Free 2 Month Blockbuster Total Access

Kosley

CAGiversary!
Free 2 months of Blockbuster Total Access for new members (1, 2, or 3-out at a time)

1. Go to www.blockbuster.com/transfer

2. Go to the bottom of the page, on the left side under terms and conditions click the two small dots (Picture)

3. On the next page put store number "91271" and password "bbonline"

4. Next page where it says dish id put "666441"

5. Then sign up and enjoy 2 months of free movies, games, and blu-ray rentals!

This promotion is used for the B&M stores that are closing. Just be sure to cancel before your 2 months is up or it will auto bill you

Updated: 01-20-13
Credit: gamerguy223

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kromis']It was actually number 2 on my queue and I also only had games in it. I tried putting the shipping speed for 5 days (order) and nothing happened in two weeks. Again it's just totally random. One time I was able to get Warhammer 40K Space Marine, Batman Arkham City AND LOTR War in the North come at the same time on a 3 disc out plan. I was utterly amazed that blockbuster came through like that (they all came out on blockbuster around the same time). There are a lot of people with free trials out there that are just clamoring for some games. I say give it out a month or two before inventory goes back to "normal" again.[/QUOTE]

You are correct that the games being all out are because everyone in the country in taking part in the free subs going on recently.
I had the membership back in April and May 2012 and it was not this bad at all.I got a lot of Xbox 360 games back then and a lot would say available.
I have a blockbuster like two blocks from me so for movie rentals I get decent value for the service.

[quote name='mikepeluso']You are correct that the games being all out are because everyone in the country in taking part in the free subs going on recently.
I had the membership back in April and May 2012 and it was not this bad at all.I got a lot of Xbox 360 games back then and a lot would say available.
I have a blockbuster like two blocks from me so for movie rentals I get decent value for the service.[/QUOTE]

I just get all the new releases at the store im lucky to have lived by several, so even if a few closed, there was still one, its getting slim though.

I've read all the negative comments and just thought I'd say how impressed I was with the service. It's not for you if you're wanting to rent games by mail, they are never in stock. You should sign up for Gamefly and their wonderful prices if that's what you want.

I also had excellent turn around time on movies, whether dvds or blue rays. I have a store close by which I used to exchange for new release movies as well as games. All of the discs I received by mail or in store were in good condition.

Overall, I couldn't have been more pleased, but this isn't a cheaper alternative to Gamefly.

well my free trial is winding down, I got 25 rentals and 11 games, not bad for 2 free months, Im not sure i will keep it or not yet, how is it treating everyone else?

was helping a friend sign up and he couldnt find dots, so here is a new instruction if ur having trouble.

K6_TY47YS3x.png

1. Go to https://www.blockbuster.com/signup/stores/storeNumberSetting

2. put in store number 91271 and pw bbonline

4. Next page where it says dish id put "666441"

[quote name='gamerguy223']well my free trial is winding down, I got 25 rentals and 11 games, not bad for 2 free months, Im not sure i will keep it or not yet, how is it treating everyone else?[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand how you guys keep getting lots of games.
I went 3 months with no games.
I have even paid for the service and can't get a game.Its like the person at Blockbuster that checks my que never bothers to even try to get me game.Are any of you guys on the west coast?

[quote name='mikepeluso']I just don't understand how you guys keep getting lots of games.
I went 3 months with no games.
I have even paid for the service and can't get a game.Its like the person at Blockbuster that checks my que never bothers to even try to get me game.Are any of you guys on the west coast?[/QUOTE]

I'm on the west coast. I just had "Lord of the Rings: War in the North" in Processing yesterday and then this morning it stopped being processed and when back to the queue. I live in the LA area too and I think one of their distribution centers is around there. :drool:

I have to say, now that I'm off the trial and actually paying for the service, it has gotten much better. While I appreciate that, it sort of makes the trial a bad idea because it gives off a bad impression. I don't see the point.

Now I am getting more than 2 things a month, and while the shipping time is 2-3 days each way (whereas Netflix is 1-day 99% of the time), they are now processing stuff and sending it out within a day (again, Netflix is 0 days for that though). During my trial, I would only get 2 things per month and even then, they would take 4-5 days to send the second thing once they got the first one. And yeah, I had plenty of available stuff in my queue.

I probably won't keep this much past when I get through the OOP DVDs I've been getting. Though I am curious to try the game selection at least once. They never sent me a game during the entire 6 month trial even though I had one at the top of my queue. But then again, I buy so many games cheap I can't even think of what game I would want from a rental service. (The game I had in my queue was Battlefiield 3 and I just ended up buying that before Christmas when everyone had it on sale).

Just to compare timings, though:

Netflix: DVD mailed back on Monday. Netflix gets it Tuesday and mails next DVD out same day. I get it on Wednesday.
Blockbuster: DVD mailed back on Monday. BBV gets it Wednesday and mails my next DVD Thurs or Friday. I get it Saturday or Monday.

So you can see that really, at best, I can get about 4 things a month from BBV - so that's $2.50 a rental (and that's if I just keep it 1 or 2 days). Not really a great value. With Netflix I can get twice as many discs in a month.

So Netflix is definitely superior for discs that both have available. But like I said, BBV actually has a lot of stuff Netflix doesn't have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blockbuster promotes getting new releases sooner than Netflix, but none of them are available. Been waiting for Taken 2 since its release. I'll stick with Netflix as Blockbuster sucks unless you have a nearby store.

I'm loving it so far, thanks OP. Yeah, you can only really get older games, but I've so much to catch up on this doesn't bother me at all. So far I've had shipped to me:

Assassins Creed 2
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Brave (blu-ray)
Metro 2033
Alice Madness Returns

Takes about 2 days for them to get it, and 2 days for a new game to arrive, so it's a little slower than netflix. Can't complain on free games though^.^

bread's done
Back