Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

The resurfaced ones that I got were not even resurfaced properly. One side was noticeably resurfaced more than the other causing disk read error. Maybe the resurface machine was not calibrated or not level. who knows.

[quote name='ZombieFever']Had a nice haul from a Gamestop in Northeast, MD on Sunday morning.

Stopped in Saturday to see what they had and I was told that what is on the shelf is all they have. They really had nothing to choose from besides sports games and Bionicle. Later that night I got online and crossed my fingers and tried doing a in-store pickup for Metroid Prime 1 & 2. Well Sunday morning came and I received the email saying my order was ready!

I didn't know what to think. No way could that kid the from the previous night tell me bad information!

So I get there and amazingly my two games are ready and waiting. So I figure what the hell and ask the associate to print me a list of what they actually have in stock! She proceeds to print out 5 pages worth of inventory! I couldn't believe it! Ended up walking out with

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime Echos
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Bloody Roar
Need For Speed Underground
Warioware
Mario Golf
Super Monkey Ball
Soul Calibur 2
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals

along with a couple others. From other trips to other Gamestops I ended up grabbing copies of

Harvest Moon: A wonderful Life
Need For Speed Carbon
Starfox Adventures[/QUOTE]

yeah its honestly best to persist on employees. they usually dont check anything until you annoy them.

It looks as if the website updates dont have any of the big titles anymore...im not sure whether weve seen the last of them or not...

On another note, this GC business got me all nostalgic and I was searching on google for GC games...and I ran into this CAG thread from 2004...it was a Circuit City thread were like almost every single game out at the time was 4.99. Its literally the most insane deal Ive ever seen....curses for not being a CAG back then! I remember paying so much as a kid for all those games...Anyone here old enough to remember that specific CC deal?? maybe one of the mods?

[quote name='Rozz']Gamestop's resurfacing machine causes the Gamecube discs to have a big circular scratch on the label side of the disc in some cases...

I'm eagerly awaiting my shipment to come in today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, every single game I received shows that pattern on the artwork side. Plus, there's some residue (the polish plus shavings) build-up in the disc's slot... I have no idea how they managed to get that gunk in between the disc's layers.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']It looks as if the website updates dont have any of the big titles anymore...im not sure whether weve seen the last of them or not...

On another note, this GC business got me all nostalgic and I was searching on google for GC games...and I ran into this CAG thread from 2004...it was a Circuit City thread were like almost every single game out at the time was 4.99. Its literally the most insane deal Ive ever seen....curses for not being a CAG back then! I remember paying so much as a kid for all those games...Anyone here old enough to remember that specific CC deal?? maybe one of the mods?[/QUOTE]

Those sales were awesome, I picked up so many Xbox/Ps2/GC/GBA games from those various sales in 2003/2004. I remember going to Circuit City at opening with like 5 printed out pages of the massive list and just digging through the shelves of games with such frenzied excitement. I remember two of the sales specifically, I believe one was during summer of 2004, maybe July and the other was like December of 04. Toys R Us actually used to do similar $9.99 sales if I remember correctly but the CC ones were always the most fruitful for myself. I remember having so much fun trying out all the random, obscure games I was able to pickup. Actually some of my favorite stuff at the time I got through those various sales, stuff like Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven, Metal Arms, Beyond Good and Evil, I-Ninja, Silent Hill 2...Damn I wish I was still a kid =(

[quote name='SunCe177']Those sales were awesome, I picked up so many Xbox/Ps2/GC/GBA games from those various sales in 2003/2004. I remember going to Circuit City at opening with like 5 printed out pages of the massive list and just digging through the shelves of games with such frenzied excitement. I remember two of the sales specifically, I believe one was during summer of 2004, maybe July and the other was like December of 04. Toys R Us actually used to do similar $9.99 sales if I remember correctly but the CC ones were always the most fruitful for myself. I remember having so much fun trying out all the random, obscure games I was able to pickup. Actually some of my favorite stuff at the time I got through those various sales, stuff like Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven, Metal Arms, Beyond Good and Evil, I-Ninja, Silent Hill 2...Damn I wish I was still a kid =([/QUOTE]

Wowwww yea like Im not kidding the list of games I was looking at was INSANE...like almost every game out at the time was 4.99. Some of the games on that list were Double Dash, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Ikaruga etc...I cannot BELIEVE that sale was real haha...back then If I wanted a game id pay the full 49.99 for it..I had no idea about clearance or any such things...

I missed the 1st CC deal with MvsC2. The second I remember, all the crazy PS2 RPGs going on sale for darn cheap. Some memorable Shadow Hearts Covenant, Grandia III , Tales of Legendia , among others. It was pretty much all XBOX , PS2 , GC, and the GBA stuff. The good ole days. Hoarding and flipping was rampant. I remember people bragging about flipping and bans at GR/Gamestop/Gamecrazy . Search for "kunaiing" and you'll understand. lol

[quote name='SunCe177']Those sales were awesome, I picked up so many Xbox/Ps2/GC/GBA games from those various sales in 2003/2004. I remember going to Circuit City at opening with like 5 printed out pages of the massive list and just digging through the shelves of games with such frenzied excitement. I remember two of the sales specifically, I believe one was during summer of 2004, maybe July and the other was like December of 04. Toys R Us actually used to do similar $9.99 sales if I remember correctly but the CC ones were always the most fruitful for myself. I remember having so much fun trying out all the random, obscure games I was able to pickup. Actually some of my favorite stuff at the time I got through those various sales, stuff like Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven, Metal Arms, Beyond Good and Evil, I-Ninja, Silent Hill 2...Damn I wish I was still a kid =([/QUOTE]

Those were the good old days before everyone became a flipper... you could walk into a store, and actually find deals. The $5 CC clearance was what brought me to CAG.

Now, you pretty much have to flip if you want any decent deals.

All the games I actually want are spread out over a 50 mile radius. None are at my two local stores. My daughter is almost three so I may stop by and pick up some old school spongebob games and stuff for $5-10 bucks total. I'll dust the cube off when she's a little older.

[quote name='swatman27']When was the last time they restocked the gc games online? Well the good gc games.[/QUOTE]

They've restocked several times the past few weeks as they've received a number of inventory items from various B&M stores as they have requested most stores to send in their stock.

They'll be undoubtedly doing another big restock in the coming week. The problem is the next large restock will be of fully defective titles that people have been receiving from the recent mass of online GC purchases since this deal hit. People will send them back or return them to a local store that will send them in....the GS warehouse will once again grind the discs into oblivion and offer them up for sale to repeat the process.

BTW...congrats to all those that have managed to score some really nice titles during the course of the deal. Almost all my local stores had to ship out their local stock so there was only 2 stores within 50 miles of me that actually had any in stock. My haul wasn't the best but they were cheap:

Summoner Goddess Reborn
Kirby Air Ride
Custom Robo
Odama
Army Men RTS
Wave Race
Hulk
Amazing Island
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Soul Calibur 2
TMNT
Super Bubble Pop

[quote name='The Punisher']So if two of the same games the top dice one has a bright natural look and the other looks the same, but looks darker tone does that mean the darker one is most lucky resurfaced?[/QUOTE]

All games that go to gamestop's warehouse get resurfaced actually. The more its returned/refurbed though the worse the look. or at times its due to how lazy the employee during the refurbing is.

I posted this in the trade forum also, but I found a complete in box, black label (NOT Player's Choice) copy of Resident Evil 4. The discs are in a fair condition, but still lots better than the condition most of the other Gamecube discs are in. The manual also has a yellow sticker on the front right corner. I already have the PS3 HD remake of RE4, so if anyone has a copy of Resident Evil Revelations for 3DS that they are willing to trade for my GC RE4, I will make that trade.

GC RE4 > PS3 RE4 (Except in the form of the additional content from the Wii version)

PS3 version uses low quality sounds in game and other stuff from the PC/PS2 version.

I'm willing to offer a $5 bonus each ontop of price+ shipping on RE 2, 3, paper mario thousand year door, $10 bonus on LOZ Master Quest or Collectors & Fire emblem, no need for CIB ill take DISC only even :'(

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Wowwww yea like Im not kidding the list of games I was looking at was INSANE...like almost every game out at the time was 4.99. Some of the games on that list were Double Dash, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Ikaruga etc...I cannot BELIEVE that sale was real haha...back then If I wanted a game id pay the full 49.99 for it..I had no idea about clearance or any such things...[/QUOTE]

Many CAGs joined because of that clearance. It was almost unreal at the time.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Picked up 18 games today under $30 [/QUOTE]

Yeah... I got 16, some of the highlights are Tak 1-3, Odama CIB, Sonic Riders, Tomb Raider Legends CIB, rogue squadron 1 & 3 generic case.

[quote name='drtomoe123']I got 8 games from the sale and NOT A SINGLE ONE worked.

ugh.[/QUOTE]

That seems odd... are you sure you GC or Wii is working ok?

I think I should warn you guys that because their polishing machine damaged the artwork side, I've noticed a two of my games where the artwork is starting to chip off... like you would see on an old wall. Stick one of those in your system and it'll probably get fucked up.

I'm gonna look over these games extra carefully. I'm gonna hook up my GC to test them (since that's cheaper to replace).

I agree with Vinny. I would caution putting in the games with gunk in the Wii. I'll probably jack it up. I use the gamecube so I can at least blow it with compressed air.

Just checked online and it looks like stores near me have a first-party controller, MLB Slugfest 2003 and Day of Reckoning 2. Sadly, the only copies of MGS: Twin Snakes are all the way in Brooklyn :(

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I'm going to have to try the transfer thing at a local store. They have all of the Mario Party games like 40 miles away. They're disc only, but if I can avoid making a meaningless hour drive again that would be great.

Also, for anyone looking for ways to store these disc only games, I found a 25 pack of mini cd jewel cases on ebay for $10 shipped. Think that would be better than those paper sleeves they come in.[/QUOTE]

Since says your in Rogers, AR. Go to Berryville, they have a good selection (and still some games w/cases). I actually picked up 52 gamecube games w/cases (real cases, not generic). (2 with just case, they didn't have the games but let me keep case) there. Also, I went up to Neosho, but they didn't have cases for any, but picked up 14 games there also (hate not having the case though). If you collect case only I might remember which ones had cases if ask.

New user so can't post links, but if you go to sunnycloudgames.com/gcGames.JPG has picture of all them.

They had a Pokemon Collesium with case but was Player's Choice which I don't collect (had to get Pac-man because son was bugging me too lol).

[quote name='AtmaVegeta']Since says your in Rogers, AR. Go to Berryville, they have a good selection (and still some games w/cases). I actually picked up 52 gamecube games w/cases (real cases, not generic). (2 with just case, they didn't have the games but let me keep case) there. Also, I went up to Neosho, but they didn't have cases for any, but picked up 14 games there also (hate not having the case though). If you collect case only I might remember which ones had cases if ask.

New user so can't post links, but if you go to sunnycloudgames.com/gcGames.JPG has picture of all them.

They had a Pokemon Collesium with case but was Player's Choice which I don't collect (had to get Pac-man because son was bugging me too lol).[/QUOTE]

Lol. At least it came with a case.

Turns out there's a local store where i live, they have all the games i ever wanted as child. I'm going to buy them all!

- Custom Robo
- RE-3
- Cell Damage
- Billy Hatcher
- Magical Mirror Mickey
- Blood Rayne

All my games came in a generic case and wreak of smoke. Of the 15 games, half of them havea black residue in the center part of the disc... most of the games are moderately scratched so whoever made the comment about resurfacing games is not completely true. For less than $2 each, I got what I paid for it I guess.

Just because a disk is resurfaced doesn't mean its going to be like new. Who know if it was resurfaced previously and got all scratched up again from use. The black residue is the paste/goop that they use for resurfacing. They put too much and it oozes in between the 2 layers of the GC disc. It gets in between the layers near the spindle.

I had a disc that worked fine until I got about 20 minutes in and a read error. I don't know if I feel comfortable trading these to other people without putting in some hours of testing.

[quote name='Deader2818']Hey if you happen to go ot Brooklyn could you pick a game up for me? lol[/QUOTE]

SERIOUSLY either that or the bronx, its rediculous!

Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros are back in stock. Mario Kart was showing but already went OOS.

[quote name='mitch079']Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros are back in stock. Mario Kart was showing but already went OOS.[/QUOTE]

Sunshine gone now too.

Just checked the site Double Dash, Super Mario Sunshine, and Melee are all available now NOW GO NOW WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS

....with SAVER and CAG16 it came to 6.47 for Smash Bros

[quote name='wpress']Just checked the site Double Dash, Super Mario Sunshine, and Melee are all available now NOW GO NOW WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS

....with SAVER and CAG16 it came to 6.47 for Smash Bros[/QUOTE]

Anndddd its gone.

Got my games in. Haven't tested them all yet, but so far out of the few only one gave me a disc read error. One I'm worried about putting in my system at all and might not even bother testing - it came with two circular stickers around the spindle of the disc. I took them off and there's a crack underneath. It looks like they found that disc in a garbage bin somewhere. Otherwise, I'm happy with the other games working, though I hope they work for the entirety of the games. Also, if you're ordering expecting cases, I wouldn't bank on it - pretty much everything came disc only.

Got my first pair of games from the transfer
windwaker
resident evil zero and 1
star fox assault and adventure
all with case artwork no booklets,every disc is in good condition except RE0 scratched alot but still works.
Then i asked for another transfer im getting zelda collectors disc.

What are the chances of finding decent official Nintendo gc controllers? Also, I would love to get a copy of Twin snakes, but that I know would be being too optimistic.

[quote name='Vinny']That seems odd... are you sure you GC or Wii is working ok?

I think I should warn you guys that because their polishing machine damaged the artwork side, I've noticed a two of my games where the artwork is starting to chip off... like you would see on an old wall. Stick one of those in your system and it'll probably get fucked up.

I'm gonna look over these games extra carefully. I'm gonna hook up my GC to test them (since that's cheaper to replace).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried them out on both a Wii and a GC and they all come up with the "disc cannot be read" screen at some point (usually after the progressive scan prompt).

I picked these all up off the website, so I wasn't expecting much. They were all extras that I was going to give to friends, so it's a bummer, but I'll just return them.

UGH how do people pick these off so fucking quickly?

There's like 5 games that say instock that I want. But when I add to cart is says they are unavailable. All of them.

This sucks :/

Even reloading them says still available.

Resident evil 4 is an awesome game but I have it on multiple systems already. Wii, PS2 Premium , and PC. At this point in time.. I am just hoping to get some exclusives. My backlog is already huge and my wallet is thin.

[quote name='MrBonk']SAVER only works on 24.99 and over[/QUOTE]

I know. But I was able to get it to work on a $6 purchase yesterday somehow. Guess I'm not gonna get lucky twice.

[quote name='mpaullin']I know. But I was able to get it to work on a $6 purchase yesterday somehow. Guess I'm not gonna get lucky twice.[/QUOTE]

It works if your total is $25 before discount. That's probably what happened before.

bread's done
Back