Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, for under $15! 10/10 on 1up!

OK, it's official, I've seen this game @ Kmart in their cheap games/front row/front lane section for the MSRP of $14.99.

Of course, those sections are usually in such a far off corner of electronics that they look like they're never touched.

I finally saw it in store at my local EBstop. $5 over retail but if someone somehow can't get it ANYWHERE else, it's still well worth the money.

[quote name='Halo05']I finally saw it in store at my local EBstop. $5 over retail but if someone somehow can't get it ANYWHERE else, it's still well worth the money.[/quote]

Its well worth $20. But it pisses me off how GS gouges people on the price of certain games. They love to tack an extra $5 onto lots of stuff. Cheap ps2, and DS games specifically. But at least they open the game for you before you buy it. :roll:

It's gouging in the sense that Agetec set their MSRP at 14.99 and Gamestop doesn't want to honor their wishes. I realize it isn't illegal, it's simply disrespectful and if there's anything a company that decided to localize Firepro deserves, it's respect.

Like I said, absolutely last resort.

I've held off the temptation to pick up Orange Box at a GS close to my house (aren't they all, though?) because I know I'd pay $60 plus tax. They're also one of the few places charging $39.99 for FFXII: Revenant Wings, and this on top. I can get it cheaper elsewhere; the same is true of any software. GS should be used as an absolute last resort, IMO, and nothing else.

OT, this game is just too damned amazing all around. I would kill for online matches; if they can make VF5 playable online with all its timing demands, I think that FPW should be next. In the meantime, I've been salivating over those WCW/WWF/ECW packs.

this has been waiting at my house waiting to be played(not home right now)
got it during amazons dotd when it was $5...though it was really $9.48 with shipping couldnt espcially with everyone raving about how good it is :D

I don't think so. I had to use an AR Max thing back in 2005 with the original import along with (I think), everyone else.

The whole process is simplified with a PS3 but you do have to wait for the saves to get converted to .psv files.

Ah! And he has it in PS3 save format! Thank the gods! And you for posting it.

Anyone have access to, or can upload his other two saves in PS3 format?

[quote name='AK85']http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9565

http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9549

You will have to sign up for the forums if you haven't already, but there are other saves in ps3 format that you might be interested in.[/QUOTE]Could those files be put on a PS2 memory card, if you have the memory card adapter for PS3? Or are those strictly for some sort of "virtual memory card" system that the PS3 uses for BC games? I don't have a PS3 so I'm not familiar with the interface. But I'm hoping I could just give my PS3-owning friend one of my memory cards, refer him to the fire pro club links, and get hooked up.

I don't have a ps3 either but I think I understand how it works. You would download the ps3 version files. Notice how fireproclub always marks the downloads ps2 or ps3. Once download transfereto a usb device. Stick the usb device in to the ps3. Transfer files to PS3. Then use the game to add the people you want.

I'm sort of confused.

BustUppa, all your PS3 owning friend needs to download Firepro stuff (in the proper format) is a USB memory stick with the correct folder setup. I don't remember if it's been mentioned in this thread but the idea is this.

1. Get a USB drive. I use a pretty much empty one because school's out at the moment.

2. Make a folder inside the drive named PS3

3. Inside the PS3 folder make another one named EXPORT

4. Inside the EXPORT folder make another one named PSV

5. Put... crap, gotta go, I'll finish editing this in a couple hours.

Oh I should probably clarify my somewhat confusing question: I'm just a PS2 owner, who is wondering if I can mooch off a PS3-owner in order to get those Firepro Club saves onto my PS2 memory card.

btw Halo05... just got internet in my apartment, so I took your instructions for 3-color wristbands and emailed them to myself. So sometime soon I'll whip out the formula and start messing with CAW mode. Thanks!

I understand your question now Busta. I don't think there's a way to do what you're looking for. I'm 99% sure the memory card transfer device is a one-way trip. I'll go double check right now.

EDIT - I was wrong. You can transfer stuff from the virtual memory cards on the PS3s hard drive to physical memory cards using that little doodad. So to get stuff onto your Firepro, just get it onto a PS3 virtual memory card via the USB method, then connect your PS2 memory card to the PS3 and transfer the file through the PS3s memory card manager. The only thing to be careful of is overwriting your base Firepro save. Just make sure the PS2 memory card that's getting the new information doesn't have a preexisting Firepro save on it or it'll get overwritten (I think, I didn't try it out).

[quote name='Halo05']EDIT - I was wrong. You can transfer stuff from the virtual memory cards on the PS3s hard drive to physical memory cards using that little doodad. So to get stuff onto your Firepro, just get it onto a PS3 virtual memory card via the USB method, then connect your PS2 memory card to the PS3 and transfer the file through the PS3s memory card manager. The only thing to be careful of is overwriting your base Firepro save. Just make sure the PS2 memory card that's getting the new information doesn't have a preexisting Firepro save on it or it'll get overwritten (I think, I didn't try it out).[/quote]

Correct, they will have to add it to a virtual memory card before they can copy it to a PS2 memory card. They can't go right from the usb drive to the PS2 memory card.

I just got this and neo-geo battle coliseum at best buy for 22 bucks total.
Last neo-geo they had and they had 4 fire pro's in the frontline games section.
I really don't know how to grapple or when to push the buttong at the right time, but I can tell it's a great game. I love the fact that there are so many different refs.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I just got this and neo-geo battle coliseum at best buy for 22 bucks total.
I really don't know how to grapple or when to push the buttong at the right time, but I can tell it's a great game. I love the fact that there are so many different refs.[/quote]

22 for them all? 0.o I paid like around 60 for them all -_-

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I just got this and neo-geo battle coliseum at best buy for 22 bucks total.
I really don't know how to grapple or when to push the buttong at the right time, but I can tell it's a great game. I love the fact that there are so many different refs.[/QUOTE]

You grapple by walking near or into your opponent. It happens automatically, without any button presses. As for moves, the moment you come together in a grapple, you push a button (square for weak, circle for medium, x for strong move, and triangle for an irish whip).

Set the COM level to 1 and work your way up to really discover the moment.

I really don't know how to grapple or when to push the buttong at the right time, but I can tell it's a great game. I love the fact that there are so many different refs.[/quote]

You can make your own refs too!

Visit fireproclub.com and learn some more about the game. Or go to gamefaqs and check out Billwoods guide to the game, and invaluable tool.

I have a deep hate this game. What a waste of time and money. Wrestlemania 2000 on the 64 is superior in every way. Games aren't supposed to piss you off to the point where you want to snap them in half. I need to get rid of this POS. I couldnt get to sleep till 3 am it had me so heated. And now again today I am so f-ing pissed right now.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I have a deep hate this game. What a waste of time and money. Wrestlemania 2000 on the 64 is superior in every way. Games aren't supposed to piss you off to the point where you want to snap them in half. I need to get rid of this POS. I couldnt get to sleep till 3 am it had me so heated. And now again today I am so f-ing pissed right now.[/quote]

Wow. You must really suck.

On a different note, does anyone who loves this game know if you can have more than one save on the memory card in slot 2 when you go to transfer edits?

You can only have one Firepro save per card.

Sorry Mr. Roper, the game doesn't suck. I've been playing Firepro since 1997 and this is the best one yet. If you don't want to get good at it, that's your prerogative but the "community" loves it almost universally.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I have a deep hate this game. What a waste of time and money. Wrestlemania 2000 on the 64 is superior in every way. Games aren't supposed to piss you off to the point where you want to snap them in half. I need to get rid of this POS. I couldnt get to sleep till 3 am it had me so heated. And now again today I am so f-ing pissed right now.[/quote]

Im sorry that you dont want to take the time to learn a new (to you) control and play system, but the game most certainly does not suck.

And a waste of money??? Its $15. Or as low as $5 if you got in on the Amazon sale. :roll:

I paid $20 for it at GS, and I don't feel ripped off one bit. I've probably gotten more play out of this than I have all the Smackdowns I've bought for $30 or more.

What you might be doing is playing it like street fighter or mortal kombat. I am not a pro at this but I'll try to give you some tips that might make it more fun.

You might want to put in player two and just have him stand there while you practice on him. Or turn down the skill level to the lowest setting, this might be a better idea.

Your big moves will fail if you you used them right away. Instead do weak moves, middle moves, and then toward the end pull out the big moves. And remember to breath.

Smashing buttons is useless. When you grapple which is done without you having to do anything you do one move. Don't try and do the move more than once. Its all about timing.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I have a deep hate this game. What a waste of time and money. Wrestlemania 2000 on the 64 is superior in every way. Games aren't supposed to piss you off to the point where you want to snap them in half. I need to get rid of this POS. I couldnt get to sleep till 3 am it had me so heated. And now again today I am so f-ing pissed right now.[/QUOTE]
Make a video of you playing. I want to see this.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5_TaQrUD08&feature=related[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSJ-cGOmFo4&feature=related[/media]

I can't wait for this.

It looks like Rev is making a WWF Attitude-era pack. There's probably more stuff about it at fireproclub.com but I'm too lazy to go check it out at the moment. I'll definitely be downloading it March 1st.

I'd offer to buy it off you for like $5 shipped, but I just noticed you're banned, so I doubt you'll read this. LOL

Personally, I was a bit annoyed by the game, but I think I was getting the hang of it. Of course, then I sold it along with most of my PS2/Xbox collection on here for $$$$. I can always rebuy it from BB or Kmart, where I've seen it for $10-15 though. So, no biggie on selling my first copy of it.

I just got this a couple days ago and I'm in the middle of the learning curve right now, probably reading the manual would help. But so far I love this game!!!

If you want something to read that will help you out more than the (decent) manual, you should search for Bill Wood's complete Firepro Returns guide. I think it's up at Fireproclub.com. It's based on the JP version but it has stuff about grappling and when to enter the commands that would still work for the US version.

How do I get that pack on my memory card?

Also, can you combine packs (ie wcw 98 with wwf 98?)

I have had this game since the Amazon deal and never opened it, but I just got a new PS2 slim. Which converting tool do I need to buy for this to work?

[quote name='soccerstud652']How do I get that pack on my memory card?

Also, can you combine packs (ie wcw 98 with wwf 98?)

I have had this game since the Amazon deal and never opened it, but I just got a new PS2 slim. Which converting tool do I need to buy for this to work?[/QUOTE]

To get it onto a memory card, you'll need some sort of Pro Action Replay device. I imagine the newest ones will work with the slim PS2s (I had a fat PS2 before it got replaced by my PS3). I'm not really sure where they're cheapest but as long as it allows you to transfer saves off the internet to the PS2 via a usb drive, you should be set.

You can combine packs manually. I don't recall the exact process but you'll eventually get to a screen that shows the contents of both memory cards. In this case, one will have all the WCW guys, the other will have the WWE wrestlers. From there you can pick and choose which ones to migrate over. They'll lose their "affiliation" in the process which means you'll have to recreate either WWE/F or WCW yourself for the transferred guys. Or just stick them all in one big, generic "USA" fed if you don't feel like separating nWo Wolfpack, DX, etc.

Conversion tools can be found at www.fireproclub.com. The one you need will depend upon which device you buy to transfer saves off the internet and onto PS2 memory cards.

The only other bit of advice I have is to try and use "clean" memory cards when you're first starting out. I didn't and screwed up a memory card. It didn't physically damage it but somehow all the saves on the card got corrupted.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'd offer to buy it off you for like $5 shipped, but I just noticed you're banned, so I doubt you'll read this. LOL

Personally, I was a bit annoyed by the game, but I think I was getting the hang of it. Of course, then I sold it along with most of my PS2/Xbox collection on here for $$$$. I can always rebuy it from BB or Kmart, where I've seen it for $10-15 though. So, no biggie on selling my first copy of it.[/quote]

LOL I guess I was wrong, since my local Kmarts sold out of the 1-2 copies they had and that has been absolutely IT for copies around here. I'm hoping like hell Best Buy gets another restock of them though, since my one buddy and I sit there and play all sort of wrestling/sports games for HOURS at a time and I figure that would be a good way for me to work on timing and what not.

bread's done
Back