Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

Decided to re-upload my video on vimeo.  Eat a dick SE/Youtube.

https://vimeo.com/80162808

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I see that Amazon is having this on sale for the PS3 and PC.  I have a PS4.  If I remember correct that if you have the PS3 version Square gives you the PS4 version.  Am I correct in that?

yes sir absolutely correct only PS3 through not PC. but remember there is a monthly fee. Also if you do this you can't play it on PS3 anymore I believe. as said copy is null and void

yes sir absolutely correct only PS3 through not PC. but remember there is a monthly fee. Also if you do this you can't play it on PS3 anymore I believe. as said copy is null and void
Does it matter if I never install it on a PS3? I was in beta on PS3, but it died so I never installed a retail copy.

you have to activate it on PS3 so it is tied to your account (assumption). My plan is to unlock it on my PS3 couple days before PS4 release (might be able to do that online.) then wait for the PS4 client to come out.

you have to activate it on PS3 so it is tied to your account (assumption). My plan is to unlock it on my PS3 couple days before PS4 release (might be able to do that online.) then wait for the PS4 client to come out.
If thats the case I will have to wait for the PS4 version to go on sale.

you could activate it through Quorocity (sp?) then run it. Possibly even when it comes out.
I may try that. Of course Ill wait and see how cheap it is when the sale hits to see if its worth it. I dont have any one to play with. Do people on here play together?

BF sale on it at GS is 20.00 which is pretty nice as a month alone is 14.99.

Yea we used to mostly be on cactaur. I end up keeping my preorder but was in all the betas. 

So I got the PC vresion for free w/ my CPU. Let's say I buy the PS3 version (mostly interested in the PS4 version down the road for the trophies and such), do I get another month free on top of my PC sub? If not, I'm not buying a PS3 version on BF.

Also if you do this you can't play it on PS3 anymore I believe. as said copy is null and void
Wait, what? All copies on PS3 are null and void once "used" because they require an activation code. But the client is tied to your PSN account forever. Are you saying the actual PS3 Client will deactivate and not allow you to login anymore once PS4 version is downloaded is linked to your PSN account?

You can still use the client with another account I imagine, but your FF14 account would lose its PS3 platform license and obtain a PS4 one.  

Is there any other methods of paying for it? Like game cards or paypal?

I try to keep any type of gaming off my credit card statement since its being watched like a hawk by my parents lol
You can buy a form of Payment they call Crysta but it still requires a credit card, I believe. I also think they offer a service similar to paypal but I don't quite remember. I personally just used my CC and only have it bill me every 3 months.

Wait, what? All copies on PS3 are null and void once "used" because they require an activation code. But the client is tied to your PSN account forever. Are you saying the actual PS3 Client will deactivate and not allow you to login anymore once PS4 version is downloaded is linked to your PSN account?
That is correct. If you take advantage of the upgrade offer. If you just buy another copy for PS4 then you'll have licenses for both platforms.

Anyhow, here's my accomplishment for the day! Click for a super huge picture :p

hi3b.jpg

The way I see it, you get help from experienced players, which is win win, eventually you are going to be on the same level as us, we'll know when they allow transfer.
Which is 100% unnecessary as they built the game from pretty much scratch. So even legacy players were noobs. (Besides, it does no good grouping with a level 50 if your level 1)

Heh, I'm only a few jobs from max 50 everything too but I burned out on crafting and don't like tanking sooooooooooo, not sure I'll ever finish.

Thats not me capping everything, that was done before ARR even came out, thats me finishing all quests and all geared up every classes and jobs :D

If I buy the Digital CE on PSN, does the 1 month activate as soon as I buy it from the store or how does that work?

I don't have time to play the game ATM but if I can hold onto the sub I'd pick it up tonight.

If I buy the Digital CE on PSN, does the 1 month activate as soon as I buy it from the store or how does that work?

I don't have time to play the game ATM but if I can hold onto the sub I'd pick it up tonight.
It shouldn't activate until you start the game and link your PSN to your Square-Enix Id

Not 100% sure, but I think they have to be different platforms for it to stack i.e. adding a PS3 CE to a standard PC copy and vice-versa.

finished downloading this right before I went to bed  last night so will probably start it up tonight. Starting a new character, this time probably Archer or Mage (Thalmaturd)

So lost lol, looking for the central shroud to clear out 6 of something for a mission. Not feeling the map system so far, currently level 3. 

bread's done
Back