FYE: XBOX 360 & PS3 Games - Cheap, Free or Make Money AR

Kayotick

CAGiversary!
I was able to get WWE Smackdown 2009 featuring ECW, Saints Row 2 and Lost Planet with this offer. I ended up charging about $50 to my credit card for all 3 of them and I just have to mail in a separate rebate slip for all. They actually paid me to get one of the games. There was a $30 rebate on Smackdown and they sold it to me for $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stranger and stranger...

It does appear that there are multiple rebates at rebateshq now. There's a new one 1509378 that still lists Smackdown vs RAW at $30, but no longer lists Star Wars: Force Unleashed. This rebate is only good from 09-24-2009 through 10-06-2009. The old rebate 15004500 is still there and lists both, and says that it's good from 09-09-2009 through 10-06-2009.

I picked up Smackdown when I was taking Force Unleashed back and got a $10 rebate printed out that started on 09-24-2009. So whatever's going on started then. I don't mind them pulling a rebate, but you'd think that they'd have to give some sort of notice somewhere? Anyway, since I've actually got two reciepts for Smackdown I think that I'm just going to sent that one in on the old rebate and see what happens. If I don't hear back about it (or if they deny it) within 30 days I can always return it.

At FYE today they told me that I could either cut out the UPC on the back of the insert or use the price tag sticker on the case, but told me the first option was safer. Is this true? What do I really use? I don't mind cutting out the back, but I'm just wondering what I should send.

I would just send the price sticker make a copy of it. I have been doing rebates at fye for a few years and also just send a copy of the price sticker

[quote name='1NintendoFan']My store was out of the lips bundle, so I'm not sure if they have a rebate. Based on the signs they had up, I don't think they have anything on it right now.

I've had a few rebates come back that I used a coupon on. One, in particular I used the 10% off for the Backstage Pass, a $5 coupon from the book and then some store credit from the game I traded in. I got the rebate back, with the full amount I was due. So, as long as you have all the stuff you need to send in, I don't see there being a problem. I used coupons on at least two of the rebates I've got back so far and the 10% on all of them. The only rebate I've not got back yet with a discount was sent in at the beginning of the month, so is due any time now.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear :) There's a few more games w/ rebates I may want to get, so all the better if I can use the $3 coupons (I already used the $5 coupon in the kit). Geesh, at this rate I won't keep the VIP membership (most if not all the discounts I could get through them besides the FYE I could get for free via other means) but I may come out ahead forking over $25 for a year of the regular Backstage Pass...

I just received emails that FYE approved all of my rebates and they are being processed as we speak. I sent some in with the price stickers, some in with UPC codes, and some in where I made money (like Star Wars), and I guess there were no issues, so that's badass!

[quote name='mightymek']I just received emails that FYE approved all of my rebates and they are being processed as we speak. I sent some in with the price stickers, some in with UPC codes, and some in where I made money (like Star Wars), and I guess there were no issues, so that's badass![/QUOTE]
Nice, I've got a few weeks before mine go through but good to hear there was no complications!

Still pissed that my local FYE stopped selling games. They still let u trade them in (that's how I got my iTouch), but all these deals have me longing for the days when theys sold games too.

The FYE's at malls tend to have better finds that the independant stores at least from my experience in NY/NJ. The FYE on Route 4 NJ has nothing labeled with mail in rebates, as well as poorly updated pricing on their next gen console games. C'mon MUA for 360 shouldn't still be priced at $49.99.

You can however get Spiderwick for 360 for $4.98 there. (1 copy left)

Crud, I forgot to ask anybody at the store when I was there today (got Smackdown vs Raw 09 for the Wii and Halo 3) but does anybody know if there is an FYE location in the San Diego area that sells games besides the Sam Goody in Horton Plaza? Thanks in advance :)

Does anyone know how much Xbox 360 Halo 3 Console is now, and any rebates?#-o If it is around 200-230 bucks, I think it is a reasonable price, so I'll bit it.
thanks in advance...;)

[quote name='Blackout']I picked up :360: Smackdown 09. It was marked $20 but rang up $30. The rebate slip only says it's for 10 bucks, but on the rebate website the UPC comes up for $30 rebate. Which one would I be getting? Should I do the online form or print the one from the site and send that in?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what happened to me. I don't see wher to check the rebate UPC though. Where'd you find that?

Edit: NM, found it. Sent in a rebate for $15 from the site that matched the product. Since it rang up $19.99 I guess it's disqualified from the $20 rebate since it said $20 of product.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy at FYE refused to give me a price sticker for Saints Row 2, wtf?

Going back tomorrow to hopefully talk to someone who isn't a toolbag.

That's some serious bull. The cashier at my FYE put the sticker ON my dup Saints Row 2 for 360 receipt and helped me fill in the rebate right at the counter.

Tell that douchebag to suck rosie o donnell

When you guys sent in for the rebate did you use the form on the rebate website?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Finally got my $20 gift card after about 8-9 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Ugh...that sucks. So much for getting my Uncharted 2 w/ extra 10% discount before I have to cancel, which is tonight...

[quote name='Blackout']When you guys sent in for the rebate did you use the form on the rebate website?[/QUOTE]

I used the form that printed out with my receipt when I bought the games.

I think I've read somewhere back on this thread or possibly another that Sam Goody is related to FYE and they also have these kinds of rebates. Yes? No? Also if yes, am I seriously directional challenged if I can find 3 Sam Goody locations on Google but cannot find them in real life?

[quote name='LordSMVS']I think I've read somewhere back on this thread or possibly another that Sam Goody is related to FYE and they also have these kinds of rebates. Yes? No? Also if yes, am I seriously directional challenged if I can find 3 Sam Goody locations on Google but cannot find them in real life?[/QUOTE]
I've found that google often reports FORMER locations of B&Ms. Type in Circuit City to see what I mean.

[quote name='LordSMVS']I think I've read somewhere back on this thread or possibly another that Sam Goody is related to FYE and they also have these kinds of rebates. Yes? No? Also if yes, am I seriously directional challenged if I can find 3 Sam Goody locations on Google but cannot find them in real life?[/QUOTE]

Dont know about where you live but in my state and 2 other states closer to here all sam goodys closed between 1 and 2 years ago. i thought they all closed for good:cry:

For some reason, my last rebate from FYE took much, much longer than my previous few. They received my rebate on September 3 and I didn't get it back until October 13, the others were taking under a month, so they must have had a problem or had an excess of rebates.

I played the games and didn't like any of them and the rebate came the day I was out by Gamestop so I didn't get to trade them in, I'm hoping to do the Trade 4 get an extra $20, but Gamestop is about 30 minutes away and it would have been nice to be able to take them when I was there.

Anyway, I'm happy I got my $90 back because I didn't want to risk losing it since I still don't seem to trust that I will get them all the time.

On another note, I was at Gamestop the other day as well and I didn't see any new rebates, I actually checked two and they all had pretty much the same stuff. There were a few titles, can't remember the name of them, but nothing really that great and no new free ones at my stores.

I can verify this as TRUE; the place I went to for the games I got is actually a Sam Goody (San Diego/Horton Plaza). Not many Sam Goody-branded stores exist, but they are essentially one and the same.

Could anybody tell me what is the offer number for P08 0820 video games rebates? It is like TWEC XX-XXXXX. The rebate period is from 08/20/2009-09/08/2009.

As for FYE rebates, they are pretty reliable. Just a little bit slow though. Nothing can beat free ps3, xbox360 or wii games.

[quote name='Blackout']When you guys sent in for the rebate did you use the form on the rebate website?[/QUOTE]

I've sent all of mine from the register receipt in the past, but tried out registering online for one last month when I got a $10 rebate for Saint's Row 2 at the register, but there was still a $30 rebate
active online. So far it seems to be going through; I got the an e-mail saying that the rebate was
valid and processing. Haven't actually gotten the rebate back yet though.

Finally got my $20 gift card too. It does not seem to have any connection with my (now canceled) rewards account. I'm hoping it goes well.

[quote name='sukru']Finally got my $20 gift card too. It does not seem to have any connection with my (now canceled) rewards account. I'm hoping it goes well.[/QUOTE]

the gift card should be a visa prepaid card... so can use it anywhere... should even be able to get the cash off it at most banks.

[quote name='chior']Could anybody tell me what is the offer number for P08 0820 video games rebates? It is like TWEC XX-XXXXX. The rebate period is from 08/20/2009-09/08/2009.
[/QUOTE]
Nobody can help me? The TWEC offer number is on the FYE register rebate slip! I will really appreciate it.

[quote name='Afflicted']the gift card should be a visa prepaid card... so can use it anywhere... should even be able to get the cash off it at most banks.[/QUOTE]

I think he means the FYE $20 GC, not the rebate Visa Debit Card.

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']is this rebate deal still going on? 10/17/09 Would i be able to walk in today and pick up some games for free after rebate?[/QUOTE]

None of the above mentioned games on this thread were found or were even close to free with rebate when I checked out the lone FYE in my area 2-3 weeks ago. It may be YMMV.

well a lot of these rebates have been running for well over a month... actually several months... I know when I've seen saint's row 2 for at least 2 months even tho my local fye doesn't have any...

basically fye seems to change their sales on either monday or tuesday...

if there's anything running as of Tuesday 10/20 this should come in handy for people....
bspcoupon10192009.jpg

I used this last month on Lost Planet PS3... got it for just a fraction over 16 bucks with tax... and $20 rebate...

also if anyone is at all interested in used dvds/blurays... check out this link...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216298

currently a 40% off used cds,dvds, and blurays... and I can tell you that they are very picky on used items... so usually things are in new/almost new condition....

I still haven't rec'd my gift card yet, been almost 2 months. I called last night and they said it was sent to me on October 28th. They said they would send me a new one since I didn't receive this one. Did anyone else have a problem like this?

I got my pre-paid Visa a couple days ago and it took almost two months total to process. Lol @ the bitch who rang me up and nastily told me that I'd probably only get $40 back, since that's all I paid for my games. After flipping the two games to Amazon for $25, getting a $20 GC from the VIP trial, and receiving $60 back from the rebates -- I made $65 off FYE. Are there any active MiRs still going on to spend the $20 GC on for a flip & rebate?

I received all my Visa rebate cards last week, I still haven't received the $20 VIP gift card. That's what they said was lost. But as for the Visa rebate cards, I spent $130ish, and rec'd $140 back in rebates, so they honored all my rebates no matter how much I spent.

[quote name='Jodou']I got my pre-paid Visa a couple days ago and it took almost two months total to process. Lol @ the bitch who rang me up and nastily told me that I'd probably only get $40 back, since that's all I paid for my games. After flipping the two games to Amazon for $25, getting a $20 GC from the VIP trial, and receiving $60 back from the rebates -- I made $65 off FYE. Are there any active MiRs still going on to spend the $20 GC on for a flip & rebate?[/QUOTE]

I just checked the other day at my local FYE (which had several of the free or better after rebate deals) and all of the rebate deals are ended and haven't been replaced by new ones.

I got an $85 prepaid Visa and a separate check for $17.99, still waiting for $45 in Visas (the rebates were approved, just waiting for "final processing"... yeah, sure...) and the $20 GC...

I had no problems getting my rebates (though still waiting on the $20 Backstage VIP card). Just wondering if FYE have had any other decent rebates since the "golden" P08/P09 rebates we're discussing here?

I finally got my $20 VIP card last week. My wife, who signed up 3 weeks after me, hasn't received hers yet. She called and they told her they ran out of gift cards, and had them on backorder...ETA mid-late December, if that helps anyone.

Got the other $45 in Visa cards, now just waiting on the GC... good to hear they're on track to come eventually :) I'll probably head in this week to see if they have new rebates; I was going to go on BF but I spent too much time at other places and had to get to work.

just bought

xbox 360 Jumper 19.99 - 15 rebate
xbox 360 spiderwick chronicles 29.99 - 25 rebate

-5, 10% vip discount
-5, 5 off 35 coupon

= just tax

any opinions on the games?
wheres the best place for me to trade them in for most money?

TIA

[quote name='nixmahn']just bought

xbox 360 Jumper 19.99 - 15 rebate
xbox 360 spiderwick chronicles 29.99 - 25 rebate

-5, 10% vip discount
-5, 5 off 35 coupon

= just tax

any opinions on the games?
wheres the best place for me to trade them in for most money?

TIA[/QUOTE]

Those games are generally considered pretty bad. They have little to no resale value. Best to keep them sealed and sell on ebay.

I just got my wife's VIP $20 gift card, so I made my way to FYE (well, 3 of them...one was closing, one was getting rid of their games section, and one actually had decent games). I picked up COD: MW2. It was $59.99. I used my two $20 gift cards from the VIP club, plus the $5 off coupon that came with the VIP club, plus the guy convinced me to sign up for another one month free trial (unfortunately, you can only get the $20 GC now with 2 months of membership) and saved 10% more. So I walked out the door with MW2 for $12!! Thanks FYE!!

[quote name='mightymek']I just got my wife's VIP $20 gift card, so I made my way to FYE (well, 3 of them...one was closing, one was getting rid of their games section, and one actually had decent games). I picked up COD: MW2. It was $59.99. I used my two $20 gift cards from the VIP club, plus the $5 off coupon that came with the VIP club, plus the guy convinced me to sign up for another one month free trial (unfortunately, you can only get the $20 GC now with 2 months of membership) and saved 10% more. So I walked out the door with MW2 for $12!! Thanks FYE!![/QUOTE]

There is a multi-use 3 off 12.99 certificate/coupon when you go to the back stage vip web site for FYE.

bread's done
Back