Forza!

How'd you get those graphics on there? I haven't really delved into the paint shop much aside from changing colors of my cars. Anyone get an unusual amount of yellow cars? Most of the prize cars I get are yellow.

And when does that CAG Forza Motor Club come together? I want to see what that involves.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']How'd you get those graphics on there? I haven't really delved into the paint shop much aside from changing colors of my cars. Anyone get an unusual amount of yellow cars? Most of the prize cars I get are yellow.[/quote]

I WISH that was me. Nah, friend of mine found some stuff on the net. Some sick customs out there. The FFX one is like 20 layers. The guy had to custom modify EACH part!!! Theres no importing. He just mods each piece as he needs it. Wow. Just WOW!

And when does that CAG Forza Motor Club come together? I want to see what that involves.

Not sure. I dont have my copy yet so I dont know whats involved. If its not too bad I can run it. (if nobody else called it first)

So is this game a ton better then say RSC2 and PGR2 or what? Granted they are different types of racing games, but what holds the most fun/best online experience/best single player experience?

I'm gonna hold out till atleast E3 and see if Froza 2 is indeed on the XBox2 lineup, that way I'll just hold off till next year when a even better version is out.

I hate cars, I know nothing about cars and I hate racing.

... but I love this damn game. :O

[quote name='supadupacheap']I WISH that was me. Nah, friend of mine found some stuff on the net. Some sick customs out there. The FFX one is like 20 layers. The guy had to custom modify EACH part!!! Theres no importing. He just mods each piece as he needs it. Wow. Just WOW!

Not sure. I dont have my copy yet so I dont know whats involved. If its not too bad I can run it. (if nobody else called it first)[/QUOTE]

When do you think you'll get your copy of the game? I'll start the club if you don't mind... as long as you call me Prez ;)

And i'll make you my b*tch oh sorry i mean recruiter muhahaha

You are welcome to start the club if you wish. Im not dead set on running it. However, dont slack off or I will be your worst nightmare. If you dont believe me, ask anybody in the CAG NFL league. I dont mess around.

Ps. And just in case you thought I was kidding. I wasnt.

[quote name='supadupacheap']You are welcome to start the club if you wish. Im not dead set on running it. However, dont slack off or I will be your worst nightmare. If you dont believe me, ask anybody in the CAG NFL league. I dont mess around.

Ps. And just in case you thought I was kidding. I wasnt.[/QUOTE]

It's all good man... but Ozzkev55 seems to be on the clan case already - i'll let him handle it since im stuck at work all day.

You think we'll get a sticky for the club thread?

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Some of the stuff people are making with decals is AMAZING check this out as an example
http://tabwin.com/forza.htm
VADER!?!?!?! I need to get inspired to make some stuff like me and a friend did with Auto Modelista's editor.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit! Those designs are crazy!! Skills I say! Skills!

[quote name='METH']It's all good man... but Ozzkev55 seems to be on the clan case already - i'll let him handle it since im stuck at work all day.

You think we'll get a sticky for the club thread?[/QUOTE]

Ok, I now have Forza (rental) and my Live account again. Im rolling.

And yes, I can try to work on getting a sticky, however, many clubs so far havent been granted it so dont get hopes up.

[quote name='el bobo']How do the cars handle, is it very realistic like GT or a little easier.[/QUOTE]

Harder. I used to be pretty decent at GT. This thing is kicking my butt, especially the aggressive AI. Sheesh!

[quote name='Brak']I hate cars, I know nothing about cars and I hate racing.

... but I love this damn game. :O[/QUOTE]

is the tuning complicated? i love cars, but no very little about the technical stuff like tuning gear ratios, etc...

I wanna play this but i cant find it in to rent... :cry:

Oh well i rented Doom 3 instead and i'll just play the rest of the way through it this weekend.

Well here is my first car. I picked it when I started out in Asia. I just won a Lancer though, so I'll have to make sure I pimp it out :)

Post some pics of your rides, I'd like to see them ;)

[quote name='swetooth9']is the tuning complicated? i love cars, but no very little about the technical stuff like tuning gear ratios, etc...[/QUOTE]
It can be. You can get into the details of it all, but the actual buying of upgrades is really quite user-friendly.

There are bars and graphs that show you exactly what your improving from the basic stats of your car (Speed, Acceleration, Braking, Cornering, and Rarity). There's also a real-time indicator of how the parts are going to affect the vehicle's class.

You will have to work on some of the cars to get golds in the races, but not to the extent of raising ride height or stiffening the suspension.

It's as simple as, "I need more speed and better handling." You flip through the available parts and see how the car's ratings are affected.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It can be. You can get into the details of it all, but the actual buying of upgrades is really quite user-friendly.

There are bars and graphs that show you exactly what your improving from the basic stats of your car (Speed, Acceleration, Braking, Cornering, and Rarity). There's also a real-time indicator of how the parts are going to affect the vehicle's class.

You will have to work on some of the cars to get golds in the races, but not to the extent of raising ride height or stiffening the suspension.

It's as simple as, "I need more speed and better handling." You flip through the available parts and see how the car's ratings are affected.[/QUOTE]

:applause: I couldnt have said it better myself.

(and Im shamelessly pluging the motorclub ;) )

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It can be. You can get into the details of it all, but the actual buying of upgrades is really quite user-friendly.

It's as simple as, "I need more speed and better handling." You flip through the available parts and see how the car's ratings are affected.[/QUOTE]

good to hear...yea, when i first saw screenshots of this game, i noticed the bars representing the attributes and i was like "Score!!" b/c other simulation games like this and GT4 usually dont have bars that are user-friendly...and i was just wondering how the rest of the tuning was

thanks, i will probably pick this up :)

[quote name='JimmieMac']I just picked it up at Best Buy, I'm reading the manual and will be playing it shortly.[/QUOTE]

any deal on it @ BB?

[quote name='swetooth9']any deal on it @ BB?[/QUOTE]

Naw, the only deal was that I had some gift cards laying around for Best Buy with enough credit to get this and Phantom of the Opera for my girlfriend so she has something to watch while I take over the main TV for the rest of the day/night.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Naw, the only deal was that I had some gift cards laying around for Best Buy with enough credit to get this and Phantom of the Opera for my girlfriend so she has something to watch while I take over the main TV for the rest of the day/night.[/QUOTE]

yea, i think i'm gonna pick up this game with some extra walmart credit i have layin around

[quote name='rajchakrabarti']quick question .. does the game have an arcade racing mode... or is it stricly a sim ?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does have arcade racing. With online scoreboards too.

Has anyone unlocked the 2002 Saab Viggen? How hard was it to unlock? Does it fair well? Would I be able to upgrade it and primarily play with it for a majority of the game?

I'm thinking about picking this game up but would like to first ask if...

(I apologize if they've been asked before)

...what the "career" mode is comparable to...I disliked GT3 because it was extremely sim. I loved PGR 2 because of the kudos. Where does Forza stack in between offline and on?

[quote name='rywateska']Has anyone unlocked the 2002 Saab Viggen? How hard was it to unlock? Does it fair well? Would I be able to upgrade it and primarily play with it for a majority of the game?

I'm thinking about picking this game up but would like to first ask if...

(I apologize if they've been asked before)

...what the "career" mode is comparable to...I disliked GT3 because it was extremely sim. I loved PGR 2 because of the kudos. Where does Forza stack in between offline and on?[/QUOTE]
the game makes it so that you must have a vareity of cars, youd probably only be able to use your saab for a couple of races, as it wont be allowe in races such as the American Muscle, Hatchback, and All-Wheel Races

But it is a hatchback...

I understand that I wouldn't be able to use it in class specific races but online though? Have you unlocked it. And more importantly, is it shifted to GT3 or PGR2?

Sorry, I've got a hard-on for the car for various reasons: ;)

[quote name='rywateska']But it is a hatchback...

I understand that I wouldn't be able to use it in class specific races but online though? Have you unlocked it. And more importantly, is it shifted to GT3 or PGR2?

Sorry, I've got a hard-on for the car for various reasons: ;)[/QUOTE]

I've got a hard-on for your lawn :)

[quote name='rywateska']But it is a hatchback...

Sorry, I've got a hard-on for the car for various reasons: ;)[/QUOTE]
online is usually class specific, not really general, and your car upgraded will definetly blow your mind.

Also to add is that a fully upgraded Saab will usually be out of its original class, and wont be able to compete with other cars that start out in that specific class.

as for shifted, im not really understanding what shifted means, but i will say this game is more like GT3, though its more fun to drive.

and as for the car, nice :)

I'll just invest some time in reading reviews...I stupidly forgot that they exist!

And the lawn was cut today...you should see the front yard:

...I can only hope you can get more enjoyment out of that than you would a car.

I just got my game. Wow, unbelievable. I actually like it more than GT3/4, although, I'm going to have to eventually play without the race line, which will make the game MUCH harder for a noob like me. Still, graphically, aurally, control-wise...its awesome.

So, do the prize cars look the same for everyone, or do they come with random paint jobs and stuff? Just curious if anyone knows.

This game rocks.

I just got this game yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far. I unlocked "Tom's Toyota" super duper car thing and its already worth well over $110,000 in Europe.

I'm not normally into sims like this, but this game doesn't seem as sim like as Gran Turismo. It seems more like a mix of Project Gotham with Gran Turismo. I think the best part of the game is the fact that you are constantly racing in different types of cars, so it doesn't become repetitive at all.

And the fact that it plays your custom music all the time, even through loading screens, is a nice bonus.

Yeah, this game is pretty sweet. The online play is excellent.
I wish the car customization options were more like Midnight Club 3, but I guess you can't have it all.

I'm trading in GT4 asap.

Cheapy, I'm sure you mean parts-wise, but has ANY game EVER had as deep a decal/paint customization system as this one? It blows my mind the stuff you can do. The cars look tremendous after you pour hours into them...frickin awesome.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar'] The cars look tremendous after you pour hours into them...frickin awesome.[/QUOTE] I know...but I'm not that talented...I like easy.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar'] The cars look tremendous after you pour hours into them...frickin awesome.[/QUOTE]

Most people don't have the time nor patience to put hours into doing their own custom graphics.

I agree with Cheapy, more MC3-ish graphics would've been nice. But that's a minor complaint about a great game.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Damn, this game sounds pretty hot.[/QUOTE]
Oh, it is hot. The dynamic green line thing (I forget it's real name) is perfect for casual racing game fans like myself. Now if only the custom decals weren't such a pain....

I love PGR2, I love Burnout 3, I love Midnight Club 3.. I hate this game. I hate it. I absolutely loathe it. Why? Mainly because I suck at it. I can't even do the first track without going into the dirt or hitting another car. What someone said was true, "If you hit another car, forget about it". fucking game.

I actually suck at PGR2 and don't really care for it. This game however is awesome and easy for casual gamers like myself.

[quote name='Scorch']I love PGR2, I love Burnout 3, I love Midnight Club 3.. I hate this game. I hate it. I absolutely loathe it. Why? Mainly because I suck at it. I can't even do the first track without going into the dirt or hitting another car. What someone said was true, "If you hit another car, forget about it". fucking game.[/QUOTE]

You're right - no riding the rails to get around corners in this game.

Brake, brake and brake some more!

I'm probably using the handbrake more than I'm supposed to as well, but it makes for some fun replays to watch later on.

Speaking of replays - the amount of information during the replay is amazing!

Tire pressure, engine levels, etc... wow.

It's hard but fun.

Yeah. I brake so much that I actually go about 5mph around the corner. It worked for a lap, then a guy decided to floor it and fishtail me.

I may have personal beef with the gameplay, but don't get me wrong.. the customization is amazing and the game is beautiful.

[quote name='Scorch']I love PGR2, I love Burnout 3, I love Midnight Club 3.. I hate this game. I hate it. I absolutely loathe it. Why? Mainly because I suck at it. I can't even do the first track without going into the dirt or hitting another car. What someone said was true, "If you hit another car, forget about it". fucking game.[/QUOTE]

PG2 = Drift City
Burnout 3 = Crash City
MC3 = Semi Realistic but fudges Newton quite often

Forza - R E A L

For some people it does indeed fuck ing suck. For a lot of us though, its heaven sent. I cant tell you how long many of us racers pined for an Xbox "GT". Now we have it and its BETTER than GT.

I will never say Forza is for the casual racer. You can be casual but even with every assist and option turned to your advantage, you can only be so much so. It is very much a game for the dedicated, not the pick up and play-er. I wont be touching another game, even Jade Empire for at least 2 months. Its nuts like me who this game is perfect for. This is not to say a non OC racer couldnt enjoy it, they can. Just dont expect to win everything some pain and do expect to get slaughtered online.

bread's done
Back