FREE 360 Game in 10 minutes. (GHII Bundle & DDR Bundle INCLUDED!) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popped me off another GH2

One suppose to get here the 28th and one the 1st!

That brings the total to:
Gears Of War
CrackDown
DDR + Dance Pad
GH 2 (2)

Think ima send the GH to amazon for credit. One more and i could get a wii. But i dont wanna buy wii games!

[quote name='TheBookerMan']Def True. Im do not want to retrun to amazon if im not going to get the money. Im going to email them about it.

EDIT:

Found this on the site:

Items Returned by the Gift Recipient

Using the Online Returns Center

If you use our Online Returns Center to return a gift, you'll have the option to indicate the item was a gift. Once the return is processed, we'll send you an Amazon.com gift certificate for the amount of the returned item(s) to the e-mail address you enter on the Online Returns Center form. You'll need the order number to complete the returns process; this can be found on the packing slip or, if the gift was purchased from a wedding or baby registry, in the registry owner's view.

(Don't worry--we won't let the gift giver know about your return.)

The only thing is that it states it can take up to 4 weeks to get the credit(usually less though)[/quote]

Now see, that's at least concrete evidence. I suppose it's good to know it is an option, but I still wouldn't count on receiving the game from Amazon. As I said, out of the 5 GH's I've received, zero have been from Amazon. So, you're taking a gamble, with a potential big payoff.

Why not just take gh2 to walmart or something and get store credit for it. I mean just say you got it as a gift and you don't have the recipt. They always just give me a giftcard with the value of the game.

Ok, so I just ordered my GH2 (first game, w00t!), and before I ordered it I had four referrals and one completed offer. I was planning to order GH2, then do one more offer and get another GH2 because I had 2 referrals left over. Is it going to let me do this? Or do I have to reset my account after I order in order to get another game? Are these 2 referrals that are left over useless?

[quote name='wild21crazy']Why not just take gh2 to walmart or something and get store credit for it. I mean just say you got it as a gift and you don't have the recipt. They always just give me a giftcard with the value of the game.[/quote]

Because if the security tag isn't deactivated, and you stroll into Wal-Mart and set it off...without a receipt, they alert the CS desk and won't take your return. It also kinda puts you on their shit list. This happened to me when I was trying to return an Xbox 360 play & charge kit from Buy.com that I couldn't cancel in time. You're really taking a chance pulling that shit man.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Because if the security tag isn't deactivated, and you stroll into Wal-Mart and set it off...without a receipt, they alert the CS desk and won't take your return. It also kinda puts you on their shit list. This happened to me when I was trying to return an Xbox 360 play & charge kit from Buy.com that I couldn't cancel in time. You're really taking a chance pulling that shit man.[/quote]

who's to say the tag wasn't deactivated when it was purchased from the store? you aren't pulling "shit" by returning something and having the sensor go off.....ive bought plenty of items that didnt have the security tag deactivated.....the alarm went off and the door guy checked my shit and i walked out the store...if i was to return that exact item the sensors would go off when i walked back in...whats the problem?

[quote name='Malik112099']who's to say the tag wasn't deactivated when it was purchased from the store? you aren't pulling "shit" by returning something and having the sensor go off.....ive bought plenty of items that didnt have the security tag deactivated.....the alarm went off and the door guy checked my shit and i walked out the store...if i was to return that exact item the sensors would go off when i walked back in...whats the problem?[/quote]

Umm...well, if he does his job, he's supposed to deactivate it for you when he checks your receipt. That's what always happens when it goes off on me. My point is that it just makes you suspect. You have to think about how common these occurances are. How often do you see somebody walk INTO Wal-Mart and have the security alarm go off? Regardless of what you say "happened", they'll handle the situation as they see fit.

[quote name='mev1205']Ok, so I just ordered my GH2 (first game, w00t!), and before I ordered it I had four referrals and one completed offer. I was planning to order GH2, then do one more offer and get another GH2 because I had 2 referrals left over. Is it going to let me do this? Or do I have to reset my account after I order in order to get another game? Are these 2 referrals that are left over useless?[/quote]

Wait, you can only get 1 game through the referral system?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Because if the security tag isn't deactivated, and you stroll into Wal-Mart and set it off...without a receipt, they alert the CS desk and won't take your return. It also kinda puts you on their shit list. This happened to me when I was trying to return an Xbox 360 play & charge kit from Buy.com that I couldn't cancel in time. You're really taking a chance pulling that shit man.[/quote]

Well at least at my walmart there is a greeter that even if the alarm goes off, takes your item and puts a returns sticker on it so they know you brought it in with you.

[quote name='homeland']just out of curiousity can we get an update on how well or poorly the referrals are moving on the front page?[/QUOTE]

When someone on the front page says they got their referrals, I take that down and put someone else on there.

Sadly, no one has gotten them yet.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Well at least at my walmart there is a greeter that even if the alarm goes off, takes your item and puts a returns sticker on it so they know you brought it in with you.[/quote]

:wall: You kids just don't get it. It just makes you look suspicous: bottom line. As I said, this actually happened to me. On a freakin $19.99 item, they refused my return. I'm not saying don't do it, or trying to defend Wal-Mart. I fucking hate Wal-Mart..lol. I worked there as a cashier for a year when I was in college. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if you get sent away.

I honestly don't think Wal-Mart exchanges without receipt will even be allowed for much longer, as getting the money put on a giftcard has become YMMV for me locally. But good luck for those with the balls to try it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
I honestly don't think Wal-Mart exchanges without receipt will even be allowed for much longer, as getting the money put on a giftcard has become YMMV for me locally. But good luck for those with the balls to try it.[/QUOTE]

they usually do. I worked there for 2 years IN customer service (sigh) and there was never a problem. As long as the game was sealed, we would need the driver's liscense/state ID and you would be allowed up to 3 non-receipt returns in a 6 month period. You would be in the system, so it wouldn't qualify for THAT wal-mart, it would reconize it in ALL Wal-Marts.

Generally speaking, it is pretty YMMV because you might get the uptight ass who wants to have authority..but the truth is you are allowed to return w/o a receipt.

[quote name='JustBlaze']no. unlimited times. both through points and referral. swtich whenever[/quote]
I'm pretty sure referal accounts are one prize only, at least according to their term's of service

IV. REWARDS
1. If participating in a referral based account, you are limited to one reward per account, however you may participate in as many offers as you wish, but please note, you may only receive one free item for a referral account. You may, however, obtain an unlimited amount when using the point method provided you have met the site requirements.

[quote name='lilboo']they usually do. I worked there for 2 years IN customer service (sigh) and there was never a problem. As long as the game was sealed, we would need the driver's liscense/state ID and you would be allowed up to 3 non-receipt returns in a 6 month period. You would be in the system, so it wouldn't qualify for THAT wal-mart, it would reconize it in ALL Wal-Marts.

Generally speaking, it is pretty YMMV because you might get the uptight ass who wants to have authority..but the truth is you are allowed to return w/o a receipt.[/quote]

Yeah, no I know that's "the policy" (I hate that term). I just think considering the trend of ToysRus, Target, Gamestop, etc. who won't take any exchanges without the receipt, I wouldn't be surprised if Wal-Mart brass is considering it. They know what goes on. It can't be beneficial to them to take things back that weren't purchased at a WM store. I can only imagine how that fucks up their inventory..lol.

And as far as the refunding to a giftcard, I've had CSMs flat out tell me "we don't do that anymore". Now, granted, I think CSMs are the most power drunk bitchy people on the planet, when they merely amount to glorified cashiers, but it's still a pretty bold thing to tell a customer.

[quote name='nikelecious91']I'm pretty sure referal accounts are one prize only, at least according to their term's of service

[/QUOTE]

Hmm..I've completed a total of 8 offers. I've requested 4 games. 1 of those prizes, have been via referrals.

Because of this thread, I was able to get another 2 referrals (completed)..and my account has been under review..so we'll see. I can't imagine that if this wasn't allowed, it wouldn't have let me been able to refer 2 more people..ya know?

So if this goes through, 8 offers completed..5 prizes claimed..and 2 of those were from referral account..so .. ::crosses fingers::

[quote name='lilboo']Hmm..I've completed a total of 8 offers. I've requested 4 games. 1 of those prizes, have been via referrals.

Because of this thread, I was able to get another 2 referrals (completed)..and my account has been under review..so we'll see. I can't imagine that if this wasn't allowed, it wouldn't have let me been able to refer 2 more people..ya know?

So if this goes through, 8 offers completed..5 prizes claimed..and 2 of those were from referral account..so .. ::crosses fingers::[/quote]

That would really suck... On a sad note still 1 for 6...

[quote name='help1']Lilboo, what offers are good besides GE and stamps? Im looking for offers in the $0-$6 range, lol.[/QUOTE]

Well I know the offer Sleep Rite worked pretty instant for me..and that was around $5..and Ultima Weight Loss Patch came through within the hour and that was like $7.

Woke up this morning to the status change of my 3 incoming games

DDR Universe Bundle - shipped
The Darkness - preordered waiting for item
Overlord - preordered waiting for item

After i have all 3 + all the trials are canceled then im only waiting for 2 missing credits to go through. When those go through im gonna order a brand new oblivion for a friend i owe a favor and then im fresh out of ideas on what to get.

EDF, Call of Juarez, Virtua Tennis 3, GUN, TMNT, The Bigs are all games i would consider but all strike me as rentals. I guess im done until August after this :(

Huzzzaaaahhh!
My DDR Bundle just came in.
I probably won't play it until tomorrow.. since.. jumping around like a fool isn't the best choice when you don't feel well.. with a stomach virus LOL :whistle2:(

[quote name='Weedy649']Woke up this morning to the status change of my 3 incoming games

DDR Universe Bundle - shipped
The Darkness - preordered waiting for item
Overlord - preordered waiting for item

After i have all 3 + all the trials are canceled then im only waiting for 2 missing credits to go through. When those go through im gonna order a brand new oblivion for a friend i owe a favor and then im fresh out of ideas on what to get.

EDF, Call of Juarez, Virtua Tennis 3, GUN, TMNT, The Bigs are all games i would consider but all strike me as rentals. I guess im done until August after this :([/quote]

That's probably a good thing. They could/will add more offers inbetween now and then. Wait for some better games to come out.

As for myself, still waiting for my first stamps.com credit. I'll do another offer soon.

wooo gh2 shipped. i can finally get some co-op achievements.

i think i might also wait to get another game. although dirt or forza might be worth getting...

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Well at least at my walmart there is a greeter that even if the alarm goes off, takes your item and puts a returns sticker on it so they know you brought it in with you.[/quote]

yep! all walmarts have this....they see you walk in with the item.....some people are just scared of every hypothetical situation they could think up...it goes from returning an un-opened game to a store to being locked up with paris fucking hilton

Well, the good news is that I did the Sleep Rite offer and got credit for it, so now they advise I'll be getting my Forza 2 (if so, I'll be very happy!). Now what I need is to get the credit for the Stamps.com offer I did on Friday and get approval for my Columbia House DVD membership, which would give me another two offers completed.

I'd like a wireless controller. Should I get that next or get something else of higher value to resell? Any ideas? I see everyone here talking about Guitar Hero, what's up with that?

Yay my gh2 shipped today now I just gotta wait for it to get here. Does amazon usually have quick shipping times or will it take a week to get here? Now if only I could get 1 more referral to go green I would be ready to get my next game, but I am waiting for madden 08 to show up on there before I get my next game

Say you are set up for a referral account and do two offers and then turn the account into point based, do the two offers transfer over?

[quote name='mcgavin27']Say you are set up for a referral account and do two offers and then turn the account into point based, do the two offers transfer over?[/quote]
Yea they do

[quote name='wild21crazy']Yay my gh2 shipped today now I just gotta wait for it to get here. Does amazon usually have quick shipping times or will it take a week to get here? Now if only I could get 1 more referral to go green I would be ready to get my next game, but I am waiting for madden 08 to show up on there before I get my next game[/QUOTE]

you might not know the answer but it brings up a question i forgot to ask. When do they update the games on the site? I was in japan when they updated it for june so i missed that.

Do they add all of the months release at the beginning of the month?

[quote name='Malik112099']yep! all walmarts have this....they see you walk in with the item.....some people are just scared of every hypothetical situation they could think up...it goes from returning an un-opened game to a store to being locked up with paris fucking hilton[/quote]

Yes, because a hypothetical situation is something that actually happened to me. You are truly a stupid fuck. Forgive me for simply making people aware of a potential kink in your deceptive plans. As I said, I fucking hate Wal-Mart. They're a shitty corporation that exploits their workers both in and out of the country, and relies on customers who either can't afford anything else or have no other options. The only reason I know that this shit is a possibility is because I fucking tried it! Hello! What does that tell you?

If you are 100% positive you can pull it off, more power to you. If I were positive I could pull it off, I'd do the same. Unfortunately, through my various "scheming" thanks to CAG (ie. 2 for 1 FYE deal on 360 games, 2 for 1 GS/EB on Wii games, non-receipt exchanges for store credit, etc.) people start to look at you a little funny and wonder where you're getting this stuff from.

And just because you walk in with the item doesn't mean it's not stolen. This is the same reason EB/GS won't take trade-ins on sealed games. Maybe you should gather a few more facts before you open your mouth. I realize I'm probably arguing with some 15 year-old mommy's bitch who has no concept of liability or ethics of business, so I doubt you'll even be able to comprehend the points I've made, but as I said, you're a moron if you disregard this as even a possibility.

[quote name='wild21crazy']Yay my gh2 shipped today now I just gotta wait for it to get here. Does amazon usually have quick shipping times or will it take a week to get here? Now if only I could get 1 more referral to go green I would be ready to get my next game, but I am waiting for madden 08 to show up on there before I get my next game[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, how do you know it's coming from Amazon? I've never had a GHII ship from Amazon, so I wasn't sure if they notified you via email or what. I usually don't find out where mine came from until it arrives and I look at the packing slip.

My DDR shipped today. Quite quick as I ordered yesterday.

Oh and n8, Amazon doesn't notify you. As you said, you find out when you receive the goods.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yes, because a hypothetical situation is something that actually happened to me. You are truly a stupid fuck. Forgive me for simply making people aware of a potential kink in your deceptive plans. As I said, I fucking hate Wal-Mart. They're a shitty corporation that exploits their workers both in and out of the country, and relies on customers who either can't afford anything else or have no other options. The only reason I know that this shit is a possibility is because I fucking tried it! Hello! What does that tell you?

If you are 100% positive you can pull it off, more power to you. If I were positive I could pull it off, I'd do the same. Unfortunately, through my various "scheming" thanks to CAG (ie. 2 for 1 FYE deal on 360 games, 2 for 1 GS/EB on Wii games, non-receipt exchanges for store credit, etc.) people start to look at you a little funny and wonder where you're getting this stuff from.

And just because you walk in with the item doesn't mean it's not stolen. This is the same reason EB/GS won't take trade-ins on sealed games. Maybe you should gather a few more facts before you open your mouth. I realize I'm probably arguing with some 15 year-old mommy's bitch who has no concept of liability or ethics of business, so I doubt you'll even be able to comprehend the points I've made, but as I said, you're a moron if you disregard this as even a possibility.[/quote]

you are arguing with a 27 year old who has been in the USAF for the last 8+ years.....you are the moron who apparently keeps bringing all this shit to the SAME Walmart.....I have at least 5 walmarts within a 20 mile radius of me..I would think someone with a little bit of common sense wouldnt go to the same place over and over again to return unopened games....that's just dumb

also, it doesnt matter how they look at you or what they think...if it is policy at a store that they will give refunds for unopened games without receipts then that is their problem..i dont give a fuck what people are thinking when I return something....maybe you just feel guilty doing getting money back for games and are pissed that no one else does

[quote name='Hostile 17']I'd like a wireless controller. Should I get that next or get something else of higher value to resell? Any ideas? I see everyone here talking about Guitar Hero, what's up with that?[/quote]

if you go to http://club.live.com which is a Microsoft site and play chicktionary and flexicon for about 2 hours you will rack up enough tickets to get a wireless controller for free

[quote name='Malik112099']you are arguing with a 27 year old who has been in the USAF for the last 8+ years.....you are the moron who apparently keeps bringing all this shit to the SAME Walmart.....I have at least 5 walmarts within a 20 mile radius of me..I would think someone with a little bit of common sense wouldnt go to the same place over and over again to return unopened games....that's just dumb

also, it doesnt matter how they look at you or what they think...if it is policy at a store that they will give refunds for unopened games without receipts then that is their problem..i dont give a fuck what people are thinking when I return something....maybe you just feel guilty doing getting money back for games and are pissed that no one else does[/quote]

So...you're in the Air Force. Is that supposed to imply some kind of credibility? Under this administration??? LOL! (I have a Bachelor's degree from App State University...while we're comparing penis size).

It's already been stated that going to different Wal-Marts is completely irrelevant. When returning without a receipt, they ask for your address and ID number, putting you into WM's computer system. Former WM employees have confirmed that you're allowed three non-receipt exchanges in a six month period.

You can't really use their "policy" as a defense considering said policy does not include accepting items not purchased from a Wal-Mart. This is where the security alarm comes into play. When the alarm goes off, it raises suspicions as to whether the item came from a WM in the first place, since there is probably a 95% chance that if it had, the security tag would have been deactivated.

Regardless, we are both free to believe what we want...those are the freedoms you're defending right? I appreciate the debate, and apologize if you were offended by anything I said. I will admit that asking for a $90 credit without a receipt does take balls of steel, and kudos to those of you who pull it off. I'm all for screwing big corporations any chance you get. They do it to us every single day.

Crap I just realized that it seems I have to call to cancel stamps.com. It says on the FAQ you have to call a number, but I thought I've read you could cancel online. Is there a way?

[quote name='badramen']Oh and n8, Amazon doesn't notify you. As you said, you find out when you receive the goods.[/quote]

See, that's what I thought. I just want people to realize they're taking a chance if they think they're going to "cash in" on the Amazon return policy. Although, I suppose worst case scenario, they could just throw it up on Ebay.

I'm not a fan of misinformation. The world is full of misinformed people, which leads to discrimination, segregation, and trends that continue for generations (I'm a "Yankee" who grew up in the South...don't get me started..lol)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']So...you're in the Air Force. Is that supposed to imply some kind of credibility? Under this administration??? LOL! (I have a Bachelor's degree from App State University...while we're comparing penis size).

It's already been stated that going to different Wal-Marts is completely irrelevant. When returning without a receipt, they ask for your address and ID number, putting you into WM's computer system. Former WM employees have confirmed that you're allowed three non-receipt exchanges in a six month period.

You can't really use their "policy" as a defense considering said policy does not include accepting items not purchased from a Wal-Mart. This is where the security alarm comes into play. When the alarm goes off, it raises suspicions as to whether the item came from a WM in the first place, since there is probably a 95% chance that if it had, the security tag would have been deactivated.

Regardless, we are both free to believe what we want...those are the freedoms you're defending right? I appreciate the debate, and apologize if you were offended by anything I said. I will admit that asking for a $90 credit without a receipt does take balls of steel, and kudos to those of you who pull it off. I'm all for screwing big corporations any chance you get. They do it to us every single day.[/quote]

glad to agree to disagree and as for the penis size comparison, the military has paid for me to get a bachelors and 2 associates ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back