Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, for under $15! 10/10 on 1up!

Hmmm... let me boot up the old game and see what the categories are called...

Under Edit Skill there are several variables that affect your wrestler's performance.

First is one that affects Critical strikes. Of these choices, only the first one is free, the other ones (Striking, Suplex, etc.) allow you to cause Criticals with moves of the listed types. For example, Vader has the "Power" Critical type which means that he can break people with a variety of chokeslams, powerbombs and powerslams.

Next there's the "Special" menu. This contains many different X-factors that wrestlers commonly have. For example, you know how sometimes, Hulk Hogan will take a devestating move (like being powerbombed by Vader) and just pop back up? An ability like that would be reflected with the "Q. Return" skill. These special skills cost varying numbers of points.

Finally there are the individual recovery, breathing and endurance skills. These cost more the higher you set them which allows a wrestler like Shawn Michaels to take a beating longer than say, I dunno, The Brooklyn Brawler. All these categories are simply further down the "Edit Skill" list.

All this stuff is in the instruction book. Another great resource is Billwood's Firepro Returns guide. It's floating around the internet in .pdf format. I think I downloaded it off www.fireproclub.com but that was a long time ago so I'm not sure if they're still hosting it. He also had his own website for a time but that seems to have vanished.

Finally got my copy(s)... Well I ordered one from Buy.com, did the Google Checkout and everything to get it around $7. Got it today and received TWO COPIES! I looked at the invoice and it clearly says ONE, so I guess I got lucky, but it's not like I need TWO Copies of this game...

Well, I tried out the English version for the first time today. I played a couple of matches, then I got to work!

I downloaded a US rename save and got that onto memory card 1.

Then I painstakingly put save after save onto memory card two and imported wrestlers over to my base save.

I couldnt find a US converted version of the Mysterious Kaguras pack (the best edit maker imo) so I had to download a PS2 save builder and covert the Japanese save to a US save (pretty painless process actually).

And Finally, I had to convert my personal base save from the Japanese game to a US save, so I could grab all the edits Ive made myself over the past 2 years.

So now I have all the edits I want/need on a US save file. Now all I have to do is go and organize them into Federations and factions. Right after Heroes is over. And then... finally, I can continue running my Firepro fed... in English! :D

[quote name='Puffa469']Well, I tried out the English version for the first time today. I played a couple of matches, then I got to work!

I downloaded a US rename save and got that onto memory card 1.

Then I painstakingly put save after save onto memory card two and imported wrestlers over to my base save.

I couldnt find a US converted version of the Mysterious Kaguras pack (the best edit maker imo) so I had to download a PS2 save builder and covert the Japanese save to a US save (pretty painless process actually).

And Finally, I had to convert my personal base save from the Japanese game to a US save, so I could grab all the edits Ive made myself over the past 2 years.

So now I have all the edits I want/need on a US save file. Now all I have to do is go and organize them into Federations and factions. Right after Heroes is over. And then... finally, I can continue running my Firepro fed... in English! :D[/QUOTE]

The Mysterious Kagura is about the one guy who's edits I really look forward to. His stuff can be a bit redundant (12 Lygers?!) but wow are they accurate. They also fit perfectly with Spike's premade wrestlers so that's nice.

At this point I'm just waiting for someone at www.fireproclub.com to put Kagura's pack in .psv format.

[quote name='Halo05']The Mysterious Kagura is about the one guy who's edits I really look forward to. His stuff can be a bit redundant (12 Lygers?!) but wow are they accurate. They also fit perfectly with Spike's premade wrestlers so that's nice.

At this point I'm just waiting for someone at www.fireproclub.com to put Kagura's pack in .psv format.[/quote]

Is '.psv' the PS3 save format? Im sure someone will convert it soon, theres already a thread asking about that that I bumped up yesterday.

I once had a 16 man 'Jushin Liger Invitational Tournament' using all of Kaguras edits, the default Liger, and a couple more Ligers to round it out to 16. It was an exciting tourny, but as expected, Liger won.

Ordered mine from Amazon (mooched Prime account baby!) so I should have it any day now. Just got my own apartment and am now freshly single... which equals plenty of time for this game, lol.

I'll have to get some sort of save transfer device for my slim PS2 soon. Meanwhile I can focus on creating my buddies from the indy fed I work for, heh heh.

Finally found a copy at my local Gamestop. Pretty good game so far.

Anyone know any sites that has formulas for WWE/TNA/ROH wrestlers? Or is everyone just downloading saves?

[quote name='TheRock88']Finally found a copy at my local Gamestop. Pretty good game so far.

Anyone know any sites that has formulas for WWE/TNA/ROH wrestlers? Or is everyone just downloading saves?[/quote]

Unfortunately noone really puts up templates anymore. Everybody is downloading and transferring packs nowadays.

I finally got my english save all setup the way my Japanese save was. Today I spent a few hours assigning my edits to various promotions. Then I created some referees, and rings that I had in the Jap game.

The hardest part was recreating all my championship belts. I loaded up my japanese game, and wrote down all the formulas for belts and rings on a piece of paper, then I remade them all in the english game.

After about 3-4 hours I was done, and right now Im running my second event on the english game. Lots of upsets so far. Low Ki beat KENTA, and AJ Styles beat Jeff Jarrett.

I haven't mucked around with Match Maker mode yet (or whatever the mode is called when you're the booker). I went in to scope it out for a few minutes, but couldn't figure out how to exit back to the main menu. I ended up having to reset my PS2.

Just curious, but how much of an initial time investment are you looking at if you want to start this mode? Like from the start of it, until the first opportunity to save and exit.

I don't know. I haven't messed with it yet either. I don't know if I will. I enjoy playing as the Japanese wrestlers but I have no idea about who is supposed to feud with who because it's been ages (late 90's) since I've followed Japanese prowrestling. It seems like that would lead to less than compelling feuds. I mean, I think Chono is still a heel while Tenzan has turned face but beyond that, I dunno.

[quote name='evilmax17']I haven't mucked around with Match Maker mode yet (or whatever the mode is called when you're the booker). I went in to scope it out for a few minutes, but couldn't figure out how to exit back to the main menu. I ended up having to reset my PS2.

Just curious, but how much of an initial time investment are you looking at if you want to start this mode? Like from the start of it, until the first opportunity to save and exit.[/QUOTE]

Between each event/card. Season Mode has 12 events with you gradually unlocking wrestlers and federations available to book. The other mode lets you book a super event with unlimited points ($) and wrestlers for just one event.

If you want to get through a card fast, just set it to sim at 800%. If you want to watch it and somewhat enjoy it, set it at 200%. You can also play as the wrestlers themselves on the cards.

[quote name='blackjaw']What page was the sweet PS3 save located on? I finally got this in the mail and want to pop it in!

Edit: page 11 www.fireproclub.com[/quote]

Where is it? Your link just goes to their main page. Thanks.

Got my copy! Seems really nice so far. And I can understand the complaints about the menu, as it is indeed a pain in the ass to navigate. I messed around with a fresh wrestler edit but the color palettes and stuff are confusing me... I'll have to read the manual more carefully today and re-read some of the posts in this thread.

Timing of the grapples is definitely throwing me off, as I've spent some time with the FPW2 on GBA. Basically you have to press the button later in this version, right?

Gotta get a custom save soon. I've got a friend with a PS3... is a PS3, PS2, and memory card enough to get me a custom save, or will I still need one of those codebreaker things?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Got my copy! Seems really nice so far. And I can understand the complaints about the menu, as it is indeed a pain in the ass to navigate. I messed around with a fresh wrestler edit but the color palettes and stuff are confusing me... I'll have to read the manual more carefully today and re-read some of the posts in this thread.

Timing of the grapples is definitely throwing me off, as I've spent some time with the FPW2 on GBA. Basically you have to press the button later in this version, right?

Gotta get a custom save soon. I've got a friend with a PS3... is a PS3, PS2, and memory card enough to get me a custom save, or will I still need one of those codebreaker things?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the timing is definantly later. People say it's when they lock up, but to me it seems like it's just after. I haven't touched the GBA version again since I fear I'll lose the timing again.

As for color pallettes, hit circle to get to the color screen, and square to bring up a menu with some different pallette options. Pain in the ass though. I'm considering getting the AR Max Drive but that thing is twice the cost of the game!

A save importing device may be expensive, but oh soo worth it when your having the following matchs...

Ronald McDonald vs. Colonel Harland Sanders in flourescent light tube exploding landmine 'King of Fastfood' deathmatch.

Brother against brother! Mario vs. Luigi in a Gruesome Fighting MMA Cage Match.

Giant Panther and King Slender vs. Starman and the Amazon

etc...

[quote name='BustaUppa']Gotta get a custom save soon. I've got a friend with a PS3... is a PS3, PS2, and memory card enough to get me a custom save, or will I still need one of those codebreaker things?[/QUOTE]

You can copy saves on the PS3 back to memory cards as long as the PS2 memory card is plugged in via the USB adapter from Sony. Shouldn't be hard at all, I imagine.

[quote name='Puffa469']Giant Panther and King Slender vs. Starman and the Amazon[/QUOTE]

!!! Which save file has those guys?

[quote name='whiptcracker']As for color pallettes, hit circle to get to the color screen, and square to bring up a menu with some different pallette options.[/QUOTE]Haha yeah it's really confusing. I thought I was changing the color of my kneepads, but instead it just changed the outline of my character to red, which looked retarded. And I had no idea how to change it back so I just quit out of CAW mode and started over.

I definitely need some tips on creating a new wrestler from scratch. I'm not sure if the options I want aren't there, or if I just don't know where to look. I want to make myself, and I need to get some good braided hair. How can I get hair that looks like the following:
BustaTotalChaosouchsmall.jpg

I'm also wondering if it's possible to get wristbands that look like that, with the red/white/blue stripes. For the bottom half I would need baggy black jeans. Any assistance would be much appreciated!

[quote name='mykevermin']

!!! Which save file has those guys?[/quote]

Damn, I forget now, cos I used about 5-6 different saves to make my master save, but I will check for ya.

I have all the nes Prowrestling guys, two different sets, and that includes Great Puma. I also have the nes Tecmo Championship Wrestling guys, like Dr. Guildo and Mark Rose. I know Kaguras save has the Blazing Tornado guys. And theres also the Saturday Night Slam Masters edits on one of the packs.

*edit*

The Tecmo guys are in Billwoods pack I believe.

Heres a link to Captainhowdy's pack. http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/download/file.php?id=421 It contains one of the sets of nes Prowrestling edits.

[quote name='pete5883']Ooh I was trying earlier. That explains a lot.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. Even then it's still taking me awhile to get used to back and corner grapples. I just instictively go for the timing I use in the GBA games.

LOL OK, I'm still definitely a noob on this game. I made a monster female wrestler the other night with some of the moves of Goldberg and Andre combined. I maxed out her height and weight to the point where it was a struggle for Andre to even pick her up.

But, I still can't find this fuckin color palette thing people keep talking about. The controls are confusing enough as it is, with menus and submenus. I almost got lost about 10 times the other night when I played it. At this point, I think I consider myself lucky enough to be able to go in, pick a couple wrestlers, a match type and sim a match.

Suffice to say though, I'm still enjoying this game and it's STILL the best $7.39 I've ever spent on a game.

Ahhhh ok....took me long enough to find the edit wrestler options, but thanks alot Myke. I wonder if I could change the color to something like The Amazon from Pro Wrestling on the NES.

[quote name='mykevermin']When, in the edit menu, you have the choice of modifying the R/G/B levels to change a color, press the square button.[/QUOTE]

There's also the option to choose from some predefined color pallettes if you don't want to screw around with the R/B/G stuff.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Haha yeah it's really confusing. I thought I was changing the color of my kneepads, but instead it just changed the outline of my character to red, which looked retarded. And I had no idea how to change it back so I just quit out of CAW mode and started over.

I definitely need some tips on creating a new wrestler from scratch. I'm not sure if the options I want aren't there, or if I just don't know where to look. I want to make myself, and I need to get some good braided hair. How can I get hair that looks like the following:

I'm also wondering if it's possible to get wristbands that look like that, with the red/white/blue stripes. For the bottom half I would need baggy black jeans. Any assistance would be much appreciated![/QUOTE]

Choose a bald head that looks like yours, then in the Head section select layer and choose the dreadlocks, that's probably the closest. Good luck with the wrist pads though.

How to do 3 color wristbands.

This is pretty much for BustaUppa but with a few tweaks, you can make decent, not perfect wristbands in more than one color. For this example I'll be doing Busta's 3 color red, white and blue bands.

The lower arm setting should look like this.

Lower Arm
---> Base Male S
---> Layer 1 Wrist Bands
---> Layer 2 None

Now go into the wrist band color settings and change it to the following (reading left to right along the 4 individual colors)...

R 31 3 3 29
G 0 3 3 29
B 0 31 31 29

This should get you primarily white bands with red and blue highlights. The issue is that the color all the way on the right (in this case white) really dominates the bands. It's imperfect but after scanning through a bunch of The Mysterious Kagura's edits (and he's pretty much the best there is), I didn't see anything better. To make a 2 color wrist band (ala the Midnight Rockers when they won the AWA Tag Titles), keep the right-most color separate from the 3 colors on the left. In their case I think I put yellow as the right color and red as the 3 to the left.

The biggest issue is that there's no way to layer anything in this setting if you want small armbands. It's a breeze to make a wrestler's whole forearm 3 distinct colors but otherwise compromises have to be made.

EDIT - I just noticed that the formatting is off when I post this on the forum. To see it properly, pick "quote" and it should show up as I originally typed it with the numbers for the colors spaced out properly.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Is there any way to get a hairy chest besides choosing "bear"?[/QUOTE]

Not really. Unless you picked that layer that looks like an X and colored it so that most of it matched the skin tone and edited a bit of it to be brown or black.

So after a massive, 37 team round robin tournament I narrowed the field down to the top 16 teams in Firepro. Those teams were entered into a one night tournament and in the end...

The Outsiders defeated Mitsuharu Misawa and Akira Taue following an "Outlaw's Edge" on Misawa to win the World Tag Championship belts.

The Road Warriors went to a time limit draw against the team of Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow and that allowed the Outsiders to wrestle one less match in the tournament. I may have to give Misawa and Taue a rematch based on that.

Next comes the tournament for the singles Heavyweight Title.

[quote name='Halo05']The Road Warriors went to a time limit draw against the team of Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow and that allowed the Outsiders to wrestle one less match in the tournament. I may have to give Misawa and Taue a rematch based on that.

Next comes the tournament for the singles Heavyweight Title.[/quote]

Figures that Nash would figure out a way to work less. ;)

I finally went through the last Edit pack that I downloaded, which allowed me to pit Jack Bauer and Bill Clinton against Machete and Donald Trump, in a cage match. It was awesome.

In a somewhat odd turn of events, Akira Taue defeated his (apparently now) former tag partner Mitsuharu Misawa to win the World Heavyweight title. After winning the match via about a thousand chokeslams, Taue was heard yelling "That's what you get for laying down for Hall!" at Misawa.

Im just a couple weeks away from my annual New Years Eve PPV event, 'FINAL BATTLE 2KX', with 'X' being the year in question. Im actually up to Final Battle 2K8. Thats right, I play soo much I made it into the FUTURE!!!

My big main event for the NEW World Heavyweight Championship is the current champ, Samoa Joe, vs. VADER!

Samoa Joe won the title one year ago at Final Battle 2K7, where he defeated Jeff Jarrett. He's kept the title for an entire year, taking on all comers, with over 30 successful defenses. Vader was the very first champ, and has held the belt on three occassions. He's had the belt longer that Joe in total time, but Joe has a longer continuous run.

In all that time the two have never met in the ring. This will be a first.

Will Vader pass the torch, or will Joe defeat the legend and continue his reign into its second year?

To hype up the match, Im having Joe and Vader each captain their own team in a six men scramble match the night before the PPV.

Just a question, what is considered to be the best WWF Attitude / WCW roster pack? I have searched all over Fireproclub but I don't know which ones are quality.

I know alot of you guys have downloaded roster packs, so what are your suggestions (I am looking for rings too...).

Thanks

The only guy who's work I've been 100% happy with has been The Mysterious Kagura's. That being said, he made that pack back in 2005 so it's not entirely accurate (guys doing different moves now, Carlito's hair was still puffy back then).

Beyond that, I don't remember whose stuff I had downloaded back when the JP version was fairly new. I keep meaning to download more stuff but Mass Effect is all-consuming.

that video was full of awesomeness.

I just got an action replay a few days ago, so I've been messing around with all the different edit packs.

bread's done
Back