Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

I dont want to advocate screwing amazon, because they really are my favorite company and one of the few that I respect, (but I didnt mind because I purchased ffxiv for both pc AND ps3 through them)

But with 1.0 (my pc version) I dont get early access, and the ps3 code they sent me was invalid.

So I ordered another from them and immediately canceled for the preorder code (they send it within 2~ minutes). That time it worked.

Its a little grimey, but when amazon/SE both send you a code that dont work its not really your fault either.

They still get their money so whatever.

And man, yesterday I  tried updating my pc with a SSD because the loading on this game was making me nuts. 

Computer COMPLETELY crapped out, was 100% unusable. I literally spent 10~ hours over the last 36 hours taking this thing apart and trying everything to fix it. Thought I had an expensive ass paperweight, wasnt happy with the whole situation

Fortunately JUST got everything up and running, updating windows now, downloading drivers and crap, then preloading the game

Ironic that the first time I ever upgraded a PC period ever was actually for FFXI like a million years ago. Here i am doing it again

Hopefully its a while before another one comes out

Ok maybe someone can help me out

Im trying to download/install the game 

When I go to na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

to loginto my account

it says to complete my account

But I already have an account and thats what ive used to log in all the time

idk wth is going on

do I have to reregister or something ?

It says my "nickname" that I  previously had was taken (presumably by me? as its werid/unique)

So I had to make a new one

I just want to make sure something funky didnt happen with my account 

Last edited by a moderator:
Best strategy advice I can give ya for soloing, is level a conjurer to 8 to get protect

You can put protect on your cross class abilities (with whatever class you decide to play as), cast it, get protection on yourself for 30 minutes, then switch it to any other ability you want.

Made a pretty noticeable difference when I was playing on my puglist  

A guide won't be nearly as necessary in XIV as it was in XI.
Depends on how you look at it. Class layout with recommended builds, skill progression, crafting tips and tricks, drop tables, world map, and of course quest navigation.

Quest navigation isn't really a necessity, but everything else would be nice to have to flip open on a whim.

I'll be up at 5AM anyway (thanks, asshole cats) so I'm hoping to jump in right then.

For what it's worth, during open beta there really weren't that many people on that early. Things didn't get really crowded until 7-8AM. No promise that will be the case again though.
Launches are way different than beta lol. I fully expect the servers to be overloaded, if not immediately.

Launches are way different than beta lol. I fully expect the servers to be overloaded, if not immediately.
Its still gonna be 5~ am to 2am for most american players

I mean itll be a saturday not a monday so not QUITE as bad though

No idea what time itll be for most european players

Presumably like morning/afternoon

But I dont think server queues will start till closer to 9-10am est

I'm cautiously optimistic that getting in that early won't be an issue, especially since we're not on one of the highest pop servers, but I guess we'll see.

I'm not worried about server queues, it's load that will bring a system down.  That initial rush of people trying to log in will kill the login servers if they're not prepared.

Also, new patch went up about three hours ago.  It's a gig download but appears to be going fast for now.  I certainly wouldn't wait until this evening to get it though.

I'm not worried about server queues, it's load that will bring a system down. That initial rush of people trying to log in will kill the login servers if they're not prepared.

Also, new patch went up about three hours ago. It's a gig download but appears to be going fast for now. I certainly wouldn't wait until this evening to get it though.
Unfortunately the patch wasn't up this morning so I will have to attempt to patch it this evening. Hopefully it will be done by 7am in the morning.

Still waiting on my early access PSN code to F___ing work
It's not going to. Most likely it's for the EU region.

At this point you probably need to be preordering another copy of the game if you want to have a chance at playing in early access.

And this weekend is gonna be a mad house, best thing you can do is prob focus on leveling higher level chars, since the lower level zones are gonna be absolutely mobbed, making it near impossible to tag anything/do quest

Youll still be able to do fates, but wont be able to tag anything due to the 9000 people 

Are we sure it's a foregone conclusion that early access will be more crowded than open beta?  Sure, there were probably some people with pre-orders who didn't play in the beta, but I'd imagine that's offset to a large degree by people who played in the beta but won't be getting the game at launch.

I'm sure it will be crowded as hell, but open beta was also pretty crowded and they've apparently upgraded there servers in at least some way since then.

Are we sure it's a foregone conclusion that early access will be more crowded than open beta? Sure, there were probably some people with pre-orders who didn't play in the beta, but I'd imagine that's offset to a large degree by people who played in the beta but won't be getting the game at launch.

I'm sure it will be crowded as hell, but open beta was also pretty crowded and they've apparently upgraded there servers in at least some way since then.
Its hard to tell

I mean Open Beta had error 3102 so 10-20k people couldnt log in

But now the early access codes dont work, so there might be like a million people who cant log in

Its impossible to predict

So, I cancelled my old order (didn't want to because I had a $5 credit on my old order, but I was able to get it on the new order), but I've been locked out of putting codes into my ps3 until tomorrow afternoon.  Not sure what happened, but I think my internet hiccupped while I was doing a try on the old code causing me to spam it

So, I cancelled my old order (didn't want to because I had a $5 credit on my old order, but I was able to get it on the new order), but I've been locked out of putting codes into my ps3 until tomorrow afternoon. Not sure what happened, but I think my internet hiccupped while I was doing a try on the old code causing me to spam it
Did you try putting codes in via the internet?

Sonynetworkentertainment or w.e ?

No idea if itll help, but its worth a shot

Does the Azon method really work and would it affect your own (27th) game? 

I've yet to receive a new Early Access code so I cant even play.

Already paid my CE Pre-order and everything T_T

Yeah, I tried from the website, it said it was invalid, but I called Sony and they told me the code was valid I just had to wait 24 hours to put it in.  Really stupid that they can't remove that ban.

77mb left to patch.

I have decided on my first name (as long as it wasn't taken already) still trying to decide on my last name though.

I am leaning towards Zeruhn as a last name though.  

77mb left to patch.

I have decided on my first name (as long as it wasn't taken already) still trying to decide on my last name though.

I am leaning towards Zeruhn as a last name though.
From what I understand in reading the manual, it says characters can't have the same forname AND surname. So you should be good.

From what I understand in reading the manual, it says characters can't have the same forname AND surname. So you should be good.
I think all that means is you cant have the name Bob Bob. But in most modern MMOs I have played two people for example cant have the same first name as Cloud whereas last names typically don't have to be unique.

I think all that means is you cant have the name Bob Bob. But in most modern MMOs I have played two people for example cant have the same first name as Cloud whereas last names typically don't have to be unique.
Well, I will test it in character creation for the hell of it.

I wasnt able to party (at all) in any of the Phase betas.

I liked GW's use of using your Login ID as your name during Parties so even if you used a new char or old, everyone in PT knew it was you (then again this will be protested by those that like alternate personas or like to change chars to avoid certain people ;D)

Is the GW method seen in ARR?

Also another Nublet-to-FFIX/XIV player question...Loot/Drops? mobs dont seem to drop anything! is this just an accepted practice of the FF Online games? Im just really fond of grinding mobs for different rare loot =P.

Again, I only got to lv13 during the Betas. I work weekends so had close to NO time to enjoy my $92 purchase. So please excuse my nubness =3

I wasnt able to party (at all) in any of the Phase betas.

I liked GW's use of using your Login ID as your name during Parties so even if you used a new char or old, everyone in PT knew it was you (then again this will be protested by those that like alternate personas or like to change chars to avoid certain people ;D)

Is the GW method seen in ARR?

Also another Nublet-to-FFIX/XIV player question...Loot/Drops? mobs dont seem to drop anything! is this just an accepted practice of the FF Online games? Im just really fond of grinding mobs for different rare loot =P.

Again, I only got to lv13 during the Betas. I work weekends so had close to NO time to enjoy my $92 purchase. So please excuse my nubness =3
You'll only see the character name in the party screen. Finding parties is pretty easy with the Duty Finder, and on top of that if you join the CAG Linkshell there will be people in there more than happy to party up.

On loot: For the most part, random mobs do not drop gear. They will drop crafting materials, etc though. Gear comes from three main sources: Quest rewards, crafting, and dungeon loot. Sounds like what you're looking for is the dungeon gear. There are loot chests in dungeons (which appear after ever sub-boss or boss, as well as some other times) which contain gear. You then roll on said gear using a Need/Greed/Pass system, where need is restricted by whether your current class can use the item. Dungeons don't unlock until Level 15 (they'll unlock in the main quest) so you're not too far from beginning to see that stuff.

Thanks alot bvharris.

Watching FLCL as I wait for ARR to update 40mins to-go.

Not sure if this has been brought up before or if Im just handicapped at questing (11 years of MMORPGs...you think you'd knew all the basics.

Theres a quest in Gridinia called Passing Muster(or something) (red quest); it requires you to be equipped with all lv5+ gear.

On EVERY char I made I got stuck at this quest and had to BUY Lv5+ gear to pass this quest only to later on get quests that gave me the LV5+ gear I would've saved gil on to pass the aforementioned red quest... =/

Has anyone else hit this weird bump or Am I just missing a quest somewhere, as I said this has happened to me on a every char I made that began in Gridinia, I looked for other quests in all Shrouds, also leveling up just bumps me to the next tier of quests..which ALWAYS happens and then I come around full-circle to the quests that give the lv5 gear because they magically appear on the map at some random point... Or is this just an isolated "this-guy-is-quest-blind" case?

Just a reminder to everyone rolling new characters:  If you want to play with fellow CAGs, the majority of us are on Cactuar.

If you want to be added to the CAG Linkshell on Cactuar, post your character name here.  Or, even quicker, just send me a Tell in game (character name is Serisu Sheru) and I'll add you right away.  That's probably easiest since as of now you need to be online for me to search/add you.

Only 27 minutes left.  See you all in Eorzea!

yup only japanese servers are up for me

Now everytime I open the game, it has a critical error, idk wtf is going on

anyone else getting 

FFXIV launcher:A system error has occured-2146697211 followed by a long drawn out url ?

I got in without a problem, guess they're only letting in the optimists.  ;)

Hope you guys can get in soon.

bread's done
Back