Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those asking about the expiration date, the ECA keeps getting new batches of codes from Amazon. They haven't worked out a way for everyone to just have a unique code that gets tied to our accounts. So, the current batch will run out 9/30, but they will get more.

weird doesnt ask me to pay to sign up or anything am i doing this wrong?

Nevermond i didnt wait to get the confirmation e-mail.

[quote name='mac101010']You can generate virtual credit card numbers (one-time or multi-use) mainly for buying from stores that don't directly support Paypal payments. They also expire in a month or so so you can protect yourself from potential scams. I'm not saying this is a scam, but I'd have preferred it because then I wouldn't have to remember calling ECA 11 months from now to cancel hehe.[/QUOTE]

How do you get a Virtual Credit Card from PayPal?

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']You can't store codes on your account, and the current codes expire at the end of the month... so there goes your plan unless you're looking to buy all of what you need within the month.[/QUOTE]
The point is, I want to actually HAVE codes to use til the end of the month. You can bet your ass this will end up on SD FP.

Just did this deal online, but actually got more than a free year I think. When running though the online order, it said my subscription would expire on 03/2011. Actually getting a year and a half free.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']thx mang OP... um... still havent signed up just wondering about the whole credit card thing.[/QUOTE]

I'm a member, contact me and I'll tell ya ReRo.

[quote name='Jodou']The point is, I want to actually HAVE codes to use til the end of the month. You can bet your ass this will end up on SD FP.[/QUOTE]

it is already on SD

Maybe I'm blind, but where in the world do you sign up and use the coupon? I see where it says join, I've done that, but at no point did it ask for a cc# or anything. I can sign in, but when I click on anything to do with the membership it says sign in to see that information.

What in the world?

I signed up and clicked the confirmation email, but I can't find a place to 'upgrade' to full membership (ie put in the CC and code). This is the link shown for member benefits http://www.theeca.com/member_home but it just says Access Denied and I can't find the page to sign up for full membership. Any help or direct link would be appreciated.

After you sign up with the basic info- you need to go into your email and click the link. From that point on- it should be pretty obvious. Typing the code in will -$19.99 as well. Very awesome deal.

[quote name='johnmirra']weird doesnt ask me to pay to sign up or anything am i doing this wrong?[/QUOTE]

Same here. I can log in but it doesnt let me access any member page. I think the sign up system is hosed.

well....betcha the amazon will not renew the 10% off codes on 9/30, so those of who paid will get fucked, but oh well I saved $40 using these codes, so I made my money back

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']You can't store codes on your account, and the current codes expire at the end of the month... so there goes your plan unless you're looking to buy all of what you need within the month.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but you're wrong. The codes you redeem on checkout stay in your account if you didn't finalize the purchase.

I'm now a member! Much appreciated OP! Amazon is my #1 game retailer so I plain on retaining my membership as it will likely continually pay for itself.

[quote name='mac101010']Sorry, but you're wrong. The codes you redeem on checkout stay in your account if you didn't finalize the purchase.[/QUOTE]

The codes are supposed to expire at the end of this month.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']The codes are supposed to expire at the end of this month.[/QUOTE]

Expire as in if you don't redeem them, they're invalidated.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']After you sign up with the basic info- you need to go into your email and click the link. From that point on- it should be pretty obvious. Typing the code in will -$19.99 as well. Very awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, thanks. I signed up using AOL to start with and it looks like they aren't sending the email to that address. I did it again using gmail and it worked fine.

[quote name='Tech Star']Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Login to Paypal; search Plugin. Download and install the plugin to your browser. Use plugin.

[quote name='Tech Star']Anyone?[/QUOTE]
It took a little effort on my part to find it. You login to paypal and go to the product and services section. At the bottom of the page, click on the link to the paypal plugin. You generate them through that.

I got mine to go through. Thanks OP.

[quote name='genfuyung']Is everyone getting this warning from their browsers or just firefox users?[/QUOTE]

I was getting a warning on Chrome... but I also get warnings just from browing CAG, so I ignored it.

Man, I redid all my pre-orders w/ECA...what a difference! I can actually get a few more games with the savings! Thanks again, OP!!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I am very happy :)

Black friday... here I come![/QUOTE]

That's basically what I'm looking forward to. I generally don't order many games from Amazon, unless they have a pre-order bonus that I really want or a price that knocks my socks off. But I always get 4 or 5 items from their Black Friday sales.

[quote name='mac101010']Sorry, but you're wrong. The codes you redeem on checkout stay in your account if you didn't finalize the purchase.[/QUOTE]

That's right -- you can do that, but once you do, wouldn't the discount only apply to that specific order and not for any others?

Ok got it now; they send you 3 emails, two of which ask you to verify your email but only one leads you to the payment screen. It's the one where the user name is NOT ECA :roll:

You would think a software organization could find a decent web designer.

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']That's right -- you can do that, but once you do, wouldn't the discount only apply to that specific order and not for any others?[/QUOTE]

I initially thought the same thing but no, it applies to any other orders you create in the future. I actually found out by accident a week ago lol.

Thanks OP, signed up and this works with New York Comic Con....but no details on benefits yet. it will expire before the con starts but ill renew anyway. Ill start ordering games next month..now i got a PS 3. Might use this on Cross Edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back