GameCube & GBA PreOwned Games Now In Stock At Gamestop! 75% Off All GC & GBA Games Discount Now Works Again!

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
The deal is back on! They even restocked some GBA games this time, which are also 75% off. But beware to all those who are picky because I can almost guarantee that they will be disc only. But for 75% off, and the additional 10% for PUR members, who can complain? If you go on and see a bunch of crap games, don't give up! They will randomly restock at random times throughout the day (usually around 11pm-2am est or 7-9am est from past experiences).

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

I also wanted to point out that they WON'T be complete and they WILL have scratches, maybe even to the point of not working at all.

Also don't forget to use the "SAVER" promo code to get free value shipping on any order over $25.

What happens if the games I receive don't work?
Once you recieve your games and you have some that don't work, no worries! Just go to your local gamestop with the packing slip and they will give you a refund. Below is what the packing slip says about returning at a store:

1. Original packing list is required for all returns or exchanges.
2. Must be returned or exchanged in original condition with all packaging and contents
3. Store policy may differ, please contact your local store for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone think they'll come back in stock again tomorrow or sometime soon? I could sure go for the other three or four zelda games and a couple of Resident Evil games. C'mon gamestop!

Edit: If anyone ordered more than one copy of Zelda Twilight Princess or Zelda Collector's Edition and receives a working copy, I'd be more than willing to take it off your hands for a little more than you paid + shipping  :bow:

no this is scam last time i order game 0 PERCNET WORK and i dint even bother 2 return em i throwed them out and NO COME IN CASE they all come in box that were brokin in the mail DONT WASTE UR TIME OR MONEY this is scam from gamesotp becus they prob got 100 brokin game from ebay 4 $1 and r sellin em 2 u 4 cheap but they make money wile u get scam...
wow.

Alright. Every single order I placed was cancelled. All of them. Also, the credit was not refunded to me yet. Does anybody know why they would cancel every single order? And how long it takes for the credit to get refunded? If some stuff comes back in stock, I want in.

I am furious at Gamestop. Why did this happen?

Well I got shipping confirmation for both super mario sunshine and mario kart.

Hopefully they work, I didn't know that it was that bad and yeah fucking resurfaced disc suck dick. 

I got one from amazon the other day and it looked brand new but it did not work at all

Well I got shipping confirmation for both super mario sunshine and mario kart.

Hopefully they work, I didn't know that it was that bad and yeah fucking resurfaced disc suck dick.

I got one from amazon the other day and it looked brand new but it did not work at all
Then there is the situation of playing 99% of the game and then the game is broken on the last boss fight (happened with me and Ico looooong time ago, thankfully I got to exchange for a new one).

So nobody has had this situation before who can tell me what happened to them about it? Really?

Anyway, all the orders I placed are saying "closed." And it says the amount charged is $0. Anybody know why it's saying that? My card wasn't refunded either.

Alright. Every single order I placed was cancelled. All of them. Also, the credit was not refunded to me yet. Does anybody know why they would cancel every single order? And how long it takes for the credit to get refunded? If some stuff comes back in stock, I want in.

I am furious at Gamestop. Why did this happen?

ICO is a PS2 game the whole name is ico. Team Ico made Ico and Shadow of the Collosus.
Yeah. That's what I figured. Guess it was a figurative comparison to a GC disc.

Still gotta get around to playing ICO & SOTC. Got them sealed and with PS+, lol! Also, I got 1 or both of them(pre-owned) on PS2, from Best Buy, for 99 cents earlier this year.

My fault, I guess the GC had technology where scratched discs would either work 100% or not at all so a comparison to a scratched PS2 game would be totally insane right?
Not sure if sarcasm or not, but GC games can either not work at all or stop playing anywhere in the game if they're fucked up.

Is there any way besides looking at the disc to tell if it will be working/not working? I don't have a gamecube controller for my Wii yet, and I'd like to be able to know asap if I need to send it back

Is there any way besides looking at the disc to tell if it will be working/not working? I don't have a gamecube controller for my Wii yet, and I'd like to be able to know asap if I need to send it back

Just let it boot, but no theres not really a way unless I don't know one

for an example though, I have burnout and was playing the campaign and if I choose one of the face off mode, the disc just stops being read.

I could have gone forever and then realized that the "face off" mode didn't work a year later haha.

I can't believe so many people are trying this. When this sale started, I probably made 10 orders for 4-5 games each over a period of a month, and I had very little success rate. I think only 10 games worked (mostly the crap games). I know some people had good luck but my luck was terrible with this sale.

Just let it boot, but no theres not really a way unless I don't know one

for an example though, I have burnout and was playing the campaign and if I choose one of the face off mode, the disc just stops being read.

I could have gone forever and then realized that the "face off" mode didn't work a year later haha.
I remember many GC games having a warning screen that you need to press a button on to continue. I'm not sure if those screens go away if you wait or if you have to press a button...

I can't believe so many people are trying this. When this sale started, I probably made 10 orders for 4-5 games each over a period of a month, and I had very little success rate. I think only 10 games worked (mostly the crap games). I know some people had good luck but my luck was terrible with this sale.

I remember many GC games having a warning screen that you need to press a button on to continue. I'm not sure if those screens go away if you wait or if you have to press a button...
Damn, I didn't know that I was getting garbage, I mean for the price though I guess it's alright of a chance.

I hope at least Mario Kart & Sunshine work.

Well, given how long they waited to re-list these, maybe they tested these or something... I dunno. My luck was just worse than others, from what I could tell. Can't hurt to try of course but I'm just saying don't get your hopes up you guys. 

So nobody has had this situation before who can tell me what happened to them about it? Really?
It takes about 3 business days for the refund to show on your card. They can cancel for a number of reasons. Problem with payment, they think you are a reseller, ordering too many of one item, or they currently do not have the item in stock.

Well, given how long they waited to re-list these, maybe they tested these or something... I dunno. My luck was just worse than others, from what I could tell. Can't hurt to try of course but I'm just saying don't get your hopes up you guys.
They don't do any testing of items. Several stores still had a limit stock of Gamecube items that they didn't send into the warehouse. Some of these came from that, the rest were refurb/return copies they were sitting on. For those ordering, just pray you get ones received from the store that they didn't get the refurb treatment.

For the person who asked about testing the item without a controller, as another suggested just let it run for a cold test. It can still die after you start playing...but at least you know it will boot. Aside from that just look at the disc. If it has a lot of label side wear (GC games have thinner layers so label damage is more likely to cut into data layer than most discs), pinholes on the bottom, internal gouges, or if the disc has been refurbed down too many layers then the disc will probably be dead at some point. Also if it has a lot of refurb fluid in the center of the disc that is also a bad sign. The refurb junk doesn't destroy the disc (unless it seeps into the data layer), but its often a sign that gamestop did a very poor and lazy job with it so a higher chance of going boom.

My snag list:

Super Mario Sunshine

Metroid Prime   Quantity Shipped: 1 Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast   Quantity Shipped: 1 Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut   Quantity Shipped: 1 Simpsons: Hit and Run   Quantity Shipped: 5 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles   Quantity Shipped: 1 Donkey Konga - Game Only   Quantity Shipped:

Waiting on

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour  1    $6.99

Simpsons' Road Rage - Used  1    $9.99

Medal of Honor Rising Sun  1    $7.99

Star Wars Bounty Hunter  1    $9.99

Army Men: Sarge's War  1    $9.99

My snag list:

Super Mario Sunshine

Metroid Prime Quantity Shipped: 1 Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Quantity Shipped: 1 Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut Quantity Shipped: 1 Simpsons: Hit and Run Quantity Shipped: 5 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Quantity Shipped: 1 Donkey Konga - Game Only Quantity Shipped:

Waiting on

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour 1 $6.99

Simpsons' Road Rage - Used 1 $9.99

Medal of Honor Rising Sun 1 $7.99

Star Wars Bounty Hunter 1 $9.99

Army Men: Sarge's War 1 $9.99
Is Star Wars: Bounty Hunter any good? It's the first time I've heard of it and I've played a lot of LucasArts games of the same time period. Republic Commando, Battlefront series, Jedi Knight series, etc...

Also my lot has shipped as well: Double Dash, Twilight Princess, Rouge Squadron II, Rouge Squadron III, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure DX, Soul Calibur 2, Pac-Man Vs.

Waiting on: Mario Golf, Crazy Taxi, Star-Fox, SSX: On Tour.

I'll probably be willing to trade the Rouge Squadron games with anyone for other Game Cube games, I found them today at a Goodwill randomly and my Goodwill never gets any games...

I can confirm too for those unsure if the GC discs work, that even if you stick it in your Wii and try to see if it works without the controller and memory card that it isn't a sure indicator that it works.
I stuck in One Piece Grand Adventure without the controller and memory card to test it and it appeared to be fine, it just told me I needed a memory card to start. Until I finally got a controller and memory card and had the game start the first level, then it died on me.
I had also bought the game in-store too where everyone else had confirmed that they were all fine compared to ordering online.

You're correct, it's really not worth it unless you are willing to sit down, test them all, and be ready to return over half of the games to gamestop. And then have the gamestop employees have to look up in their book how to return Gamestop.com orders. It's a long process, but I'm willing to put in the time and the money on my bank account on hold. Videogame collecting is an addiction. It is a pain in the ass for some disc only games that have disc cleaner gunk in the center plastic and lots of plastic. It's all worth it to me though if I get a few to work.

Any one else getting the "There was an error processing your order. We apologize for the inconvenience; please check back later." error? I'm even getting it on other (not GC) games.

It takes about 3 business days for the refund to show on your card. They can cancel for a number of reasons. Problem with payment, they think you are a reseller, ordering too many of one item, or they currently do not have the item in stock.
Thanks. I figured the refund was instant. After all, they instantly cancelled the order. This happened before and I thought they never refunded me. But as I looked at it, it was just 2 Pokemon XD I bought. Worth $7 altogether, so if they refunded me, I probably wouldn't have noticed. But now $100 is gone, so I'll definitely notice when they return it.

Got shipping confirmation on my whole lot.

I will let you guys know how mine work out.

Thankfully I am able to test them all.

I have been buying some online and if it is really bad then I guess paying 20 bucks for some that work well is worth it.

We'll see though :)

I managed to get twilight,

I guess my credit card is only able to get through once a day or something with them.

animal crossing is also up but I give up trying to get it to go through.

Next time I will just add them quickly to my cart.

Do they freeze orders if they're reviewing any?

Could someone please snag me a Luigi's Mansion? Been trying to order two. One for me (I'm in college and one for my little brother) I'll trade or pay extra.

I had an order from a few days ago under review, within a few hours it was cancelled. I had just made 2 orders back to back, 5 games in each order.

Now I placed a large order last night.. been under review since 10pm, still is... man Im hoping it goes through. Maybe buying 1 day shipping would of helped me.

So I finally got ahold of CS about how the 10% for PRO and SAVER wouldn't apply to my order and the rep told me that PRO discounts aren't valid online....is that true? I coulda sworn it works online too

So I finally got ahold of CS about how the 10% for PRO and SAVER wouldn't apply to my order and the rep told me that PRO discounts aren't valid online....is that true? I coulda sworn it works online too
They should work online.. Mine worked on the one gamecube game I ordered, and whenever I add (pre-owned) products into my cart they have the discount automatically..

I ordered a couple less popular titles on this restock today, just enough to get the free shipping enabled (which SAVER coupon was working again today, wasn't yesterday).  I really should follow my own advice on not bothering with this, but I keep on hoping I get lucky with a few of them.

I know that for any major 1st party title, expect to return them, but for the more common ones, there is a good chance they will work (last time I ordered 5 lesser titles, they all worked).  Just make sure you get free shipping enabled on the orders, because they will not refund you that amount when you return them in-store.

It probably got voided because of the promotion. They won't apply it online. I've already called.

You also don't need SAVER now.

bread's done
Back