Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

[quote name='elessar123']Not really. They charge more.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, I can commonly get more for an item on Amazon than on ebay.

If anyone's looking for a copy, PM me. I was going to take back this extra copy to Target in the morning, but didn't realize it was sold out everywhere. I'd prefer to help someone on here than return it.

[quote name='gnugget5']I've had a seller account on ebay for the past decade (or so), and I know people tend to buy more from established, trusted sellers...so take this with a grain of salt.

The various fees on ebay come from:

1. Listing fees
2. Closing fees (a set % of final price, depending on the type of item and auction format)
3. Electronic payment transfer fees (e.g. paypal)

Up until a few years ago, some sellers used to get away from "paying" these fees by gouging buyers on shipping and handling charges. With the inclusion of our ability to sort listings by price+shipping and shipping cost caps (for some items), this has been minimized (to an extent). I personally only ever charged reasonable S&H fees, so I didn't feel the backlash after the changes were implemented.[/QUOTE]

ebay takes more fees on BUY IT NOW instead of auction i think 12.5 comapir to 10%

If you sell a video game for $61+3.99 on Amazon, you get back $54.34, pre-shipping costs.

On ebay, if you sell the same item for $64.99 with free shipping, you get back $54.49, pre-shipping costs.

Not a big difference.

If you're a top seller on ebay, you get back $55.66.

[quote name='sp1cychick3n']OK, guys and gals, I need your help. I'm interested in 3DS but I do not know what model to get. I've heard that the XL is not as comfortable but I've never found any specifics. Can anyone, who has both models, share the advantages and disadvantages of both models? I would really appreciate it. This bundle does interest me but I don't know if I should go with the normal 3ds model or the XL. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]I don't own both models, but I've had the chance to play a few games on a friend's XL and I loved it enough to purchase one for myself.

Advantages of 3DS XL
+ Bigger screen
+ Screen locks into two different positions instead of just one
+ The 3D slider locks off
+ Better ergonomics if you have big hands
+ Matte finish and, IMO, the buttons and slide pad are made much better

Disadvantages of 3DS XL
- Some pixellation due to bigger screen
- Larger form factor might make it awkward to carry around
- Doesn't work with current circle pad pro (Nintendo hasn't released the XL version in the US yet)

These are just what I see as the pros/cons between the two, and I'm sure others could add to it.

OT: I wonder if the 'pre-order' on Newegg will actually go through on Tuesday. I tried looking around at my local B&M stores, but didn't have much luck :/

The 3DSXL is also heavier and some report hands cramping up from this, which is why I got the regular one.

More expensive, but not by much if you can find a sale, BB had it for $170 a couple weeks ago from what I recall, but now its back to $199

The (regular) 3DS has a serious issue with the edges of the bottom screen coming into contact with the top screen and leaving smudges then scratches after a while. I know, mine does this so its not a myth at all. I am not sure if this was fixed on the XL but its something to look into.

Also the buttons on the bottom screen will come in contact with the top screen and cause scratches almost instantly.

If you do buy the regular 3DS you need to slap a top screen protector on it as soon as you open it for the first time or else you WILL get scratches all over the top screen.

Putting something inbetween the 2 screens doesn't seem to work and is a huge pain, as the smudges still occur somehow, I tried it and it did not work for me. Even though I put a screen protector on the top screen of mine the screen protector is seriously indented on the right side from the flaw.

A bottom screen protector is a must as well for any DS system put huge gouges in my screen protector just from normal playing (on every DS I have had) and I don't even play action games, I play Pokemon & RPG games. The type of screen protector I use does not matter, it will get gouged, I just buy a couple packs from ebay.

[quote name='djricekcn']3DS XL also has worse / less powerful speakers if you use speakers over headphones (like me)[/QUOTE]

The 3DS XL's "weak" sound can be fixed by going in the menu and setting the sound to "stereo" which for some baffling reason it isn't by default. Unless you've done that and it's still worse, I wouldn't really know since I haven't used a regular 3DS much. I just know that I noticed a big difference immediately after changing that one setting.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Your best shot at getting the game in-store now would probably be Kmart. Most Kmarts just got the game this weekend, and after doing a check of area stores in multiple cities here in Ohio, most of them have it in-stock, which is probably a similar case around the rest of the country.

Here's the page for Kmart if you wanna find out:

http://www.kmart.com/nintendo-fire-...W004740368001P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3[/QUOTE]

doesnt seem like theres any by the cleveland area :(

[quote name='Josh5890']Holy crap this game is getting rare quickly. I better get my butt into gear.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe that there won't be a reprint, I mean...there has to be, right?

[quote name='Drclaw411']I can't believe that there won't be a reprint, I mean...there has to be, right?[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to bet it's either unexpected demand or bad luck with the distribution. If I remember correctly, Theatrhythm was hard to find at first due to unexpected high demand and went for crazy prices on eBay/Amazon. Now it's easy to find and was even hella cheap during Amazon's Black Friday & Christmas push.

What do you think is a better investment for this game? The 3ds bundle with the game preinstalled? Or the physical game itself?

I have a 3ds and a 3ds XML already, FYI. But I don't mind buying a third system!

[quote name='panzerjedi']I'm willing to bet it's either unexpected demand or bad luck with the distribution. If I remember correctly, Theatrhythm was hard to find at first due to unexpected high demand and went for crazy prices on eBay/Amazon. Now it's easy to find and was even hella cheap during Amazon's Black Friday & Christmas push.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to put my money on the fact that Nintendo messed up distribution with the random Monday release date. Is Fire Emblem known to go OOP quickly? Theatrhythm may be another story since the Final Fantasy games do tend to get cheap faster than most with FF13-2 being a prime example. I'm afraid that if I hesitate and wait for a B2G1 (we may get one in late March if last year serves as an example) that it won't be around.

Theres some in stock at my local kmart (5 blocks from my house). Was hoping to use my leftover gamestop credit to buy it, but I might just have to go pick this up at kmart tomorrow. Read the reviews, seems beyond awesome. Thanks for the kmart stock tip!

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']What do you think is a better investment for this game? The 3ds bundle with the game preinstalled? Or the physical game itself?

I have a 3ds and a 3ds XML already, FYI. But I don't mind buying a third system![/QUOTE]
The 3ds would probably be a better investment, but I have a feeling physical will also go up in price in few years. Fire Emblem for DS new is already around $80. I think the best choice would be to get both bundle, the physical game, and the Gamestop promo artbook, if you can still find it.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']The 3DS XL's "weak" sound can be fixed by going in the menu and setting the sound to "stereo" which for some baffling reason it isn't by default. Unless you've done that and it's still worse, I wouldn't really know since I haven't used a regular 3DS much. I just know that I noticed a big difference immediately after changing that one setting.[/QUOTE]

no it doesn't, 3ds xl speakers are cheaper . weaker by default, it's already mentioned by Nintendo of Japan directly. it is noticable for me as well, I mainly play 3DS in my house and I can tell the difference easily, it's not minor.

[quote name='djricekcn']no it doesn't, 3ds xl speakers are cheaper . weaker by default, it's already mentioned by Nintendo of Japan directly. it is noticable for me as well, I mainly play 3DS in my house and I can tell the difference easily, it's not minor.[/QUOTE]

QFT! On my old 3DS I could hear everything perfectly fine at half volume and sometimes I found even that was a bit loud at times, whereas with the XL I need to jack the volume up all the way to even be able to hear the game. I have pretty good hearing too so I know it's not me. :cry:

Fair enough, I prefer headphones anyway. I still think there would be less complaints about the sound if not for that one weird setting though.

Wow. I was really nonchalant in purchasing both the 3DS Bundle as well as the game. No troubles at all. Both are still sealed, and maybe it'll be smarter to keep it that way? I can afford a download :)

i have a feeling this fire emblem 3ds will not raise in market price for many years so go ahead an open it unless if you can wait 10 years or something

Damnit! just found out that the good local Gamestop around here is closing in a few weeks =( this is the place where they actually had good employees that hooked me up with pre order swag and other junk. With this one going away i doubt i'll be buying stuff from GS much anymore. Man what a bummer. The other one in town is horrible and staffed by idiots

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I don't know if I believe in the idea that they're not going to print many; I've seen that embarrassing commercial on television at least twice a day for the past week or two.[/QUOTE]

Christ, i know, right? Can the voice over guy possibly sound any more bored?

[quote name='SaraAB']
The (regular) 3DS has a serious issue with the edges of the bottom screen coming into contact with the top screen and leaving smudges then scratches after a while. I know, mine does this so its not a myth at all. I am not sure if this was fixed on the XL but its something to look into.

Also the buttons on the bottom screen will come in contact with the top screen and cause scratches almost instantly.

If you do buy the regular 3DS you need to slap a top screen protector on it as soon as you open it for the first time or else you WILL get scratches all over the top screen.

Putting something inbetween the 2 screens doesn't seem to work and is a huge pain, as the smudges still occur somehow, I tried it and it did not work for me. Even though I put a screen protector on the top screen of mine the screen protector is seriously indented on the right side from the flaw.

A bottom screen protector is a must as well for any DS system put huge gouges in my screen protector just from normal playing (on every DS I have had) and I don't even play action games, I play Pokemon & RPG games. The type of screen protector I use does not matter, it will get gouged, I just buy a couple packs from ebay.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck? Can anyone confirm this? This seems like the kind of thing that i would have heard about by now if its true or that nintendo would have caught.. i cant see them desining it so poorly that the buttons scratch the top screen.. or the top screen somehow scratching up/smudging the bottom screen.

Is this a real thing? I may just leave the little pad that came in the system in place if it is o_O and i wont be using it till i get the hori screen protector on

[quote name='djricekcn']no it doesn't, 3ds xl speakers are cheaper . weaker by default, it's already mentioned by Nintendo of Japan directly. it is noticable for me as well, I mainly play 3DS in my house and I can tell the difference easily, it's not minor.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Vector']QFT! On my old 3DS I could hear everything perfectly fine at half volume and sometimes I found even that was a bit loud at times, whereas with the XL I need to jack the volume up all the way to even be able to hear the game. I have pretty good hearing too so I know it's not me. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Hmm so just changing the sound setting doesn't make the audio as good as the regular 3DS? Anyone else notice the difference for sure? This kinda sucks if this is the case. Did they have to shrink the speakers to make room for the larger screen or something?

Even if this is the case, im assuming the headphone out jack puts out the same sound right?

[quote name='Kenshindono']
What the fuck? Can anyone confirm this? This seems like the kind of thing that i would have heard about by now if its true or that nintendo would have caught.. i cant see them desining it so poorly that the buttons scratch the top screen.. or the top screen somehow scratching up/smudging the bottom screen.

Is this a real thing?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a real thing ... but I wouldn't sweat it once you grab a hori screen protector. Until then, just don't put your 3ds in a position where the top and bottom are going to be pushed together (aka in a bag, in your pocket, etc) and it should be fine.

Honestly, I would grab an XL if I had the option, it's a nicer design and they changed things that make it feel higher quality - matte finish, buttons that aren't stickers (yeah, that's real too on the original 3ds). I plan to upgrade later this year if they release a bundle or better colors than red and blue (I can't believe the Nintendo bs that Americans don't buy silver ... ridiculous).

Everyone has their preferences. I have big hands and the original 3DS hurts them. The 3DS xl doesn't cramp my hands at all. My 3DS had a longer battery life (cause I bought and installed the battery extender). The 3DS speakers WERE better, but my screen is double the size and my ambassador games look awesome on my 3DSXL.

Ultimately, there's always going to be someone trying to say "This is better" or "that is better" when it's all personal preferences. In my house, in IHOP, at the movies, I have NO issues hear the 3DSXL's speakers. And while there is an occasional crackle if I have it maxed out, it's nothing that detracts me from the other things. In fact, had Fire Emblem released as an XL I would have bought the special edition.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Everyone has their preferences. I have big hands and the original 3DS hurts them. The 3DS xl doesn't cramp my hands at all. My 3DS had a longer battery life (cause I bought and installed the battery extender). The 3DS speakers WERE better, but my screen is double the size and my ambassador games look awesome on my 3DSXL.

Ultimately, there's always going to be someone trying to say "This is better" or "that is better" when it's all personal preferences. In my house, in IHOP, at the movies, I have NO issues hear the 3DSXL's speakers. And while there is an occasional crackle if I have it maxed out, it's nothing that detracts me from the other things. In fact, had Fire Emblem released as an XL I would have bought the special edition.[/QUOTE]

I think it just comes down to your hand size. I have large hands, have both the original and XL 3DS', and I much prefer the XL. I have found speaker quality difference to be negligible at best between the two. And Nintendo fixed the screen touching issue from the original DS, the buttons overall are better, and the screens are bigger! With the large size I feel more like I am holding a controller rather than a cramped for space handheld.

Still, either way you go, you can't really go wrong.

[quote name='Kenshindono']

Is this a real thing? I may just leave the little pad that came in the system in place if it is o_O and i wont be using it till i get the hori screen protector on
[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. In fact, the Fire Emblem 3DS was a lot more prone to this than the Flame Red 3DS that I got last December that came with Super Mario 3D Land installed. Since I already knew this was going to happen I did happen to have a screen protector on the side ready to be installed. Unfortunately I went with a Zagg screen protector since I wanted the full body protector on this 3DS and it's not looking all that great thanks to the smudges. My other Flame Red 3DS has the Hori Screen protector and I can tell you that while it does get the scratches on the protector, they're pretty easy to wipe away. So you should be fine.

I never had the issue of the buttons scratching up against the top LCD like someone else suggested here though.

I honestly don't know how Nintendo managed to miss this. I mean, for their testing I believe they didn't take into consideration that people would put the 3DS in their pockets and use it as a pedometer. I most definitely do that, and if it wasn't for that, I'm sure I wouldn't have the scratched screen symptom. I really doubt it'd be prone to scratching if I just let it sit at home all day long.

[quote name='ProudLoz']I can confirm this. In fact, the Fire Emblem 3DS was a lot more prone to this than the Flame Red 3DS that I got last December that came with Super Mario 3D Land installed. Since I already knew this was going to happen I did happen to have a screen protector on the side ready to be installed. Unfortunately I went with a Zagg screen protector since I wanted the full body protector on this 3DS and it's not looking all that great thanks to the smudges. My other Flame Red 3DS has the Hori Screen protector and I can tell you that while it does get the scratches on the protector, they're pretty easy to wipe away. So you should be fine.

I never had the issue of the buttons scratching up against the top LCD like someone else suggested here though.

I honestly don't know how Nintendo managed to miss this. I mean, for their testing I believe they didn't take into consideration that people would put the 3DS in their pockets and use it as a pedometer. I most definitely do that, and if it wasn't for that, I'm sure I wouldn't have the scratched screen symptom. I really doubt it'd be prone to scratching if I just let it sit at home all day long.[/QUOTE]

Because people will buy anything they throw at them with Nintendo's name on it? It's ridiculous.

It still scratches even if you just leave it sitting there closed, though it is more likely to happen if you have it closed and have it in bag or your pocket. This is a very real issue, it is not a myth. The issue seems to be that the sides of the bottom screen come in contact with the top screen. I am guessing that the edges of the top screen were not made long enough so the bottom screen hits it when it's closed. If the edges of the top screen were longer then this would not be an issue. I don't know how Nintendo screwed up on this but they screwed up big time. They also screwed up with the battery life and charging times of this system, and the fact that it seems to get very warm while playing it. Apparently this is normal though as I was playing my cousins system and his also gets very warm. His top screen is also covered in scratches and those smudges and has a loose top hinge that flops around when you play, at least mine doesn't have that.

The scratching is a real issue, but I can also vouch for the fact that I carried mine in a pocket for close to two years and never experienced it. Again, I'm not saying it isn't a problem, but it's also not a guarantee that everyone will face it with their 3DS. Outside of some dirt under the screen (argggggh), my launch 3DS still looks as good as it did when I bought it. No scratches.

That said, again, if you're buying a 3DS... go for the XL. I loved my 3DS, but I honestly can't see myself going back to it after playing the XL. It's night and day.

I think more shipments are coming in for certain stores like Target, but especially Best Buy. Yesterday I checked the stock of all Best Buys here in Northeast Ohio, and it was unavailable for all of them. But today, almost all of them have new stock. This is encouraging for those who missed out on it last week ago.

Here's the in-stock tracker for Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

Also, Kmart just got their copies in this weekend, so you may have a decent shot there too:

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10151_10104?keyword=fire%20emblem%20awakening

[quote name='Sgt Barone']I think more shipments are coming in for certain stores like Target, but especially Best Buy. Yesterday I checked the stock of all Best Buys here in Northeast Ohio, and it was unavailable for all of them. But today, almost all of them have new stock. This is encouraging for those who missed out on it last week ago.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

Also, Kmart just got their copies in this weekend, so you may have a decent shot there too:

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10151_10104?keyword=fire%20emblem%20awakening[/QUOTE]

I would be wary of using Target's stock tracker. I checked several stores showing in stock yesterday and none of them had it and then several new stores showed it in stock today and in calling those, it's clear they never received copies. Their stock tracker is completely useless.

[quote name='007']The scratching is a real issue, but I can also vouch for the fact that I carried mine in a pocket for close to two years and never experienced it. Again, I'm not saying it isn't a problem, but it's also not a guarantee that everyone will face it with their 3DS. Outside of some dirt under the screen (argggggh), my launch 3DS still looks as good as it did when I bought it. No scratches.

That said, again, if you're buying a 3DS... go for the XL. I loved my 3DS, but I honestly can't see myself going back to it after playing the XL. It's night and day.[/QUOTE]
Same, I have a launch 3DS and there's no scratches. After using a friend's XL, I can definitely say I prefer the XL over the original.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']I think more shipments are coming in for certain stores like Target, but especially Best Buy. Yesterday I checked the stock of all Best Buys here in Northeast Ohio, and it was unavailable for all of them. But today, almost all of them have new stock. This is encouraging for those who missed out on it last week ago.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10151_10104?keyword=fire emblem awakening[/QUOTE]

THAAAAAAAAAAAANK you for this! I've been checking over and over for a restock.

Many of the San Antonio BBY locations have some in stock right now, 4 left at the BBY at north park location.

[quote name='209chromatic']I ordered onfrom BBY yesterday but they need to ship it to my local store. It now shows in stock, do I have to wait for them to ship the copy I ordered?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I believe you do need wait your ship to store copy to arrive. You might be able to cancel your order online or call BestBuy.com to cancel/change your order to store pickup.

Been on the lookout for one for my friend, but every store within a reasonable distance is sold out. If anybody could snag a copy for me I'd be extremely grateful!

about the DOWNLOAD MAPs notice they download to the SD CARD meaning if you have the game BUY THE MAPS... Beat the game trade off the game find the game on sale 6 months from now at 10 buck would those maps be on new cart or will you have to REBUY THEM

[quote name='Deader2818']First off, id like to know where you find any Fire Emblem game for 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

target when some worker puts a wrong label on the game :)

i found 4 copies of the GBA fire emblem for like 5.98 still have 2 of them sealed i really should try to sell some day

but back to topic would those download work on a new game

Picked up a copy at my kmart today. They didn't have any in stock, so the guy went to look in the back "cage" for me. He came out with 2 copies (1 for me, the other for the glass case). He said that they were in the cage with a label saying "do not put out until Feb 4th" and said that they just hadn't put any out, ever. Hooray! Game is awesome, btw!

Went to a Target that showed In stock on the website tracker, but when I got there, no game was to be found and the sales associated said they don't have any in stock. =/

[quote name='CAG90210']Went to a Target that showed In stock on the website tracker, but when I got there, no game was to be found and the sales associated said they don't have any in stock. =/[/QUOTE]

Yep. There is something very screwed up about Target inventory tracker. All day stores have been showing it in stock in various locations but when I call, they either sold out days ago or the employee does the inventory check using the hand scanner gun and it shows that they have not yet received their stock. It's very confusing as I don't understand how the information even gets updated in their system.

[quote name='Deader2818']First off, id like to know where you find any Fire Emblem game for 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

ah geez, looking at Amazon, you're right. I think I still have my GBA versions (enjoyed both), got rid of DS's Shadow Dragon (was meh). I got the latter a couple years ago for $10-11 as I recall. Guess those days are over now. Probably should have kept it to sell it later.

I still have a sealed Radiant Dawn (Wii) and mint used copy of Path of Radiance (GC), both I haven't played yet. Probably should play PoR before I decide if I want to dump my Wii.

bread's done
Back