Final Fantasy X-X2 HD PS3 and Vita 29.99 Gamestop (Amazon PM)

I should've waited for the Amazon PM but I ordered the Vita version off GameStop. Now I'm wondering if I need the PS3 version too.

I did enjoy FF7, but I'd say it's over hyped. Too many people talk about it as though it was the greatest RPG of all time by some ridiculous margin. I'm pretty sure that's the definition of over hyping something.
I really wish they would port/remake/remaster/sequel the legend of dragoon. I find that to be one of the best RPG that I've played

Here's hoping that BBY drops their price too, but I feel like somewhere along the way PSN will bundle the PS3 and vita version and I would much rather have the option to play on either/or then be forced to buy copies for both systems. Why couldnt this damn thing be crossbuy

Is ffx a bad game, some people I knew said it was the worse final fantasy? Trying to talk myself out of buy it even though I love rpgs
FF X is largely considered the last GOOD Final Fantasy. I liked X-2 fine but it's girl power and costume theme turned a lot of people off (although it's platforming mechanics are seen again in 13-2 and 13-3.) You'll get some people that like 12 but I hated it because of the way if you opened random chests in the first half of the game you would lose the ability to get someone's ultimate weapon in the 2nd half, the battle system, and the forced inversion of the camera (up is down, left is right, etc.) because that's how the Japanese like it.

sucks missed it by one week.  best buy wont price adjust or  return it   says only got 15 days.    Knew i should never wasted my cash on  gamers unlocked    screw this company

sucks missed it by one week. best buy wont price adjust or return it says only got 15 days. Knew i should never wasted my cash on gamers unlocked screw this company
If you're elite you get longer..you should know by now SC that games go on sale regularly within a week or two. Don't blame best buy for that.

FF7 is hands down the most overrated game of the last 20 years(IMO). To this day, I still hate to see it a top PS1 "Best Of" games list(normally at 1-3). FF7 was the last FF game I played to completion, so I ordered FFX to give a newer game a chance to repair the bad taste left in my mouth from so long ago. I also like supporting Vita, so why not.
FFVII was the first FF I ever beat. Hands down one of the best games I've ever played. That and the original MGS were one of the few PS1 games I managed to enjoy. I tried Crash Bandicoot but it was way too tough so I gave up on it. I'm thinking of beating VII again and then VIII, IX, and X then just skipping straight to XV once that comes out (since it looks awesome).

VII is just so hard to play for me now, I swear if I encounter another random battle I'm going to break something. I hope Pokemon moves away from that as well even chrono trigger got it right!

I should've waited for the Amazon PM but I ordered the Vita version off GameStop. Now I'm wondering if I need the PS3 version too.
Hhhmm...the ps3 version actually might come in handy if you don't have long stretches to play your vita (or don't always have the ability to plug it in). There are some sections of the game where you have to play for quite a while without a save point.

I remember sinking 50 hours into Blitzball alone, once you have the jecht shot the game is over. I was a little bitter though, since i my first couple blitz matches i got stomped. It's unfortunate that both games aren't on the disc, i could wait for a digital sale.

Even though it ages well i wish they would remake Xenogears and put some money into fleshing out the second disc.

Spoiler about 7 and Xenogears

Even though Aerith died which hurt, i took Hammers betrayal personal

I bit on the vita version, I love the long rpgs on handhelds for some reason they are fun to play whenever. I was going to hold out for a potential price drop but really 2 games for 30 bucks is hard to pass and with the download code making it worthless to buy used I don't see a much better deal coming. Sure there may be some YMMV deals pop up on old stock later on but I need some Vita content now ha. 

I never played X and tended to like the odd number FF games more so this will be a new experience for me. 

Apparently this is selling fast, almost every store nearby is sold out now. Glad I put one on hold, I'd rather just buy it now and possibly spend a bit more than it go OOP or something and be hard to find

Apparently this is selling fast, almost every store nearby is sold out now. Glad I put one on hold, I'd rather just buy it now and possibly spend a bit more than it go OOP or something and be hard to find
Why would it go OOP anytime soon? It's not a niche title.

this is weird    first i get an email from best buy saying they  DO NOT PRICE ADJUST.  2nd email i get  is   they will give me a 10 buck gift card  instead. Now to see if i really get it or not. 

I cant find it anywhere local might just have to buy online, didn't know it was going to be hard to get

PS3 version shouldn't be hard to find.  However Vita might be a different story as vita games get a smaller print.  See MGS Vita keeping its value.

Yeah, I picked up a copy of the PS3 LE.  I had to go to a second store 10 mins. away to find one that wasn't gutted.  Doing a in store search, there seemed to be quite a few around San Jose if anyone is looking for one.

I think I may keep this one sealed for now and pick up the Vita version used, taking a chance that I might find an unused X-2 code in one.

Sorry didnt see vita, I meant regular as well the limited is in stock on best buy, does anybody know if I buy it online then can I go in store and get the pm difference
You should as long as the sale's still going on. What's easier though would be to just call BBY and place the order over the phone if you want to buy it there.

I was going to do that then realized that I can save $2.50 on tax plus an additional 15% thanks to Meijer by ordering from Amazon. And it will be here quicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should as long as the sale's still going on. What's easier though would be to just call BBY and place the order over the phone if you want to buy it there.

I was going to do that then realized that I can save $2.50 on tax plus an additional 15% thanks to Meijer by ordering from Amazon. And it will be here quicker.
How long is there call center open? Its late but I couldn't find an answer on bby website. I wonder if I can get the limited edition hmmmmmm

Just called best buy and was told that this item can not be price matched because "it doesnt have our low price guarantee stamp". What?!?! So I guess I cant price match?

Just called best buy and was told that this item can not be price matched because "it doesnt have our low price guarantee stamp". What?!?! So I guess I cant price match?
You got trolled by Best Buy. It happens. Just order from GameStop or Amazon. Less hassle and a better return window if you need it.

You can but there's a chance that Amazon will stop price matching GameStop when you go and you're restricted to the copies they have in the store. If they don't have the LE, then you won't get one.

You can but there's a chance that Amazon will stop price matching GameStop when you go and you're restricted to the copies they have in the store. If they don't have the LE, then you won't get one.
I would have it shipped since my store or any in a 50 mile radius are out of stock

I think they want your packing slip for adjustments like they use them for returns. I'm not sure how it works, but I think that it must at least ship for you to be able to adjust it and it takes a day or two to ship.

I hate that crap, its how they weasel out of their own policy. It's why I'm not even sad my Elite Plus lapsed, like 9/10 times I called there trying to PM recently I got shut down.

Its easier to just do it in store (They don't even care unless the price is less)

Any GS temporary price drop that starts on a Wednesday is good until the following Tuesday.
That usually applies to temporary price drops that are advertised in their weekly ads which run Wednesday-Tuesday, but since this is an unadvertised drop, it's unknown whether it'll last that long.

D: On the one hand, I just bought a copy a couple weeks ago at $40 and haven't actually gotten to it yet. On the other hand, it was a LE and part of that was paid with a $10-profit GC so I guess I'm good.

Had to bite on this for Vita. I was gonna wait until $20, but I'm worried the Vita version could become rare and not drop in price. Seems like the perfect game(s) to grind away on while watching movies. That's how I do most of my portable gaming ;)

Had to bite on this for Vita. I was gonna wait until $20, but I'm worried the Vita version could become rare and not drop in price. Seems like the perfect game(s) to grind away on while watching movies. That's how I do most of my portable gaming ;)
Welcome to 2014: Where you need something to keep you distracted while watching movies. lol

Welcome to 2014: Where you need something to keep you distracted while watching movies. lol
If it's a good movie, I look up from time to time. If it's something my wife picked, probably not ;)

And it's not a 2014 thing, I've done this for years (yes, I have ADD)

BTW I watched Gravity last week and had to set my 3DS down. Good movie.

I hate that crap, its how they weasel out of their own policy. It's why I'm not even sad my Elite Plus lapsed, like 9/10 times I called there trying to PM recently I got shut down.

Its easier to just do it in store (They don't even care unless the price is less)
Okay so I called a local store i gave the sku for the limited edition one (sku: 1594027) The women told me it is deleted out of the system, but she was able to put an order through and she price matched it from amazon. Used my Gift card, when it comes hopefully it will be the limited edition one. YAY :D/ :whee:

I should have asked her about the other sku for the ps3 regular to see if it was deleted as well? :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back