GameCube & GBA PreOwned Games Now In Stock At Gamestop! 75% Off All GC & GBA Games Discount Now Works Again!

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
The deal is back on! They even restocked some GBA games this time, which are also 75% off. But beware to all those who are picky because I can almost guarantee that they will be disc only. But for 75% off, and the additional 10% for PUR members, who can complain? If you go on and see a bunch of crap games, don't give up! They will randomly restock at random times throughout the day (usually around 11pm-2am est or 7-9am est from past experiences).

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

I also wanted to point out that they WON'T be complete and they WILL have scratches, maybe even to the point of not working at all.

Also don't forget to use the "SAVER" promo code to get free value shipping on any order over $25.

What happens if the games I receive don't work?
Once you recieve your games and you have some that don't work, no worries! Just go to your local gamestop with the packing slip and they will give you a refund. Below is what the packing slip says about returning at a store:

1. Original packing list is required for all returns or exchanges.
2. Must be returned or exchanged in original condition with all packaging and contents
3. Store policy may differ, please contact your local store for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made some orders of these after seeing the posts about them. My first order was Super Mario Sunshine (Got Melee in a Sunshine case instead, didn't work), Rogue Squadron III (Replacement case, didn't work), Pac-Man World 2/Pac-Man Vs. (Former worked, latter didn't, replacement case), Spider-Man 2 (Worked, replacement case), Ultimate Spider-Man (Worked, replacement case), Super Mario Strikers (Worked, replacement case), DDR: Mario Mix (Worked, replacement case), Donkey Kong (Worked, replacement case), Twilight Princess (Didn't work, replacement case), Custom Robo (Didn't work, replacement case).

I tried all of the ones that did work for at least 15 minutes. I guess they could crap out with more play. Most of the ones that didn't work had cracks or that crud in the ring. I have a second batch coming so I'll wait until those come before I attempt a return. Hope they give me my money for Sunshine/Melee.

Another shipment today; Kirby Air Ride and Rouge Squadron III didn't work but I did get SSX: On Tour complete.  All other games needed cleaning but they seem to be good since I played each for about 15~20 minutes.  As always can't complain about the price.   

Well, just got my order today from like two weeks ago, damn shipping. But my Zelda Wind Waker passed the initial test! it made it to the start screen! Now I just gotta wait for my gamecube controller to arrive to make sure it actually works....

Yeah, never ordering this shit again, 

You could assume they work but they will probably crap out so its pretty annoying.

All the games have like gunk in them to,

not ordering again lol

Good Luck to you guys though.

I got Twilight Princess and of course it doesn't work.

I didn't do too bad, 5 of my 8 worked but of the 3 that didn't work was SSBM and Paper Mario: TTYD. Paper mario and NFS get to the menu before giving me an error and Smash bros. just won't work. Ah well, guess its still great to have a couple cheap games that are working :)

Didnt Work:

2 Smash Bros,

1 Double Dash,

1 Twilight Princess,

1 Sunshine,

1 burnout 2,

1 Pacman World 2

1 Need for Speed Carbon

1 Metroid Prime 2

Did Work:

1 Need for Speed Carpon (case + disc)

1 Sonic Gems (complete!)

1 Naruto (case + disc)

1 Soul Calibur 2

1 Freedom Fighters

1 Geist

1 DK Jungle Beat

1 Batman Begins

Pretty much what I expected since I ordered a lot of first party Nintendo titles. (Most of them had the label side of the disc destroyed)

Well, just got my order today from like two weeks ago, damn shipping. But my Zelda Wind Waker passed the initial test! it made it to the start screen! Now I just gotta wait for my gamecube controller to arrive to make sure it actually works....
FUNNY STORY, guess what is in the game case for Super Smash Brothers Melee XD. My mind like, took a minute to process it for a second, I was quite confused but not even mad when I opened the (generic) SSBM case and inside the sleeve was windwaker (the top was pretty bad, aka very dirty/from a resurface machine or something) but it actually starts up and I loaded into the game right now, plays fine so far! But still.. HUHHH???!!!

I got Wind Waker and Super Smash bros, neither worked, so I can just take them to any Gamestop with the packaging invoice and return them correct? Maybe I'll try again next restock, why must they resurface these. 

FUNNY STORY, guess what is in the game case for Super Smash Brothers Melee XD. My mind like, took a minute to process it for a second, I was quite confused but not even mad when I opened the (generic) SSBM case and inside the sleeve was windwaker (the top was pretty bad, aka very dirty/from a resurface machine or something) but it actually starts up and I loaded into the game right now, plays fine so far! But still.. HUHHH???!!!
Dang you got pretty lucky in my opinion! Never played SSBM but I know the resale value of Wind Waker is over $20 (if it works start to finish). Congrats!

Alright after some more extensive testing (played more than 5 minutes) here are the results.

Games that work:

Pac Man World 2

Pac Man vs

Sonic DX

Crash The Wrath of Cortex (framerate is ass)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Lord of THe RIngs Two Towers

Gun - original case

From Russia With Love

Super Monkey Balls 2

Lord of The Rings Return of The King

WWE Day of Reckoning  - original case

WWE Day of Reckoning 2 - Original Case

King Kong

Monster House (game is ass)

Sonic Riders

Golden Eye Rogue Agent

Pac Man Fever

Gladius 

Puyo Pop

Teen Titans

Games That Didn't Work:

Simpsons Hit and Run ( Game starts and then I get a disc read error)

Got my second order in today. Pokemon XD and Colosseum, Colosseum didn't work, which surprises me because it is one of the better looking discs that I've received from this deal. No gunk on the middle, but some scratches, I guess it just doesn't work. Happy with Gale of Darkness though, and that puts me at 3/8 on this deal. Gonna go return Colosseum tomorrow I guess.

Got Luigi's Mansion w/Case and Artwork, no manual! :D/

Definitely got to get a GC memory card for my Wii! The first one starts off a bit faster than the 3DS version.

Yeah, is gamestop so desperate they have to peddle shit that's obviously defective. They'd rather have staff handle the product multiple times and risk customer dissatisfaction instead of just tossing them. I'm talking about the really bad discs btw.

Got my last current order and had the best results so far. Got a complete (albeit in a DVD case) Mario Sunshine that worked and a Mario Kart Double Dash in a generic case that worked. Shadow the hedgehog and Super Smash Brother didn't work at various spots so will have to be returned.

All in all I can't complain as I got working copies of Mario Sunshine (complete after I swapped it with a GC case from a game that didn't work), Mario Kart (I already had the case and artwork from a pawn shop that had Zelda Promo CE disk in it for $1), Wind Waker HD, and One Peice Grand Adventure.

Out of my second and last order: Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (Complete!),The Simpsons: Hit and Run, Kirby Air Ride, SSX: On Tour, Donkey Konga 2, and Super Mario Strikers worked. Mario Superstar Baseball, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Pokemon Channel, and Super Smash Bros. Melee did not. Barring Mario Kart they all came in generic cases. Most of the ones that wouldn't work just didn't boot at start up, but Channel worked for a bit before crapping out. I gave each a decent bit of time, and I used my save for Mario Kart to play it.

[SIZE=8pt]My Haul:[/SIZE]

All of my games that included anything were in original cases.

[SIZE=8pt]Sonic Adventure DX: Director's (Complete)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] Simpsons: Hit and Run 6x (4 defective, none were complete) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (defective)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] , Donkey Konga (Complete)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt], Metroid Prime (Disk only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] Star Wars Jedi Knight II (Cover art but defective)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Super Mario Sunshine (Presumed Defective, cover art included)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Mario Party 4 (Disk only) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] Mario Party 5 (defective)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Super Smash Brothers Melee 2x (Disk only but both look great)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Star Wars Rogue Squadron III (disk only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] Sonic Heroes (Defective)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Mario Kart Double Dash (Looks alright, disk only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] Mario Superstar Baseball (Looks great, disk only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]SpongeBob SquarePants: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman (disk only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] SpongeBob Square Pants: Battle of Bikini Bottom (Defective)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] Medal of Honor Rising Sun (Only gave me two copies of disk one)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] LEGO Star Wars (Disk only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Army Men: Sarge's War (Complete)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] Sponge Bob Squarepants: The Movie (Disk Only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Bionicle: The Game (Cover art and disk)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt], Bionicle Heroes (Defective)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Army Men: RTS , (Disk only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] Call of Duty: Finest Hour (disk only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (disk Only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] , Luigi's Mansion 2x (1 complete, other has art, both are flawless)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt] Kirby's Air Ride (cover art included, disk unsure)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Pretty great [/SIZE]

23/34 worked or didn't have to be returned

1/5 weren't disk only

Wish I had a copy of Twilight Princess, wind waker, and the collectors editions but the site bugged out and wouldn't let me check out. Willing to trade.

So, heres the details on my one very large order.

10x Mario Sunshine

5x Mario Party 4

8x Star Wars Jedi Knight 2

10x Mario Kart Double Dash

6x Mario Party 5

6x Mario Party 7

8x Smash Bros Melee

10x Kirby Air Ride

2x Pokemon Colosseum

2x Pikmin 2

2x Pokemon xd

1x Zelda Twilight Princess

Total 70 games, total paid was $415 after taxes.

This very large order was put under review shortly after placing, but to my surprise was cleared.

They shipped out 40 games in the first package, and 30 in another a few days later.

Of those first 40, 31 were broken and 9 worked.

Of the second set of 30, 22 were broken and 8 worked.

Returned 53 games to gamestop for full refund.

Ended up keeping:

4x Mario Party 4

2x Mario Party 7

2x Mario Kart Double Dash

3x Kirby Air Ride

1x Smash Bros Melee

1x Pokemon Colosseum

1x Zelda Twilight Princess

3x Mario Sunshine

Approximately a 25% success rate.

Thanks OP, really glad I was able to get this order in.

lol I still haven't gotten around to return the 1 game that didn't work for me. I bought less popular titles so I'd have a better success rate.

bread's done
Back