Gamefly 3DS Price Drops - Lego City Undercover $15, Gates to Infinity $15, Paper Mario $18, DKC 3D $18, Luigi's Mansion $20, M&L Dream Team $25

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
All games have free shipping.  Gamefly games comes with original cases, manuals, and other inserts (such as Online Passes). Usually the games are in pretty good shape, but they are used games.  

Unsure if these are part of a one-day sale or just price drops.

:3ds: Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins - $14.99

:3ds: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - $14.99

:3ds: Paper Mario: Sticker Star - $17.99

:3ds: Donkey Kong Country Returnds 3D - $17.99

:3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - $19.99

:3ds: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - $24.99

FAQ:

If a game is only letting you rent it and not buy it, it means it is out of stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't pretty much all of the updates for multiplayer stuff? I've just skimmed a couple of the patch notes and that's all I see. I'll try and find out for sure, because if so I won't waste my time downloading all of them. I just want to run through the story.
I don't know, I never play MP, but I always do the update in case they fix glitches for the SP.

Normally it is very fast for me because of my blazing Internet speeds, and the patch(es) (6 of them I think) is only 600MB or so.

Odd after I ordered Pandora's Tower later on I ended up ordering The Cave+ Hell Yeah for only $3 because of 20% off code but now I get this little email

"Dear Gamer,

Thanks for your recent order on GameFly! We are hoping to speak with you directly to verify this purchase. We will reach out to you as soon as possible using the email address or phone number located on your account during the following times, Monday –Friday from 8AM CST to 7PM CST and Saturday/Sunday from 8AM CST to 6PM CST.

You are also welcome to call us directly at 888-986-6400 Monday-Friday during our phone hours of 12:00PM-4:00PM CST.

If there is a time that works best for you, please let us know and we would be more than happy to reach out to you to authorize this order so you can start enjoying the game!

We look forward to assisting you.

Thank you,

The GameFly Tech Team

Online help: http://digitalsupport.gamefly.com

IMPORTANT: To ensure a timely resolution, please reply directly to this e-mail with any additional questions you have regarding this inquiry. Please do not fill out the support online form multiple times for the same request. It may delay our response to you. If you do send a new e-mail regarding the same request, please include the incident number in brackets in the subject line."

Can someone hear please tell me what is going on and or what this is? Neither of my orders for Pandora's Tower or The Cave have went through and are "Under review". I"ve ordered off here plenty of times what is up with today?

Odd after I ordered Pandora's Tower later on I ended up ordering The Cave+ Hell Yeah for only $3 because of 20% off code but now I get this little email

"Dear Gamer,

Thanks for your recent order on GameFly! We are hoping to speak with you directly to verify this purchase. We will reach out to you as soon as possible using the email address or phone number located on your account during the following times, Monday –Friday from 8AM CST to 7PM CST and Saturday/Sunday from 8AM CST to 6PM CST.

You are also welcome to call us directly at 888-986-6400 Monday-Friday during our phone hours of 12:00PM-4:00PM CST.

If there is a time that works best for you, please let us know and we would be more than happy to reach out to you to authorize this order so you can start enjoying the game!

We look forward to assisting you.

Thank you,

The GameFly Tech Team

Online help: http://digitalsupport.gamefly.com

IMPORTANT: To ensure a timely resolution, please reply directly to this e-mail with any additional questions you have regarding this inquiry. Please do not fill out the support online form multiple times for the same request. It may delay our response to you. If you do send a new e-mail regarding the same request, please include the incident number in brackets in the subject line."

Can someone hear please tell me what is going on and or what this is? Neither of my orders for Pandora's Tower or The Cave have went through and are "Under review". I"ve ordered off here plenty of times what is up with today?
Was it the 1st digital order you had? If so they always do it for the 1st order for digital games.

Looks like there's a bunch of DS/3DS games that have free shipping that weren't there yesterday.  I'll update the OP in a bit, though I'm not sure how great any of these deals are.  I don't have a 3DS and it seems like those game prices are always too expensive for me.

Looks like there's a bunch of DS/3DS games that have free shipping that weren't there yesterday. I'll update the OP in a bit, though I'm not sure how great any of these deals are. I don't have a 3DS and it seems like those game prices are always too expensive for me.
I did some price comparisons to Amazon, and while they're cheaper, they may be Gamefly's normal price.

As an aside, I'm kind of surprised I passed on Pandora's Tower yesterday. I do plan on eventually getting a Wii U, but since the game is going for ~$19 new I passed. The reviews from critics and users alike also dissuaded me to make an impulse buy.

I did some price comparisons to Amazon, and while they're cheaper, they may be Gamefly's normal price.

As an aside, I'm kind of surprised I passed on Pandora's Tower yesterday. I do plan on eventually getting a Wii U, but since the game is going for ~$19 new I passed. The reviews from critics and users alike also dissuaded me to make an impulse buy.
I'm gonna update the OP, even though like you say, there aren't any major deals here. Hopefully this is a flash sale though, meaning they may be back. Though I'm pretty much completely caught up on the older games at this point. I guess if ACIII hit $10 again I'd grab it, but besides that I've bought pretty much everything imaginable from Gamefly except for newer releases which aren't ready to hit the $10 range yet.

Which version of DKC is better, Wii or 3DS? I have the Wii one, haven't played it yet, but I always thought 3DS would be a better fit for this one.

Which version of DKC is better, Wii or 3DS? I have the Wii one, haven't played it yet, but I always thought 3DS would be a better fit for this one.
Supposedly, the 3DS version has some framerate/stuttering issues. It naturally doesn't look as sharp. I'm not speaking from personal experience but I have heard that it is not a strong port.

The 3DS Donkey Kong doesn't have motion controls, so it sort of wins as the better version by default. It's a good game and should be played if you like platformers either way.

Both versions are good. I personally traded my Wii copy so I could get the 3DS one.

There are some parts of the 3DS one that may be difficult to see, but overall, it's a good game.

Get either or both.

I had to stop playing Donkey Kong on the Wii because holding a Wiimote sideways is bad and shaking/waggling it to do stuff was so stupid. Almost as bad as Zelda (I'm left handed, and no, holding a d-pad/joystick in my right hand will NOT work for me).

Wish all games had Wii Controller Pro compatibility.

I don't know if I already mentioned this, but I got my Tomb Raider and Resident Evil Revelations for the PS3 and they were both in pristine condition. 

had a 10 buck coupon that expired  tuesday before thanksgiving so  grabbed  Gates . already had it twice but  doubt   i would buy anything else  so got it for 5

A quick question since most of you probably use the gamefly service as well as buy the used games.
If I start a membership up in the next few days what are the odds of me being able to receive Ps4 or Xbox One games fairly quickly. Without being a member I can't seem to find anywhere that shows what the wait time is for these titles. I'm not really interested in renting for other platforms so it would be kind of a waist if I had to wait 2-3 weeks before I could get my first couple of titles. (Figured I'd use the 2 out at a time plan at $20 for 2 months rather than the free 1 out for 1 month)
Thanks for your help.

Looks better on the Wii, but controls much better on the 3DS, and the portability factor makes it feel better on a handheld. Not much is lost in translation, and the improved controls make it worth playing. For $35, I'd say it's not worth it if you already played it, but for $18, definitely.

I had to stop playing Donkey Kong on the Wii because holding a Wiimote sideways is bad and shaking/waggling it to do stuff was so stupid. Almost as bad as Zelda (I'm left handed, and no, holding a d-pad/joystick in my right hand will NOT work for me).

Wish all games had Wii Controller Pro compatibility.
If you have a modded Wii (which is really easy), you can load ocarina codes to enable the classic controller for Donkey Kong. It works really well.

It probably varies from person to person, but I was able to redeem club nintendo codes with my purchase
It should not vary for anyone, as the game packaging is set aside and remains unused, so the case and inserts are always in new condition. As a rule, Gamefly used games always come with unused online/registration rules. There could always be an occasional exception to that rule though of course (ex. if a gamefly employee would steal a code for themselves).

Just wanted to mention that I got my Luigi's Mansion in the mail yesterday and it was pristine!  Case looks great, all the manuals and I was even able to register the club nintendo code.  Very thrilled with this purchase!

bread's done
Back