FGT XXI is finally old enough to drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='kainzero']i put in like 5-6 hours straight on saturday.[/QUOTE]this is why u're too busy to get ramen?!?!?!

also i forgot to mention, HUGE shoutouts to Rolento!!!

he hooked me up with two awesome Wolf of Victoria shirts, some sweet DOS games and my new keychain!

it's a frog that says Puerto Rico and his eyes pop out when you squeeze him! i'll post pics later if anyone is interested.

[quote name='JEKKI']this is why u're too busy to get ramen?!?!?![/QUOTE]
i went to a clippers game during the daytime.
and they only have ramen for lunch, remember?

i might be clear this saturday, i'll let you know.

it's obviously an effort to save time, and it's really unfair to the players as well as the game's image. upcoming players with a lot of talent are now suddenly forced to look in their surrounding area for players on their level, and of course, only the PS3 version allows for teams to practice online. the justin wong circle of players are really just going to steal the entire show.

2v2 mode is fun in casuals, but i dont feel it's a good team oriented game for a competitive event. the best team won't win, the best 2 players will - so we basically get a watered down interpretation of a 1v1 event. no hype for this game from the organizers, a real shame.

[quote name='JEKKI']real talk, I wish I was as rich as Manana.[/QUOTE]
Me too. :cry:

But he's an adult now, and climbing that corporate ladder. . .Soon he'll have to give up chicken tenders and popcorn chicken because he'll be eating steaks and lobster and pussy instead. . .

[quote name='distgfx']Might as well post it in here, too. I love option.[/QUOTE]

U63kZ.gif

[quote name='hankmecrankme']But he's an adult now, and climbing that corporate ladder. . .Soon he'll have to give up chicken tenders and popcorn chicken because he'll be eating steaks and lobster and pussy instead. . .[/QUOTE]see a part of me wants to disagree with you jus coz that's what I do,

but then I think about my own life and it's like

yo... I really don't eat chicken tenders and popcorn chicken... ever.

I did eat steak tho!! cooked myself, hella good. u guys gotta share with me!

Went 2-2 in a UMVC3 tournament last night.

I didn't realize (fully) how important sound was to the game, until last night. I was calling out an Assist but it kept getting hit off screen and I didn't realize it was getting blown up until it was too late.

Also I dropped a lot of Nova setups last night because I couldn't hear anything out the monitors.

I think I'm going to invest in a 360/PS3 pair of headphones to remedy all this.

[quote name='asianxcore']Went 2-2 in a UMVC3 tournament last night.

I didn't realize (fully) how important sound was to the game, until last night. I was calling out an Assist but it kept getting hit off screen and I didn't realize it was getting blown up until it was too late.

Also I dropped a lot of Nova setups last night because I couldn't hear anything out the monitors.

I think I'm going to invest in a 360/PS3 pair of headphones to remedy all this.[/QUOTE]

For tournament use? Would they allow you to sync them to the consoles or hook them up to the monitor?

[quote name='distgfx']For tournament use? Would they allow you to sync them to the consoles or hook them up to the monitor?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I've seen all the major streams sometimes having Headphones for players at bigger tournaments.

I'll have to look more into it.

A lot of top players put headphones on and then listen to music or nothing, which I always thought strange.

Hearing that Marvel announcer say CROSSOVER is important.

[quote name='Halo05']PUUUUSSSSYYYy!

The thought of playing most anything with a soundtrack other than the game's is fucking weird.[/QUOTE]

I dropped the Nova Infinite twice (for kills) yesterday in my matches because I'm used to the timing through sound.

Same with the Nova Guard Break setups I do. Dropped a couple of those yesterday that would have led into a free mixup on incoming characters.

I'm just not good at SF x T. Im trying not to use SF Characters only but I'm absolutely no fucking good with any of the Tekken characters. Is Nina and heihachi such a bad combination?

If you're getting rolled the last thing you should worry about is team composition. Two characters you're exceptional with will get you pretty far in this game, so get the fundamentals down first.

Skullgirls April 11th $15! Nice.

I just got SFXTekken (used of course) It's pretty fun, but I'm only good with Ryu/Ken or Ryu/Akuma. Also pretty bad with the Tekken characters. They just feel odd, take some getting used to.

[quote name='panzerfaust']If you're getting rolled the last thing you should worry about is team composition. Two characters you're exceptional with will get you pretty far in this game, so get the fundamentals down first.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to have to go back through training.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Skullgirls April 11th $15! Nice.

I just got SFXTekken (used of course) It's pretty fun, but I'm only good with Ryu/Ken or Ryu/Akuma. Also pretty bad with the Tekken characters. They just feel odd, take some getting used to.[/QUOTE]

The tekken characters don't have projectiles....thats their biggest issue... Imo. They seem to be faster than the street fighter characters. (on avg). I like the game but I don't thnk capcom did a good job with the namco characters special moves.

it's hard to get rid of the habit of tech crouch jab. throws are so slow that it doesn't work and waking up with jabs is almost always a bad idea.

i love tekken characters. they're so interesting. i feel like they have a ton of tools to explore with whereas all the sf characters is just same ol' same ol'.

also apparently tonight was guile night since almost every team i played had a guile.

[quote name='kainzero']
also apparently tonight was guile night since almost every team i played had a guile.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't surprise me. That character builds so much meter in the SFxT engine. Also he reminds me a bunch of CVS2 incarnation in terms of movement/speed.

Also Lamerboi told me Guile craps pretty hard on Gief in that game.

[quote name='asianxcore']Doesn't surprise me. That character builds so much meter in the SFxT engine. Also he reminds me a bunch of CVS2 incarnation in terms of movement/speed.

Also Lamerboi told me Guile craps pretty hard on Gief in that game.[/QUOTE]
that would make sense

if they were good

Been playing a bit of Marvel over the last 2 days since I've actually had a few hours of free time.

Also tried playing SFxT a bit, I really can't get into that game for whatever reason.

Running Nova B, Cap A and Doom B but hella rusty and fairly scrubby at U in general.

Frankie, give me some B&B Nova stuff so I don't have to do my crappy combo which is..

L, M, H, S, a. L, a. M, a. H, Flight, a. L, a. M, a. M, a. H, a. S, Centurion Rush L, DP super (idk what it's called)

I know he has some combos that use Human Rocket Punch but I don't know any of them.

Discovered today though that after hard knockdown in a Cap combo, you can land and call Doom HM assist, then do the shield pickup into H. Charging Star, and right as it finishes the Doom missiles land, so you can do another H. Charging Star. Pretty buff.

I love Marvel.

Only thing I don't like about my team is the Nova to Cap DHC tends to suck after the DP Nova super, I gotta figure out a way to finish my combos with the projectile super so that I can DHC into H. Charging Star when needed.

208344-21021-nova_super.jpg

[quote name='asianxcore']LOL all shitty Guile players eh?[/QUOTE]
it's online, so of course.
if panzer complains that all online matches = walk to jump in range, jump...

then all guile players are like
round start, empty jabs into sonic boom
which I counter by RDS kick and then the guile players are like whoa she can do that and that they play this boring poking game, even though RDS kicking sonic booms won't get me anywhere anyway.

then in round 2 i almost always get a EX qcf+K with ling into rh loop to start the match. every time.

also ling's j.hp trades or beats flash kick depending on distance, but loses to c.hp.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Only thing I don't like about my team is the Nova to Cap DHC tends to suck after the DP Nova super, I gotta figure out a way to finish my combos with the projectile super so that I can DHC into H. Charging Star when needed.
[/QUOTE]

Gravimetric Blaster does way less damage raw than Nova Force (DP) super. Giving up more red life can make Gravimetric Blaster do more damage, but IMO it's not worth it unless you are killing a problem character.

Having Captain America in that 2nd slot, means you have to end all your combos on the ground, which kind of sucks. I'm not too sure if I dig that team for Nova (point) 100%, but hey play who you want :)

This is a little old, but it's got some great stuff for Nova Combos/Ideas for a new Nova player. Definitely learn the different H Flight Loop Combos (depending on where you are on the screen).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5i53-BvmLc

[quote name='kainzero']it's online, so of course.
.[/QUOTE]

Word. I've played 1 match of online SFxT and that was when the game first came out haha

yayuuuuuuuuhhhh~!!!! good news everybody!!!

the CAG room for Evo is official!!! we in there and we need ppl to be inside it!!!! all are welcome!!!

bad news... 12% tax on that mothadonger >_< like twice the actual vegas sales tax.

good news again!! July 4 is a holiday!! so my 5 day vacation jus turned into a 6 day one!!!

[quote name='JEKKI']yayuuuuuuuuhhhh~!!!! good news everybody!!!

the CAG room for Evo is official!!! we in there and we need ppl to be inside it!!!! all are welcome!!!

bad news... 12% tax on that mothadonger >_< like twice the actual vegas sales tax.

good news again!! July 4 is a holiday!! so my 5 day vacation jus turned into a 6 day one!!![/QUOTE]

Post info please. I want a spot. Once I get that spot I need to get a plane ride figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back