

Part of me hopes this isn't true and part of me hopes it is. Damn you Capcom.

WEZqy.png

[quote name='asianxcore']I wish I could believe anything Capcom says anymore haha

I guess we'll wait and see how it all pans out.[/QUOTE]

April? April.

[quote name='distgfx']April? April.[/QUOTE]

To get back to your question about my time with the early-ish build at the UMVC3/SFxT vs. NorCal Event #1.

One of the biggest things I noticed they changed was how much meterless damage you could do with a Cross Rush (?). In the first build I played, you could do your simple chain to tag into your partner, have them do a meterless basic combo and you lost half of your life like that.

It's sort of the a similar situation now, but many characters don't get too much off of the tag unless they have meter.

I also noticed you build meter a whole lot faster in the final build. Whiffing Medium + Heavy Normals + Specials nets you meter in the game.

After playing for maybe 6 hours with a big group of friends at a session yesterday, I came to the realization that I just don't like this game.

It's not even the weird timing/execution to get used to, or the fact that it's a new game (been playing since World Warrior, so learning a new game isn't the issue), or it seems like the high/low/throw game is a little ridiculous in it, it's that whether I was winning cleanly or losing badly, I still wasn't having fun with the game.

[quote name='asianxcore']it's that whether I was winning cleanly or losing badly, I still wasn't having fun with the game.[/QUOTE]

Sounds a lot like SFIV for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back