Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bladetears']Did anyone else get a free subscription to the ECA back in January? Apparently I have a free subscription to them and it's going to resubscribe even though I don't have a credit card on the account.[/QUOTE] Anyone?

[quote name='retail sucks']I can see the message "Due to overwhelming response the promo is no longer available" in someobne's future. The thread was posted 2 hours ago & it's had 2,200+ views. I can see this really getting out of hand if someone were to post it on SlickDeals or FatWallet:lol:[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, it's already on SlickDeals LOL

http://slickdeals.net/?nojs=1

[quote name='Interfeci']...But you can generate a card number through paypal. That gets rid of all the hoops you apparently have to jump through.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I normally use PayPal Pay Later but I'll look into what you said.

[quote name='lolwaut']no, you can disable the recurring fee once you make your account[/QUOTE]

Ohh ok thank you, where can I access this? I already made my account.

[quote name='Hostile']Maybe a short-term upsurge in members is better for them get money from who really pay them, which is big companies and not these memberships. Maybe they'll be giving free memberships soon. Who knows.[/QUOTE]
It's all speculation, but my gut feeling is usually never wrong.

I didn't mind paying $15 for my membership since I got it back on my first order (Tekken 6 bundle), but if I don't even get a month's use out 10% off, I'll be pretty pissed =(

[quote name='Jodou']Seen every episode; the Rambo sequel numbering one where he loses his mind is the best![/QUOTE]

Lol all I can hear in my head now: WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?

Ok so I am at the page for my recurring fees part. If I press cancel, then that means I won't be getting anymore magazines after my free one year? Or does it mean I just canceled my free one year?

lol sorry I'm not good with these things.

[quote name='canza']If I press cancel, then that means I won't be getting anymore magazines after my free one year?[/QUOTE]
Magazines? New free members get magazines?!

WHAT. WERE. THEY. THINKING?!?!?!

Woot, just woked for me, got lots of games coming out, that I want, and now I will get. Although my stupid laptop with Windows Vista said don't go to that site, I did anyways!

[quote name='Estebon']Something tells me ECA is going to run out of codes quick from now on.[/QUOTE]

Between CAG and SD being in on this, not to mention probably other video game sites and probably Fat Fallet, something tells me Amazon might not be sending a new batch of codes after 9/30.

Now I'm debating making a 2nd account in case the codes don't go away.

I stupidly spent $49.96 before I registered for ECA, meaning I lost out on saving $5. I've now saved $19.42 on games since registering at the end of July, but considering I had to pay $15 in the first place, I've only saved $4.42. But the reason that's so low is because I've had $10 off coupons and mostly DOTD and Lightening Deal purchases (and my only consoles are Wii and DS, so it's not like they were $60 360 or PS3 games to begin with) so they were already cheap before applying the ECA discount. So I'm pleased with my deals, but disappointed I probably won't save a whole lot more because of this. I could try to come up with some other way to justify the $15 to make my savings really $20, but I won't. I'm sure I'll be spending plenty on video games before next July to further rack up more savings.

[quote name='Jodou']Magazines? New free members get magazines?!

WHAT. WERE. THEY. THINKING?!?!?![/QUOTE]

lol sorry, i keep thinking magazines. I need to read more.

[quote name='confoosious']Whoever leaked this should be tarred and feathered after the codes run out on Oct 1.

10% off video games wouldve been nice for xmas.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, last year when Amazon matched pretty much every deal I was going to go out for was tits.

Um, why would these codes not be renewed? Amazon is going to make a ton of money off people who think saving 12 bucks on 120 dollars is a great deal.
They're still making a ton of money off of these games.
Do you guys not know how cost or business works?

[quote name='unclenebber']Um, why would these codes not be renewed? Amazon is going to make a ton of money off people who think saving 12 bucks on 120 dollars is a great deal.
Do you guys not know how cost or business works?[/QUOTE]
You can't tell me they're making money off new games marked down 15-20% on top of the $10 coupons some games yield. I understand how loss leaders work and games are definitely not one.

Moving stock is great, but not at an operating loss.

[quote name='unclenebber']

If you want to tell me exactly how much amazon pays for games then I guess we could know. Yes it's possible this could be helping out amazon, but without any actual facts or numbers...

And when you have people getting 3-6$ off the purchase anyway from amazon, goldbox and eca..their profits seem nil. I don't know, guess we'll see.

I'm questioning something you guys are saying. It's been 'leaked' all over the internet, but this came from an issue of Game Informer. What about, you know, all the other people that are actually... SUBSCRIBED!?!?

OHHHH NOOOO!!!

I can tell you that, because i've ordered games for big box stores having worked in inventory, and some new releases have costs less than 40 bucks. And, with the volume of amazon, it will make their profits huge just based on people meeting the 25 dollar fsss.

Its a very good deal even if you have to pay in full, now that it's free it's an awesome deal. but i am bummed because i am a paying member and i don't see it's gonna help ECA maintain the benefit in the long run

Thanks OP. I'm not sure how often I'll actually use my subscription since I've been having trouble finding a job, but hopefully I can use it some before the year is up :)

This sort of pisses me off. I'm guessing all the people who jumped on this deal thought eca wasn't worth the $20 or $15 when it was. But I paid $15 for my subscription and I dont regret it as the games/stuff I've ordered since then saved over $30. But still c'mon I feel cheated to say the least that you guys get essentially $15 free.

[quote name='unclenebber']Um, why would these codes not be renewed? Amazon is going to make a ton of money off people who think saving 12 bucks on 120 dollars is a great deal.

I'm wondering if you do.

[quote name='unclenebber']I can tell you that, because i've ordered games for big box stores having worked in inventory, and some new releases have costs less than 40 bucks. And, with the volume of amazon, it will make their profits huge just based on people meeting the 25 dollar fsss.[/QUOTE]

Please wise one, inform us what the cost is to Amazon for a new $60 game.

In my estimation:

Amazon usual price = $53.99
10% = 48.60
Since $48 > $25 it's Free Super Saver shipping
So shipping and supplies ~1.50 even with their huge volume discount

So Amazon gets $47 for every game they sell.

If it's in the gold box, they prob net $45 but lets forget about that for a sec.

They usually give $10 gc for AAA releases. Let's say the cash value of that credit is $5. But let's forget about that too for a sec.

So you're telling me that amazon is doing such HUGE volume on a game like ODST that they are getting it wholesale for significantly ("profits huge") less than $47?

No chance.

Gamestop is the #1 video game retailer in the world and they get it wholesale for $48 per game. That's according to their CEO. He might be a douche but I'm gonna say he knows how business works more than you.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']This sort of pisses me off. I'm guessing all the people who jumped on this deal thought eca wasn't worth the $20 or $15 when it was. But I paid $15 for my subscription and I dont regret it as the games/stuff I've ordered since then saved over $30. But still c'mon I feel cheated to say the least that you guys get essentially $15 free.[/QUOTE]

Jealousy isn't attractive.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']This sort of pisses me off. I'm guessing all the people who jumped on this deal thought eca wasn't worth the $20 or $15 when it was. But I paid $15 for my subscription and I dont regret it as the games/stuff I've ordered since then saved over $30. But still c'mon I feel cheated to say the least that you guys get essentially $15 free.[/QUOTE]

i think i hear a violin.

[quote name='Interfeci']I'm questioning something you guys are saying. It's been 'leaked' all over the internet, but this came from an issue of Game Informer. What about, you know, all the other people that are actually... SUBSCRIBED!?!?

OHHHH NOOOO!!![/QUOTE]
We're fucked; proper fucked.

[quote name='Jodou']You can't tell me they're making money off new games marked down 15-20% on top of the $10 coupons some games yield. I understand how loss leaders work and games are definitely not one.

Moving stock is great, but not at an operating loss.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Amazon has to pay for the free shipping and shipping boxes too, unlike say, Best Buy...WIth all the promos they are throwing out there, the below list price selling points and the ECA discount on top of that and then the shipping cost on top of that, Amazon isn't making much, if anything, on these sales. And if the ECA discount is being used by heavy amazon customers vs. say attracting new customers to Amazon, the damage is even worse, since they are discounting sales they might have gotten anyway without the discount.

Hmm... Is it just me or does it take forever to receive the validation e-mail?

Nevermind. Seems like they only accept certain e-mail accounts... Was using my RoadRunner e-mail but had to change it to my Yahoo account.

THANKS OP!!!

Just joined, question though where do I see the code used for game purchases? Also I've got 2 game on pre-order, so how do I now apply the eca discount with these purchases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back