Gamefly 3DS Price Drops - Lego City Undercover $15, Gates to Infinity $15, Paper Mario $18, DKC 3D $18, Luigi's Mansion $20, M&L Dream Team $25

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
All games have free shipping.  Gamefly games comes with original cases, manuals, and other inserts (such as Online Passes). Usually the games are in pretty good shape, but they are used games.  

Unsure if these are part of a one-day sale or just price drops.

:3ds: Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins - $14.99

:3ds: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - $14.99

:3ds: Paper Mario: Sticker Star - $17.99

:3ds: Donkey Kong Country Returnds 3D - $17.99

:3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - $19.99

:3ds: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - $24.99

FAQ:

If a game is only letting you rent it and not buy it, it means it is out of stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Just now realized past month I bought 7 games from Gamefly. Yeah, these deals are slowly racking up. I'm fine with no deals for sure.
12 for me in October, but only 10 unique titles. (Bought MGR:R and Dead Island Riptide twice because the BB TIVs were too good). Gamefly really seems to be clearing out stock for the next gen, and that's A-OK in my book.

Just popped Tomb Raider in to make sure it works. Is that static on the screen normal?

Edit: Nvm, I was able to find a YouTube video showing the game starting up.

received tomb raider just now... all in perfect condition aside from a few of those notches around the edges. no complaints here.

I'm on board for 10$ infinite, but also gears judgement. Thats another stubborn one. :)

Grabbed Prototype 2 for $4 something. (been a member for a year so 10% discount + $5 in gamely dollars).

Remember having fun with it. I heated it but always wanted to go back and get the plat for it cause I hear it's easy & fun.

WWE 13 for both consoles for $9.99 is new deal today it looks like.

Quick disclaimer, I hated majority of the Smackdown vs. Raw games and WWE 12, but goddamn WWE 13 was fun. Attitude mode made the single player so much more tolerable.

Grabbed Prototype 2 for $4 something. (been a member for a year so 10% discount + $5 in gamely dollars).

Remember having fun with it. I heated it but always wanted to go back and get the plat for it cause I hear it's easy & fun.
It's a decent and short game. I got platinum/1000 GS in about 20 hours with 2 playthroughs, definitely worth $4.xx.

I saw that title as well but it doesn't have free shipping, which usually indicates that it's just the new permanent price.
That's weird, it's on the free shipping games link, maybe it isn't updated. Though yeah checking it out now and going through confirmation it looks like they haven't given it the official deal of the day go ahead.

WWE 13 for both consoles for $9.99 is new deal today it looks like.

Quick disclaimer, I hated majority of the Smackdown vs. Raw games and WWE 12, but goddamn WWE 13 was fun. Attitude mode made the single player so much more tolerable.
I'm pretty sure it was there Friday if I'm not mistaken.

Are those little notches around the edge of the disc pretty common with GF discs?
Every one of my games has had them, but only one of them didn't work. YMMV though, some here report getting near mint discs every time. Largely depends on what dist. center they come from.

Are those little notches around the edge of the disc pretty common with GF discs?
Yes and stresses out the drive spinning them. I am shocked most do not care but hey this is cag after all.

My dist is PA and 90% or more chipped bad. Install to hd to help the wear and tear on drive.

KC, Missouri facility shipping takes forever compared to TX, PA, and CA. I still haven't received my MGR. The other 3 gets their games here fast

I've purchased at least 15 used games from Gamefly and they've all had them to varying degrees. A recent Amazing Spider-Man purchase caused my Xbox Slim to make a loud buzzing noise while playing the game. Since then, I've only ordered one game from them and am reluctant to buy any more.

Is there any proof of this?
I'd like to see some proof as well. Not saying this person is wrong, but I'd seriously like to know.

chat_agent.png
Deborah B.: As long as it is a PS3 game disc it should be fine. Because they are Blu-ray discs which uses a laser.
chat_agent.png
Deborah B.: But occasionally there will be discs that your system will not be able to read.

^From Playstation customer service. Still not really concrete proof that it does or doesn't, but figured I'd share anyway.

KC, Missouri facility shipping takes forever compared to TX, PA, and CA. I still haven't received my MGR. The other 3 gets their games here fast
I am a KC CAG as well, and I usually get my games from the PA dist center and it usually takes about 5 business days.

We expecting new deals today?
Only thing I can see that dropped in price is Grand Theft Auto IV (360, PS3) for $9.99 with free shipping. Personally, I think seeking out the Complete Edition is a better value since you can find it for not much more than Gamefly's price for just the base game.

Is there any proof of this?
Since you guys are talking about chipped discs, I would like to weigh in.

I don't have technical proof, but from a pure physics point of view, at the rpm that the blu drive is operating, any inconsistency in the distribution of weight across the surface would have significant impact, the lopsided downward force could be calculated if we apply some high school physics knowledge (happy to run the math formulas through with some CAGs if interested).

I don't know how much of this can the dive take since that is a mechanical issue, but if you are using, say, a LE console that you intend to keep, it is best to stay away from GF discs. My guess is that for normal PS3's that should be replace every four years anyways, it's nothing to be worried about.

Since you guys are talking about chipped discs, I would like to weigh in.

I don't have technical proof, but from a pure physics point of view, at the rpm that the blu drive is operating, any inconsistency in the distribution of weight across the surface would have significant impact, the lopsided downward force could be calculated if we apply some high school physics knowledge (happy to run the math formulas through with some CAGs if interested).

I don't know how much of this can the dive take since that is a mechanical issue, but if you are using, say, a LE console that you intend to keep, it is best to stay away from GF discs. My guess is that for normal PS3's that should be replace every four years anyways, it's nothing to be worried about.
I'm on my 2nd PS3, and I don't plan on replacing it. I've only purchased 22 games from Gamefly, and have 12 I haven't played yet. Say I just play these 12 through to completion (none are particularly long), am I looking at very much (theoretical) damage to my console ?

I suppose worse case scenario is the drive goes out and I can either replace that or buy a new PS3, and if it's only the drive my saves will be safe. PS3s should only get cheaper now anyways.

I'm on my 2nd PS3, and I don't plan on replacing it. I've only purchased 22 games from Gamefly, and have 12 I haven't played yet. Say I just play these 12 through to completion (none are particularly long), am I looking at very much (theoretical) damage to my console ?

I suppose worse case scenario is the drive goes out and I can either replace that or buy a new one, and if it's only the drive my saves will be safe. PS3s will only get cheaper now anyways.
I play a ton of GF discs on my PS3, I'm not that worried since it's not like Xillia LE console. I think it will more likely to die from processor hardware fatigue than drive failure.

I play a ton of GF discs on my PS3, I'm not that worried since it's not like Xillia LE console. I think it will more likely to die from processor hardware fatigue than drive failure.
Yeah I suppose I shouldn't be too worried either. As long as it lasts long enough to clear my (ever-growing) backlog, I'll be happy. I'll then move on to PS4 and rarely ever fire up the ol' PS3 again, if ever.

I'm still on my first PS3, a slim from 2009.  I would like to make it through all of my backlog before having to replace it, but if I end up having to get one more PS3 then that would be acceptable.

I'm still on my first PS3, a slim from 2009. I would like to make it through all of my backlog before having to replace it, but if I end up having to get one more PS3 then that would be acceptable.
My first was a fat model. Died of YLOD while I was playing Arkham Asylum. Paid $70 to have the guys from GopherMods repair it so I could get my saves off the hard drive. Sold for $100 to someone who just wanted to watch Blu-Rays (as far as I know the thing still works) and bought a slim from Best Buy that I've had for around 3 years now.

My fat model died of unknown causes :(

Then a slim model stopped reading dual layer blu rays like KZ3 GoW3 Resistance 3 :(

This slim is holding up pretty well. I use this to clean the drive head regularly.

You do know it wears out the other stuff to it takes more power to spin chipped discs. I give up people think they know everything about everything. Enjoy wearing out multiple things a drive running like that is not good for other hardware as well...

Edit: Sorry just realized why bother helping. Again sorry...

Makes a claim without any actual proof or support.  Someone dares question it, so instead of trying to back it up, just wimps out passive aggressively.

I'll miss your insight.

My FarCry 3 has a very small chip in it, nothing I would worry about. It's actually pretty hard to see unless the light is just right.

Overall I am satisfied. The disc looks a whole hell of a lot better than some shit I get from Gamestop.

I will buy from them again.

You do know it wears out the other stuff to it takes more power to spin chipped discs. I give up people think they know everything about everything. Enjoy wearing out multiple things a drive running like that is not good for other hardware as well...

Edit: Sorry just realized why bother helping. Again sorry...
Clearly, we are not familiar with each other on CAG. I don't meet you often but from your tone I assume you are advocating chipped discs harms the hardware, and if you read my conversation with backlog_overload (I doubt that you did), you can see that I made the hypothesis as well, but with a lack of statistical data, I merely approached it from a pure physics perspective, and even welcomed discussion with other math/physics fanatics to work the formula together.

I followed the statement with "I THINK it will die from hardware fatigue first", because in my Ph.D. days I published in the field of processor fault tolerance, wear-out and error resiliency, and just sharing my (somewhat educated) guess. Again, without concrete statistical data, I specifically began the statement with I THINK.

Never in my life have I assume the position of "knowing everything about everything". Your confidence suggest that you are well versed with the mechanical perspectives of the optical drives, I gravitated towards system level in my career so I have limited knowledge in this field, and if you have some insight please share with us.

@TooPoor: You probably do remember him. He was FNL 4EVA. Although his posts arent hardcore misspelled like they were months ago.

As far as the concern for chips Im not worried about it if they are tiny and very minimal. Now if there are like three good chunks missing I just get rid of them. I can't stand them just cause I like everything looking like new.

@TooPoor: You probably do remember him. He was FNL 4EVA. Although his posts arent hardcore misspelled like they were months ago.

As far as the concern for chips Im not worried about it if they are tiny and very minimal. Now if there are like three good chunks missing I just get rid of them. I can't stand them just cause I like everything looking like new.
Oh jesus, didn't realize it was him. Now I regret even bothering to respond to him.

Oh yeah....I remember now.

Anyway, I am in the process of testing out the four games I just got from GF. GoW Ascension took me almost an hour to do the stupid update, thankfully the Vita kept me company (usually wife is playing Persona on it, but every year during this month she is busy buying discounted cosmetics every night).

Oh yeah....I remember now.

Anyway, I am in the process of testing out the four games I just got from GF. GoW Ascension took me almost an hour to do the stupid update, thankfully the Vita kept me company (usually wife is playing Persona on it, but every year during this month she is busy buying discounted cosmetics every night).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't pretty much all of the updates for multiplayer stuff? I've just skimmed a couple of the patch notes and that's all I see. I'll try and find out for sure, because if so I won't waste my time downloading all of them. I just want to run through the story.

bread's done
Back