FGT XXI is finally old enough to drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='distgfx']

You're getting paid to go to grad school, no complaining allowed.
[/QUOTE]

true, but I'll complain anyway...

so im a EVO dumbass... i prob wont jump in on any of the fights... do i need to register n shit or what?

So who's getting that SF x T for PC?

DofDR.gif

Alright, now that SFxT has been out for a while, I can only seem to find bitching about the DLC when I try to find discussions about what flaws people think the game has. So I'm here to ask you guys what flaws you think the game has and whether or not you're enjoying the game itself.

Obviously what one might consider a flaw, another might consider a good thing. So how about it?

Tekken Tag 2 will be amazing. But I love Tekken, so I'm a biased bastard.

Sf x T? It's a lot of fun, better than the option select wankfest that is the SFIV series. Is it a serious and balanced fighter? That's debatable, but it's fun as hell, and I like it. Even when it's Street Fighter x Street Fighter.

[quote name='distgfx']Alright, now that SFxT has been out for a while, I can only seem to find bitching about the DLC when I try to find discussions about what flaws people think the game has. So I'm here to ask you guys what flaws you think the game has and whether or not you're enjoying the game itself.

Obviously what one might consider a flaw, another might consider a good thing. So how about it?[/QUOTE]
As a whole I think the game is pretty fun. I think the timer, extremely fast health regeneration, & huge stages are the biggest things holding it back. Combine all of these and it leads to very anticlimactic matches.

I can't quite put my finger on it but there's just something about this game that sometimes makes it feel like a chore to play.

i like sfxt. i haven't experimented with many characters but i feel good using ling/juri. when i play other characters i feel like i'm nerfed; i don't know how to maximize damage, switch safely, open up the opponent, etc. i think with tekken characters it's even harder because none of them are really brain dead. their options are buried like 2-3 levels deep. but i feel like when you learn the options it truly feels like tekken in street fighter, except without bdc.

my only gripe is walking jabs. on tekken characters who don't have good reversals, it's really annoying, especially when you're in the corner. i'd also like to see throws somewhat buffed, it's very hard to frame-trap when there's no fear of the throw.

pandora: i can see some practicality (CH crumples/bound) but overall i'd just like to see the input be harder because no one wants pandora coming out when they wanted to do a cross assault. it's really situational and it's fine that way because i hate comeback mechanics.

i think timer will stop being a problem when people get good. for my ling/juri team i hardly ever get a time out, and if i do it's because my opponent either dropped combos or didn't optimize them.

My complaint with SFXT which I know everyone has already mentioned is there is no tekken element to the game besides the characters. It's a bit to slow paced for me too.
Also i tried the skullgirls demo and really liked it.
although i did find it kinda pervy / weaboo esqe

Anyone get the full game and is it worth it? And that nun chick with everybodys moves seems so broken. Dat gun into car super move :roll:

[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']My complaint with SFXT which I know everyone has already mentioned is there is no tekken element to the game besides the characters. It's a bit to slow paced for me too.
Also i tried the skullgirls demo and really liked it.
although i did find it kinda pervy / weaboo esqe

Anyone get the full game and is it worth it? And that nun chick with everybodys moves seems so broken. Dat gun into car super move :roll:[/QUOTE]

Skullgirls is awesome! The gun is easy to block, just get in on her because she doesn't have a decent anti-air.

So... for those of you who have played SCV online a lot (MtlTom? Option?), are you able to tech throws on reaction? I would love it if I could tech throws on reaction in TTT2 online.

[quote name='distgfx']So... for those of you who have played SCV online a lot (MtlTom? Option?), are you able to tech throws on reaction? I would love it if I could tech throws on reaction in TTT2 online.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Nope.[/QUOTE]

Then why are people happy TTT2 will have netcode similar to SCV? Does TTT2 at least have a longer window to break throws than SCV? I don't play SCV, so I'm just trying to get a gauge on what to expect.

tl;dr

I can't break throws in T6 online, I want to be able to in TTT2 online! =(

Last edited by a moderator:
aren't throws in SC5 random? at least in the earlier games you had to guess between a, b, or a+b (i always pressed k. durrr) whereas in tekken you can see arms and break based on that.

Yeah there is no difference in how your character grabs in SC. It's either an A or B break.

Tekken your characters lead arm corresponds to the button used to break them. Special Throws sometimes have a 1+2 break (left punch + right punch).

In SC5 though, online you didn't have time to react and make a guess. In local play it was no problem. My experience, I guess.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']In SC5 though, online you didn't have time to react and make a guess. In local play it was no problem. My experience, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is why I'm worried about it, lol.

Re-reading that I mean to say there is no difference in your characters grab animation in SC5. So it's a 50/50 guess. I don't think there was A+B breaks in 5 but i could definitely be mistaken on that one.

[quote name='kainzero']aren't throws in SC5 random? at least in the earlier games you had to guess between a, b, or a+b (i always pressed k. durrr) whereas in tekken you can see arms and break based on that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sc is only 2 throws, and a bunch of the time (like with aPat) one of the throws will be much more beneficial, meaning if you're going to be cautious you tech the big one for some mitigation.

I love that game but I havent played it or SFxT in like a month.

I still don't have SCV. $20 or less, come on.

King of Fajitas is legit, really damn good, but netcode is again shitty.

I need to up my SF x T game.

So they added a Luchadore chick to TTT2.... remember how awesomely that worked for DOA4:roll:

I actually loved DOA4 but that character was the worrrrrrssssssstttttttttttttttttt ever

Kinda interested in the Capcom X Sega X Namco, if only I was stoop and bought a 3DS :(

Also was reading that Darkstalkers 4 was coming out this year, anyone heard and confirmation on this?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yeah, Darkstalkers 4 is coming. It's Ninja Theory's next game after they finish DmC. Summer 2013.[/QUOTE]

Why you treat me so bad :cold:

[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']Kinda interested in the Capcom X Sega X Namco, if only I was stoop and bought a 3DS :([/QUOTE]

3DS is region locked anyway, you'd be screwed.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yeah, Darkstalkers 4 is coming. It's Ninja Theory's next game after they finish DmC. Summer 2013.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you're quick, that was JUST announced.

I still gotta get KoF13... I plan on playing it at Evo, after all (actually, gonna just register to get the free t-shirt to resell on eBay. Yes I am "that guy / jerk").

So who has Skullgirls on X360? I'd love to get some games in sometime.

[quote name='distgfx']So... for those of you who have played SCV online a lot (MtlTom? Option?), are you able to tech throws on reaction? I would love it if I could tech throws on reaction in TTT2 online.

These new assist gems...

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...ems-much-stronger-their-earlier-counterparts/

I think I'm going to put SFxT on the back-burner for a while now and see what comes of this.

Gem ID: 018 Auto Throw Escape Lv.1
[Effect: Techs all regular throws]
[Cost: 1/4 block of the Cross Gauge]
Okay, now throws are 100% useless, great. That takes away way too little bar. Hell, I thought half a bar was too little considering how bad throws are. Now this? SMH.

Gem ID: 023 Auto Block Lv.1
[Effect: Automatically blocks all attacks]
[Cost: 1/2 block of the Cross Gauge]
I thought it was fine when it took up one bar of meter, but damn.

BUT WAIT! They get more powerful!

Gem ID: 019 Auto Throw Escape Lv.2
[Effect: Techs all regular throws]
[Cost: 1/6 block of the Cross Gauge]

Gem ID: 024 Auto Block Lv.2
[Effect: Automatically blocks all attacks]
[Cost: 1/4 block of the Cross Gauge]

This is just makes me lol.

Gem ID: 001 Advance Input
[Effect: Special moves have increased strictness on input]
[Cost: None]
There's also a few that negate chip damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Skullgirls, digging Valentine and Peacock (especially in the OG steam boat Willie pallet) cant find a third character though. Anyone got any suggestions or is running 2 characters a viable option. Kinda leaning toward the grapple chick. Let me know! Got in on 360 too so if anyone wants to play send me and FR and well get some games in

Speaking of SFxT...

The SFxT team has just sent us word a gameplay patch will hit 360/PS3 in mid May. The final date is still to be determined, but we do have the list of changes that'll take effect when the patch arrives...
Kazuya Restand glitch infinite combo has been removed.
Kuro cr.MP infinite has been removed.
Xiaoyu QCB MP infinite has been removed.
Pacman Hit back on LP and LK has been changed so infinite has been removed.
Jin Chop Kick Glitch on mid air opponents has been fixed.
When first hit of Kazama Style 6 Hit Combo is a counter hit, Jin is at +2F now.
Ogre Damage properties of cr.HP have been changed so follow ups are now not possible.
Juri Senpusha's frames on block have been changed to below:

L ver. stand block -5F

M ver. stand block -10F
M ver. crouch block -10F
Shikusen causes opponents to be pushed back less far when blocked.
Rufus Falcon Kick (dive kick) properties have been changed:

Hurt box added to his feet and the move no longer crosses up easily.

Frames on block have been modified to -4F
Zangief Last hit of Quick Double Lariat (3rd hit) will no longer hit crouching opponents.
M.Bison 5th hit of his Super Art (Knee Press Nightmare) can now be blocked normally.
Jump/lever input bug Addresed issue where diagonal inputs/jumps did not come out properly.
Throw/Character Change glitch Fixed a bug for certain characters that allowed for them to get thrown when initiating a character switch.
Quick Combo Priority of command inputs has been changed so glitches that came from activating quick combos in the air have been removed.
We should have a solid date for you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back