Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

[quote name='karkyco']Go back and read my instructions. I just play the part of a manager.[/QUOTE]

Nah... I don't care that much for anything around the region. Hell, I can't find anything in the entire state.

I just got some games yesterday at store for a pretty good price. Most of them were less than a dollar. I wasn't expecting to leave the store with anything. Only thing was that they were all disc only.

Monopoly Party
One Piece Grand Battle
Scorpion King Rise of the Akkadian
Donkey Konga
Odama
Turok Evolution
Tak 2 Staff of Dreams
Nicktoons Unite
Narnia

They all came out to be 11.49

Last edited by a moderator:
I've now gotten two copies of Mario Kart: Double Dash that don't work at all. My daughter is none too happy about this. Hoping for a restock on it. If there is, I'm gonna order four copies in hopes of getting one that works.

[quote name='KemperJones']I've now gotten two copies of Mario Kart: Double Dash that don't work at all. My daughter is none too happy about this. Hoping for a restock on it. If there is, I'm gonna order four copies in hopes of getting one that works.[/QUOTE]

I hear you man.. It looks like my area is probably sold out of all the good stuff and we're just picking from the bottom of the barrell when it comes to the quality.

[quote name='Rumors']Why do these have such a high failure rate? I was under the impression that gcn discs were rather durable[/QUOTE]

I think some of it has to do with Gamestop's resurfacing. Usually their resurfaced games are hit or miss with regards to working or not. Others are so scratched that it doesn't matter how durable they are.

I'm expecting some of the games I get from their website not to work, but if at least half do then I still got a good deal.

I've always had some pretty bad luck with Gamestop.com's Gamecube discs, since they almost always resurface them and their machine doesn't seem to work well with them. I'd say I've had about a 50-50 rate of success with 'em in the past few years.

Just about every single disc, working or not, has had these circular scratches on top of the label, however, and I'm making an educated guess and assuming it's due to their resurfacing. If given the choice, I'd always buy in-store first (as I've never run into any resurfaced games in that situation).

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I've always had some pretty bad luck with Gamestop.com's Gamecube discs, since they almost always resurface them and their machine doesn't seem to work well with them. I'd say I've had about a 50-50 rate of success with 'em in the past few years.

Just about every single disc, working or not, has had these circular scratches on top of the label, however, and I'm making an educated guess and assuming it's due to their resurfacing. If given the choice, I'd always buy in-store first (as I've never run into any resurfaced games in that situation).[/QUOTE]

How can you tell if a game is resurfaced? can you take a picture?
Anyway, i found these at one Gamestop. They have like 5 mario party 4.

Yugioh falsebound kingdom CIB
mario party 4 no booklet
star wars rogue squad 3 cib
robotech battlecry cib
resident evil 0 no booklet
star wars rogue leader rogue 2 cib (players choice. the case, booklet, and disc looks new...wonder if its resurfaced??)
mario toadtool golf tour cib

All games tested and works. Paid $12.61 for games above.
Also, transfers are YMMV depending on the manager. One told me that some stores are not allow to sell it because they plan on shipping it back to warehouse to fill online orders.

FYI- Its rare, but saw a cute gs girl working at gamestop and was helpful. Didnt ask about membership, selling stuff, etc. (over here is mostly dudes...this store open in july so shocked to see gs games)

[quote name='Rozz']I think some of it has to do with Gamestop's resurfacing. Usually their resurfaced games are hit or miss with regards to working or not. Others are so scratched that it doesn't matter how durable they are.

I'm expecting some of the games I get from their website not to work, but if at least half do then I still got a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Their resurfacing is terrible... it's like they put the resurfacing solution on their machine once a day and don't bother to put more on until the next day. Every resurfaced game I get from them looks like it was resurfaced with sandpaper.

[quote name='Vinny']A couple of good games there... though I'm not sure why you got old sports games.[/QUOTE]

Every game includes sports games :lol: But really they are like a dollar or two which equals 23 cents or 45 cents for a CIB which is not that bad a price even for fucking sports games.

[quote name='mpaullin']Apparently a gammestop about an hour from me has the motherload of Mario Party 7. I called to see if they had it and the guy said they had about 10 copies. I will be headed over there later this afternoon.

I would be willing to pick up an extra copy if someone is willing to trade Mario Party 6, Eternal darkness, or Luigis mansion.[/QUOTE]

Are these uncommon? I bought a copy last year but when I tried it recently it had a disc error.

Wasn't able to find any copies of SSBM, even 30+ miles. Sucks.

Has anyone actually seen anything good online besides the commonly mentioned Kirby Air Ride, Mario Kart, Mario Party (7?), Luigi's Mansion and Melee? It seems like those are the only good games that keep popping up...

Checked the local store that only has the gamecube stuff and there was only trash there. I'll just wait until I find what I'm.looking for at garage sales. They'll probably be cheaper and in better condition anyway.

Well, I think that most every Gamestop in the SF bay area is already sold out, I know two local ones were getting rid of every last one of their games about six months ago, but I'm sure there are still a few Gamestops in the middle of nowhere, or in poorer neighborhoods that will still have some stuff.....

I'm glad I saved all my GC stuff. I'd like to get Mario Golf again since mine was stolen long ago, but I don't really want to spend money on it lol. I'll keep my eye on garage sales like the other guy said.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I'm glad I saved all my GC stuff. I'd like to get Mario Golf again since mine was stolen long ago, but I don't really want to spend money on it lol. I'll keep my eye on garage sales like the other guy said.[/QUOTE]

It's only $1.75 if you can find one.

Got three games. The selection was pretty battered at the store closest to home.
Disc only Metroid Prime 2.
Donkey Konga 2- Complete
Animal Crossing- Complete
Spent about $5.40

Manager at store couldn't transfer games I wanted, so it's YMMV. If they do consolidate in the city, I hope the games go to the Union Square Store. :\ Finding a spare Gamecube is a pain, and apparently now PS2s too. At least they're about $30 online.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Get the Dreamcast version instead, it has more extras. But in a pinch, the Gamecube version is fine enough at $5, even if it is based on the PS1 version.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Was wondering why resident evil code veronica x for ps2 is so cheap vs the gamecube? Is the gamecube better in framerate and picture or something?

So if anyone could pick up a copy of eternal darkness, I would be grateful and I would cover cost, shipping, and extra for your trouble. Shoot me a pm. Sorry to clutter the thread

[quote name='The Punisher']Hey, my store has mario party 4. Do you want me to grab it for u?
PM me.[/QUOTE]

pm'd. im surprised theres still any left.

[quote name='kube00']So if anyone could pick up a copy of eternal darkness, I would be grateful and I would cover cost, shipping, and extra for your trouble. Shoot me a pm. Sorry to clutter the thread[/QUOTE]

Sorry. none in my area 100 miles. Why is everyone going crazy for this eternal darkness? Fire emblem is the bomb.

[quote name='The Punisher']Sorry. none in my area 100 miles. Why is everyone going crazy for this eternal darkness? Fire emblem is the bomb.[/QUOTE]

older launch title that was never reprinted...kinda tough to find.

Apparently my local Gamestop doesn't take Gamecube trade in's anymore. I thought they all still did and just shipped out the games if they didn't sell them.

Anyways got a list of the games I wanted and where they would be at so going to call up these stores and say I work at so and such and they should ship it to another store that I know sells Gamecube games and I'll pick it up when its available.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Apparently my local Gamestop doesn't take Gamecube trade in's anymore. I thought they all still did and just shipped out the games if they didn't sell them.[/QUOTE]
GS stopped taking Gamecube games/systems back in April 2012.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Anyways got a list of the games I wanted and where they would be at so going to call up these stores and say I work at so and such and they should ship it to another store that I know sells Gamecube games and I'll pick it up when its available.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't do that. Most stores ask for a lot of store information and your position/name before items are sent out.

[quote name='sasukekun']GS stopped taking Gamecube games/systems back in April 2012.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Oh man... had I known that, I wouldn't have put off GC games this long. fuck. 2012 basically sucked for me, I barely had time of games/deals last year.:whistle2:x

[quote name='Vinny']Has anyone actually seen anything good online besides the commonly mentioned Kirby Air Ride, Mario Kart, Mario Party (7?), Luigi's Mansion and Melee? It seems like those are the only good games that keep popping up...[/QUOTE]

I saw twilight princess earlier, but it disappeared from my shopping cart as I was checking out

[quote name='sasukekun']
I wouldn't do that. Most stores ask for a lot of store information and your position/name before items are sent out.[/QUOTE]

Alright, didn't know that about the trade ins.

For the store info, that's actually really easy to get as they just ask for the store number. Name and position isn't hard to get either.

If anything, I'll ask some of my friends that work at Gamestop to do it for me.

EDIT: But I can still give a store my online purchase of a Gamecube game for my money back right. 2 out of the 12 games I got from the sale don't work and I rather put that money on my Ni no Kuni pre-order.

I bought the Zelda Collectors edition disc for $6 today. Disc only, but hopefully it works. Apparently someone else ordered it a long while back and never picked it up. Lucky me.

It looks like this game is rare even disc only. It's perfect for me because I've never played a Zelda game in my life.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Grabbed ~115 games for $140. All with case, most with instructions. The only 2 I got disc only where rare(ish) games (Beyond Good and Evil, Sponge Bob: Flying Dutchman)

[/QUOTE]

Some nice titles and awesome they are all CIB! I found five CIB titles :cry:

I hit up four stores yesterday and only two had GCN games.

I got around 60 games (I think). Some highlights like:

Mario Golf
Mario Super Strikers
Mario DDR (CIB)
Harry Potter Q Cup (CIB)
Donkey Konga 2 (CIB)
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Tetris Worlds
Soul Caliber 2
FF Crystal Chronicles
SSX 3
Pac Man World 2
Spyro A Heroes Tale
Scooby Doo 1000 Scares
Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex
Burnout
007 Agent Under Fire
Metal Arms
Kirby Air Ride
Wave Race Blue Storm (CIB)
LOTR TT (CIB)
LOTR ROTK
Star Wars RS 2 and 3
Lego Star Wars

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I bought the Zelda Collectors edition disc for $6 today. Disc only, but hopefully it works. Apparently someone else ordered it a long while back and never picked it up. Lucky me.

It looks like this game is rare even disc only. It's perfect for me because I've never played a Zelda game in my life.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it is fairly rare. I got it from a user on Goozex a long time ago amazingly.
The only issue is it doesn't have A Link to the Past WTF?!?!?!? I can understand certain portable versions but not the SNES classic?!?!?

Per Wiki:

In North America, the Collector's Edition was published as a free promotional disc originally given out to Nintendo Power members with 5 or more registered games at Nintendo.com. For a limited time, a player could also receive the disc free with a new purchase of a Nintendo GameCube, or from purchasing a subscription or subscription renewal to Nintendo Power.

It was also released in Europe, where there were several more ways to obtain the disc. The game was initially bundled in a limited edition Mario Kart: Double Dash!! GameCube package. Nintendo later made the title available to GameCube owners who mailed them proof of purchase of certain first party GameCube titles. Eventually the disc could even be purchased from the Nintendo of Europe website in their stars catalogue (a scheme that offers items in return for 'stars' collected in leaflets with all Nintendo games) for 4500 stars.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']That would be cool.

Are the systems 75% off too by any chance?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, they are not. I'm sure it will be only a matter of time before they drop prices on them.

Went to the closest Gamestop to me today. Didn't buy for three reasons:

1. All inventory was in the back, so he had to PRINT A LIST and couldn't bring them out or put them on display.
2. Told me they were all disc-only.
3. Said they weren't 75% off but "buy 2 get 2 free."

I must have the shittiest Gamestop in history. What a bunch of douches.

[quote name='Blade']Went to the closest Gamestop to me today. Didn't buy for three reasons:

1. All inventory was in the back, so he had to PRINT A LIST and couldn't bring them out or put them on display.

I must have the shittiest Gamestop in history. What a bunch of douches.[/QUOTE]

hmmm, I would have still picked the rare and bought them as they would have rang 75% off...

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I bought the Zelda Collectors edition disc for $6 today. Disc only, but hopefully it works. Apparently someone else ordered it a long while back and never picked it up. Lucky me.

It looks like this game is rare even disc only. It's perfect for me because I've never played a Zelda game in my life.[/QUOTE]

Nice pickup, is the disc in good shape? I've noticed a lot of people on here seem to be mentioning that their discs are in crappy condition. I'll be getting my website shipment in early this week and I'm a little worried...

[quote name='Blade']Went to the closest Gamestop to me today. Didn't buy for three reasons:

It's not as bad as the Gamestop stores that have the inventory but are too lazy to print a list for you or to check the back for the games.

I didn't even think to ask them to check the back for games, are people having success this way? Those of you that have had GCN games in the back, were there any on display in the store?

My local stores only had ~10 games a piece, so I doubt there is a stock pile in the back...but would be nice! haha

[quote name='MHRX']I didn't even think to ask them to check the back for games, are people having success this way? Those of you that have had GCN games in the back, were there any on display in the store?

My local stores only had ~10 games a piece, so I doubt there is a stock pile in the back...but would be nice! haha[/QUOTE]

Some do, some don't. Some have them under the counter, others on display, some in the back. The stores that don't have them right out in display are the more annoying ones to deal with because you'll have to deal with lazy douchebag employees (or nice employees who don't mind doing their job.)

I would have been happy here. It's a sign of lazyness, so I doubt they were all disc only. In any case, if they were not on the floor, you would have got first pick.

But yeah, they are a bunch of douches.

i Called for another transfer ordered
Zelda twilight princess
p.n.0.3
wario world
re 1 and 3
zatch bell: mamudo fury
f-zero gx
another star fox adventure
mario sunshine
bloody roar

Last edited by a moderator: