Final Fantasy X-X2 HD PS3 and Vita 29.99 Gamestop (Amazon PM)

I thought it was just my memory, but yeah he looks really different. The hair I can understand, but Tidus' face changed a lot.

From http://www.gamechup.com/final-fantasy-x-hd-original-vs-remaster-screenshot-comparison/

PS2:
FFX-HD-5-original.jpg

PS3:

FFX-HD-5-remake.jpg

That was fast. I hope this doesn't mean it's selling poorly, which means less of a chance for an FF12/DQ8 HD remake. 

That was fast. I hope this doesn't mean it's selling poorly, which means less of a chance for an FF12/DQ8 HD remake.
What hurts FFXII's chances the most is the fact that it's FFXII. Solid game in its own right, but it didn't play to people's nostalgia like the earlier games.

My backlog and work schedule are screaming at me to pass, but damn its hard.  This was one of my favorite games on the PS2, but 40 hours is a lot to do for a game I have already beaten (X-2 doesnt really interest me) when I have so many I havent played left untouched seems like a stretch.  

Is ffx a bad game, some people I knew said it was the worse final fantasy? Trying to talk myself out of buy it even though I love rpgs
Generally speaking, if it's not FF7 (or in some cases, FF9), everything else is the worst Final Fantasy to many people. Also of note, those people are crazy.

X is great, though starts slow (Blitzball is NOT for everyone...myself included). X-2 was an overall better game from a design standpoint I think, but I thought the story was laughably bad (but in the best possible way).

I would kill for a FF12 HD-ification. The texture work in that game is astounding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would kill for a FF12 HD-ification. The texture work in that game is astounding.
For real. *And* the International version received more significant gameplay modifications, too, so that'd be neat to finally have in the West. I finally picked up the Japanese version a couple months back.

Grr, aparently Target doesn't price-match GameStop...
yes they do per there own policy:
What do you mean by local retail competitors?

This refers to retail stores located within the same market area as a particular Target store. Examples of a market area can be a city, a metropolitan area or a specific rural region.

Didn't even know there was a FF X-2 Vita Asian version. Gonna ebayed my FF X-2 to pay for thr PS vita version. Also since there isn't anymore news of the 64GB memory card, its safe to assume its never being released out West?? Might pick it up through play-asia too

Didn't even know there was a FF X-2 Vita Asian version. Gonna ebayed my FF X-2 to pay for thr PS vita version. Also since there isn't anymore news of the 64GB memory card, its safe to assume its never being released out West?? Might pick it up through play-asia too
If you want the 64GB you may as well. Could be waiting forever and it's still probably not going to be noticeably cheaper than the import, if at all.

yes they do per there own policy:
What do you mean by local retail competitors?

This refers to retail stores located within the same market area as a particular Target store. Examples of a market area can be a city, a metropolitan area or a specific rural region.
I essentially said this, but the answer was still "No, we don't price-match GameStop."

Generally speaking, if it's not FF7 (or in some cases, FF9), everything else is the worst Final Fantasy to many people. Also of note, those people are crazy.

X is great, though starts slow (Blitzball is NOT for everyone...myself included). X-2 was an overall better game from a design standpoint I think, but I thought the story was laughably bad (but in the best possible way).

I think people really shouldn't judge final fantasy series based on other they all play different look at 8 it was awesome but the game style was totally different then previous 7 same with how 2 was different then 3.

thanks for the feedback I may buy only problem is my already long backlog told myself not to buy any games for a while

Then why am I on here?

I went digital for this one, I thought of how many hours I played on the original and opted for less heat and nothing to scratch.

Plus I had $10 psn credit, but the game is great haven't had any issues for those that may be concerned with the remaster.

Get the guide too!

Waiting till Black Friday for this one, way too many RPGs I need to beat and by then it'll probably be $15-20. Still a great price for those who want to jump on it now.

This isn't permanent, is it, or is it just a temporary sale? I guess it doesn't matter since the game will go down in price. 

still got the limited edition that I bought not too long ago from gamestop, gonna walk in get the $10 difference!

I can't seem to order the Vita version. I enter it in my cart, go through the check out, select my payment type, submit...and errors back to the shopping cart.

Anyone else having the same problem?

I can't seem to order the Vita version. I enter it in my cart, go through the check out, select my payment type, submit...and errors back to the shopping cart.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Weird, I was able to order a copy of the Vita version without any problems.

Ugh I gotta hold off. Waiting on $20 at Best Buy so I can use GCU.

It would be nice to find this at Target and PM, then B2G1

Since it's PM'd on Amazon, it should be no problems PM'ing this at Target too and stacking it with its B2G1 offer. But remember that Target seems to only carry the PS3 version. You might be able to get a LE out of it too

Since it's PM'd on Amazon, it should be no problems PM'ing this at Target too and stacking it with its B2G1 offer. But remember that Target seems to only carry the PS3 version. You might be able to get a LE out of it too
Grabbed the Vita version from Amazon, thanks for the heads up. Was going to order it from BBY tomorrow too so good timing on this.

Just did an instore pickup for both my closest stores. Was gonna pass, then found out FFXIV has a shared trophy list for PS3/PS4 so thats 40$ I have sitting on a needless reserve.

I already own this for the PS3 but I'm really tempted to buy the Vita version since you can trade saves between the two systems. It would be nice to have to grind in FFX and maybe play X-2 on.

Think I'll head down to Best Buy tomorrow to see if they have any of the special editions in stock. Kind of doubt it since my local BB carries such a small quantity of anything (i.e. when the Xbox One came out, they ran out of copies of DR3; when the PS4 dropped, they didn't have any CoD:Ghosts).

I've got $60 in GS credit that has been needed to be spent. i never go to GS, but this almost makes me want to bite.. I'll wait though. It'll hit $20 by BF.

To all those waiting 7 months for another $10 off, good luck even finding a retail copy by then. They probably won't bother to re-print much

Just so you know, you can't cross-save between Vita and PS3 if the games are from different regions.

Just did an instore pickup for both my closest stores. Was gonna pass, then found out FFXIV has a shared trophy list for PS3/PS4 so thats 40$ I have sitting on a needless reserve.
Quoting your post to let everyone know that in-store pickup shows the lower prices for new/used in-store now.

iiSaviour, on 09 Apr 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:
To all those waiting 7 months for another $10 off, good luck even finding a retail copy by then. They probably won't bother to re-print much
Seriously doubt that. They would've stated something like that ahead of release.

I consider FF7 to be one of the weaker games in the series (possibly excluding the NES batch of games), but that may be because I thought it tried too hard to copy a lot of things from FF6, only with less personality/character/charm.

I thought X was a lot of fun, even though I don't recall thinking the actual story was all that great, and I didn't like the design of several characters (I'm looking at you Tidus and Wakka). I never did finish X-2. At this price, I'm tempted.

I consider FF7 to be one of the weaker games in the series (possibly excluding the NES batch of games), but that may be because I thought it tried too hard to copy a lot of things from FF6, only with less personality/character/charm.

I thought X was a lot of fun, even though I don't recall thinking the actual story was all that great, and I didn't like the design of several characters (I'm looking at you Tidus and Wakka). I never did finish X-2. At this price, I'm tempted.
X was the last good game for FF series in my opinion. what are your thoughts about X-2?

Gameplay was fun enough, but the story was silly/absurd and not in a way that I appreciated at the time (my opinion might be different if I gave it another go).  

FF7 is hands down the most overrated game of the last 20 years(IMO). To this day, I still hate to see it a top PS1 "Best Of" games list(normally at 1-3). FF7 was the last FF game I played to completion, so I ordered FFX to give a newer game a chance to repair the bad taste left in my mouth from so long ago. I also like supporting Vita, so why not.

This HD remastered sold more than lightning returns, what on earth has square-enix been doing? It's always fun to go back to the roots where the gameplay is actually turn based.

Yojimbo is overpowered though just pay 250K to get him to join you. Pay him 2,000 everytime and you'll have no problem taking down dark aeons.

Also this features never before seen contents from the international version!

Thanks OP. Doing an in-store pick-up so I can use my $25 coupon. Been looking for something to use it on.

FF7 is hands down the most overrated game of the last 20 years(IMO). To this day, I still hate to see it a top PS1 "Best Of" games list(normally at 1-3). FF7 was the last FF game I played to completion, so I ordered FFX to give a newer game a chance to repair the bad taste left in my mouth from so long ago. I also like supporting Vita, so why not.
FF7 gets overrated because it was likely the "first" rpg for most of the people who claim it's the greatest thing ever. I have a similar bias toward FF4, because that was the first one I played. Still, I don't run around proclaiming it as the "greatest game of all time" or even that it's the best game in the series.

FFVII was my first final fantasy, and quite possibly my first real RPG. I always wondered...if I had played the genre before 7 came out, how my perception of the game would be. Because for me, it was one of the best games I've ever played and one that I'll have memories of that will last forever. I think it has more to do with it being my "first", and therefore it influenced the impact of my enjoyment with the game. Same with Final Fantasy Tactics. I had never played a game like that, and to this day have never found a replacement in the genre (other than the PSP upgrade).

Edit: ^^^Apparently we had the same thought process lol

FF7 gets overrated because it was likely the "first" rpg for most of the people who claim it's the greatest thing ever. I have a similar bias toward FF4, because that was the first one I played. Still, I don't run around proclaiming it as the "greatest game of all time" or even that it's the best game in the series.
I didn't like the materia system too much, and the draw magic system was annoying as hell for VIII

FFVII was my first final fantasy, and quite possibly my first real RPG. I always wondered...if I had played the genre before 7 came out, how my perception of the game would be. Because for me, it was one of the best games I've ever played and one that I'll have memories of that will last forever. I think it has more to do with it being my "first", and therefore it influenced the impact of my enjoyment with the game. Same with Final Fantasy Tactics. I had never played a game like that, and to this day have never found a replacement in the genre (other than the PSP upgrade).

Edit: ^^^Apparently we had the same thought process lol
My first RPG was Legend of Legaia. Absolutely loved that game. I played FF7 shortly afterwards and loved it too. I honestly think its the story that makes it great. Sure its not the best RPG ever, but I would say its one of the top PSX games. IMO I dont think its overrated.

My first RPG was Legend of Legaia. Absolutely loved that game. I played FF7 shortly afterwards and loved it too. I honestly think its the story that makes it great. Sure its not the best RPG ever, but I would say its one of the top PSX games. IMO I dont think its overrated.
I did enjoy FF7, but I'd say it's over hyped. Too many people talk about it as though it was the greatest RPG of all time by some ridiculous margin. I'm pretty sure that's the definition of over hyping something.

bread's done
Back