FYE: XBOX 360 & PS3 Games - Cheap, Free or Make Money AR

Kayotick

CAGiversary!
I was able to get WWE Smackdown 2009 featuring ECW, Saints Row 2 and Lost Planet with this offer. I ended up charging about $50 to my credit card for all 3 of them and I just have to mail in a separate rebate slip for all. They actually paid me to get one of the games. There was a $30 rebate on Smackdown and they sold it to me for $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Afflicted']well if it takes 2 games to get over $35. can use 1 coupon per on different purchases... sure just a 1 dollar savings... but I pass by one every day coming home from work... as for the abuse.... well they have these nice 40% off used coupons... so in the last 2-3 months I've bought Blu-rays that would have cost me ~$240 from amazon with credit that cost me ~$46.00 out of pocket and still have nearly half of my credit left... not to mention they are very picky with used... so it's just like buying new stuff...[/QUOTE]
Good point, but postage is $0.44 and the rebates must be mailed separately, so I'll stick to the trusty $5 coupon for convenience. Plus the coupon is once per visit and I think the witch wouldn't qualify me walking in and out of the store lol.

[quote name='mightymek']I just picked up Saints Row 2 and Lost Planet, both for PS3, both free after rebates![/QUOTE]

Me too!
I got mine at the Tyson's Corner mall in VA. Seemed like there were some left...I couldn't tell how many since the guy grabbed the copies from the boxes behind the shelves.

[quote name='The SPism']got my $30 rebate for halo 3 lmt ed today! woo[/QUOTE]

How long did it take?

And seeing that you are from New Jersey, which store did you go to?

[quote name='Jesse757x']Does anyone else's FYE gut their games? I don't get it why would someone buy a "new" gutted game when they could buy a used copy there for a lower price.[/QUOTE]

My store does, but only on one copy, not all of them like a lot of Gamestop's do. I've bought 6 or so games there and two were the last copies, so they were gutted, but all of them were in perfect shape and it was pretty easy to tell they hadn't been used (again, like some at Gamestop can be.

Unless it is a really good deal, I wouldn't buy a gutted copy, so since the two games I bought were free, I figured it was no big deal to take the gutted copy, especially since I was pretty sure I wouldn't keep them anyway.

[quote name='BDS']Anyone happen to notice what if any Wii games had rebates?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Glanced at the Wii games the other day... well the yellow rebate signs on the section... there are some but none that even remotely interested me and none that I think would have been free... at least in my 10 second glace from about 15 feet away...

[quote name='cod4rulez4']Me too!
I got mine at the Tyson's Corner mall in VA. Seemed like there were some left...I couldn't tell how many since the guy grabbed the copies from the boxes behind the shelves.[/QUOTE]

I got mine in Boca Raton, FL. I went last week and the lady at FYE (two ladies actually) said Saints Row 2 didn't have a rebate, it was just $29.99. After seeing more posts here, and doing some more online research, I found out that it was included in the rebate program, so I went back today and picked it up, along with Lost Planet. I also read that Socom Confrontation had a $30 rebate, making it free, but when I bought it, it only had a $10 rebate, so I immediately returned it. I read bad reviews on it and didn't think it was worth $20 after rebate.

All in all, I ended up getting Halo 3 LE, Madden 09, Saints Row 2, and Lost Planet, all free after rebate, except Halo 3 will be $5.99 plus tax in the end! This rebate program really worked out for me!

i checked out that rebatehq site, and it lists upc's for "$50 Products" & then lists the rebate amount "$50.00 prepaid debit card"

http://www.rebateshq.com/promocenter/rebateshq/promo_detail.html?productId=4980992&bundleId=1504501

for example the first two upc's on there are for G-Force (wii and xbox360).

am i to assume that if i buy it online that the rebate will show up for that?
in theory...

...cause if thats true i can go through the list, and buy the ps2 version and psp version for 29.99 each, and get that $50 back, then just sell the game somewhere.

[quote name='polishpride212']How long did it take?

And seeing that you are from New Jersey, which store did you go to?[/QUOTE]

it took about a month maybe a few days over... seemed pretty smooth it was my first rebate ive done w them

picked it up at the woodbridge location

Some of the rebate amounts on rebateshq.com are wrong. It said there was a $30 rebate for Socom Confrontation, so I picked it up yesterday and the rebate that printed at the register was for only $10. I didn't want to take any chances, so I immediately returned it. Just to caution everyone...

[quote name='williams90']The FYE in Columbus, OH had the same deals listed above. They were out of stock on Saints Row 2 and Lost Planet but there were many other rebates posted for both PS3 and XBox360.

I picked up WWE Smackdown 2009 for $20 with $30 rebate and Devil May Cry 4 for $20 with $10 rebate, both for PS3.

They also were offering a $20 gift card for signing up for their Backstage Pass (free for 1 month). This also took a discount off the games so I ended up paying $38 with tax and getting $40 rebate and $20 gift card. The Backstage Pass also came with coupons to use on future visit (like $5 off $35 purchase). Don't forget though that you have to cancel Backstage Pass in 30 days or they start charging monthly fee.

Thanks OP for a sweet deal...[/QUOTE]

Which FYE did you go to? I went to the one in the Eastland mall and I didn't even see any video games.

[quote name='gamcreator']Saints Row 2 and Lost Planet that everyone is picking up... is the rebate for PS3 only?[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if it's only PS3 or not. You can click the link someone posted on page 4 and it will bring up the rebate site, type in the rebate # (also listed on page 4), and do a search for the sku # of the item you want to see if it's included. Keep in mind as I posted earlier, some of them are wrong. The rebate amounts aren't what's listed when you actually go to buy it.

Anyway, I just picked up Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for 360 today. Rang up $19.99, used a 10% discount card, and got a $30 rebate for it!! So with this deal, I got two Xbox 360 games and three PS3 games, and in the end, will come out with a $4 profit, not including the $20 gift card for signing up for the program.

[quote name='BDS']Anyone happen to notice what if any Wii games had rebates?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I've been watching for some Wii rebates, but not found anything too good yet. They had things like Spiderwick Chronicle s($5 after rebate)they also had Guitar Hero Aermosmith Bundle and a couple others. However, I've not found any free games for Wii, with just games ranging from $5 to $15 after rebate.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']My store does, but only on one copy, not all of them like a lot of Gamestop's do.[/QUOTE]

I've never been to a GS (there are about a dozen within 10 miles of me) that guts all of their games. They just do a display copy.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I've never been to a GS (there are about a dozen within 10 miles of me) that guts all of their games. They just do a display copy.[/QUOTE]

I've been to five Gamestop's, 3 in Florida and 2 in Ohio, of those five four of them gutted all their games. The two in Ohio never had a sealed copy, even on newer games, the two in Florida had a handful of games that were sealed, but more than likely you would end up with a gutted copy if you bought a game.

I've heard the same thing from other people on message boards (here and other game sites as well) I'm sure there are a lot that just do the display copy, but at least in my experience, I've been more likely to find ones that do all the games than just the display. I've had much better luck with EB Games than Gamestop (though I've only been to two, or three)

[quote name='1NintendoFan']I've been watching for some Wii rebates, but not found anything too good yet. They had things like Spiderwick Chronicle s($5 after rebate)they also had Guitar Hero Aermosmith Bundle and a couple others. However, I've not found any free games for Wii, with just games ranging from $5 to $15 after rebate.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, yeah I'm not interested in either of those games. If its a relatively new game that I can pick up for $10-15 I don't mind paying. I haven't had an opportunity to head over there yet. I'll likely stop by at some point later in the week and post if I found anything interesting. Its a shame none of the Wii games are free damn lucky 360 and PS3 owners. :booty:

[quote name='Vinceisrich']About the Rock Band rebate - is it just the game, or is it bundled with a guitar or (even better) the whole kit?[/QUOTE]

The Rockband rebate for my store is on the game only. I know my store has Guitar Hero Aerosmith on rebate (not free though) and another Guitar Hero (also not free and I'm not certain on which version) but both are for Wii.

My store doesn't have any Guitar Hero or Rockband kits in stock right now for PS3 or 360, so I can't confirm if they have any rebate at all.

I can confirm getting a rebate for Smackdown vs RAW '09 from my Fye. It had a $49.99 sticker and when I asked the employee how much they told me 49.99... So I got a different one to scan it at the register and check, it was indeed $30. And I signed up for the BSP and got 10% off my purchase.

So I ended up getting smackdown for 28.88 after tax and got $30 rebate with 20$ giftcard to be on its way to me. It sucked that my Fye had no Halo3 LE or Starwars for 360 (I stayed away from the ps3 games -bad amazon trade in rates). Oh yeah and I'm already flipping it to amazon tomorrow lol.

I'm fairly new here, at least in terms of postings, I always have lurked around and I'm very grateful for the great peeps that post awesome deals! Gotta love CAG community!

[quote name='sciafb']I can confirm getting a rebate for Smackdown vs RAW '09 from my Fye. It had a $49.99 sticker and when I asked the employee how much they told me 49.99... So I got a different one to scan it at the register and check, it was indeed $30. And I signed up for the BSP and got 10% off my purchase.

So I ended up getting smackdown for 28.88 after tax and got $30 rebate with 20$ giftcard to be on its way to me. It sucked that my Fye had no Halo3 LE or Starwars for 360 (I stayed away from the ps3 games -bad amazon trade in rates). Oh yeah and I'm already flipping it to amazon tomorrow lol.

I'm fairly new here, at least in terms of postings, I always have lurked around and I'm very grateful for the great peeps that post awesome deals! Gotta love CAG community![/QUOTE]

There were no Halo 3 LEs on the shelves at the FYE near me, but I decided to ask if they had any. That did the trick and I got my copy with $30 rebate. I don't think it would hurt to ask if they have any in stock, so you might want to try that next time. Good luck.

[quote name='sciafb']It sucked that my Fye had no Halo3 LE or Starwars for 360 (I stayed away from the ps3 games -bad amazon trade in rates). Oh yeah and I'm already flipping it to amazon tomorrow lol.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with the other poster, check with your store to see if they have any in the back. If they don't have any out there is a chance they still have some in the back.

Also, I'm not sure if you have received the rebates on the games that you have flipped on Amazon? If not, you may want to wait before you actually sell it. Most people have had pretty good luck with the rebates, but there is always a chance that something may happen and if you have traded the game in, then you can't take it back to the store to get your money back, so you would be paying the $28.99. Personally, I don't even open the games until I get my rebates (unless it is a game, for a decent price, that I know I want) so there is no issue if I have to take it back because the rebate was declined. The value of the trade is likely to go down because of waiting, but it is better to get a little less for the trade than to have to pay full the game and only get back what the trade gave you... I wasn't quite sure if you got the rebate back or not, but I just thought I would comment in case you haven't.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']I agree with the other poster, check with your store to see if they have any in the back. If they don't have any out there is a chance they still have some in the back.

Also, I'm not sure if you have received the rebates on the games that you have flipped on Amazon? If not, you may want to wait before you actually sell it. Most people have had pretty good luck with the rebates, but there is always a chance that something may happen and if you have traded the game in, then you can't take it back to the store to get your money back, so you would be paying the $28.99. Personally, I don't even open the games until I get my rebates (unless it is a game, for a decent price, that I know I want) so there is no issue if I have to take it back because the rebate was declined. The value of the trade is likely to go down because of waiting, but it is better to get a little less for the trade than to have to pay full the game and only get back what the trade gave you... I wasn't quite sure if you got the rebate back or not, but I just thought I would comment in case you haven't.[/QUOTE]

how do you send in the rebate if you don't open the game?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']how do you send in the rebate if you don't open the game?[/QUOTE]
Send in the pricing sticker on the outer package; usually is highlighted with yellow.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']how do you send in the rebate if you don't open the game?[/QUOTE]

You don't need to open the game.
You remove the price sticker on the front and mail it with the form and the receipt. That's it.

Yep, as the others mentioned, I just mail the F.Y.E. tag. The ones here have a yellow top, white bottom, with the price and a barcode. I've never mailed in the actual UPC from the box (including one that was stuck to the case, I tried using a x-acto knife to get it off, so the edges were all messed up and when I couldn't get it off, I had to use Goo-Gone. I was almost certain they wouldn't accept it, but they did), which is nice since I don't want to cut my games up.

I don't like to cut my UPC labels off either. My Madden 09 and Saints Row 2 didn't have price stickers on them, and like a dumbass, I didn't think to ask them to print me new labels, so I cut those. But the rest I used the price stickers. The games are free though, so I don't mind so much...

I picked up Halo 3 and Halo 3 Limited Edition today from FYEs. Might return and rebuy Halo 3 though to take advantage of the $5 coupon that came with the backstage pass. $55 back is nice! Thanks for the free money, FYE.

FYE is georgtown brooklyn, didn't have anything good.

for ps3
Saint's row 2 for 20$ after rebate, fracture for 10$ after rebate.

They had aerosmith guitar bundle for 20$

thanks anyway

Has anyone sent in a rebate using the rebateshq.com online form? The one at:

http://rebateshq.com/promocenter/rebateshq/promo_detail.html?productId=4980988&bundleId=1504500

I just picked up Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, but no rebate form printed out at the register. There was quite a line, so I didn't make a big deal about it (especially since there wasn't any signage about it having a rebate). The UPC code does show up on the online form, although it's strange just how little information about the rebate there is there... =(

I wonder if the rebate didn't print out due to the game being 19.99? My reciept has a `P09 GAMES INLINE PRICING' right after the $10 discount from the $29.99 marked price. Anyone else who got Force Unleashed have something similar on theirs?

[quote name='CaptPete']Has anyone sent in a rebate using the rebateshq.com online form? The one at:

http://rebateshq.com/promocenter/rebateshq/promo_detail.html?productId=4980988&bundleId=1504500

I just picked up Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, but no rebate form printed out at the register. There was quite a line, so I didn't make a big deal about it (especially since there wasn't any signage about it having a rebate). The UPC code does show up on the online form, although it's strange just how little information about the rebate there is there... =(

I wonder if the rebate didn't print out due to the game being 19.99? My reciept has a `P09 GAMES INLINE PRICING' right after the $10 discount from the $29.99 marked price. Anyone else who got Force Unleashed have something similar on theirs?[/QUOTE]

I've not submitted anything online yet because the site doesn't seem to be too reliable. I've just mailed the form in every time.

You may want to double check that it is still on rebate because the only time I've had a game not print out the form was when it was taken off the rebate. I would either check with the store, or hopefully someone on here has bought the game recently enough that you could make sure the rebate period hasn't ended.

[quote name='CaptPete']Has anyone sent in a rebate using the rebateshq.com online form? The one at:

I wonder if the rebate didn't print out due to the game being 19.99? My reciept has a `P09 GAMES INLINE PRICING' right after the $10 discount from the $29.99 marked price. Anyone else who got Force Unleashed have something similar on theirs?[/QUOTE]

I picked up The Force Unleashed this past Tuesday. Mine also rang up at $19.99, and the receipt does say P09 Games Inline Pricing. But my rebate form also printed out, so I don't know why yours would not have. Maybe check with the store? If the site lists it there, and you don't have the receipt form to fill out, I guess it would be no harm filling out the online form, right? I would do that or go back to the store and see what they say. Good Luck!

[quote name='atrsixaild']FYE is georgtown brooklyn, didn't have anything good.

for ps3
Saint's row 2 for 20$ after rebate, fracture for 10$ after rebate.

They had aerosmith guitar bundle for 20$

thanks anyway[/QUOTE]

Did you ask them to scan the games to see what they rang up as? I picked up Saints Row 2 and it rang up at $29.99, then I got a $30 rebate. The price sticker said $59.99 though.

I got Madden 09 FAR earlier today. I originally went looking for Halo 3 LE, but no luck (one of the two FYEs I went to doesn't even carry games unfortunately; presumably due to there being a Gamestop in the same plaza). I'm still tempted to try the third one in the area tomorrow.

The one where I got Madden (Auburn, MA) had tabs in the 360 display marking certain other games down for rebates... $30 for COD 4 and $15 for Halo Wars being two I remembered. No actual copies of COD 4 were there, sadly. It also listed the start of my rebate offer as the 24th instead of the 9th on the rebate slip, so i'm wondering if new games were just added.

[quote name='hcreight']I got Madden 09 FAR earlier today. I originally went looking for Halo 3 LE, but no luck (one of the two FYEs I went to doesn't even carry games unfortunately; presumably due to there being a Gamestop in the same plaza). I'm still tempted to try the third one in the area tomorrow.

The one where I got Madden (Auburn, MA) had tabs in the 360 display marking certain other games down for rebates... $30 for COD 4 and $15 for Halo Wars being two I remembered. No actual copies of COD 4 were there, sadly. It also listed the start of my rebate offer as the 24th instead of the 9th on the rebate slip, so i'm wondering if new games were just added.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed on all my rebates that they have a short time frame, I think 3 weeks or so. I was excited after my first rebates to go back during the new period to see if anything new was added, but it seemed basically all the games (and other things for that matter) were the same. It wasn't until the third rebate period that I started noticing a few new ones, but for the most part they have all been the same, with a few being added and some taken away on occasion.

Be Weary of the RebatesHQ site. I know back when the site was just "Fyerebates.com" they used to have $30 MIR's on $12 cd's. Even though they say specific amounts right now, they would change the amount of the actual rebate upon receiving the receipt and seeing how much you paid for it. If you look around, the same games (Halo LE being a good example) show up under $5, $10, $15, $20, $25, $30, etc. rebates

[quote name='JokerCard']Anyone know if there may be a rebate with the lips bundle?[/QUOTE]

I've not seen one, but they may have something, I'm pretty sure it isn't free though. I might stop by F.Y.E. if I have some time today and will let you know if I see Lips with a rebate!

I also picked up Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for the 360 today along with 3 other games that did have rebates, but SW: TFU didn't show up on the rebate form. Anyone else buy this game in the last day or so with the same problem? I'll probably just return it instead of taking a chance with the online rebate form.

[quote name='donte72']I also picked up Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for the 360 today along with 3 other games that did have rebates, but SW: TFU didn't show up on the rebate form. Anyone else buy this game in the last day or so with the same problem? I'll probably just return it instead of taking a chance with the online rebate form.[/QUOTE]

If the game is worth risking $20 ($30?) for you, then you can try the online form. If not, returning is a better idea.

I picked up :360: Smackdown 09. It was marked $20 but rang up $30. The rebate slip only says it's for 10 bucks, but on the rebate website the UPC comes up for $30 rebate. Which one would I be getting? Should I do the online form or print the one from the site and send that in?

Last edited:
Interesting; one of the benefits of the Backstage Pass VIP card is coupons for $3 off of any regularly-priced CD, DVD, or game $12.99 or higher. Only thing is that the offer page says "cannot be combined with any other sales or promotions"; I guess that means the rebates would be denied, but has anybody used FYE coupons on games that have rebates and still had the rebates go through? Just thought I would ask :)

I picked it up yesterday rang up for 19.99 and no rebate printed out . I had a friend who worked their and he called up a manager and said rebate was listed on the game and nothing printed out.so the manager told him to return the game and then give it to me for free since the rebate was advertised on it.

[quote name='bjork73']Interesting; one of the benefits of the Backstage Pass VIP card is coupons for $3 off of any regularly-priced CD, DVD, or game $12.99 or higher. Only thing is that the offer page says "cannot be combined with any other sales or promotions"; I guess that means the rebates would be denied, but has anybody used FYE coupons on games that have rebates and still had the rebates go through? Just thought I would ask :)[/QUOTE]

I didn't use the coupon, but I did use the discount card so I still ended up making money on the rebates, but they did still print. I would assume the same would apply for the coupon, but maybe I am wrong...

[quote name='JokerCard']Anyone know if there may be a rebate with the lips bundle?[/QUOTE]

My store was out of the lips bundle, so I'm not sure if they have a rebate. Based on the signs they had up, I don't think they have anything on it right now.

[quote name='bjork73']Interesting; one of the benefits of the Backstage Pass VIP card is coupons for $3 off of any regularly-priced CD, DVD, or game $12.99 or higher. Only thing is that the offer page says "cannot be combined with any other sales or promotions"; I guess that means the rebates would be denied, but has anybody used FYE coupons on games that have rebates and still had the rebates go through? Just thought I would ask :)[/QUOTE]

I've had a few rebates come back that I used a coupon on. One, in particular I used the 10% off for the Backstage Pass, a $5 coupon from the book and then some store credit from the game I traded in. I got the rebate back, with the full amount I was due. So, as long as you have all the stuff you need to send in, I don't see there being a problem. I used coupons on at least two of the rebates I've got back so far and the 10% on all of them. The only rebate I've not got back yet with a discount was sent in at the beginning of the month, so is due any time now.

I went to my local fye today, absolutely nothing i could see was free after rebate.

Can the op just post current offers in the first post? Or it everything all YMMV?
Maybe we should start a new sticky based on free games?

bread's done
Back