FYE: XBOX 360 & PS3 Games - Cheap, Free or Make Money AR

Kayotick

CAGiversary!
I was able to get WWE Smackdown 2009 featuring ECW, Saints Row 2 and Lost Planet with this offer. I ended up charging about $50 to my credit card for all 3 of them and I just have to mail in a separate rebate slip for all. They actually paid me to get one of the games. There was a $30 rebate on Smackdown and they sold it to me for $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went in today and found Saints Row 2 (PS3) for $29.99. The box didn't say anything about a rebate, but the divider separating it from the other games said there was a $30 rebate. So I asked the guy and he checked with a more knowledgeable person in the store. As it turns out, the rebate is old and not being accepted.

So there wasn't any deal. This was at the Rural & Broadway location in Tempe, AZ.

is there a time limit for cancelling ?

my plan is to use the $20 GC to purchase Uncharted 2, but i dont mind if i dont get it first day, just eventually.

[quote name='lovemetal626']is there a time limit for cancelling ?

my plan is to use the $20 GC to purchase Uncharted 2, but i dont mind if i dont get it first day, just eventually.[/QUOTE]

You have to cancel your trial membership within 30 days. The employee said you will still get the gift card, even if you cancel before you receive it. Plus I think you can still use the $5 off coupon that came in the packet, but not positive on that. I also plan on buying Uncharted 2 with my FYE discount/gift card, provided I receive the gift card before I have to cancel my account, then no extra discount.

[quote name='polishpride212']Is the rebate a gift card or a check/money back?[/QUOTE]

It depends on how much you are due back. If your rebate amount is higher than $19.99 then you will get a Visa Gift Card, anything under $19.99 will be a check.

Madden '09 for XBox 360 is FAR currently. Valid 9/09 through 10/6. $30 with a $30 rebate.

Rock Band (1) for 360 is also FAR, but I don't have the details on that one.

Huh, sounds interesting. I'll check my local FYE. Were the rebates only mentioned after the purchase? I'd like to know what game has what rebate so I just don't spend wildly.

I asked for a list, and they said they didn't have one available. I said 'Fine, could you check this game for me?' She went to the register, took like 10 minutes, came back and said 'The game is free after rebate.' I told her it was great, and I looked for some more games. Went to the register, and she pulled out a nice paper list with all the rebates on it.

I didn't feel like asking her where it came out from, but whatever.

Madden 09 and RB for the PS3 are also FAR.

I went back today. I picked up Madden '09 for the PS3. I used the FYE discount card, so it was $26.99 plus tax, with a $30 rebate. Definitely enjoying these rebates so far!

[quote name='Kstyle']Fry's in Austin TX
does not have ANY mail in rebates on PS3 , XBOX, WII games

wasted 30 min driving D:[/QUOTE]

Try going to FYE next time. I went to my local and got WWF and Lost Planet free after rebate. I've done the rebate a couple of times-- first time was easy, got the money in a month and spent it on groceries. Second time they lost it, and I've resubmitted it (remember to copy everything before you mail it!!). Since the rebate program is run by FYE/TransWorld themselves, if they try to deny me I'll just go to the store and bitch them out. Worst case, I'll just return the game.

Anyway, I love me some FAR games, so I hope this one is like my first rebate. :D

FYE has $10 - $30 rebates on select PS3, XBOX 360, Wii, PSP & PS2 titles.

After rebates, several of these titles are cheap, free or even money makers.

- Valid 09/09/2009 - 10/06/2009
- Paid in the form of Visa Gift Card
- Rebates can be pre-submitted on rebateshq.com (Promo: 09-93708)
- Rebates are usually not advertised, but will print out at the register
- YMMV on pre-rebate pricing (Smackdown Vs. Raw is $20 at some stores, $30 at others)
- Not all the games are on display. Check at the register if there's something that you want, but don't see.

Notable Deals:

PS3
Lost Planet ($20 - $20 Rebate = FAR)
Madden NFL '09 ($30 - $30 Rebate = FAR)
Rockband ($30 - $30 Rebate = FAR)
Saints Row 2 ($30 - $30 Rebate = FAR)
Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 ($20* - $30 Rebate = -$10 AR)

XBOX 360
Halo 3 Limited Edition ($40 - $30 Rebate = $10 AR)
Madden NFL '09 ($30 - $30 Rebate = FAR)
Rockband ($30 - $30 Rebate = FAR)
Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 ($20* - $30 Rebate = -$10 AR)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed ($20 - $30 Rebate = -$10 AR)

Making The Deal Even Hotter:
At the register, you can sign up for a free trial FYE's Backstage pass. Giving you:
- 10% off movies, music & games
- $5 off your next $35 purchase
- $20 gift card by mail

----------

One possible deal:
SW: FU + Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009

$40
- $4 (10% Backstage Pass Discount)
- $5 ($5 off $35 coupon included in the Backstage Pass Package)
- $60 (2 x $30 Rebates)
Total for 2 Games + $20 Gift Card: -$29 (Factor in taxes & postage)

----------

Regarding FYE Rebates

For ANY rebate promotion, there's ALWAYS somebody who doesn't get their rebate or has to do a little extra work to get it. As you should do with ANY rebate: Read, Read, Read... Follow instructions exactly, make copies of EVERYTHING.

I've personally only done one FYE rebate (last month) and had no problem whatsoever; however FYE's rebates are processed by Parago, the same company that handles McAfee's and Sage's rebates. I've done plenty of those and never had any problem that couldn't be resolved with a single phone call.

----------
Complete list of eligible games:

http://rapidshare.de/files/48385875/A9R4957.pdf.html

Make sure to cancel that VIP before the 30 day trial ends, otherwise they charge your card for a monthly fee of $10.

[quote name='Jodou']Too bad you have to send in the UPC's else I'd flip these to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Awww... shucks, I'm one of those people who collect games and like to have my video games pristine and complete (which is why I don't buy used). Looks like I'll have to pass on this great deal then.

[quote name='estofan']Awww... shucks, I'm one of those people who collect games and like to have my video games pristine and complete (which is why I don't buy used). Looks like I'll have to pass on this great deal then.[/QUOTE]

FYI... FYE puts a yellow printout upc sticker on most games... the first and only time I've tried a rebate the guy working there told me that it was what needed to be sent for the rebate... he also printed me out a new one to send... Now I've not received that back yet but it is listed as ready for final processing on the website to check on rebates... which I assume mean it's fine just waiting to mail out the card...

now if they say it's denied... well I've argued with enough people about rebates in the past that I'm pretty sure I'll still get it... even if I have to do it the hard way.... for them that is...

[quote name='Eric1285']There are several people on SD and FW who say that the UPC sticker will work fine for the rebates.[/QUOTE]
Oh word, I'll be stopping by tomorrow then!

[quote name='Oswald9599']Make sure to cancel that VIP before the 30 day trial ends, otherwise they charge your card for a monthly fee of $10.[/QUOTE]

$25/year, not $10/month:

What does the f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership cost and how long does it last?

The f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership fee is $25 per year. Membership expires one year after purchase, on the day after you initially purchased your f.y.e. Backstage Pass card.

[quote name='windsmere']im sorry but wtf is FAR i may be a noob on this
does it mean its free? im kinda confused guys lol[/QUOTE]

Free after rebate

[quote name='windsmere']im sorry but wtf is FAR i may be a noob on this

edit: nvm im dumb lol its free after rebate sorry i suck with acronyms[/QUOTE]

at least you know what wtf is. :applause:

[quote name='iamthekiller']$25/year, not $10/month:

What does the f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership cost and how long does it last?

The f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership fee is $25 per year. Membership expires one year after purchase, on the day after you initially purchased your f.y.e. Backstage Pass card.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is you're both right. XD

The Backstage Pass is an F.Y.E./Sam Goody exclusive memberships card that gets you 10% off for a full year. It's $25, and you also get 20% off on the week of your birthday.

The VIP Card is something fairly new F.Y.E./Sam Goody has been offering. It gets you 10% off, and you get a 30 day free trial, a $20 gift card for signing up, and discounts in a BUNCH of other places (you can check on a website.) This is $9.95 a month after the trial, but if you cancel, they don't charge you/stop your discounts/cancel the gift card/etc.

Trust me, I know. I recite these every work day. XD

Also, TC, I noticed a few other possible mentions for DS (didn't see you mention it in the list of systems, though...)

DS:

Dragonball Z: Harukanara Densetsu- ($10 - $10 Rebate = FAR)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness- ($35 - $20 Rebate = $15 AR)
Flash Focus- ($10 - $5 Rebate = $5 AR)

There were some other ones I can't remember, but those were the better ones/best deals from what I can remember for the DS section.

Also, all our PS2 games are B1G1 free after a mail-in rebate. That's definitely worth mentioning.

[quote name='Jodou']Too bad you have to send in the UPC's else I'd flip these to Amazon.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
I really hate rebates that involve sending upc's, they make it really tough on us just so we forget.

One question: does anybody familiar with FYE rebates know if they will pay the full rebate on items where you paid less than the rebate amount for the game? I know some companies will adjust down or not honor better-than-FAR rebates; I just want to know if FYE is one of them before I jump on this (if it adjusts the rebate down to FAR that's fine, but I don't want to get stuck w/o any rebate at all)...

Lol, why does the FYE page list GTA IV twice for the 360 and have Assassin's Creed for $60 when the 360 version is $30? Biased much? I'd actually like to take advantage of these deals to convert my library over since I didn't have a PS3 when those two released. Ever since my first 360 died, I refuse to buy anything multi-platform for crash-box 360.

Last night i went to Fry's it was looong drive didnt find any info on rebates
i even asked people work there

shit i didnt know i actually have to purchase the game to see the rebate d:
thanks a lot
i'll try agian with my wife

[quote name='Kstyle']Last night i went to Fry's it was looong drive didnt find any info on rebates
i even asked people work there

shit i didnt know i actually have to purchase the game to see the rebate d:
thanks a lot
i'll try agian with my wife[/QUOTE]

I think you may have gone to the wrong store there champ. This deal is at FYE (that's F-Y-E) not Fry's.

[quote name='spauldingfan']How long does it usually take to receive the rebate, for those of you who might have already done it?[/QUOTE]

I've bought 2 items in the past with rebates from FYE, and for both of them the rebate arrived in about 5 weeks. Some people have reported FYE screwing up and losing their rebate form, but in 2 separate transactions, I've had good luck with them. Also, both times I only sent in the UPC sticker from the outside packaging.

[quote name='Kstyle']Fry's in Austin TX
does not have ANY mail in rebates on PS3 , XBOX, WII games

wasted 30 min driving D:[/QUOTE]

:lol: I'm sorry. Also, you'll be surprised how many people make the same mistake you did.

Just checked my F.Y.E. to see what they had available. They had Halo 3 LE in stock (four or five of them). They had a couple copies of Force Unleashed for 360, priced at $30 instead of $20. They also had one copy of Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 for PS3, priced at $30 instead of $20.

They also had Spiderwick Chronicles for 360, priced at $30 with a $25 mail-in-rebate (they were advertising the rebates on this title and some of the other less popular titles in this promotion).

I picked up a copy of Halo 3 LE to replace the regular copy I traded to Amazon during the 50% off coupon / Modern Warfare 2 deal. I did the backstage pass to get 10% off the order and was also able to get the $5 coupon applied (apparently, you aren't supposed to be able to use this on same purchase you sign up for the Backstage Pass with). Anyway, my total came out to $31.50 after the discounts, so I'll net $18.50 after the $30 rebate and $20 gift card... not bad.

A word of warning to anyone picking up Halo 3 LE, though. I opened mine up and it was scratched to hell due to the defective packaging (this was a big problem when the game first came out). Seeing as how these have likely been getting moved around for a year or more, I'd expect that MOST of them are going to be scratched up. Microsoft was replacing the discs for free, but that now costs $20. Returning it for another LE will likely yield another scratched up copy, so plan on resurfacing the disc if you get this. I'm going to see if my F.Y.E. will just resurface it for me (assuming they have the equipment, since they sell used games). This sours the deal a little, but they're still essentially paying me nearly $20 to take a LE game off their hands, so I can't really complain too much :D

Does anyone else's FYE gut their games? I don't get it why would someone buy a "new" gutted game when they could buy a used copy there for a lower price.

Checked out my local FYE and they had both SW:TFU and WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 for 360. Brought the cases up to the counter, asked about the 30-day free trial and had them sign me up. Then I prompted about the $5 coupon in the booklet and she started to go on about how it's for a future purchase. I began to ask if I could purchase something else first and then apply the coupon and she snapped back that 'no, it was only for my next visit, I could not use it now'. She also lied to my face that the backstage pass required 24 hours to activate before they could use the coupon (the coupon does not stipulate this and I know for a fact all she needed to do was type in BVP into the register). Fine cunt, I'll be back tomorrow to return the games and then it'll be a 'future' purchase lol.

Then they tried to charge me $30 for WWE and I requested to see the case they had for the floor. Of course it was marked with a big red border $19.99, so without even showing me the case she just made the price adjust. I felt bad for the girl (who was pretty cute) ringing me up, because her manager was just being an ass. In fact, she did an awesome job explaining how I should send in the rebates by affixing the yellow FYE stickers to the top of my receipt.

At any rate, I did manage to get both games for $18 after the 10% discount and I'll be getting $60 in Visa gift cards + $20 in FYE credit + $21.50 in Amazon credit for the two games I'm now flipping to them. Thanks FYE and may you go bankrupt in peace. Good riddance to poor customer service.

you could always use these as of tomorrow... slightly better deal than the 5 off 35...

bspcoupon09212009.jpg

would definately hate to see fye go under... they are way too easy to abuse for some killer deals...

I mean blockbuster, kmart and sears look like they've only got a couple more years to go... hate to have to deal almost completely with bestbuy, target and walmart ( you know the place where games go to die... one of my local ones has like 10 copies of nfl 2k2 for 30 bucks among piles of other opverpriced 5-7 year old games)

[quote name='Afflicted']you could always use these as of tomorrow... slightly better deal than the 5 off 35...

would definately hate to see fye go under... they are way too easy to abuse for some killer deals...[/QUOTE]
Appreciate it but how is $3>5? I'm spending over $35, so the coupon is valid for me. Maybe less hassle using the $3 one for newcomers, but the hassle ends with me once I mention speaking with DM's. ;)

Sam Goody already went under and so did Suncoast video a few years back, so it's really only a matter of time for the parent company FYE. This is the only deal I've ever heard of from them and I'd never consider becoming a regular after that kind of treatment. In fact, if they went bankrupt I wouldn't even notice.

[quote name='Jodou']Appreciate it but how is $3>5? I'm spending over $35, so the coupon is valid for me. Maybe less hassle using the $3 one for newcomers, but the hassle ends with me once I mention speaking with DM's. ;)

Sam Goody already went under and so did Suncoast video a few years back, so it's really only a matter of time for the parent company FYE. This is the only deal I've ever heard of from them and I'd never consider becoming a regular after that kind of treatment. In fact, if they went bankrupt I wouldn't even notice.[/QUOTE]

well if it takes 2 games to get over $35. can use 1 coupon per on different purchases... sure just a 1 dollar savings... but I pass by one every day coming home from work... as for the abuse.... well they have these nice 40% off used coupons... so in the last 2-3 months I've bought Blu-rays that would have cost me ~$240 from amazon with credit that cost me ~$46.00 out of pocket and still have nearly half of my credit left... not to mention they are very picky with used... so it's just like buying new stuff...

bread's done
Back