FGT XXI is finally old enough to drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hankmecrankme']Also if there's any game to hate, it's the SFIV series.[/QUOTE]

That's a given, does it even need to be mentioned at this point?

[quote name='distgfx']That's a given, does it even need to be mentioned at this point?[/QUOTE]
Well, people like to hate on a game that's barely been out for a week while that turd has had over 3 years to fester.

I'm just option selecting the truth. :cool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Well, people like to hate on a game that's barely been out for a week while that turd has had over 3 years to fester.

I'm just option selecting the truth. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm going to buffer an entire argument into one sentence.

SFIV sucks.

[quote name='distgfx']I stand by my statement.[/QUOTE]

This further solidifies the truth that you have very very bloody knees and live in a town filled with smiling bald men only.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']This further solidifies the truth that you have very very bloody knees and live in a town filled with smiling bald men only.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it wasn't fun, just not as fun.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']This game is like, arcade Hokuto no Ken awesome.

They should've gpt Toki up in this bitch.[/QUOTE]

What about Rei?

[quote name='kainzero']welcome to tekken[/QUOTE]

its much different in a 2D plain though. plus no one has the retardly safe jabs that stuff a ton of shit (reminds me of Steve from T4 haha)

well, a lot of the stuff that leaves people safe usually leaves them right in front of you. a lot of the tekken characters have fast overheads so instead of thinking about auto-punishment, you start putting pressure on.
the lack of FADC uppercut also means that random reversal uppercuts can get punished hard.

[quote name='kainzero']well, a lot of the stuff that leaves people safe usually leaves them right in front of you. a lot of the tekken characters have fast overheads so instead of thinking about auto-punishment, you start putting pressure on.
the lack of FADC uppercut also means that random reversal uppercuts can get punished hard.[/QUOTE]

Preach it, my brother.

[quote name='kainzero']well, a lot of the stuff that leaves people safe usually leaves them right in front of you. a lot of the tekken characters have fast overheads so instead of thinking about auto-punishment, you start putting pressure on.
the lack of FADC uppercut also means that random reversal uppercuts can get punished hard.[/QUOTE]

if it is safe though, it doesn't become disadvantageous to be right in front of me. as for fast overheads, applying pressure using block strings is fine and dandy, but isn't especially significant. part of what I'm saying is that is goes both ways. i can apply pressure with rolento when i have a small frame advantage, sure. end it with the first hit of patriot circle, and we're back square one and will both do our darndest to safely attempt to apply pressure.

also, SRK's are fairly irrelevant in this game. truthfully, most AA is because of how safe jump ins are. i see so many trades, such little clean AA.

fun game still, dont get me wrong.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']also, SRK's are fairly irrelevant in this game. truthfully, most AA is because of how safe jump ins are. i see so many trades, such little clean AA.

fun game still, dont get me wrong.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you rather try to anti-air with a normal anyway in an attempt to counter-hit and get a combo?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']if it is safe though, it doesn't become disadvantageous to be right in front of me. as for fast overheads, applying pressure using block strings is fine and dandy, but isn't especially significant. part of what I'm saying is that is goes both ways. i can apply pressure with rolento when i have a small frame advantage, sure. end it with the first hit of patriot circle, and we're back square one and will both do our darndest to safely attempt to apply pressure.

also, SRK's are fairly irrelevant in this game. truthfully, most AA is because of how safe jump ins are. i see so many trades, such little clean AA.

fun game still, dont get me wrong.[/QUOTE]
well if you're -2 and right in front of me, if you press buttons and i jab, i win. (i don't know the frames on patriot circle, but a lot of the tekken characters are -2 on their safe strings.)
if you block, i can overhead or go low or jab (or throw) and repeat the overhead/low mixup. and since i'm ling, i get +frames on overhead so i can do more fun stuff.
or maybe i can do a string and a tag and force you to block crazy mixups. the options are just different in this game...

it also makes being in the corner brutal.

depending on the character i can clean AA some people with juri's c.hp, which gives me a JC'd hp. i can then tag to ling for roundhouse loop for 500 damage. off of an AA. with one meter.
my bro's been doing rocketeer (early jump attack to AA) with Bob to get a 300ish no gauge combo.
people who reversal DP in a blockstring can still get a bit of damage since they can juggle off of it.

blahblahblah this sounds so complicated

Man, grad school can suck dick... i have a huge backlog (huge as in like 4 games) but cant get to em... at least I got all of summer to catch up while i do bitchwork before evo

nooooooo!!! good news and bad news!!

the good news is, I found SFxT at the red box!!

the bad news is, the only reason I found it was coz I was sick, canceled my original plans, and thus had a change of route after work which jus so happened to bring me to a red box that had the game in stock!!

so as if my adult mentality doesnt already hate fighting games enough, I now cant help but always associate the next 2-3 days I spend with this game with the flu as well.

yo u remember SFxT?!?! yah I remember I was REALLY SICK!! fukk this game!![quote name='B:L']So Binary Domain is good? The premise seemed very interesting but it sounded like SEGA's take on Gears of War with a Ghost in the Shell/Bubblegum Crisis/Blade Runner type theme.[/QUOTE]maaaaaaaaaaan Binary Domain is so tite!!!

it's like Gears of War but u go around shooting robits.

and this one part there's these robits and u r like "wow these guys got heavy artillery"

and you squad mate is like "u think that's heavy artillery? THIS is heavy artillery!!"

and all he has is a pistol but it's OK coz he's doing all these backflips n shyt and punching robits in the FACE!!

it's so awesome!!!

man Im already bored of this game,

and what's worse is I cant play online coz stupid azz PS3 cant update over wifi >_<

1-2-3-lawn-chair fukk that SFxT makes me wanna play a good game like BlazBlue or KOF

[quote name='kainzero']well if you're -2 and right in front of me, if you press buttons and i jab, i win. (i don't know the frames on patriot circle, but a lot of the tekken characters are -2 on their safe strings.)
if you block, i can overhead or go low or jab (or throw) and repeat the overhead/low mixup. and since i'm ling, i get +frames on overhead so i can do more fun stuff.
or maybe i can do a string and a tag and force you to block crazy mixups. the options are just different in this game...

it also makes being in the corner brutal.

depending on the character i can clean AA some people with juri's c.hp, which gives me a JC'd hp. i can then tag to ling for roundhouse loop for 500 damage. off of an AA. with one meter.
my bro's been doing rocketeer (early jump attack to AA) with Bob to get a 300ish no gauge combo.
people who reversal DP in a blockstring can still get a bit of damage since they can juggle off of it.

blahblahblah this sounds so complicated[/QUOTE]

No way dude!

Those of us who play FGs competitively, all of that makes sense.

Not sure who figured it out first, but MarlinPie posted this on his YouTube page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz3a1ncx9PI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AS8...DvjVQa1PpcFMp7-EmdPiuQzL_8FVPaD9KmhmEVoRo1pY=

[quote name='JEKKI']1-2-3-lawn-chair fukk that SFxT makes me wanna play a good game like BlazBlue or KOF[/QUOTE]
combo into launcher is usually a pretty weak combo.
even if you combo into super you'll barely get 400 damage, which is expensive for two meters.

you can join all those people who thought mvc3 was lame on release and everyone had easy combos because everyone had an ABCS - SJ. ABCS combo.

[quote name='kainzero']combo into launcher is usually a pretty weak combo.
even if you combo into super you'll barely get 400 damage, which is expensive for two meters.

you can join all those people who thought mvc3 was lame on release and everyone had easy combos because everyone had an ABCS - SJ. ABCS combo.[/QUOTE]
Again, preach it.

Church of Kainzero in effect.

Pass the donation plate around.

I need to get my girlfriend to play video games over the summer while on road trips this summer. She's an outdoor type of girl, but I'd like to play something with her... thankfully she grew up a little on Mortal Kombat, so some blood might get her going... the hickeys are proof.

[quote name='kainzero']combo into launcher is usually a pretty weak combo.
even if you combo into super you'll barely get 400 damage, which is expensive for two meters.[/QUOTE]

That and it leaves the largest amount of "grey life" on your opponent. Definitely not the way you want to go with combos.

i get the feeling people are doing it because they're panicking a little and it's the easiest way to punish something jab-punishable.

i feel like the way poongko's been playing, that will be the way to go

If I don't feel like this while playing a fighter, it sucks

dunkparty02.png

but then again, fighters are awesome. So it dosn't suck.

[quote name='kainzero']you can join all those people who thought mvc3 was lame on release and everyone had easy combos because everyone had an ABCS - SJ. ABCS combo.[/QUOTE]yup, becoz I havent joined the ppl who straight up dont play MVC3 at all.

the difference between this game and Marvel is that Marvel gives u fun up front, it let's u do a lot of cool shyt without having to do any work or digging deep into the game.

SFxT? nope. aint nothing fun or rewarding about it after 20 minutes of play, which is all the chance I was willing to give it.

sfxt = sf versus time over?

man
it's only people are too scared of going in
they playing sf4 trying to out poke each other for 30 damage

i'm starting to understand this game. really liking it now.

[quote name='panzerfaust']fuck this uppercut execution nonsense i'm dropping kaz for sagat[/QUOTE]
as long as you don't drop ling it's all good

my ultimate goal is to find a CRT television in some public place and just plug in my set up and practice there. or invade one of my roomates' rooms and use theirs while they sleep. i don't think i can do lings's lp links into cr.hp any other way, too tight.

Sagat/Xiao does sound good, though.

[quote name='kainzero']sfxt = sf versus time over?

man
it's only people are too scared of going in
they playing sf4 trying to out poke each other for 30 damage
[/QUOTE]

^
This

Eventually when people get comfortable with the game, it'll be like UMVC3. One touch= 40-50% and force either you to fight to get that Launcher Tag, lose that character or risk hard tagging in the 2nd character and them getting blown up as well.

I might have found some inspiration to (possibly) start taking this game seriously last night, even for just a short while.

Yesterday night a friend of mine talked me into entering teams tournament at TNT: South, for AE 2012 and SF x T.

In SF x T, our last match before being knocked out, this team of Gief/Abel, ran out the clock for the longest time and then taunted us at the end of match. Then the guy had the silly minded nature to reach over and shake my hand.

I wanted to snap his fingers off, but instead thought, "Maybe I'll learn this game just so I can make those guys look like clown shoes the next time I see them".

What was funny is we took them to the final game even though myself and my friend do not practice SF x T at all :)

is it worth it to link ling jabs into c.hp? i thought the range would be a problem.
i need to practice more combos though... trying to figure out what's more damaging and consistent, c.mk x AOP P xx tag or c.mk x AOP P - s.mk - c.mk - qcf+p xx tag

from livedoor:
214中K→相手飛び越えて攻撃  が裏(中下も揺さぶれる)
214大K→相手飛び越えて棒立ち で表という簡単な見えない拓に

if you do ling's AOP qcb+mk on block and tag, then jump in, you get a cross up
if you do ling's AOP qcb+hk on block and tag, then jump in, you get an ambiguous situation

fun fun
i'm struggling against dive kick pressure though. man, what do to do against rufus...

[quote name='asianxcore']Eventually when people get comfortable with the game, it'll be like UMVC3. One touch= 40-50% and force either you to fight to get that Launcher Tag, lose that character or risk hard tagging in the 2nd character and them getting blown up as well.[/quote]
definitely. i'm figuring it out. launcher tags are okay but you get a lot of options with multi hit move 1-bar tags on block, you can do a lot of damaging combos off one bar, etc.
there's also all the frame data to learn... playing SF4 for so long, we forget how used to frame data we are.
i also see a lot of people leaving damage on the table. counter hit AA is super damaging in this game but a lot of people don't know what to do and just let them fall on the floor. people using 1 bar to throw an EX hadoken or something, what a waste...

[quote name='kainzero']definitely. i'm figuring it out. launcher tags are okay but you get a lot of options with multi hit move 1-bar tags on block, you can do a lot of damaging combos off one bar, etc.
there's also all the frame data to learn... playing SF4 for so long, we forget how used to frame data we are.
i also see a lot of people leaving damage on the table. counter hit AA is super damaging in this game but a lot of people don't know what to do and just let them fall on the floor. people using 1 bar to throw an EX hadoken or something, what a waste...[/QUOTE]

This man understands the game.

[quote name='kainzero']
i'm struggling against dive kick pressure though. man, what do to do against rufus...
[/QUOTE]

I was talking about that to some of my friends who were at TNT last night, mostly because one of them wanted me to main Rufus.

One said Ryu can still fight Rufus pretty well (he mains only Ryu in AE 2012)

The other said Rufus mirrors are fun because one Rufus always has the option of slowing down the matchup and not having to make it a Dive-Kick fest.

Who are you playing now? Xiao and ?

i've been sticking with ling and juri because i haven't had time to learn anybody else.

maybe i'll pick up steve and julia. i like the tekken characters, they seem more dynamic and fun... except for juri, because she has so much more fun easy stuff.

[quote name='panzerfaust']no, just can't hit the EWGF consistently:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a hard time doing that one, I've only been able to do two in a row so far. Hank and I think it's easier to do in Tekken than this. @_@

EWGF in Tekken is cake, in this I gotta figure out what I'm looking for in order to know that I got the E. version. Does the sound effect change? I likes that in Tekken.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']What's the trick to hitting Hugo's Cr. Jab, qcb+p, dp+k combo off the lariat?[/QUOTE]

I'm on my phone, so I'll answer both with this quote. Yes, the sound effect changes and so does the color.

What part of that Hugo combo are you having trouble with specifically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back