Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

finally just about to get my chocobo grinded out my last few story missions before getting into the grand company. One thing I really dislike is duty finder I sat at the Ifrit Primal Trial not able to do anything else for about an hour before some people finally queued up.

Really enjoying the game now started out as archer and then tried arcanist now thinking I will probably tank as Gladiator > Conjurer > Paladin.

Am wondering how valuable the mixed class jobs are Bard/Dragoon/Paladin end game content wise. Wondering if it is better to be just a gladiator or a Paladin if in like a month or two when I have sunk enough time to finish the story and level my jobs up enough.
Endgame; Jobs are more important(PLD/WAR/BRD/BLM/WHM/SCH/SMN/DRG/MNK) than the starting classes. It is fun to make some combinations once you get them all to 50 though; like a lancer rank or a archer tank.

DF is best for tanks because they rarely have to wait for ques, a few may have a 10 minute waits. DPS have the worst ques they are normally at least 20 minutes long and healers are around 10 minutes once you get to level 30.

Last edited by a moderator:
What Primordial Weaps are BiS? 

Wondering if I should get the Elfin Bow for my main job or another weap for jobs I'm currently leveling(WHM/DRG)

Elfin bow is fine for everything outside of coil. Inside coil its good if you have allagan pants.WHM depends if you want crit or det. personally i go with det for whm, crit is much better for sch imo.

For drg zenith lance is much better.

None are BiS, Allagan is :p

Elfin is better than +1, although you might have ACC issues in T5 so back to using relic there. WHM and DRG primal weapons are inferior to +1 relic but it will save you 900 myths if you don't want to spend that to +1 it.

Edit: lol beat me to it.

Elfin bow is fine for everything outside of coil. Inside coil its good if you have allagan pants.WHM depends if you want crit or det. personally i go with det for whm, crit is much better for sch imo.

For drg zenith lance is much better.
Yeah I'm not farming T5 yet so Relic is probably better for me for a while.

Can I hold onto the Tokens and also get more when it resets?

None are BiS, Allagan is :p

Elfin is better than +1, although you might have ACC issues in T5 so back to using relic there. WHM and DRG primal weapons are inferior to +1 relic but it will save you 900 myths if you don't want to spend that to +1 it.

Edit: lol beat me to it.
Yep, I'm almost 2 months in so Myths are still very much needed to gear up my BARD. So far I went Ring > Pants > +1 and next week I will get the shirt and hope I get the shoes from T4.

I

Am wondering how valuable the mixed class jobs are Bard/Dragoon/Paladin end game content wise. Wondering if it is better to be just a gladiator or a Paladin if in like a month or two when I have sunk enough time to finish the story and level my jobs up enough.
You don't have a choice: all endgame gear is job specific, so you can't wear it with classes. The one and only exception to this is PvP where marauder is by far superior to warrior until you can use the rank 30 gear.

Ahh okay thanks :) Jodou 

*goes back to staring at miss Jodou  :shock: *

On a small side note resource wise what do most of you guys use? 

I have been using this for helping mostly to power level jobs through hunting log and what have you. 

You don't have a choice: all endgame gear is job specific, so you can't wear it with classes. The one and only exception to this is PvP where marauder is by far superior to warrior until you can use the rank 30 gear.
Not true only your Myth gear is locked to the job. All again and ilvl70 crafted gear can be used by either. So you could easily roll a class in endgame if you have the Gil or materials to get your crafted gear and some materia. Only problem you would have is around turn 4 in Coil.

Not true only your Myth gear is locked to the job. All again and ilvl70 crafted gear can be used by either. So you could easily roll a class in endgame if you have the Gil or materials to get your crafted gear and some materia. Only problem you would have is around turn 4 in Coil.
Every job uses myth gear in at least one slot as BiS. I suppose you could play a class and just not have that slot equipped though. . .

Every job uses myth gear in at least one slot as BiS. I suppose you could play a class and just not have that slot equipped though. . .
You won't BiS of course but it is possible. Which I guess BiS for a class probably would be Allagan gear.

I know a few people who run Lancer tanks just for the fun of it.

Because you demand it!

o4xdbom.png

Happy Valentine's Day!

7WJ7XRp.png

Beat Titan Ex tonight.  Hardest fight I've ever had.  And by hardest, I mean trying to find 7 people that can dodge properly.  I can do that fight in my sleep lol.

Its not just dodging, lol.
Dodging is the most important though, even the dps check parts you have to dodge. Forget to dodge and you're gone, its about dodging mostly.

Beat Titan Ex tonight. Hardest fight I've ever had. And by hardest, I mean trying to find 7 people that can dodge properly. I can do that fight in my sleep lol.
Yep, easy fight if everybody knows it.

Everybody has to live past the 1st set of superbombs or its a wipe. On my second week of Primordial Quest and Ifrit n Garuda go down easily and now its Thursday and Titan is still up.

When I was playing, I basically gave up cause my tracert showed that my packets go through Montreal. So it was impossible to dodge anything half the time. No way I'd be able to do Titan EX without paying for a proxy service.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but where might I be able to find a beginner's guide to this game? I haven't played any MMOs aside from DCUO, and a lot of the things mentioned in this thread read like a foreign language to me.

The game pretty much holds your hand and tells you where to go when starting. When you get new things it will pop up with information on how it works.

Oh, cool. Thanks for the quick reply. I just want to maximize my enjoyment of the game and make good use of the free month so I can decide whether the subscription fee is worth it to me.

Well, I'm weeks late but finally completed all the new 2.1 quests.  Ifrit was a joke, as expected and I've been farming him for my bracer now finally.  Dear SE, no more shitty attunement quests, thanks.  Oh and I finally got my professional title from leveling every combat class to 50.

EXnCcet.png

You need to start doing some insane runs Jodou.

Just start making challenges for yourself. My next goal is to 7 tank Titan EM. I just hope we have the DPS for the adds.

I need to start farming accessories from Primals but the rank ones are crap

Your best bet from everyone I talk to is to get into a FC and tackle shit that way run a few lower level dungeons then if your party clicks you should be set. 

? I made my own FC with a few of my friends. No1 rolled a healer so we're reliant on whatever randoms decide to join us. It should be better once I have 2 more friends I know xfer over onto our server, but tonight was ridiculous.

Downed Titan HM after having only the 2 healers and I alive. Did a healer LB3 and rezzed like 3 DPS that weren't off the platform, and we killed him with

You need to start doing some insane runs Jodou.
I've already done six dps Titan Ex and we got as far as second adds but tank or healer would die by then. Makes the fight super fast though and way more fun. Bards can totally hold threat on each add over other DPS BTW. ;)

? I made my own FC with a few of my friends. No1 rolled a healer so we're reliant on whatever randoms decide to join us. It should be better once I have 2 more friends I know xfer over onto our server, but tonight was ridiculous.

Downed Titan HM after having only the 2 healers and I alive. Did a healer LB3 and rezzed like 3 DPS that weren't off the platform, and we killed him with <1 second left in duty finder. It was, so dumb. So very very dumb.

It's sad when you have to have a full ilvl 90 SCH carry your random pugs who eat bombs like cakes.
I went back to Titan HM for a friend this week and after doing Titan Ex for a month now, it amazes me I even thought HM was 'hard'. We one shot it with DF pugs and the guys were showering us with praises. Feelsgood.jpg

Yup. All in all, it was a pretty epic conclusion to such a shitty pugging process. Everyone was like, you did amazing! Thanks for the group!

I'm. Just sitting there like... Yeah. Thanks for sitting there dead for half the fight watching me dodge shit. Lol.

I am seriously amazed by the people in this game who queue or join PF just to help random people out. That shit never happens in WoW. Too bad the ratio of helpful people to douches is like 1 to 5.

On another note... I seriously need to cross class stoneskin. I feel like a scrub not having it for Mountain Busters. I was getting wrecked. Definitely had some tank gins due to my low health pool.

Except that is is. DPS isn't even an issue when everyone is alive. We were beating LS on first phase and wheel bomb on heart phase; four dps group.
Yeah, Titan Ex is almost 100% an awareness check. The DPS checks in the fight (heart, adds, superbombs) are trivial for decently geared players if everyone is alive.

The DPS checks on Ifrit are actually somewhat stiffer, but it's an easier fight mostly because it's so much more forgiving of mistakes (provided they're not by the healers) than Titan is.

DPS checks on Ifrit are almost non-existent lol.  I've cleared nails with a dps dead the entire time.  I would say Ifrit is more a class check than anything.  If you have 3-4 melee you might as well requeue.  I suppose if you have really, really bad dps in there then it can be a dps check but then again, it never happens because the only dps in there have cleared titan and normally already have their primal weapon.  Either way, Ifrit Ex is the biggest joke of an extreme mode IMO.  Tough on healers that aren't great, but that's it.

I still think Garuda is the easiest, since it can pretty easily be solo healed (so can Titan, but it's much tougher) or even solo tanked.  From a healer perspective, Garuda is definitely easier than Ifrit.

I still think Garuda is the easiest, since it can pretty easily be solo healed (so can Titan, but it's much tougher) or even solo tanked. From a healer perspective, Garuda is definitely easier than Ifrit.
In Garuda, if anyone dies during add phases it's pretty much a wipe unless your dps can carry a dead melee or the healer is used to solo healing. I've had Ifrit attempts where dps dies, tank dies, and/or healer dies and still downed it. It's also the least creative fight out of the three considering there is no possibility for solo tanking/healing it. Adding a 5th dps would break the fight anyway since Ifrit will HP % enrage if pushed too hard before a nail phase, resulting in a wipe. I was able to kill him again with a pug today because both healers were on their game, but I've never killed Garuda in a straight DF pug.

Pretty much says it all.

I won't have a chance to even try until I'm fairly done with Bravely Default :p but Ultima is supposed to be easier to pug than Titan HM right? We're just sitting around waiting for a friend to xfer over so I figured I should try to cap out on all pre-Coil loot in the meanwhile.

I won't have a chance to even try until I'm fairly done with Bravely Default :p but Ultima is supposed to be easier to pug than Titan HM right? We're just sitting around waiting for a friend to xfer over so I figured I should try to cap out on all pre-Coil loot in the meanwhile.
Yup, first Ultima down was actually through DF. Even though I think its harder than Titan HM.

looking nice Ryu finished this event this past weekend too. Never did the Lighting Returns stuff either so plan to run that as tonight's task.

bread's done
Back