Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, for under $15! 10/10 on 1up!

Pre-ordered on 9/21/07 w/ Amazon Prime.
Still open status, expected delivery 11/15/07

Does anyone actually have this game in their hands? I'm thinking there may be a delay in shipping.

I don't have it in my hands yet, but I should by either weeks end or early next week. I just cancelled my GoGamer.com order, which was gonna cost me $14.13 total and managed to do a Google Checkout signup and get it for $7.39 shipped from Buy.com.

GCO wasn't working on buy.com up till today for this item. I wonder if the fact that it was listed as a 'pre-order' had anything to do with it because I remember reading something about the GCO discount not being able to be applied to pre orders or something.

This is odd. Today I got an email from Amazon asking me to approve the delay for Firepro. I follow the given link and when I get there, there's a message saying "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. " My estimated shipping date is 11/21 - 11/28. It doesn't seem like something would be "being prepared for shipping" when the earliest given ship date is a week away.

So Amazon, which is it? Is it delayed or is it about to ship?

EDIT - My plan now is to hit up some local stores and then return the Amazon copy when it arrives. I have 2 GS', a Best Buy, a Target, a Kmart and a Wal-Mart all within striking distance.

I'm probably jinxing it by posting this, but I ordered this yesterday at amazon even though it has the 2-4 weeks availablity on the page.

My status says "preparing for shipment" and estimated delivery is a couple of days.

picking up when I go into work this evening. I can't fucking wait. the fire pro games have always been nothing short of awesome.

My quest came up fruitless. GS said it got pushed back to the 23ish (can't recall their exact quote) and no other place had it either with their discount games or their regular PS2 titles. Oh well, hopefully Amazon winds up shipping soon.

[quote name='Halo05']My quest came up fruitless. GS said it got pushed back to the 23ish (can't recall their exact quote) and no other place had it either with their discount games or their regular PS2 titles. Oh well, hopefully Amazon winds up shipping soon.[/QUOTE]

My EB guys didnt even know what it was. Said it wasnt in the computer and he hadnt seen it on a list and to call back tomorrow or call around.

I think I'll just order it online somewhere to save myself the trouble.

[quote name='blackjaw']My EB guys didnt even know what it was. Said it wasnt in the computer and he hadnt seen it on a list and to call back tomorrow or call around.

I think I'll just order it online somewhere to save myself the trouble.[/QUOTE]

Same here.....just went to Buy.com and ordered it.

RC

Ordered it from agetec's site. Shortly after it looks like they took away the 'buy it' button, which is a good sign for me. Guessing they ran out of stock, and I was able to get in on it at the last second.

[quote name='Halo05']Amazon shipped this and KOF XI earlier today, fun weekend/thanksgiving break ahead.[/quote]

how the fuck does Amazon ship yours today, but it says its shipping those games to me on the 18th? I ordered both of those games from Amazon in August.

WTF??? :roll:

p.s. not mad at you Halo05, its Amazon Im pissed at.

The only reason I can think for mine shipping before some people's would be my Amazon Prime trial. I activated it for these games and a video I needed for school so maybe that bumped me up the list.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Well this is swell news:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=927675&topic=39544404

The Japanese version's edit packs can be converted into US game saves, allowing the transfer of wrestlers that people have already made.[/QUOTE]

That's great news.

The more I look at my PS3, the more I realize I'm going to have to rebuy a PS2 for this game just so I can get edits off the interweb and onto memory cards. I can probably stick with the existing guys until (hopefully) the PS2 drops to $99 but after that, all bets are off.

I posted this is the other thread, but I figured I'd toss this out here, too.

I signed up for the free Prime trial about 2 months ago, just to pre-order this. Fine, no problem, aside from the fact that they didn't cancel it like I had activated.

Anyway, everything seemed fine, until I got an e-mail this morning (after the expected ship date of yesterday) saying that they won't ship it until next week at the earliest. 5 hours later, I get an e-mail saying that it shipped, but with 3-day shipping instead of 2-day.

And it's coming from Arizona... to Pennsylvania.

I have no idea what in the hell is going on with Amazon, but I'll get my copy, so I guess I can't really complain.

*Excited*. :applause:

[quote name='Puffa469']how the fuck does Amazon ship yours today, but it says its shipping those games to me on the 18th? I ordered both of those games from Amazon in August.

WTF??? :roll:

p.s. not mad at you Halo05, its Amazon Im pissed at.[/quote]

My KoF XI is shipping soon. But it looks like Fire Pro went from 2 to 4 weeks to now in-stock on the website. Don't worry, you might be getting a shipping notice later today. Hopefully, they ordered enough copies from Agetec to cover the preorders. Sometimes, Amazon does not have enough copies to cover the initial preorders.This happened to me when I preorder Winning Eleven 2007 and more recently Guilty Gear XX Accent Core.

[quote name='MadFlava']My KoF XI is shipping soon. But it looks like Fire Pro went from 2 to 4 weeks to now in-stock on the website. Don't worry, you might be getting a shipping notice later today. Hopefully, they ordered enough copies from Agetec to cover the preorders. Sometimes, Amazon does not have enough copies to cover the initial preorders.This happened to me when I preorder Winning Eleven 2007 and more recently Guilty Gear XX Accent Core.[/quote]

Hmmm... hopefully they fufill preorders in the order which they were placed, cos Ive had the game ordered for literally months.

I converted Senator's edit pack using the method on GameFAQs. Here ya go.

EDIT: My buy.com order shipped yesterday, and the UPS website says it's going to arrive today. It was shipped from Illinois, so that's probably why it's so fast.

Firepro seems like it is the wrestling version of Winning Eleven. No License but superior gameplay to all other wrestling games out there but a deep customization mode that licenses are not needed.

2K games needs to take this approach with its football games so that people have an alternative to Madden.

[quote name='soccerstud652']What do we exactly need to download and transfer saves to the ps2? Links are appreciated.[/QUOTE]

This is what I used to use (and still would if I still had a PS2).

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=801843

It might be cheaper elsewhere but that's one of your options.

EDIT - I don't know what model PS2 you have so it may or may not work. Make sure you read the thing's packaging carefully. The first one I bought (way back in like 2004) wound up not working on my newer fat PS2.

Wait, would one of those work with a slim?

The UPS web page says my game was delivered about a half-hour after I left for school.

Whoo! My copy arrived a day early!

I'm about to go mess around with it some more but I've already had some pretty amazing stuff happen.

After renaming a few guys, I went and played an 8-man battle royal. As is my tradition for Firepro games, I played as Vader for this initial match. At about 10 minutes in, one of the cruiserweights who suffered the misfortune of being booked in the match rolls to the outside. I follow and nail Vader's whip powerbomb on the outside - CRITICAL! on the floor.

After naming a few more guys, I decide to watch a match. I put the Road Warriors up against the Outsiders. The Outsiders take control early with Scott Hall busting open Animal. By about the 15 minute mark, the Road Warriors have come back in a big way, brawling all over outside the ring. Animal hits a powerslam on Hall that would've put him away (I think) if it weren't for Nash's interference. I'm thinking the match is going to get to the 30 minute time limit when out of nowhere a beat-up Hall hits a top rope Outsiders Edge into a pin on Hawk.

Anyone who doesn't have this game on it's way to them needs to order it right now.

[quote name='evanft']Wait, would one of those work with a slim?

The UPS web page says my game was delivered about a half-hour after I left for school.[/QUOTE]

I think so. When I got mine, slims weren't out yet. Or they were but they were very new. At any rate, the gameshark people are constantly releasing new revisions of their stuff. Usually it says right on the packaging something like, "Works with 3000x and 5000x PS2 systems."

[quote name='Halo05']Whoo! My copy arrived a day early!

I'm about to go mess around with it some more but I've already had some pretty amazing stuff happen.

After renaming a few guys, I went and played an 8-man battle royal. As is my tradition for Firepro games, I played as Vader for this initial match. At about 10 minutes in, one of the cruiserweights who suffered the misfortune of being booked in the match rolls to the outside. I follow and nail Vader's whip powerbomb on the outside - CRITICAL! on the floor.

After naming a few more guys, I decide to watch a match. I put the Road Warriors up against the Outsiders. The Outsiders take control early with Scott Hall busting open Animal. By about the 15 minute mark, the Road Warriors have come back in a big way, brawling all over outside the ring. Animal hits a powerslam on Hall that would've put him away (I think) if it weren't for Nash's interference. I'm thinking the match is going to get to the 30 minute time limit when out of nowhere a beat-up Hall hits a top rope Outsiders Edge into a pin on Hawk.

Anyone who doesn't have this game on it's way to them needs to order it right now.[/quote]

I take it most of the guys who were renamed to avoid copyright issues are named something similar to their usual in ring names, right? My copy I ordered on the 13th is still stuck @ 'sent to warehouse' on buy.com, so I guess it'll be a while before I get this. Either way, I'm still having fun with SD vs. Raw 07 in the meantime, playing as Triple H.

BTW, in mixed tag matches on SD v. Raw, I wonder why they didn't make you tag out to the Diva on your team. It seems kinda unfair to allow the superstar to remain in the ring, due to the usual height/weight advantage.

I have yet to take the fighting into the crowd, but that's definitely an interesting thing to have in there too. Anyway, back to SD v. R 07 for me, while I wait for my copy of FPWR to get unstuck n get shipped. Hopefully, it won't take till Christmas.

I'm assuming this hasn't hit any B&M's yet. Otherwise we'd be seeing a lot more posts from people who have been playing the game. And the GameStop store locator is no help... it won't work because the game is still listed as "Pre-Release." I can't even find a listing for the game on BestBuy.com.

Oh well, I've gotta make a couple stops tonight anyway. If I do come across the game I will surely post!

Anyone see or hear of people converting the PS2 saves to PS3 saves? Or just posting a PS3 save? Should only be a matter of time.

[quote name='Halo05']Whoo! My copy arrived a day early!

Anyone who doesn't have this game on it's way to them needs to order it right now.[/quote]
Confirmed that all colors, wrestlers, and move lists are in tact? I heard that some Japanese voice samples were taken out.

[quote name='evilmax17']Confirmed that all colors, wrestlers, and move lists are in tact? I heard that some Japanese voice samples were taken out.[/quote]

alot of the voice samples were taken out. All the Japanese words/phrases are gone except for the ones used by default edits. I think its kinda stupid, they took stuff out but didnt add any new English voices in. Why not just leave the stuff in there?

This could cause problems if you convert/import an edit made on the Japanese version that happens to use a voice sample thats no longer in the Eglish release. Best case scenario is the sample is simply missing. Worst case scenario is that this could crash the game or even corrupt your save game data.

I would strongly reccomend against using a converted Japanese save as your 'base' save. Also, keep multiple copies of your game save on different memory cards, and if you have MAX software, keep a copy on your PC.

Alright, I've never used those Action Replay things before, so just bear that in mind.

You *can* transfer edit packs over with one, correct? And, does it have to be the EVO one, or can it be an older Action Replay?

I'm just sort of wondering what I need to look for, since I fully plan on using an edit pack to start. I don't really have the time right now to edit and create everyone, so it seems like the best option.

Thanks!

You need the AR MAX software and a thumbdrive thats 256mb or smaller in size. 512mb may work, but I cant confirm that. The 'EVO' portion of the AR MAX product just means that it comes with its own 16mb thumb drive. So if you dont have the thumbdrive get the EVO version.

You use the MAX software in your ps2 to move the game save from your thumbdrive to the ps2's memory card.

Once you have a game save on a memory card, to act as your 'base' save, you can import other game saves and put them on a second memory card in slot 2. Then in game, you can pull individual edits off of the second save, and incorporate them into your base save. This way you can customize your save with the exact edits you want.

Generally, I make my base save a 'rename only' save, which has no edits in it, just the default wrestlers renamed to their realife names. Then I take edits as I please from all the other packs available.

You would think that with 500 edit slots, you could get everyone out there, but you'd be surprised at how quickly you run out of slots.

Ok, that's helpful... but I've still got some questions.

First, the thumbdrive. I have a 128mb one, so that's going to be too small, yes? If I'm reading this correctly, the thumbdrive plugs directly into the AR? If that's correct, and the thumbdrive I have is too small, can I use something like the PSP hooked in through USB?

Second, and I may just be completely stupid here, the PS2 card plugs into AR, as well?

Like I said, I've never used one of these before, and they seem expensive enough that I want to know exactly what I need. That, and if I find one cheap, I need to make sure whatever I pick up isn't going to be crippled in terms of what I need it for.

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks!

[quote name='carthitup']Ok, that's helpful... but I've still got some questions.

First, the thumbdrive. I have a 128mb one, so that's going to be too small, yes? If I'm reading this correctly, the thumbdrive plugs directly into the AR? If that's correct, and the thumbdrive I have is too small, can I use something like the PSP hooked in through USB?

Second, and I may just be completely stupid here, the PS2 card plugs into AR, as well?

Like I said, I've never used one of these before, and they seem expensive enough that I want to know exactly what I need. That, and if I find one cheap, I need to make sure whatever I pick up isn't going to be crippled in terms of what I need it for.

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks![/quote]

A 128mb thumbdrive is PERFECT! The smaller the better, the one that comes with the MAX EVO is only 16mb. I know the PS2 can detect up to 256mb no problem. 1gb or over is too big, the ps2 cant see it. Im not sure about 512mb.

All the AR MAX is, is software on a disc.

Heres how you do it:

1- Download gamesave from internet, save file must be in .max format.

2- Put thumbdrive in your PC, drag and drop gamesave file onto thumbdrive.

3- Put thumbdrive into usb port in ps2.

4- Put AR MAX software disc into ps2. Turn ps2 on.

5- PS2 will boot into AR MAX software, use the 'unpack' command? ( I actually forget whats its called, but its something like unpack, or unzip.)

Anyway, you use that command to unzip the game save onto a memory card. Note that there is a simple 'move' command, but it wont work that way, you need to unzip it when you move it to the memory card.

6- Turn off ps2, remove usb drive and AR MAX disc, put in Firepro disc, turn PS2 on. When the game boots up, it should detect the save and load it automatically.

And thats it. For edit transfers, just use the AR MAX to unpack the gamesave you want edits from onto the second memory card. Whenever the game loads up, it loads whatever gamesave is in the first memory card slot.

In the game, theres a menu option for memory card transfer. When you select that, it loads up two lists, side by side. The left side is the edits on your base save, the right side list is the edits on the memory card in slot 2. You just move the edits you want over to the left side and now they're on your base save.

Note: after doing ANYTHING in Firepro, you need to go to the main menu and save your game, the game doesnt autosave anything, and the 'save' option in the various modes (like edit transfer) is only a quicksave, you will still lose everything if you turn off the ps2. Always make sure to forreal save any work you've done in the game.

Note: You can also transfer ring logos in a similar way. Which is sweet, I have deadon replicas of the ECW, ROH, WWF, logos and more, which I could never make myself. Im pretty sure you can transfer over edited referees as well.

http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8867&p=110616&hilit=#p110616

Little story of my own… I won’t say the name, but it’s a major videogame store. I went there and asked them if they had any copies of Fire Pro Wrestling or if they sold any. The two people behind the counter stared at me for a moment before asking what FPW was. I slowly explain to them that it’s a wrestling game for the PlayStation 2 and it was released this week. Both of them claimed to be die-hard wrestling fans and proceeded to tell me that there’s no such thing and that somehow I must be confusing it with Smackdown vs. Raw. This went back and forth for a while and in the end they told me that they know all about video games because they work there and there’s no such thing. At that point I simply walked out of the store, grab a copy of FPW from my tuck and went back inside.
I put the game on the counter and asked them what that is? They didn’t say anything… I grabbed the game and left.

Like Puffa said, there are some missing voice samples but it's not a big enough deal to get me upset. The game already has pretty much any Japanese wrestler I could want. Anyone I'll make will most likely be an old WWF or ECW guy so it's not an omission that will hurt me. The menus are pretty odd (like the JP version) but eventually they start to feel more natural.

The fake names are somewhat close to the real names for some guys. For example Jeff Jarrett is... Bill Bullet I think. Vader is Saber. Sting is Spike.

[quote name='pete5883']I always hope that one day, they will have a Bulk Bogan in the game. But they're rarely that funny.[/QUOTE]

Shane McMahon = Junk Bastard in the GBA games.

And Stone Cold's theme music is called "Cool Violent" in the game.

So are all the Japanese wrestlers named correctly? Also, do people often clone and edit the in-game wrestlers to make them more accurate?

bread's done
Back