FS:Trade Station Updates: ALL locations LIST + Dedicated Trade website.

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
As I picked up my 360 at FS this morning, I noticed this on the EMPLOYEE GETAWAY...the video game trading program is coming 09/15 IT'S A NATION-WIDE ROLLOUT!

you get credit on a card..dunno if its TAX FREE like EB games....NOT!

Trade in Credit can be used on services AND ALL MERCHANDISE! Ipods...macs...ps3...whatever!

FS's formula for trade value:

USED price:
Divided by 2
Minus 10%
=Trade value!!!!

Example:
Mario Galaxy USED 39.99
Divided by 2 =$20!
Minus 10%
Final Value=$18

This is the formula for ALL GAMES! It can be mario galaxy and trade in at the same price as Horsez 3

All Gamecube and XBOX GAMES ARE EXCLUDED!!!

All SPORTS games MUST BE THIS year's OR LAST year's versions.
NO 07 & Prior games accepted!

List of participating locations:

2929976876_2156743691_o.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/usedgames/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gamer602']Do that and you be my hero!

At fs, the login for the used network is: fs(store Number) example: fs007

Password is your peronal password.[/quote]
Yeah that would be amazing.
A full TIV list would help SO SO SO much.

[quote name='gamer602']Do that and you be my hero!

At fs, the login for the used network is: fs(store Number) example: fs007

Password is your peronal password.[/quote]

[quote name='Azumangaman']Yeah that would be amazing.
A full TIV list would help SO SO SO much.[/quote]

Yeah I know how to log on, I'll look through the gauntlet of info the employee "portal" is (just shit thrown on there) and I'll update when I get home (if I even work).

Hmm...so passwords are individual use?
I actually still have the user/pass for most of aurora and the bell/telus mobile administration pages. No need to use them, but it's nice to know it's insecure :p
They were generic/departmental, however, and not just personal use. If you have a departmental portal pass I may be able to rig something up to database all the current tivs - assuming that they a) can be accessed from non-FS IPs outside the portal and b) are internet and not on the internal network.

Got my gift card for XB Rock band for $22.80 today. Games I didn't trade were XB Tenchu Z ($2.00) and XB Call of Juarez ($3.80). The system looked web-based to me.

I treaded in 3 games for the Fable 2 coupon and credit:
The Darkness (360) $10.50
Guitar Hero II (360) $18.50
Guitar Hero III (360) $22.80

I'm pretty happy to walk out the door with $51.60 trade in credit and a coupon that saves me $30. The Kanata store has one guy that knows how to do trade ins.

Games that were less then $10, I don't remember the individual trade in values.
Transformers (360)
Prey (360)
Stranglehold (360)
Viva Pinata: Party Animals (360)

Traded in 3 games as well and got me the 50% off coupon.
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) - 22.80
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3/Non-GH) - 27.60 (First one i've seen above the 22.80 mark) :D
The Club (360) - 22.80

Got $73.20...awesome!

Man, I am loving this Futureshop business. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer trades in for Wii trades in at FS for $13.20...also you can buy it used at BBV for $4.99!! GOGOGO! Also, you can trade in 3 of the same game a clerk said.
I traded 2 F4s for Wii and The Darkness and saved 37.00 on Dead Space whilst getting the 50% off coupon for Fable II/LBP (I wasn't even going to get Fable but for $30.00, heck, why not!?). Dead Space rules, btw.
Finally: 22.80 for The Club is VERY FAIR.

Technically couldn't you do the trade 3 promo (for 50% off fable) and then USE the credit towards fable, thereby getting it almost if not FREE?

[quote name='maigoyume']Technically couldn't you do the trade 3 promo (for 50% off fable) and then USE the credit towards fable, thereby getting it almost if not FREE?[/quote]

i think that's what makes it an arguably better deal than eb. in certain situations, i'm sure it is.

[quote name='craig64']I'd totally be up for trading some games in... but it looks like this isn't on in Edmonton? Ugh...[/quote]

Yeah, looks like we get screwed (again) - BBV's in Edmonton don't take trade-ins, either... I've gone to the St. Albert ones to trade in before, but there isn't a Future Shop listed closer to Edmonton than Red Deer! :whistle2:(

Bart

[quote name='cm matty']i think that's what makes it an arguably better deal than eb. in certain situations, i'm sure it is.[/QUOTE]

I lucked out on even better then I would have with EB's trade in 3 because 2 of the games I traded in were worth more then $10 each. Even after I pay $30 +tax for Fable 2 I'll be left with credit on the FS card. I really hope FS puts out more coupons like this for games.

[quote name='AJD23']Traded in 3 games as well and got me the 50% off coupon.
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) - 22.80
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3/Non-GH) - 27.60 (First one i've seen above the 22.80 mark) :D
[/quote]
Oh WOW. Those are great.
Hopefully 360 version of DMC4 is the same.
I'll have to do this soon. If I trade those 2 in plus another $20+ game I can get 50% off LBP PLUS 60$ Trade in Credit.
Insane!
Anybody know the TIV of Dark Kingdom (PS3)?

It was awfully long when I tried to trade-in games, because the clerk made a mistake when he entered the 4th game I traded into the "old computer", so he had to start over the filling, and after there was paper missing for printing the receipt!

I was talking to the clerk and he was also not happy about how the trade-ins work (having to fill manually on a 2nd computer, switching computer...).

I traded these 4 games:
GTA San Andreas PS2: $8.60 FS
GTA 3 PS2: $3.60 FS
GTA Vice City PS2: $8.60 FS (crazy stuff)
GTA Vice CIty Stories PS2: $6 FS

These 4 games were worth $0 at BBV.

For people who asked the url they use, the url bar was not visible on the computer screen, so it was not possible to see it.

[quote name='lisdoncca']It was awfully long when I tried to trade-in games, because the clerk made a mistake when he entered the 4th game I traded into the "old computer", so he had to start over the filling, and after there was paper missing for printing the receipt!

I was talking to the clerk and he was also not happy about how the trade-ins work (having to fill manually on a 2nd computer, switching computer...).

I traded these 4 games:
GTA San Andreas PS2: $8.60 FS
GTA 3 PS2: $3.60 FS
GTA Vice City PS2: $8.60 FS (crazy stuff)
GTA Vice CIty Stories PS2: $6 FS

These 4 games were worth $0 at BBV.

For people who asked the url they use, the url bar was not visible on the computer screen, so it was not possible to see it.[/quote]

There's no outside URL. The system is all run on a local network. You can't access it on an outside computer.

Thanks for the info method47. It makes sense that they use a local network.

Some people earlier in the thread were wondering if it would be possible to access the TIV list, it seems it would not be possible.

i looked on the employee gateway and couldn't find anything. my store doesn't have a trade-in terminal as we aren't doing it, so I don't know how to find TIVs. We do have values in our regular inventory but they don't seem to be the same as what they actually trade for.

[quote name='summer_star17x']anyone know what mass effect is?[/quote]

Mass Effect's worth $22.80 IIRC. Great values on some of the games that aren't worth so much elsewhere -- I can't get over the $22.80 value for GH3.... people who've had it since the big sale at EB can finally trade it in, I guess.

Went today and traded some stuff ... I can see it being a gong show trying to use the credit. I don't know if they're supposed to have coupons or what for the 50% off deal, but they either didn't at this Future Shop or they didn't know about them.

So on the card they gave me, they wrote "To be used for 50% off (Fable II's SKU)"

I'm not entirely certain I want Fable II, but I can envision one of the following situations:

1) Trying to get 50% off Fable II and getting told to go suck an egg.
2) Trying to use the credit (or surplus credit if I do buy Fable II) and being told that I can only use it for Fable II.

If I didn't already have LBP on the way, I'd have gotten that...

Traded in 4 games at the Kingsway location, went really smooth, got the coupon, gonna use for fable 2, games I traded in were:
NBA Ballers (360)- $15.60
Rockband (360)-$22.80
New Super mario bros (ds)-$13.20
Blacksite Area 51 (ps3)-$8.40

also resistance has an $8.50 tiv so I just kept that

[quote name='lisdoncca']Thanks for the info method47. It makes sense that they use a local network.

Some people earlier in the thread were wondering if it would be possible to access the TIV list, it seems it would not be possible.[/quote]

Wait, people were getting boners about being able to access TIV list from the store website?

C'mon guys FS corporate may drop the ball but they're not retarded =\ :D. But at the same time not being able to access the employee portal from home is a bitch though.

Also jubilation! My first day at work in a while and I can finally check if I can copy off a copy of the TIV list. Stay tuned!

[quote name='game_fanatic']does anyone have any experience with trade-ins at the Waterloo location?[/quote]

They seem to know what they're doing, although when I tried to trade something in (very soon after they started) the TIV on the website and the terminal didn't match and they would only give me the lower value ($3.60 vs $13.20). Haven't been back since.

[quote name='TripleQ']They seem to know what they're doing, although when I tried to trade something in (very soon after they started) the TIV on the website and the terminal didn't match and they would only give me the lower value ($3.60 vs $13.20). Haven't been back since.[/quote]

Yeah I went last night, guys seemed quite helpful, although they wouldn't accept games I had that were sealed (bought them in the summer, never got around to playing them). They also didn't take my "Not for Resale" GH3 copies:cry:

[quote name='TripleQ']They seem to know what they're doing, although when I tried to trade something in (very soon after they started) the TIV on the website and the terminal didn't match and they would only give me the lower value ($3.60 vs $13.20). Haven't been back since.[/quote]

Just wanted to confirm that I too have experienced this, and also at the Waterloo location. More recently I went to the Cambridge FS, and when a similar thing happened with Orange Box (trade terminal said $13.20, POS terminal said $8 something), he bumped it up to $13.20 for me. So YMMV.

[quote name='projectkuro']Oh crap, I might go pick up a copy at some store that leaked it early.
But they're selling it for 69.99 =/[/quote]

Some stores are selling it already?

Traded in Bioshock ($13.20), Guitar Hero 3 ($22.80) and Alone in the Dark ($13.20) at the Kingsway location for the 50% off Fable II coupon.

There were 2 versions of Alone in the Dark on the web terminal but even though the one that matched my game's UPC was at $22.80, it didn't have a trade in code for the guy to type into the other terminal. So they would only give it to me for the other lesser $13.20 value since it had the trade in code and the one mine matched didn't. Anyone looking to trade this one in, should watch out for that.

[quote name='projectkuro']Oh crap, I might go pick up a copy at some store that leaked it early.
But they're selling it for 69.99 =/[/QUOTE]

With the delay you'd easily be able to make some good cash re-selling it. Also it would be a rare original version.

SCEA has acknowledged the recall on its PlayStation Blog, apologizing to those offended and for the delay. According to the post, SCEA "will begin shipping LittleBigPlanet to retail in North America the week of October 27th."

-Gamespot

Not so bad after all. Might pick up a copy anyways.

FYI - After months of having horribly outdated Trade-In values, they seem to have updated their system. I went to trade in about 8 games today and 5 of them came up lower than what they should have on the trade-in PC (as I'd traded those titles in before and some are listed on this site). Might want to watch out if you're buying strictly to trade in.

P.S. Anyone know any good locations in the Lower Mainland that actually know what they're doing and will take in a pile of games without bitching?

WTF you can't print out TIVs or anything, how drool.

But I have a likkle scheme goin' on nya so do not fret my friends, I will find a way.

[quote name='kathos']WTF you can't print out TIVs or anything, how drool.

But I have a likkle scheme goin' on nya so do not fret my friends, I will find a way.[/quote]

Is it true that FS doesnt accept not for resale games?

[quote name='kathos']WTF you can't print out TIVs or anything, how drool.

But I have a likkle scheme goin' on nya so do not fret my friends, I will find a way.[/quote]

Print screen?
Any way you can pm me the trade in value url?

I haven't even looked into that killmak, will do tomorrow.

And the stuff is on an intranet or something, I tried accessing the URL myself from home and nada.

hmm damn.
I don't really remember the terminals, either...you can't even save pages or anything though I don't think.
So what's this little "scheme" you're cooking up?

Traded in Viva Pinata:party Animals ($13.20), Forza 2 ($13.20), and Ninja Gaiden Sigma ($27.60) for my 50% off coupon. Pretty damn awesome!

[quote name='tymcg']Traded in Viva Pinata:party Animals ($13.20), Forza 2 ($13.20), and Ninja Gaiden Sigma ($27.60) for my 50% off coupon. Pretty damn awesome![/quote]

That's weird, someone posted a couple of pages back that VP was less then 10 bucks.

bread's done
Back