Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']The one thing that Ive heard from GS employees is shipping cost from out of state transfers comes out of the respective stores bonuses' for that year, which is why you may not be as successful doing it.[/QUOTE]

I've been told they don't do it anymore because it costs too much, so your answer is probably correct. One store used to get me CEs all the time, but now none of them will do a transfer in my area anymore.

i called another GS for transfer (yeah i know alot)
they had skies of arcadia and tales of symphonia now my gc collection is complete

[quote name='gatordeve86']picked up super mario strikers for $2.50 w/ case[/QUOTE]

Great game. I already had this game long ago.

Games people should get,
Killer 7
Timesplitters 2

[quote name='cero5']i called another GS for transfer (yeah i know alot)
they had skies of arcadia and tales of symphonia now my gc collection is complete[/QUOTE]

You, my friend just hit the mother load!

Now, there have been problems before due to GS employees forgetting to do the transfer. Are u going to follow up? How is transfer done? I know they write it in a book, but does anyone know if they do it on the computer?

they had skies of arcadia and tales of symphonia now my gc collection is complete[/QUOTE]

Damn, lucky you! I've been trying to find Tales forever. Were they disc only or actually complete?

[quote name='Hammer.exe']Damn, lucky you! I've been trying to find Tales forever. Were they disc only or actually complete?[/QUOTE]
I was so excited i forgot to ask him. they will arrive at my local gs in 4-5 days so ill just have to wait.

[quote name='Hammer.exe']Damn, lucky you! I've been trying to find Tales forever. Were they disc only or actually complete?[/QUOTE]

9/10 its probably dice only. He/she be lucky if it was complete.

I got lucky last year when i saw fire emblem complete. It almost look in mint condition. cover art, booklet looks barely used. I got it for half off ($12.50)

I cant find killer 7. A underrated, but great game

[quote name='cero5']I was so excited i forgot to ask him. they will to my local gs in 4-5 days so ill just have to wait.[/QUOTE]

So can you tell me what u say when u call?
So u tell them to transfer to store #?
Do u provide any other info. like customer name and number?
How is the receiving store going to know that its yours?

I actually stumbled upon a CIB copy of Fire Emblem and, with this clearance, was able to pick it up for $6.XX. Fantastic deal and the disc seems to work great (no visible scratches, played well for my ~30 minute test period).

Lets see, in addition to RE 3: Nemesis, I now got Timesplitters 2, Gun, Batman: Vengeance, From Russia With Love, and Star Wars Bounty Hunter for quite the low price.

Went to one of the stores near me and the girl said I'd have better luck just watching the website for stock. I asked if any other local stores had any in stock and she said no way because as soon as this sale started the employees and friends snatched the games up quick to put them on Craigslist and eBay.

Bought a gamecube with one control, a bad video cable, Luigi mantion and Mario Party for 10 bucks. That was a deal of the decade. I am very happy. It was not gamestop it was a local pickup.

[quote name='swatman27']When was the last time they restocked the gc games online? Well the good gc games.[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell, they 'restocked' yesterday, around 11am EST. Wonder what causes it to happen. Their warehouse is getting more games shipped in from their stores, maybe?

[quote name='The Punisher']You, my friend just hit the mother load!

Now, there have been problems before due to GS employees forgetting to do the transfer. Are u going to follow up? How is transfer done? I know they write it in a book, but does anyone know if they do it on the computer?[/QUOTE]
Ok first go online and look at the games you want within the 100 mile radius
2nd write the store number down with the games you want from that store.(dont be afraid to order from multiple)
3rd call your local gs and tell them to request the games for you
If you want a particular game tell the employer to ask for it at all the stores he calls.
I think they will follow up because gamestop called to tell me that the gc games are ready to ship.plus i bothered them alot lol.

[quote name='cero5']Ok first go online and look at the games you want within the 100 mile radius
2nd write the store number down with the games you want from that store.(dont be afraid to order from multiple)
If you want a particular game tell the employer to ask for it at all the stores he calls.
I think they will follow up because gamestop called to tell me that the gc games are ready to ship.plus i bothered them alot lol.[/QUOTE]

So you haven't had any trouble ordering games from multiple stores to be shipped? I've got orders from 3 different stores on hold, going out tomorrow to ask my local one to get them shipped there. Just making sure there's no cutoff or anything.

[quote name='Hammer.exe']So you haven't had any trouble ordering games from multiple stores to be shipped? I've got orders from 3 different stores on hold, going out tomorrow to ask my local one to get them shipped there. Just making sure there's no cutoff or anything.[/QUOTE]

No i havent. just make sure they take your info down

Very nice worker you got there. Seeing that they are selling the games for 5ish... Like many others, Gs won't ship gc games as it is not logical finiacally to ship over a games.

[quote name='cero5']Ok first go online and look at the games you want within the 100 mile radius
I think they will follow up because gamestop called to tell me that the gc games are ready to ship.plus i bothered them alot lol.[/QUOTE]

I just tell them the store number, but they never ask for customer info.
Should i be worried?

[quote name='The Punisher']I just tell them the store number, but they never ask for customer info.
Should i be worried?[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. Just call them back and make sure they have your info. As a extra measure tell your local gs to confirm the purchase with them.i know its a hassle but its for safety.

I'm going to have to try the transfer thing at a local store. They have all of the Mario Party games like 40 miles away. They're disc only, but if I can avoid making a meaningless hour drive again that would be great.

Also, for anyone looking for ways to store these disc only games, I found a 25 pack of mini cd jewel cases on ebay for $10 shipped. Think that would be better than those paper sleeves they come in.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I'm going to have to try the transfer thing at a local store. They have all of the Mario Party games like 40 miles away. They're disc only, but if I can avoid making a meaningless hour drive again that would be great.

Also, for anyone looking for ways to store these disc only games, I found a 25 pack of mini cd jewel cases on ebay for $10 shipped. Think that would be better than those paper sleeves they come in.[/QUOTE]

I used xbox 360 cases.

There are some stores about 15 miles from me that have a bunch of gc games like zelda, super smash bros, Pokemon xd, and mario games but they're in bad areas. I might just go anyways tomorrow.

Of my first haul (23 games, 25 different discs) I got 100% working. They were all in sleeves though.

Of my second haul (22 games, 23 different discs) I haven't started checking. They were all in cases (5 generic, rest original) and bought them mostly for the cases (they were less than $0.50 each).

If anyone can get me a GameBoy Player and / or some of the games I'm missing (like Luigi's Mansion), I have games (like SSBM) and cash to trade xD

[quote name='david12795']im thinking about returning animal crossings and odama tomorrow. does anyone want them? otherwise, im gonna return it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Does animal crossing work? If so, interested.

Is there any difference from the PS2 and the GC version of Killer 7 ?

Anyone have a P.N.03 for trade or sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spamfree2']Is there any difference from the PS2 and the GC version of Killer 7 ?[/QUOTE]

Better graphics, less/no lag, faster loading times. All around better.

I went to 2 GS' in my area, selection was limited but I'll list what I got. Trades/offers welcome, I don't plan on keeping most of them.
Unless noted, have not tested all yet and most are disc only.

Zatchbell: Mamodo Battles (someone asked for this in this thread earlier.)
Battalion Wars
TMNT: Mutant Melee
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 (original case and manual)
Dead to Rights
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of Imperfect
Swingerz Golf
UNiversal Studios (tested, works)
Finding Nemo (tested, works)
Crash Tag Team Racing (tested, works)

I Found a few I plan on keeping like Pokemon colloseum :)
Also mario baseball that I dont think Im keeping. Listed them in millertime link.

How do I go about returns? There was no recite given just the confirmation. I plan on just going inside a Gamestop today with the paper that came with my shipment and returning the two games that don't work.

Do I need anything else to return them?

Also how do I go about shipping games to a store that does not sell Gamecube games? I went into my usual store and the boss said that they can't take or sell games. If anything, I'll just ship it over to another store I know sells Gamecube games but that store always gives me issues.

I don't know if you guys know this or what, but I haven't seen it posted since people have been looking for a way to store the games other than sleeves, but you can just ask the employees to give you empty generic cases for all of the games you buy and they should do it. I've done it multiple times and just yesterday when I picked up 11 games, I had to wait on them to finish with the other customers, but they were kind enough to give me the cases.

The website appears to be restocking from time to time... some decent stuff on there now including Mario Power Tennis, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Simpsons Hit & Run, Ultimate Spiderman, and some Need For Speed games.

Sad to say, but I have about 282 Gamecube Games already.....will never see that money back :(

Would rather keep them, than give them away....

Only one store within 5 to 7 miles of me has any Gamecube games, and with the exception of DDR Mario Mix, it's all garbage. And I'm not buying DDRMM without a dance pad...

There are plenty of stores about an hour and a half out that have games I want, though. :whistle2:T Maybe I'll try getting them shipped to my nearest store, but, eh. It's Gamestop. My hopes for them even bothering are pretty low.

[quote name='sublime2d']The website appears to be restocking from time to time... some decent stuff on there now including Mario Power Tennis, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Simpsons Hit & Run, Ultimate Spiderman, and some Need For Speed games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, man! Picked up Simpsons, Mario tennis, and the Hulk for $5.24. It let me use the saver and cag16 coupon codes even though it was not over $25. Good stuff!

Not the best games, and I've tried most before, but it's looking like $17.37 for:
WWE Day of Reckoning 2
Wave race Blue Storm
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Hulk
Puyo Pop Fever
One Piece: Pirates' Carnival
One Piece: Grand Battle!

[quote name='Tendoboy']Sad to say, but I have about 282 Gamecube Games already.....will never see that money back :(

Would rather keep them, than give them away....[/QUOTE]

Sell on CAG, we got a bunch of gamecube junkies here... like me :)

I don't have any special gamecube games. Probably my hardest to find is japanese twilight princess. Too bad I can't read it.

I keep missing Mario: Power Tennis and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. Still, I was able to get to a store about 20 miles away, and picked up:

Kirby Air Ride
Evolution Worlds
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Super Mario Strikers
Animal Crossing
Custom Robo
Chibi-Robo

I think it ran me around $15.41, tax and all. Not too shabby.

The availability of titles changes so if you have a game you really want. just keep checking back in.
I just got some random games to even out the playlist. Hope Madagascar is voiced, loved that movie XD

[quote name='mpaullin']Thanks for the heads up, man! Picked up Simpsons, Mario tennis, and the Hulk for $5.24. It let me use the saver and cag16 coupon codes even though it was not over $25. Good stuff![/QUOTE]

Thanks for those codes. There wasn't a whole lot on the site, but I still managed to pick up about ten games.

Had a nice haul from a Gamestop in Northeast, MD on Sunday morning.

Stopped in Saturday to see what they had and I was told that what is on the shelf is all they have. They really had nothing to choose from besides sports games and Bionicle. Later that night I got online and crossed my fingers and tried doing a in-store pickup for Metroid Prime 1 & 2. Well Sunday morning came and I received the email saying my order was ready!

I didn't know what to think. No way could that kid the from the previous night tell me bad information!

So I get there and amazingly my two games are ready and waiting. So I figure what the hell and ask the associate to print me a list of what they actually have in stock! She proceeds to print out 5 pages worth of inventory! I couldn't believe it! Ended up walking out with

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime Echos
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Bloody Roar
Need For Speed Underground
Warioware
Mario Golf
Super Monkey Ball
Soul Calibur 2
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals

along with a couple others. From other trips to other Gamestops I ended up grabbing copies of

Harvest Moon: A wonderful Life
Need For Speed Carbon
Starfox Adventures

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got 2 of my 4 orders (other two are going to get canceled... they've been open for 3-4 days now) and man, these discs are in terrible shape... on at least two games, the artwork side is completely destroyed, meaning the disc probably won't work.

[quote name='Vinny']I just got 2 of my 4 orders (other two are going to get canceled... they've been open for 3-4 days now) and man, these discs are in terrible shape... on at least two games, the artwork side is completely destroyed, meaning the disc probably won't work.[/QUOTE]

Thats shitty. I just placed my first online order today. Hope I fair better than you, but I won't hold my breath.

Gamestop's resurfacing machine causes the Gamecube discs to have a big circular scratch on the label side of the disc in some cases...

I'm eagerly awaiting my shipment to come in today.

bread's done
Back