Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I want to add a regular membership to my cart. I logged out, closed my browser, and then logged back in to theeca.com. Where can I find the membership to add to my cart?

[quote name='Ryukahn']Elaborate please. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

You can generate virtual credit card numbers (one-time or multi-use) mainly for buying from stores that don't directly support Paypal payments. They also expire in a month or so so you can protect yourself from potential scams. I'm not saying this is a scam, but I'd have preferred it because then I wouldn't have to remember calling ECA 11 months from now to cancel hehe.

Any clue if the ECA codes can be added after you've placed an order on Amazon or do you have to cancel the order and then enter the code?

Can someone help me get this to work? I signed up, but I did not receive a confirmation e-mail nor did I find a place to enter the code. Please help before the offer ends :whistle2:(

[quote name='Orgymang']I'd like to give it a try but they refuse to send me a confirmation e-mail after I created my account...[/QUOTE]

A lot of spam filters block their emails.

Hmm thanks op I signed up but, I seen this under the amazon section.
Members please note: These codes expire on 9/30/09

So looks like we dont have the whole year to buy things on amazon.

So after you sign up for an account how do you actually input the code and such?

I've never had firefox show this warning for a site before...

[quote name='Fors78']Hmm thanks op I signed up but, I seen this under the amazon section.
Members please note: These codes expire on 9/30/09

So looks like we dont have the whole year to buy things on amazon.
[/QUOTE]

They get their codes in batches, so at the end of the month, Amazon will send them a new batch of codes to use on the site. They still havent implemented the multi-use codes yet. Thats just saying the current batch of codes will expire on 9/30, however if you use the code before it expires on a pre-order thats releasing after that, the code will stay valid for that order.

[quote name='Gertle627']Ok, give me a break cuz I'm sick, lol. But I must be doing something wrong. I signed up and am logged in now, but it never asked for a code or cc# or anything like that. Did I only sign up for the newsletter?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='erehwon']Where do we put that code? I signed up on theeca.com and it never asked me for a code?[/QUOTE]

I was having the same problem. Check your spam, you will get another email with a different confirmation link. Once you do that, you'll be presented with the page with the pricing info and the option to add the code.

Just signed up myself. Thanks OP! I just wish I could use these codes on existing pre-orders. I may have to cancel a few.

I want to sign up but I don't want to put my credit card information in. I know I will forget to cancel the subscription next year so I'll get automatically billed. And I don't have a VISA gift card laying around. The people that have already signed up, is there an option to remove your credit card info or turn off auto bill for next year?

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']do we have to enter the credit card number information and coupon code, click review order, then it will show as zero, is that the correct procedure? no way to verify the coupon before cc information?[/QUOTE]

yes, just did it.

[quote name='Nighthawks28']I want to sign up but I don't want to put my credit card information in. I know I will forget to cancel the subscription next year so I'll get automatically billed. And I don't have a VISA gift card laying around. The people that have already signed up, is there an option to remove your credit card info or turn off auto bill for next year?[/QUOTE]

yes if you go to http://www.theeca.com/user while logged in there's a link that says "cancel." I did it just now, and my membership is still going for a year.

Awesome, just preordered Pinball hall of fame 360 and Assassins creed 2. I used a virtual CC # but is there a way to take off the CC from your billing info just in case? I assume that if you cancel your account you lose access to the codes section, right?

edit: looks like someone just answered above. Can anyone confirm?

[quote name='seen']^They said that may cancel services though, so I'm hesitant to do so.[/QUOTE]

right like I said, my membership is still going.

[quote name='Eric1285']A lot of spam filters block their emails.[/QUOTE]

Definitely doesn't seem to like Comcast e-mails so I switched over to a random GMail account I had. Thanks OP for the code.

Thanks OP! I was considering signing up for ECA the next time I made an Amazon purchase but this is a no-brainer.

PayPal secure card generator FTW.

[quote name='genfuyung']Is everyone getting this warning from their browsers or just firefox users?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my Firefox browser isn't liking this site. Is this suspicious?

Well, I'm making sure to store up plenty of codes on my Amazon account, because this free shit is going to make them run dry super quick.

[quote name='estebon']something tells me eca is going to run out of codes quick from now on.[/quote]

[quote name='jodou']well, i'm making sure to store up plenty of codes on my amazon account, because this free shit is going to make them run dry super quick.[/quote]
qft

Thanks OP for the great info!!!!

[quote name='Jodou']Well, I'm making sure to store up plenty of codes on my Amazon account, because this free shit is going to make them run dry super quick.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean about storing? How does that go about.

Had to do it - Says they will email you 30 days before they auto renew. Should be easy enough to cancel if you want to. But the savings from Amazon alone will probably make it worthwhile to renew.

[quote name='Jodou']Well, I'm making sure to store up plenty of codes on my Amazon account, because this free shit is going to make them run dry super quick.[/QUOTE]

You can't store codes on your account, and the current codes expire at the end of the month... so there goes your plan unless you're looking to buy all of what you need within the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back