GameCube & GBA PreOwned Games Now In Stock At Gamestop! 75% Off All GC & GBA Games Discount Now Works Again!

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
The deal is back on! They even restocked some GBA games this time, which are also 75% off. But beware to all those who are picky because I can almost guarantee that they will be disc only. But for 75% off, and the additional 10% for PUR members, who can complain? If you go on and see a bunch of crap games, don't give up! They will randomly restock at random times throughout the day (usually around 11pm-2am est or 7-9am est from past experiences).

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

I also wanted to point out that they WON'T be complete and they WILL have scratches, maybe even to the point of not working at all.

Also don't forget to use the "SAVER" promo code to get free value shipping on any order over $25.

What happens if the games I receive don't work?
Once you recieve your games and you have some that don't work, no worries! Just go to your local gamestop with the packing slip and they will give you a refund. Below is what the packing slip says about returning at a store:

1. Original packing list is required for all returns or exchanges.
2. Must be returned or exchanged in original condition with all packaging and contents
3. Store policy may differ, please contact your local store for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPS brought my order of 18 game disc this afternoon and dropped them off on the porch. Out of those 18 there were 4 games that would not work (double dash, resident evil 4, resident evil zero, and sonic dx directors cut) so I'm going to return them to my local gamestop when I got out. Does anyone know how long I have to take them back to the store because the return label does not specify?

UPS brought my order of 18 game disc this afternoon and dropped them off on the porch. Out of those 18 there were 4 games that would not work (double dash, resident evil 4, resident evil zero, and sonic dx directors cut) so I'm going to return them to my local gamestop when I got out. Does anyone know how long I have to take them back to the store because the return label does not specify?
7 days.

My first small order of 5 games got here.. one game looked too bad for me to even try. 2 didnt boot at all. and 2 couldnt be read about 15 min in.

Was mario sunshine, and 4x mario party 6

Not looking good =/

I have 30 games on there way, all first party nintendo games.

7 days.

My first small order of 5 games got here.. one game looked too bad for me to even try. 2 didnt boot at all. and 2 couldnt be read about 15 min in.

Was mario sunshine, and 4x mario party 6

Not looking good =/

I have 30 games on there way, all first party nintendo games.

It says 30 days on the receipt or packing slip

Got my order of Double Dash and Mario Party 6 in today.

Double Dash came in a generic GS case with the disc looking incredibly smoldered, and didnt work at all.

Mario Party 6 came with the original case but no manual, the disc loaded but it doesnt sound too great and since I already have Mario Party 4 and 7 I think I'm just gonna return it now and not risk the disc crapping out on me although it looks okay.

So...50% success rate...not bad I guess...

Got my order of Double Dash and Mario Party 6 in today.

Double Dash came in a generic GS case with the disc looking incredibly smoldered, and didnt work at all.

Mario Party 6 came with the original case but no manual, the disc loaded but it doesnt sound too great and since I already have Mario Party 4 and 7 I think I'm just gonna return it now and not risk the disc crapping out on me although it looks okay.

So...50% success rate...not bad I guess...
Wouldn't that be 0% sucess rate?

Got my first order in today. It was 6 games and they all worked and played fine.

The games I got were: 

pac man vs & Pac Man World 2 - og box

Crash Wrath of Cortex

WWE Day of Reckoning - og box

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 

Sonic Adventure DX

TMNT

0 for 6.

I put an x on the face of each disc, so in a couple of weeks after they have been sent back to the main warehouse and resold, whoever gets them next can bypass playing and bring them straight back to the store.

1 out of 6 worked (One Piece Grand Adventure). All generic GameCube cases. I have 2 more orders coming so maybe I'll get a bit luckier on them. Was hoping I was one of the few lucky ones that would get some complete that weren't part of the CAG returns over the last few months....Looks like I'm not so lucky.

Question-If I write in permanent marker "DOES NOT WORK" will they still accept them as a return? Would make it more difficult for them to keep shipping this junk out and may save one of my fellow CAG's a headache.

I ordered a few WindWaker games a few days ago. Got one today. Disc had that crap in it, but to my surprise, it played fine. I already had a WindWaker file on my Wii, and when I played it using the disc I got, there were no issues.

0 for 6.

I put an x on the face of each disc, so in a couple of weeks after they have been sent back to the main warehouse and resold, whoever gets them next can bypass playing and bring them straight back to the store.
Wow... that's actually a good idea. Maybe we'll see these start making rounds next time GS puts these up.

1 out of 6 worked (One Piece Grand Adventure).
Did yours die out once you start the first level? It played okay when at the menu but was like dead when playing and I bought the game in-store.

Lol you guys should really play them thoroughly 

and by thoroughly I mean 

play the whole game hahaha.

Both of the discs had some shit inside of them around the main circle of the disc.

I'm assuming that's the gunk you guys are talking about.

Wow... that's actually a good idea. Maybe we'll see these start making rounds next time GS puts these up.
This is probably common knowledge to some-but why the hell does GS keep sending out these busted games? Once its returned in store why isnt it marked as unplayable and then destroyed?

What's the success rate on GBA titles? Most of the thread seems to be GC focused.
There are still GSes with GBA games? Didn't know that...

I bought a few when they first went live and never had issues with games working, but I found lots of fake GBA games.

This is probably common knowledge to some-but why the hell does GS keep sending out these busted games? Once its returned in store why isnt it marked as unplayable and then destroyed?
They send them back and send them threw their re-surfacing machines. The problem is, their machines damaged the cover art side, which is much closer to the actual data than the actual underside (shiny side) is.

There are still GSes with GBA games? Didn't know that...

I bought a few when they first went live and never had issues with games working, but I found lots of fake GBA games.
I think he was still referring to gamestop.com when they restock some GBA games.

Figured it was worth a shot so I ordered a couple games. I hope at least a few of them work and I can return the rest in store. No big deal.

My first five games came in yesterday (got another three coming tomorrow), and three out of the five work.  All of them are disc only obviously, but the three that worked were Resident Evil Zero, Kirby's Air Ride, and Animal Crossing.  All four discs (2 for RE0) have clean looking, non scratched artwork sides,which is the first thing I look for to tell if its going to work.

The two that didn't work (one of which was Star Fox Assault, which I was most hoping would play out of the lot) had the classic artwork side circle scratches, which usually mark them DoA without even having to boot up (but I had to at least try!).  Just make sure you do a thorough job cleaning the resurfacing gunk off first (on both sides, and also along the inside of the center spindle ring, usually a good amount in there), don't want to contaminate your Wii / GC lens.

Got my first order today, 16 games as one apparently wasn't included... will have to call about that.

1 GBA: Polarium Advance is a real genuine copy (who would fake this?, ha ha) and works great.

Of the Gamecube in the order I tested: (all have bad resurfacing gunk in the center, that goes without saying...)

Def Jam Fight for NY (bad top side damage, starts to load but almost immediately an error. No surprise)

Donkey Konga 2 (One of only 2 in original cases, complete. Does have top side damage, but all on the very inside of the disc and none on the data area. Tested for 20 minutes in all kinds of modes with a bunch of songs, seems to work great)

Geist (disc looks great actually on top and bottom, seems to work very well)

Marvel Nemesis Rise of the Imperfects (bottom looks really nice. No circular damage to top label, a few bits of paint missing here and there but very light level. Played through a few levels, seems to work great)

SSX On Tour (top side damage again, but this time much like with Donkey Konga 2 mostly on the inner clear part of the disc. Played a few races, seems to work fine)

Star Wars Bounty Hunter (disc looks really good actually on both sides, works great, only played a few minutes but considering the disc is perfect that was fine)

Burnout (another game that looks really good. Tested for a few minutes, and it stopped working though. Strange as it is the only one that is perfect, not even any resurfacing gunk in the center ring... cleaned it again though and same thing. Sucks, but oh well)

Crash Tag Team Racing (No top side damage, but some good nicks on the bottom. .Won't even get to the title screen, starts to load for 10 seconds and freezes, error)

Peter Jackson's King Kong (Looks really good. Loads up quicky and seems to work great)

NBA Street Volume 3 (Pretty scratched but played various modes for awhile and seems to work, so cool)

Lord of the Rings the Third Age (Booted up and worked for 15 minutes or so, thought I was good, then an error sadly. Game seems pretty cool too)

Sonic Heroes (disc looks solid, played a few levels in and seems to be working good)

Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee (Small bit of top label but very small and I think its just the paint, nothing deeper. Game seems to run perfectly, played for 45 minutes as I'm really enjoying it)

Sonic Riders (won't even start to boot, error message while still on gamecube opening screen. No surprise, big piece of top label damage, only in one spot but looks a bit deep)

Pac Man World 2/Pac Man Vs (the other one that came in an original case, though no manual. Still, double disc case is nice. Looks good on both discs, though World has some major top label damage, but its in the clear middle part. Game runs very well from what I can see, played a ways in. Pac Man Vs looks fine and booted up)

So for those who want the cliff notes:

Works: Polarium Advance, Donkey Konga 2, Geist, Marvel Nemesis Rise of the Imperfects, SSX On Tour, Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Peter Jackson's King Kong, NBA Street Volume 3, Sonic Heroes, Godzilla destroy All Monsters Melee, Pac Man World 2, Pac Man Vs

Doesn't work: Def Jam Right For NY, Burnout, Crash Tag Team Racing, Lord of the Rings the Third Age, Sonic Riders,

So out of 17 games (counting pac man vs separate), 12 work. That's not too bad, hopefully I'll have similar luck when my second shipment gets here tomorrow.

Lord of the Rings the Third Age (Booted up and worked for 15 minutes or so, thought I was good, then an error sadly. Game seems pretty cool too)
Yeah, Third Age is actually pretty fun, great simple Co-op RPG with many similarities to the FFX battle system. 12 out of 17 isn't bad, and two original cases to boot.

No, all things considered I can't complain. No guarantee all of the 'working' ones work all the way through, but I'm encouraged by most of them and happy to take it.

From what I found, top layer damage (if its more than just paint, and it isn't hard to tell) is a deal breaker unless you get lucky and it is all the art over that center ring which is just plastic on the inside.

Got my first order in today! My order of SSBM, Animal Crossing, Kirby Air Ride, Star Fox Assault, Mario Party 5 and 6 all came in generic cases except for Animal Crossing, which came complete. I was surprised at the packaging they used for the games, a big ass box with a ton of the big bubble packets. I wish they'd have shipped my Project X Zone LE like this. Anyway Animal Crossing and Star Fox Assault were the only ones that worked. I'm going back now to return everything that didn't work.

tl;dr 2/6 worked. I'm disappointed but not surprised that SSBM didn't work, I was really looking forward to having a cheap copy to just play.

Did yours die out once you start the first level? It played okay when at the menu but was like dead when playing and I bought the game in-store.
Mine was a mix of both. Some would not even get tot he menu. A couple would play every so often and then die. I booted One Piece Grand Adventure 10+ times and played it 30+ minutes on 3 different times and it didn't die out on me once. It also had some surface scratches and didn't have as much gunk in the middle so I'm thinking it was a left over and wasn't refurbed 5 times, lol.

I also got my second order in today and they all came in generic cases as well. I was lucky enough to get a Zelda Wind Waker that appears to be working (only 1 out of 5 more today). I have to test it more before I say definitively but at this point I've booted it 4-5 times and played around with it about 30 minutes and it's worked without a problem. Will give longer to be sure.

Total to date 2 work out of 10 (unless I update this after further testing Wind Waker). Kinda expected, but was hoping to have a little better luck.

I have one more order coming, as of now, and I will update the thread once I get it and test it.

Ya, I'm waiting until tomorrow to return myself, I have another 12 coming and since these are more of the 'big' titles, I don't expect more than a few to work at best.

I received my second three game package yesterday (a day early, thanks UPS), and two out of the three work.  Battalion Wars was the one that didn't go, I was playing for about 15 min and then I got errors.  Pac Man Vs. / Pac Man World 2 looked and worked well (both discs), but came in a generic single disc case.

The biggest surprise I got was that Metroid Prime Echoes came with the original case and artwork, which is nice considering its a bad one to have to reprint (since it's all shiny and whatnot), and the disc is in good shape.  I won't know if it will play all the way yet, but considering the case and artwork, its worth the $2.50 anyways.

All in all for both orders, 5/8 worked, pretty happy with this run.  Not sure if I'll bite again the next time, though...

Got my 2nd order in today, 12 games.

Right off the bat I notice one problem... they sent me a copy of NCAA Football 2012 for PS3 instead of Sonic Adventure DX. That kind of sucks. Already sent a contact us form that I got the wrong item, but unlikely they'll still have a Sonic to send me. Also can't just return it easily to a store. Also sucks because that was one of only 5 of these I ordered for myself because I needed it... the other 7 I have and only got because of how cheap they were.

No original cases, Mario Kart DD has the art but its in a generic DVD case, maybe it was traded in in a bad case, who knows.

Super Smash Bros Melee (Has a small bit of damage to the top label, but very minor. tried to play all the way through single player and works, started several matches in various modes and they work. Some small cracks in the inner ring though... far from great shape. May try to trade this in at a local place...)

Super Mario Sunshine (game does not look good at all, errored out before the start screen)

Mario Kart Double Dash (has one of those stickers on the center, but shockingly no visible top label damage. Didn't stop it from not working though, error almost immediately)

Mario Party 7 (disc looks really good actually. Not even signs of resurfacing gunk in the center... played for a couple minutes, didn't feel a need to go too far in, it is in really nice shape)

Kirby Air Ride (Failed right after the memory card not inserted message. Bummer)

NBA Street Volume 2 (disc isn't too bad, no signs of real damage at least which is a bonus. Tried for about 20 minutes, seems to work great. Cool as this one is for me)

Burnout 2 (Looking at the disc doesn't make me overly hopeful but really no damage I guess, no paint gone, just some wear showing on the top layer, but doesn't make it through the paint... played for 15 minutes or so and seems to work great. Another for me personally so cool)

Shadow the Hedgehog (Another that actually looks really good. Tested for a bit, seems to work well)

Mario Party 5 (This one also looks really good. Played a few minutes, seems to work well)

Pokemon Colosseum (The disc looks mint... literally, shocking levels of mint. I tested for a couple minutes to be sure, but I knew this would work)

The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (resurfacing mark on bottom but only in the center area, the data section of the disc looks perfect and no damage to the top. Works great)

Again the Cliff Notes:

Works: Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Party 7, NBA Street Vol 2, Burnout 2, Shadow the Hedgehog, Mario Party 5, Pokemon Colosseum, The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition

Doesn't Work: Mario Kart Double Dash, Super Mario Sunshine, Kirby Air Ride,

Really can't complain, went 8/11 today, with the 3 that didn't work being ones that didn't work. Too bad about Sonic DX though, hopefully they can send me one still but I'm doubtful....

Between 2 orders, I'm 20/28. That's actually really solid and I'm very happy. I have at least 1 more coming, Spider Man 2 was on my first order but wasn't shipped. Wasn't listed as shipped either strangely and I got delivery notice on just it yesterday. So that is coming. As for the other, Sonic DX we'll see what happens with it, I don't have it so really hoping that comes.

I was 2/7 for the ones I ordered.

Worked: Donkey Konga, Batman Vengeance

Didn't work: Tetris Worlds (disc was cracked), Rogue Squadron III, Sonic Heroes, WWE Day of Reckoning, Twilight Princess.

Can I still take these returns to a store or do they have to be shipped back?

I was 2/7 for the ones I ordered.

Worked: Donkey Konga, Batman Vengeance

Didn't work: Tetris Worlds (disc was cracked), Rogue Squadron III, Sonic Heroes, WWE Day of Reckoning, Twilight Princess.

Can I still take these returns to a store or do they have to be shipped back?
I am also curious about whether or not you can return these to a store. Just like everybody, I have several that need to be returned.

Nice on the Zelda, probably made the whole order worth it if only that disc worked.
I guess. I already have it but this should make me $30.00 or so. After the ones that don't work are returned, I'll have spent $50.00. Still, after I also sell the extra Mario Party 5/7/Melee, I'll make a few bucks and get 16 games for myself, I consider that a win.

I am also curious about whether or not you can return these to a store. Just like everybody, I have several that need to be returned.
Says right on the packing slip you can, just make sure you take the invoice. Me, I'm waiting for my final games to show up before I make the trip, prefer to do it all at once.

Theres a couple of original xbox games in stock (nothing good), but they arnt 75% off anymore, otherwise I would probably get them lol.

I guess. I already have it but this should make me $30.00 or so. After the ones that don't work are returned, I'll have spent $50.00. Still, after I also sell the extra Mario Party 5/7/Melee, I'll make a few bucks and get 16 games for myself, I consider that a win.
Are you talking about flipping games right here out in the open?

I had placed an order for 8 games a few nights ago, hoping I have some good luck with some of them working (namely Paper Mario: TTYD and SSBM). Also, yes you can return the games in the store just bring in your invoice slip. I believe you have 7 days to return (?).

I must be extremely lucky. I got 12 games in and only one of them didn't work that was simpsons hit and run. Hell some of them looked really good with only a tiny scratch on them.

bread's done
Back