Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, for under $15! 10/10 on 1up!

[quote name='mykevermin']Dude! That last link has it for $8.09 with free shipping! Is that site reputable?[/QUOTE]

As long as you pay with a credit card and not a debit card, nothing really to lose besides time and frustration disputing a cc charge. BTW, it's only $8.09 with free shipping because you get $5 off and free shipping with your first order from that site.

EDIT: well, it seems like you have to join some trial membership and cancel within 7 days to get the $5 off, too, otherwise you are charged membership fees of $14.95 a month. Not worth the hassle for me (not that I was going to buy from them in the first place).

Wow, $13.99? That's an even lower price than expected. Now, assuming that Agetec doesn't mess it up, I'm feeling really sorry for the folks out there who paid over $50 for their import copy of FPR when it came out ;). At $13.99, this is a definite first-day buy for me.

$15 MSRP is INSANE! I'll be buying 3, just to show my support for Fire Pro (and to hand a couple out as gifts, since Xmas will be right around the corner).

I'm hoping there's an easy way to get PS2 saves off the internet and into my PS3. My last remaining PS2 is a Japanese one. I don't think my US Gameshark-thingy that I was using will work on it.

[quote name='Halo05']I'm hoping there's an easy way to get PS2 saves off the internet and into my PS3. My last remaining PS2 is a Japanese one. I don't think my US Gameshark-thingy that I was using will work on it.[/quote]

I hope so too. I won't take the time to do all the customization shit, so I need someone to do it for me.

I will DEFINITELY be getting this, I'm fucking pumped like no other. I can lose myself for hours literally just fixing up my favorite wrestlers. Now here's hoping I can make a decent Hayabusa and Awesome.

Holy crap that price is insane. I was expecting around $19.99. With Smackdown looking to be worse than last years iteration, this game is a no-brainer for me.

[quote name='Halo05']I'm hoping there's an easy way to get PS2 saves off the internet and into my PS3. My last remaining PS2 is a Japanese one. I don't think my US Gameshark-thingy that I was using will work on it.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I don't have the patience nor the skill to fill up these 500 or so slots.

Sooo. I've never played a Fire Pro game so I have a few questions. Does the WWE license their wrestlers to this game or are they all custom created? Also, if they are custom created...how can they possibly have special movies like The People's Elbow or Booker T's little breakdance move? Is there a roster?

And is it 4 players?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Sooo. I've never played a Fire Pro game so I have a few questions. Does the WWE license their wrestlers to this game or are they all custom created? Also, if they are custom created...how can they possibly have special movies like The People's Elbow or Booker T's little breakdance move? Is there a roster?

And is it 4 players?[/QUOTE]

No WWE license. Most of the WCW/WWE/ECW/TNA guys you see in videos for the game are custom-made. There are some exceptions (AJ Styles and Petey Williams among others were in the JP version of Firepro Returns) but I don't think there will be many for the US release. At best guys like AJ and Jeff Jarrett will be recolored for this release.

The People's Elbow is in the game. I believe the Spinarooni is as well but I don't have a Booker T edit in my JP version of FPR so I'm not positive.

http://www.fireproclub.com/firepror/guides/fpr_finisher_favorite_moveset.txt - Here's a FAQ of the wrestlers in the Japanese version of the game and their favorite/finishing moves. Hope this answers any roster questions you have. Things might change a little for the US release but Agetec is aiming to cut nothing out. I really hope they pull it off.

It's 8 players.

[quote name='Halo05']No WWE license. Most of the WCW/WWE/ECW/TNA guys you see in videos for the game are custom-made. There are some exceptions (AJ Styles and Petey Williams among others were in the JP version of Firepro Returns) but I don't think there will be many for the US release. At best guys like AJ and Jeff Jarrett will be recolored for this release.

The People's Elbow is in the game. I believe the Spinarooni is as well but I don't have a Booker T edit in my JP version of FPR so I'm not positive.

http://www.fireproclub.com/firepror/guides/fpr_finisher_favorite_moveset.txt - Here's a FAQ of the wrestlers in the Japanese version of the game and their favorite/finishing moves. Hope this answers any roster questions you have. Things might change a little for the US release but Agetec is aiming to cut nothing out. I really hope they pull it off.

It's 8 players.[/QUOTE]

VERY interesting. Thanks for all the help. Also, is the customization THAT deep to create ALL those wrestlers AND those rings? A lot of those wrestlers were so well-made it's hard to believe that level of customization is possible. I mean, they were recognizable off the bat. If I really can customize to that level, me wantey this game.

Looks good, do you think there will be roster downloads to import via game saves? (eg CAW downloads so I do not have to spend about 10 hours creating the movesets?)

edit: Will the WWE, ECW, Nitro, WM, etc mats be in this version of returns? If so I am pre-ordering now.

The mats, movesets, and custom wrestlers are made by Fire Pro clubs - that's been the case as far back as Six Man Scramble on the Saturn.

Of course, due to copyright they can't have WWE/WCW/ECW/whatever logos on the disc, but they *can* allow for such deep customization as to make anything in the game possible.

If you've never played Fire Pro, you have no idea how deep it is. If you fall in love with the gameplay (heavily timing based, and infuriating to button-mashers in ways that makes Ninja Gaiden jealous), you'll feel like you ripped Agetec off for $15.

2K Sports should have allowed for All-Pro Football to be customized as heavily as Fire Pro is - that would have made the game sell far more copies, IMO.

[quote name='mykevermin']The mats, movesets, and custom wrestlers are made by Fire Pro clubs - that's been the case as far back as Six Man Scramble on the Saturn.

Of course, due to copyright they can't have WWE/WCW/ECW/whatever logos on the disc, but they *can* allow for such deep customization as to make anything in the game possible.

If you've never played Fire Pro, you have no idea how deep it is. If you fall in love with the gameplay (heavily timing based, and infuriating to button-mashers in ways that makes Ninja Gaiden jealous), you'll feel like you ripped Agetec off for $15.

2K Sports should have allowed for All-Pro Football to be customized as heavily as Fire Pro is - that would have made the game sell far more copies, IMO.[/quote]
So these things are available for download? If so, where is the best place to find them?

Also...how do you transfer saves from the pc to the PS2? I love the FPW wrestling gameplay (have it for DC) and would enjoy to remake the WWF Attitude era and WCW (99-02....pre-wwe draft nonsense). I also like the sprite graphics as opposed to the "super realistic" graphics we have today...

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']An action replay, like this will do the job. - http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801843[/quote]
Ooph, $40.

When you download different "edit packs" or whatever, are they stand-alone ps2 saves? What I'm basically asking is, can you download multiple packs and merge/import them all onto your save file? So I could download some rings, plus some wrestlers, plus some belts, and have them all on a single save without much work?

This game is now number 1 on my Hype Wagon. Just the possiblities!!! It will soon be time to retire my Fire Pro D... good times good times. I CANT WAIT!!!

[quote name='evilmax17']Ooph, $40.

When you download different "edit packs" or whatever, are they stand-alone ps2 saves? What I'm basically asking is, can you download multiple packs and merge/import them all onto your save file? So I could download some rings, plus some wrestlers, plus some belts, and have them all on a single save without much work?[/quote]

Im speaking about the Japanese version of the game here, but Im sure all this will apply to the US version as well.

You download entire games saves for the game and put them onto a second memory card, then in-game, you can 'import' individual logos and wrestler edits into your save game. So its entirely possible to create your own unique save game with only the wrestlers that you want.

For example, you can download my save game and just cherry pick one or two wrestlers out of it and put them into your save game.

The JPN version of the game comes with over 300 default wrestlers, and 500 edit slots, so you can have over 800 wrestlers total. You cant delete the default guys, although you can 'retire' them so they wont show up in wrestler select screens. But even still, you have the 500 slots to fill with just the wrestlers you want.

Ive heard people mention they cant believe how good some of the user created edits look. Theres a reason for this. Although American wrestlers are not included in the game due to copyright issues, their edit parts are included. Example: Hulk Hogan is not in the game. But in the edit mode, you will find his bald head, parts to make a costume just like his, his signature taunts and moves. So you can create him yourself. There are hundreds of heads in the edit mode that are designed to look just like the wrestlers you know and love. All you need to do is make them, or let someone else do it and download them.

There is tons of content available already for the Japanese game, but I highly doubt that it will work with the US version. But give the edit makers and fans of the game some time and they will begin to recreate their edits for the US game.

www.fireproclub.com is probably the best place for FPR saves/edits. Like Puffa said, they're all JP at this point but US version edit packs will almost certainly be coming out within a week of the game's release.

[quote name='Halo05']No WWE license. Most of the WCW/WWE/ECW/TNA guys you see in videos for the game are custom-made. There are some exceptions (AJ Styles and Petey Williams among others were in the JP version of Firepro Returns) but I don't think there will be many for the US release. At best guys like AJ and Jeff Jarrett will be recolored for this release.

It's 8 players.[/quote]

Spinarooni is in the game and so is the 5 time hand look taunt.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DsDBg373CE[/MEDIA]

Some of you may be interseted in this game if you are getting exited about Fire Pro. It is called King of Colosseum II. Fire Pro Returns, KoC II, and VPW 1 & 2 are the best wrestling games you can get from Japan.

I think the required AR Max thing is 34.99 at Amazon. Not a great deal but a little better.

And yes, King of Colosseum II is great as well. The only thing that bugs me about it (a tiny bit) is that it lacks the variety of FPR. However, if you want to play a game of 1 on 1, JP "Strong style" matches, it's possibly even better than FPR.

I couldn't get into D. Mainly cause it wasn't too import friendly and I've never been a big Wrestling fan, but I'm gonna pick this one up especially if it's a budget title. Thanks for the video, the animations look great.

FP_wrestling_color8_top.jpg

I'm digging the new box art. It screams Triple H and Rey Mysterio. It also reminds me a lot of the Natsume Championship Wrestling boxart which is a very good thing.

IMG_3942.JPG

Man, that game sure was a blast back in the day.

BigApe1.JPG
BigApe2.JPG
BigApe3.JPG

The avalanche slam!!!

Ok I'm done :oops:

It looks like Rey is giving HHH the dreaded springboard nutsack attack, while HHH is preparing to counter with the infamous nutsack claw.

Dear god, if there was ever a PS2 game that looked like it came from the Dollar Store, this is it.

[quote name='pete5883']Yech, I don't think I like budget game publisher cover art.[/quote]

me neither...but as long as the gameplay is fluid, I've got no complaints

Man, that cover art...

Why not just put the name of the game on there on a fiery background, then have a silhouette of somebody receiving a homicide backdrop?

The GBA cover art was also horrendous but damn if that game didn't offer me one of my greatest gaming moments. Back when I would have a long subway commute, I would play FP on my GBA. The train stopped, I looked up to see what stop I was at, and to my surprise I had a bunch of middle aged guys looking over me watching me play FP, and they were all really into it. They were causing quite a stir on the subway. I am sure it would look pretty weird to see a bunch of exec-types gathered around a gameboy. All of these guys literally missed their stops just so they could see me finish my match. When I finally won I had to write down the name of the game for these guys. They were hooked!

Or they wanted to beat you up and steal the game boy...

Na, just kidding! Cheapy made me burst out laughing on a podcast on teh subway and 2 execs asked me what the hillariousness was all about, and they said they would cheack out the CAGcast!

[quote name='Halo05']Petey Williams [/QUOTE]

If his signature "Canadian Destroyer" is in the game, I will wept tears of happiness.

I'm so psyched about this game, I'm actually considering canceling my $60 SD!vsRaw08 pre-order and buying four copies of FPR instead.

:rofl: at that box art. They're sure not going to win over anyone with that.

[quote name='mykevermin']
I'm pretty certain the Canadian Destroyer is in the game.[/quote]
AKA The BEST finishing move in wrestling ever.

Goddamn, I can NOT wait, especially for an actual 8 player wrestling game (or simply 8 on screen at once). Hopefully I can have lumberjack matches that feel like lumberjack matches...

[quote name='mykevermin']If you're going to preorder SvR, Liongames has it for $45 PO.

I'm pretty certain the Canadian Destroyer is in the game.[/quote]
Its in and has like 3 variations. So is the The Styles Clash, GTS, Muscle Buster and practically any other crazy indy move you can think of.

Theres like a thousand moves in there

Also that boxart guy looks like Lex Luger, not HHH :roll:

[quote name='J35U5']Its in and has like 3 variations. So is the The Styles Clash, GTS, Muscle Buster and practically any other crazy indy move you can think of.

Theres like a thousand moves in there

Also that boxart guy looks like Lex Luger, not HHH :roll:[/quote]

Your name reminds me that once the US version of FPR comes out, I need to resurrect (no pun intended) my old Firepro S CAW, Jesus "The Fighting Lamb" Christ. His stats were through the roof.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']If his signature "Canadian Destroyer" is in the game, I will wept tears of happiness.[/quote]

Watch this vid to see the canadian destroyer and also the styles clash in action.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu4kVZpF35w[/media]

I suggest watching the whole movie, but for the impatient go to 3:14 and watch till the end.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Watch this vid to see the canadian destroyer and also the styles clash in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu4kVZpF35w

I suggest watching the whole movie, but for the impatient go to 3:14 and watch till the end.[/QUOTE]

Booker T's spinarooni's in the video as well for whoever was asking about that.

This is pretty much a required day 1 purchase for anyone who ever plays videogames with others. Multiplayer in Firepro is beyond fun. Trick your friends by picking Jumbo Tsuruta, he's pretty much unbeatable.

[quote name='Halo05']This is pretty much a required day 1 purchase for anyone who ever plays videogames with others. Multiplayer in Firepro is beyond fun. [/quote]

Especially when you can get 8 people to play. If anyone is a wrestling fan this is definately a must buy especially at under $15.

I just hope Agetec doesn't mess with the default wrestler's move sets. I watched the video on their website and they had Tiger Mask using a fork move and Bruiser Brody spitting out green mist. Some other moves were also out of place but those two stuck out the most to me.

Man that video reminded me how many voices were in Fire Pro D. You could set it up to where Tommy Dreamer would grab his opponent in the ddt position, raise his arm and yell " E C fucking W" and then drop them face first. I wish Fire Pro R had that feature :(

[quote name='J35U5']Man that video reminded me how many voices were in Fire Pro D. You could set it up to where Tommy Dreamer would grab his opponent in the ddt position, raise his arm and yell " E C fucking W" and then drop them face first. I wish Fire Pro R had that feature :([/quote]

You can assign voices to certain moves in the Japanese version of FPR, so you should be able to do it in the US version. I was playing earlier with a Kane edit and when he used a choke hold on his opponent, he would do an evil laugh.

I didn't know you could have people say E C fucking W in FPD. I'll have to see if they kept the sound in FPR sometime tomorrow. I'm sure they did if it was in D. Are you sure they say the word "fucking" though?

[quote name='RawisJericho']You can assign voices to certain moves in the Japanese version of FPR, so you should be able to do it in the US version. I was playing earlier with a Kane edit and when he used a choke hold on his opponent, he would do an evil laugh.

I didn't know you could have people say E C fucking W in FPD. I'll have to see if they kept the sound in FPR sometime tomorrow. I'm sure they did if it was in D. Are you sure they say the word "fucking" though?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I think they had that since way back in 6MS, along with Terry Funk's "Son-of-a-Bitch". (Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, my memory sucks these days)

bread's done
Back